Every post that ends in doubles adds a focal point of this setting

Every post that ends in doubles adds a focal point of this setting.

Trips or higher decide the epic evil over this land

I start: a race of lanternfolk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1lsQfTaStcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My illustrious magical dick.

People live two realities, they switch realities when one body goes to sleep.

The setting is 90% Highlands and Dwarves are the dominant race

Off by one, reroll

The lanternfolk are mystical creatures who appear to lost travelers, those in doubt over the direction their life is taking, or those who have strayed and seek to repent, showing them the right way and giving hope. Their sightings occur rarer and rarer these days.

The great evil feeds on doubt, sorrow and despair.

lightning doesn't jump from cloud to cloud, but from wave to wave. This is because rambuctious merboys play games of "zap-tag"

No rerolls you punk, it's against the spirit of the thread.

>inb4 i made the thread

If you wanted a lanternfolk thread you should have just made one.

Anyways:
Electronic devices are portals into a cyber-dimension with "physical" laws determined by large corporation.

Magic is generated at the expense of life. Those that have suffered scars both physical and emotional have a greater wealth of power hidden within them.

Alcohol also happens to boost one's power, albeit at the cost of other vital tools such as concentration and accuracy.

Flying is much easier, most things that don't fly are super massive.

When men become truly strong their shadow becomes an echo of their true selves. Once such men pass on their shadows remain in the world until they are reborn under the flickering light of the forest. Such are the elves: long-living, mysterious and wise, watching for men whose legends may yet live among them.

A terrible spectre is sighted on rare occasions all over the planets face. It is the center of several religious cults, and the object of many brace adventurer's quests to find its origin.

Dubs confirms... it is canon.

How many focal points do we want? Once we've reached a threshold we could do a story share with this as our setting.

After a prank gone wrong from the god of chaos 99% of people born are women. This has created a tense political situation where men are a precious commodity.

I say we just keep going until it feels "right"

Storms center around strange floating "dungeons" filled with immense wealth but terrible curses

People being kidnapped by chickens that are not chickens, and replaced by these evil manifested fowl by them standing on each other's shoulders in a skin suit

Monkeys armed with Banana's that fire laser beams.

There is a type of tree that grows ninjas.

small fluffy pillow like objects are used as currency

>When I was young, yet thought myself grown, I took father's money and ran. I wanted to go to the city, I wanted soft kisses and sweetened wine, not the toil on the endless fields of wheat and barley. It was the dead of the night, and an unnatural fog descended on the road. I couldn't see, but I knew I was lost. Fear gripped my heart first, then regret. I have forgotten about the wine and the kisses, the decorated buildings and the wide alleyways. The only thing that could give comfort to my teary eyes were Mother's hugs and Father's righteous eyes. A metallic sound startled me, yet I didn't see anything. It was slowly approaching, and I saw a dim light. I got on my feet, my heart in my throat. Then I finally saw it. It was a creature unlike any I've seen before, resembling a lantern on a mechanical body. It never adressed me, it barely seemed to notice. It just strode at an even pace. I walked beside it. We carried on for two or three hours, in complete silence. The fog seemed to let up, and I started to recognize the landscape. In the distance, I saw my home, the place I wished to leave behind not a few hours earlier. I silently blessed the Gods for sending me this saviour, but, when I turned, I saw neither him nor the fog. I carried on toward my home. It's a story I shall never forget.

There is a moon base owned by an order of knights.

The moon has no atmosphere and neither does their base. This somehow does not impeed them.

Comfy. But how do you carry them around?
There are majestic flying cities and large skyships.

not him but I think they would are carried by stringing them together with needle and thread

if its easy to fly around . then they would be attached to your belt or a strap through strings.

The entire world is underwater.

Elves act like steroetypical rednecks.

Orcs have established their first megacorp. It's the CEO.

everything in the setting is based around or inspired to the aesthetics of first half of 20th century railway system and everything related to it

An all-female race of catgirls who communicate by meowing with different intonations.

the technology is maintained by tiny mysterious faily-like creatures, and the people living there have no idea how any of it works, and view it as some sort of natural phenomenon

Im OP and I didn't reroll that If anything i'm impressed that lanternfolk have this much appreciation

and now the setting is shit

Nyan...

Stands exist.

Jojos ones

Dang it.

No-eyed skeletons are a major race

lanterfolks are cool.

they could have come about naturally, if there is some sort of naturally developing technology in the setting.

Also they're mostly blind since they emit light.

Implying it wasn't before.
But OK. Let's roll for it. The setting is now shit.

Kaiju roam in the mountains, and deserts, and other wild places.

notZeus causes 90% of the problems in the setting

double doubles confirm it's good.

maybe those fluffy things help you fly; the more money you got, the higher you fly.
maybe they help you land in a soft pillowy cushion

So, we now have naturally occurred lampfolks and all-female catgirl race. They breed by parthenogenesis, I think.
And the setting is not shit.

And there might be dragons with feathers.

>flying coushin-baloons
I love it.
The main religion is devoted to the god of the calm skies who fights the storm-bringing serpent. We see the clashing of his sword with its scales as lightning. The pure souls go to the god's castle of clouds upon death, and they keep back the storm serpent's legion of impure souls, whose minds are consumed by the storm's wrath and bloodlust. The most important virtue of the pious man is stoic calmness, as it reflects the purity and peace of the sky. If the serpent's forces defeat the sky god's, the world will be consumed.

The political landscape is a decentralized patchwork of city-state-sized "countries". They range in size from hamlet to huge city. There are so many, no-one even knows the exact number.

catgirls are in fact normal cats, who have developed an illusion spell to portray women; in order to trick humans that menace their dumpsters

they live in a separated isolated pocket dimension an if anyone so much as discovers its existence it will collapse on itself and disappear.
they'll never have any role or presence or even be mentioned at all during any game or preparation or backstory.

There are traditional fantasy dwarfs who fly around inside the planet, which is hollow.

There are 2 types of fish folk.

Those with an upper body of a fish, and those with a lower body of a fish.

there are feathered dragons.
their feathers are metallic, with gold and bronze as part of their components. The feathers absorb electromagnetic radiation(photons) for energy and can trap pollutant.
They feed on catgirls, who are bred specifically as dragon meat.
The dragons are roughyl as big as a tall adult male. 90 to 120 kg

Trolls work as salt miners.

all catgirls are dead due to a plague.
It was excruciatingly painful for them.

A massively rich and pompous religious society who float around on their literal farts. Think not-Catholic bishops + Baron Harkonnen.

I like this idea. Except it's not illusion. They are a race that was a result of a magical experiment that merged a female witch with her familiar. That's why they're humanoid, all-female, and still talk by meowing,

there is a race of all male skunks.
catgirls can nly reproduce with skunksboys and skunkboys can only reproduce with catgrls.

skunkboys must be very insistent before a catirls gives in.

catgirls appeared in the setting by accident and must be returned to their home dimension.
during the travel back somethign goes wrong and they all die horribly.

all catgirls die horribly

Nah, catgirls can reproduce with other races, but they naturally reproduce by fission. If you cut a catgirl in halves, she will turn into two specimens.

everyone in the setting is a trap with a big dick. no exceptions

Catgirls are actually the females of the lampfolk. They are considered a separate race becuse of this extreme sexual dimorphism.

there is a separate and unrelated race of catboys as well.

They are spawned at random.

if you manage to put a monocle and a tophat on a wild animal it will become wellbehaved and intelligent, although they'll only have the knowledge they already had.

The largest city in the setting is barely holding together. It's one more building away from being too heavy to hold aloft.

This, and lampfolk communicate by glowing in morse.

Stop rerolling.

it was a reference to pepe le pew and penelope pussycat.
youtube.com/watch?v=1lsQfTaStcs

i'd rather all catgirls die or disappear in some way.

rolling for a brain parasite made the catgirl race go completely extinct thousands of years ago.

You only need a knitted hat for this, provided you knit it yourself before you put it on the beast.

Millions of meowing catgirl ghosts are roaming around.

young girls must be careful of goblin men selling their "fruit" at the goblin market.

Catgirl angels come in thousands from the sky.

anyone can use magic to some degree. Magic is relatively easy to use and instinctual and can't be taught. But you must know the effect you are trying to achieve and how it works.

For instance if you're trying to light a fire with magic you must know the chemical and physical principles that cause combustion and use magic to create them.

Some catgirls outlasted the parasite and still survived healthy.

Catgirl empire has influenced the culture of the world. Catgirl references in sculpture, mythos, history, and art.

nope all extinct. read again.
stop trying to make catgirls happen.
this is acceptable I guess

Catgirl time-travellers arrive in billions, unaffected by parasites.

everything has a soul.

Except lanternfolk

You've been trying really hard to make them un-happen. It's fair that they're now an army of undead that cannot be destroyed for good.

See this post:

>No rerolls you punk, it's against the spirit of the thread.

Nyan, I guess.

Punt the dwarf is a National sport in 3 countries.

It plays like volleyball, but with dwarfs instead of balls.

The undead catgirls are this world vampires.

blame the idiot who tried to insert his fetish into the thread.

becoming unead caused all catgirls to become skunkboys.

Aliens built the pyramids.

the army of undead catgirls is located in hell. It can never be reached and they can never escape it.

punt the dwarf is only played by dwarves.

Sometimes Undead skeletons hide inside undead corpses.

pyramids built the aliens.

and also whisked away to undead caatgirls to an unreachable and unbreachable alternate dimension.

> Someone mentions a race that you have fapped to
>Cry magical realm
Good job! Sometimes a catgirl is just a catgirl, you know. But they're all undead now, walking the earth as half-material meowing nasguls.

>thread starts out well
>starts getting comfy
>some idiot inserts a boring animu fetish race
>another idiot startings complaining
>literally degenerates into no u

Stop. The thread is ruined.
Try again tomorrow.

The greatest villain of the setting is, according to the nations, the wizard who created catgirl brain parasites to destroy catgirls. This magical nazi still lives somewhere, scared of what he has done.

> Cry fetish
No u. The thread goes on.

don't try to get cheeky.
if someone mentions an all female race, a furry one at that, it's clear that they are trying to insert their magical realm into it.
unfortunately there's a lot of people whose only interest in rp is imagining being with a girl an they try to turn all discussions towards only that.
so, no catgirls

Dubs confirm the truth of my statement.
You all need to stop.

Cat girls are not furries.

sorry, the other user got dubs. The thread stops here.

Clear to whom? To you? In a setting that already features soulless lanternfolk and pillow money?
Fuck you.

>furries are not furries

to anyone who has spent more than 2 days on Veeky Forums.

The main worshipped deity of the setting is Weird Al Yankovich.

Not related to the setting. The thread goes on. From the creator of catgirls. Enter tech-savvy leshi race!

dumb race

some cities are ruled by the Pink Elephants

See LOL, you're an idiot.

> Humans are just furless ape furries

Hey... BTW, aren't humans just furless ape furries?