Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Normal Marines renamed as Squats soon edition.

Daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=jmR4rPeRCZs

Another daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=Ougd6l1FnLQ

>Graia
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/

>Mars
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/forge-world-focus-mars-sep-11gw-homepage-post-4/

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>top 5 catastrophes(especially for Carnac)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-catastrophesgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/coming-soon-a-new-eisenhorn-novel/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/jes-bickham-chosen-of-nurgle-sep13gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>taufags

2nd for Sisters a QT !

Is the Guard the single strongest fighting force?

>Mfw my list for a GT that's coming up has 10 Maelific Lords and 3 Decimators with Soul Burners

Did you know that Abnett is writing another book about Eisenhorn?
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/coming-soon-a-new-eisenhorn-novel/
Also new Typhus model and some DG
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/jes-bickham-chosen-of-nurgle-sep13gw-homepage-post-2/

>GT

Ok, go ahead. Hope you place well.

It's normal games people should have a problem with this shit.

she can force herself into my heart anytime, dang

This"aetherical" shit that´s painted light green around his back never worked for me.

Way better than the DG book paintjob.
Much less busy.

[Embed] meme is stake as fuck

Why do a lot of Nurgle stuff have hooves?
Oh fuck no, I would never bring that to casual play, for that I bring 2 MLs at double points if the other guy agrees

They are supposed to be flies. It looks awful and you can't see any detail.

Plague flies are supposed to be black, anyway.

He put out part 1 of a new Eisenhorn trilogy four years ago

If trimmed of the bullshit the model is damn fine...

So why act like you're doing something bad, user? It's a tourney, the only acceptable time to go full WAACfag.

Dadda?

Everything except for the fumes on that looks great.

Newfag here. I'm heading out to pick up paint, brushes, tools and a box of Fire Warriors (still waiting on that Start Collecting box). Pics later.

I know Sarah Cawkwell did some 40k novels, not sure if there are any other novels by women

and given that most new canon SW novels written by women are YA bullshit I'm not exactly going to cry about it

Has the Blightlord Terminator sheet been leaked yet? Would like to know if my old "power weapon" DG terminators are still codex legal.

>Young Adult WH40K
why not

Fumes you say.

What Sept, user?

They have broken armour, a cracked foot plate is easy to make look like a hoof, easy transitions are a big thing, chaos gods (and designers) are lazy like that.

$20 for transfers from FW

Why? If they were $10 or if it included two sheets I could get drunk and talk myself into it.

I dunno, it feels like I am, I'm not proxying them either, I've converted 10 mutants out of greenstuff, Victoria Lamb stuff, and a heap of random kits, but it still feels dirty

Gonna snip dat shit.
Maybe use it on the daemon prince's vents

The DG of this guy look so much better than previous paintjobs by gw

>GW calls Tau terrible in their top five disasters article
Wow I guess even they hate Tau, no wonder they nerfed them to hell

/40kg/
What is your faction and why do you like it?

New Hard Mode: Say something nice about the last person's faction.

Either Vior'la or Ke'lshan. Camo paint though.

What the fuck is going on here? Where's the spice in the saute? No flavor! You're no chef. Your dishes are as bland as 40k 8th edition. Get out of my kitchen you cunt.

Guard.
I really like the idea of men on the ground and tank fire over head. Also the more into the fluff I get the more I get pulled into the idea that Man is the strongest heart of the universe.

Yeah who gives a fuck it's a GT, you'll probably play against people who bring like 200 conscripts, gurlyman, super chicken, or tons of brimstones

Your stale as fuck

Ramsay bait new and already stale. Like pottery

I haven't picked a faction yet, because I refuse to buy an index only faction. I'm waiting to see if the codexes make things more interesting.

Factions I like:

Chaos (codex was okay, want more options though)
Nids
GSC
Dark Eldar
Slaanesh Daemons

>rivets are made from nail art caviar beads.

user, you're a genius. I was looking for a good way to do rivets for a while, since I have to do a fuckton of armoured carapace for custom vehicle and Magi. Which ones did you use, if you know off the top of your head?

>she

>t.poorfag

>only poor people are tight with money
Clearly you've never been around wealthy people

Nice choices, Shas'O.

I'm Sa'cea.

How do I stop myself buying new armies?

To be fair, the FW sheets are quite large and are damn good quality. Ive got the custodes one, its good shit

>fanart is canon

Really?

Silence!

>7th edition fag cooking with ramen

Gtfo

You dont, user. You dont.

Don't worry, eventually you just run out of money and the problem solves itself
Also just put on a buying freeze until you've painted or sold off everything you own, or at least a vast majority of your army

Yes.

I don't think Shadowsun looks bad.

I actually like 8th's framework better than 7th. The simplification was necessary. I just wish they were doing something interesting in that framework.

>please bloat the rules they are too straightforward!

Very nice choice my new battle brother

For the Greater Good!

Here some cannon art :P

Shadowsun a cute.

>looks good
Debatable
>looks physically attractive
Wrong

Hello Veeky Forums

I've been playing a few casual games with my friends at low points levels (500/750/1000) but I'm hoping to start working my way towards 1500 and 2000 points at a more competitive level.

I know this isn't the best list in Christendom but any advice/points would be great!

General idea is use the Purgation squad to shoot the LRC up the field, drop in the NDK and kick some ass.

What would you say the value of the DG half of Dark Imperium is? Looking into trading it away but have no idea how much it's worth really.

>one of the Nurglenators has a bug belly

Fun.

I think the major thing is clarification of things they only wrote a short amount and would assume would be simple. Forgetting people around the world have various interpretation of written words.

But the game itself is still far superior to 5th, 6th and especially 7th. Not had this much fun since 3rd edition quite frankly.

I think its a strong foundation that GW can quickly chamge or add to with minimal effort. My hope is that the Co continues in this direction and slowly adds tactical choices while correcting rules/units based on player feedback.

I think a lot of useful information resulted from Nova (character spam, conscripts and IG points, chaos shit, etc)

Find out what people on ebay are selling the shit for and roll from that?

She'd fit right into planet of the apes!

#
I was thinking of trying to go from some form of colour transition, perhaps starting with Naggaroth Night and then giving it was wash with drakenhof nightshade, but then there's losing black in exchange for purple and blue.

Can we get more IG pin up stuff?
Shit's my weakness.

gorkanaut or morkanaut

50 bucks

Generally with dual kits I sell off the army I don't want for half then I keep the rulebook

It's like you people don't even like xenos, just blue humans.

I mean, she was good enough for Charlton Heston.

I don't view what I want as harmful rules bloat.

In 7th edition, the main rulebook had a large special rules section. In addition to this special rules section, some special rules were inexplicably left out of it, and included in sections related to them. Units would often reference special rules from other codexes, or the same codex. The net effect was that when I had to figure out how one unit would interact with another, I was often flipping through 3-5 pdfs, or 2 to 3 spots in the same pdf. It was annoying as fuck.

8th has fixed that. It's better organized. Rules are often just reprinted in full on the unit card without taking up all that much space. If a special rule is referenced and not reprinted, it's something extremely generic, or simple and unique to the faction, so you know where it is or you already memorized how it works.

If you want to know how to units interact, you often only need to look at the two unit entries, instead of 3-5 pdfs. 8th edition is amazing compared to 7th in that respect. And adding more unique rules wouldn't change that. Because you would just reprint the unique rules in full on the unit cards. It may bloat things, by making the unit cards take up more space. I can't argue against that. But that isn't a bad kind of bloat.

Yes, I do hope they clarify some strange things when the release the codex for a faction, or rerelease the indexes. I've seen a lot of issues with movement and abilities that replace it.

I agree entirely. What was the character spam and chaos shit issues at Nova?

Clearly in the eventual IG anime that gets made the commissar will be a loli who is sensitive about her height and threatens to kill anyone who mentions it

I like how the Ethereal seems to not know what everyone's so upset about. "It's a great song, guys! Really, this skull-faced fellow has a point!"

Space pope just has the mental fortitude to not be crippled by the mental assault
Rip mah nigga space pope

And it takes place close enough to the Felinid planet to include one in the main roster it's male.

>them sideburns
She'll go far as a commissar if Ciaphas Cain is her teacher

I should add, that unit special rules aren't the only way to make things more interesting. If we could get more varied and unique stratagems, more varied and unique wargear, and more varied and unique psychic powers, all of those would go a long way towards making things more interesting and less samey right now.

Are leviathan dreads worth it this edition for chaos

Yes
Grav fluxes are made for fucking almost any unit, they aren't too bad choppy either

Do you face hoards? The answer is yes either way.

yea, the stratagems are nice when looked at as an individual faction but they're already repeating or very similar.

Which I dont particularly mind on armies that are similar - marine, CSM, bolter wielding dickhead from army X getting the same stratagem in their book..

But when more exotic stuff comes out, i'd like to see something different.

I don't think any of them will ever make it to Space Marine level, however.

You're just afraid that your faction tactics will get Ignores Cover.

I always imagine grav-fluxes sound like dubstep beats when they are fired

The converted PoC with flies coming from his back looks a lot better.

If anyone's got it can you upload it?

Nobody wants the Iron Warriors treatment.

What are you on about?

Second guy from the right