Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Grenade Guy edition. Death Guard are best at grenades so far.

Old Thread
>Forge World Metalica preview. Its shit. Mars still best cuz Cawl.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/forge-world-focus-metalica-sep13gw-homepage-post-4/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

bland as hillary.

Dark Angels are gay

Soon

I'm playing vs tau in a couple hours.

I'm not sure whether to use my new guard or my new thousand sons. I've had a few games with guard, but I've never seen tsons fielded, much less used them myself.

I'm doing 1000 pts, and I have ahriman, 2 rubric squads, and termies. Aside from shitting out smites, what else should I be doing?

Alternatively, I have guard, and I'm trying to make them steel legion, though at the moment, I got the army secondhand and they had them as cadians, so I just have a lot of footsoldiers...aside from shitting out conscripts, what should I try and focus on/field?

Yes. I thought I was out of luck when I started sawing Dark Imperium bodies but I managed to make an extra marine using the right leg and back from the Plaguecaster and the left leg from the champion. Best part is he uses pieces from seven different models.

*muffled choking*

>1 attack

>Used part from seven different models

This pleases Nurgle

Just played my new ork army (90 boys 2 Warbosses battlewaggon). How you do short cut close combat?
My opponent didn't really have an issue with me eye balling 3" consolations but how would you do that with a try hard? Is it just that many little movements?

Say what you want about Metallica tech-priests, but they know how to keep that pimp hand strong.

>near guaranteed 3 damage

Grenade stuff for DG:

Get 7 random memey Plague Marines within range of something you don't like. Then use the Grenade Bombardment stratagem and VotLW while being close to Grenade Guy.

You now do 7d6, S4, Ap-0, 2D attacks which reroll 1s to wound and gain +1 to wound. On top of this, every 5+ is a mortal wound in addition to any other damage.

Cooool.

Did the guard user with the steel legion army post a battle report this week? I haven't seen one.

>roll to hit
>roll to wound
>roll to save
>3 damage

I'm quaking.

Gee Bill two stratagems in the same phase?

Sure why not? If you wanna delete something big.

Blight Grenados are S3 you lier

>roll to hit (WS 3+ lol)
>roll to wound (probably a 5/6 on everything)
>55% chance to wound before any saves or FNP
>near guaranteed

They're improved by grenade guy, you illiterate

>S12 wounding on 5/6

Uhh, the fuck?

I'm a new player to the game and picked Orks and I have the same concern. I very often repeat "this cool with you?" While trying to speed things up and kinda shove boyz around.

Our shop has a lot of those crater scenery pieces and those are a nightmare to move boyz onto cus they won't stand up.

Honestly playing large amounts of models is a bit exhausting, I feel like I'd much prefer a smaller elite army.

I have an all day tournament this weekend out of town where I'll probably play no one I know and I'm kinda dreading it.

I managed to get seven parts on the champion too! Papa bless them!

All Grey Knights Brother-Captains have a special rule where they can double the range of any Smite that is casted with 6" of them. Brother-Captain Stern has a special AoE Smite that affects DAEMON units, however it is only 6" in range. But since he is a friendly GREY KNIGHTS unit within 6" of himself, shouldn't his Smite actually be 12"?

I mean, it wounds 5/6th of the time.

You'll hit 2/3rds of the time, and wound 5/6th of the time. That's 55% of the time.

Grenade Guy makes them s4. Other Grenade Guy makes one of them Grenade 2d6, I think.

They are S4 with the aura buff of the grenade guy, faggot.

He gives grenades thrown within 3" of him +1s, +1d and a MW on a 6+

Who is Grenade Guy?

>implying they can get that close
Relying on bumrush Melee tactics isn't good. The only units that are even good at it are zerkers and stealers.

>muh metal box
Hard counter: 2 onagers with neutron lasers.

5 out of 6, not 5+.
Illiterate

Other grenade guy is better described as stinky flamer guy. He just happens to also have an extra big grenade.

His flamer is really fun, plus he has a stink aura which causes your enemies which charged to alternate instead of going first within 7" of him.

Pop smoke on rhino and cast miasma of pestilence on it, for -2 to hit. Should make it quite tanky.

Considering getting a box of devastators just because I have enough torsos and legs to cover the entire box's weaponry contents.

Grenade guy is the guy in the OP.

Here are his stats summarized.

There aren't really any shortcuts if your opponent insists you do it by the book. It really comes down to practice so you're comfortable doing all the movement quickly. This is really important to get down if you plan to field a horde in tournament. What can help is using a fixed movement template like this one rather than a tape measure. Usually it's easier to use for these kind of repetitive movements and is clearer for your opponent. Lots of companies make them.

Yes.

Guilliman's aura that affects Ultramarines units counts for himself, so I'd say yes.

>Using at on a rhino
It's 200 points +transport for a 6" gimmick. Only good for the meme or if they're comming to you, pairs well with DG improved flamers to counter charges.

I think there are some of those at my LGS.
I might just play smaller Orks games. I already have both a Ultramarine and Guard army.

damn that's some nice art

fuck me the restriction is to the same stratagem
thanks user, then

The fuck is this?

Does it stack? If I have multiple putrifiers next to someone, do they get more 2+strength and 2+ damage?

Cause that would be neato.

Summary of a datasheet, don't be autistic.

A stylized summery b/c gw said no cammeras.

Nothing stacks with itself.

No.

Only nearly guarantee the Wound roll, and that's against T6 and under. Hitting on 3+ probably, only -3AP and possible invulns and FnPs will likely leave the net probability at below even. 3 damage is nice, though.

Duh. I mean is there a website full of these? I wouldn't mind seeing the points and wargear options for some units.

Harmony of rejection.

>dude mortal wounds lmao
Death Guard sound so unfun to fight against.

What are Deathshroud stats?
From my calculation they shoud be M3
6(standard)-1(termie)-1(cataphractii)-1(nurgle)=3
Are they W3? They shoud be W3 or W4.

Night Lords do.

Mortars, non-LoS fire support, and character killers.

With the nerf to cover tau have become flimsy. They don't have a lot of indirect weaponry without some manner of markerlights on the target, so your cheap mortar teams can do a lot of damage. The Wyvern has been nerfed but can still pull its weight.

Tau characters are almost ad powerful as guard officers, which means they should be a priority target. If you have any assassins, bring one, and if you have any ratlings, bring them and have them scamper in and out of LoS (they can move before and after shooting) while popping enemy officers.

Cut off the head and the body will die...to artillery.

They have quite a bit, but it's far less consistent than smite spam armies.

What's the best way of dealing with large hordes other than other hordes? Assuming GEQ/Boy defensive stats?

I believe the Nurgle Termies are all M4.

They're unreliable, expensive, and close range. Don't sweat it.

Not really, most of their mortal wounds are in the 7" radius around units or characters.

They are M4, W2, 2+, 4++, 5+++. I believe they have 3 attacks base, 4 with sergeant.

They give characters nearby +1 attack (except Mortarion). And they can 'take a hit' instead of a character on a 2+.

That's all we know really in terms of rules and stats.

What should I give my havocs? And are autocannons worth it with the price hike they got?

Are you saying multiple identical NL units cumulatively decrease the enemy's LD?

They're slow with limited range. They're super unfun to play as if your opponent is smart and shooty, but great fun to play as if your opponent is dumb and choppy.

I'm so giving that to some random Enginseer. Deepstrike Tau commanders toast my 'Crawler and he's going to surprise chokeslam a motherfucker.

You can just mitigate it by having a second melee weapon. Make ONE attack with the Adamantine Arm, and make the rest with s0mething like a Power Axe. Core rules of 8th edition are fun like that.

Lascannon meta.

Templates, of course.

Yes, up to -3.

Yes, actually, but its an explicit exception to the rule. It SAYS it stacks to 3.

Volume of shooting backed with re-rolls. Various Gatling guns of all sorts come to mind.

It's still not impressive desu, meme filled, but irrelevant.

Some "blast" weapons get extra attacks if there's a higher number of models in a unit iirc.

Like the grav flux bombard on the leviathan dread gets d3 attacks, but another d3 for every 5 models in the unit your targeting.

Lascannons, or Missile Launchers if your meta is really horde heavy.

Thanks

>missile launchers
Mixing equal parts lascannon and heavy bolter is almost always better.

True enough, but everyone I play with casts it solely on pox walkers for whatever reason.
Still, this is more of a counter for rhino rush in general, yeah poping smoke helps, but the average of two n-lasers is somewhere around 3-4 and all it takes to cripple the movement of a rhino is 4 damage. The minimum damage a n-laser can do is 3 and you still have another waiting to smash smash the metal box in.

In all honesty, how would you use it in combat? As in, what deathstar would you footslog with that Magos?

I wouldn't. It's a waste of points.

What would you say is an ideal list for these purposes?

Damn, that's sick. I like how it sounds.

FW transfer sheet size comparison for user.

It's about 3/4 in longer and 1/8 in thinner than a standard sheet of printer paper.

The term is "Metallica Pimp Slap."

What about high initiative melee attacks?

That depends on what you're playing against. Lascannons, heavy bolters and missile launchers are the best bet, pick and choose based on the rest of your army list and meta.

>points
Relics are free now.

But can't you only throw one grenade per squad?

You'll wipe infantry off the table and are resistant to small arms, but rubrics DIE a slow death in melee. The aspiring sorcerer is NOT a melee powerhouse of any kind. Also, tanks are a problem.

Soulreaper Cannon is 15 points now, not 20.

Field a unit of cultists and a Malefic Lord ( HQ, 30 points, renegades and heretics) so you'll have full batallion. Veterans of the Long War stratagem will let you wound most tanks on 4+, letting you use that inferno AP to actually blow up vehicles. Anti-vehicle options are otherwise limited to daemon engines and hellbrutes.

Hellbrutes in particular are great distraction carnifexes (scourge and heavy bolter)

Looted a Onager gantlet.

But it's a relic user, it doesn't cost any points.

Waste of a relic then. You only get one. Or two if they copy that stratagem. I'm sure there are at least 2 better relics in the generic selection.

Grenade Bombardment statagem allows every model in a unit to fire it.

This sucks, Imperial Cataphractii Terimes are M4
Also in 30k they use Tartaros and are W2(normal termies are W1).

DG have a strat to let the whole squad chuck em in one round.

>1/8 in thinner than a standard sheet of printer paper.
It goes into negative thickness?

So I am new to wh and looking at armies and detachments. Can I mix and match ANYTHING in an army as long as they are in different detachments?

/40kg/
What year did you get into Warhammer, and what was your first army?

I'll go first:
2008-09. Orks. There's something about them that still appeals to me, but I ended up dropping them for Necrons because I discovered very quickly that I preferred tougher armies. Now, I sort of miss those days, and wish I had a shooty Blood Axes army.

Personally I think 30k Deathshroud look like ass. Grave Wardens look much better.

2016, my first army was Dark Eldar. I still play them, but recently(read: 2 weeks ago) I started on Steel Legion and Thousand Sons armies.

Which is to say I'm glad they changed the armor.

user ment width, he is fool, as are you.

2014, CSM.

Daemonettes will still hit you first.

>Thinks there are better relics than a adamantium pimp hand

Look at mister no fun over here.