Find a flaw

Tau

The flaw is in the writers.

For a little while, there was a race that wasn't complete cunts, so that got fixed by adding in lore that said the Tau emasculate, mutilate or otherwise oppress any client races rather than being the friendly inclusive bunch that they previously were.

muh good and pure race

Tau shouldn't have super heavy units. It doesn't suit them at all.

Lacks end affectors prevent9ng it from acting as combat engineering vehicle in challenging terrain

Filthy xenos

>isn't real

This and doesn't belong in /k/

>robot legs

where's the dick

i thought they only do that if the population in question are being beligerent

Its not a tank
Why the fuck does Tau have so many giant walkers? They said that shit was dumb

It's never really made clear, and as far as I know has been intentionally vague. Basically rumors of sterilization of non-tau populations, but no evidence to indicate widespread practice. Make of that what you will.

The Ethereals have always been a bit suspect, the source of their influence over the other castes is never stated, could be pheromones, it could even be psychic. What you ought to take away from them though, is can you trust a race whose leaders mind control their own people? If they do that to Tau, what are they going to do to you?

There were always hints that maybe humans in their empire weren't quite on the level of Tau, despite their rhetoric. Maybe dissidents disappear, maybe you don't have any freedom of choice in what you do, but you're still treated pretty well so you go along with it because you like it. Or maybe there's just something in the water that makes you think that.

Pretty much still "sparks of hope in a dying galaxy", but with sinister undertones.

People keep saying this but in the end second-class citizenship will always be preferable to extinction. One provides an opportunity while the other doesn't.

They totally copied Abaddon's design! You can totally tell just fucking went, "what if we had Abaddon, as a giant mech, but with a shoulder cannon?" and now it's canon with a shouldercannon.

>They totally copied Abaddon's design!
I kek'd.

Seriously though, the lack of proper arms or anything close-combat related is a pretty huge flaw. All it'd take would be a mob of Killa Kans in close range and that thing would be very, very dead.

It's very top heavy, and its stabilizers do not help with this. They are attached to the calves, while the pushback created by being shot at by artillery, or even firing its own giant gun still makes it shake, or could even topple it if the force is strong enough or the ground unstable enough.

It is biped, which means that it will be shaking a lot while walking. Unlike, let's say, a Tau Broadside, the weapons of the stormsurge are directly placed onto the body with a swivel joint rather than a ball joint, which makes compensation for the shaking next to impossible.

It's huge and heavy, but the surface area of the toes it stands on is proportionately small.
Thus, it would sink into soft ground, or break brittle surfaces.
Furthermore, its legs are bent and it stands on its toes like a bird. This is an effective stance until you get to the weight of about 50 kilogramms (so, lighter than a Pathfinder), after that, the joints are subjected to a lot of stress. The Stormsurge woould need it legs replaced constantly simply due to the stress STANDING puts on them, not to speak of walking.

It is open topped. The stupidity of this should be obvious. A single well-placed shot by an aircraft or a sniper could kill the pilots and disable this huge machine.

Its camera heads are mounted on top of its huge body, which makes it impossible for the pilot to make out what is going on in the immediate viscinity of the machine, which makes navigating dangerous terrain unnecessarily risky. This makes fighting off attacking infantry more difficult too.

More to that point, it does not have any efficient anti-infantry defenses, but this isn't that big of a problem. An expensive unit like the stormsurge should always be surrounded by smaller units to defend it against specialized tank-killers.
Not doing this would be stupidity on the commander's side, and not a direct flaw of the stormsurge.

Cont.

>They totally copied Abaddon's design!
Nice.

They don't fit 40k's aesthetic or lore at all. My headcanon doesnt even acknowledge their existence.

That's lame. I preferred it when it was a thing that happened as opposed to the official policy.

Part 2:
I already talked about the legs, but the fact that Tau have ready access to efficient hover technology really makes giving this thing legs redundant. navigating rough terrain and then anchoring into the ground with at least four stabilizers sounds like a much more efficient way of getting this purely ranged unit into action.

I honestly think this thing should just be a bigger version of the Hammerhead with more detail and weapons systems, but after a while, Tau stopped getting any models but giant robots.
This is why I never really got into Tau. I bought a Hammerhead because it's a sleek, futuristic model even though 40k shies away from sleek, futuristic looks (Eldar are more bio-mechanic looking), and found myself disappointed that almost all of the Tau range is "Crisis suit + gimmik and bigger"

Are Fire Warriors better or are they still only there because you can't have a list of all Crisis Suits?

Yeah, I think they are mis-interpreting sales numbers.

Crisis Suits were really strong so people bought them over all the vehicles.

So they just kept pumping out more Crisis Suits.

Open topped

Fire warriors are a better choice than crisis suits art the moment, because crisis suits are in all respects inferior to commanders.

what does it do if it falls over

Think of it as a problem to solve via conversions

Well I guess that's okay.

This question could be asked for all non-eldar mechs. Though I guess smaller ones like a crisis suit or a dreadnought could at least be heaved up by ropes and some nearby vehicle.

IT'Z GOT LOTZA DAKKA, I'LL GIVE IT DAT, BUT IT'Z MISSIN' CHOPPY BITZ, AN' ANYFING SHARP T' 'URT ANYBODY WIFF. IT'Z A BAD NAUGHT, CUZ IT CAN'T HIT!

Should be a tank. So the legs.

Whatever it is the Etherials do, it's not Psychic. The Imperials checked.

If it ain't got choppy it ain't got nuffin

Xenos-tech and not even good Xenos tech.

Can run out of ammo quickly, if it used a sword it wouldn't have that problem.

Open topped

A friend helps it up

Open topped cockpit.

omg I want to see this. One of these top-heavy motherfuckers getting pushed right side up by another one.

It should literally be the Tau Baneblade.

Well it has loadz a guns and is more meme than serious

It reminds me of the Urban mech from battle tech

Wait, this thread was on /k/

It probably got moved.

>Doesn't want to feel the air rushing over his face slit

>A mod actually took the time to move it to the right board instead of DELETE

> no skulls
> no eagles/aquilas
> no purity seals
> no gold
> no honest gunpowder weapons

It'd be easier to ask what is right, and the top of that list is that it has been stepped on by a reaver titan

see

>no skulls
>no eagles/aquilas
>no purity seals
>no gold
>no honest gunpower weapons

Did the tau steal the schematics from the Deredero?

Now that you mention it, it does look like someone took an Urbanmech and stuck the gun from a Hollander on its right shoulder.

But it has been made clear. The incident you're referring to was one in which the humans on a tau owned world were getting uppity and rebellious. In response the tau sterilized them. The tau are an idealistic society held up by secret police and possible mind control. The ethereal restrict the knowledge of their populace about some subjects, such as Chaos, as shown in the history of the Farsight Enclaves.

Creepy clown face on its chest.

cant see it

It's clearer in the thumbnail, or maybe I just have brain damage.

There's a skull on the shoulder mount you blind git.

I like to imagine a human planet occupied liberated by the T'au to be like a more gentle version of the Combine from Half life.
They come to your planet (and if peace talks go south) quickly takes out key areas and force the planet to submit to the Tau Empire. Then they slowly start to integrate the population with propaganda, cleaner/better tech, etc. All while taking their reasources for the greater good of the Empire. I bet they even put puppet govenors in place, again, much like Dr.Breen in Half Life.

Man that is ugly

>no honest gunpowder weapons
>posts the version festooned with autocannon
yer a roit git, you is

Didn't the Combine also have some sort of sterilization thing?

Their lack of a warp drive. It's a really fucking stupid stipulation that makes all of their lore seem so inconsequential to the setting as a whole.

Nice Deimos from battletech.