/fowg/ - Force of Will General

Wander in Peace, 0-Drops Edition

>Playing? Brewing? Hating?
>Miss anything from Alice Cluster?
>Glad anything is gone thanks to the rotation?
>Like any of the new mechanics in Reiya Cluster?

I'm glad the price on Alhama'at dropped. Mine is arriving tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

db.fowtcg.us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is the demon sword leavin roatation? New dark elves look sick

All regalia are rotating out with Alice Cluster. I personally am liking the look of Pandas and of Golems.

I am making a mermaid deck because I got mostly shit in the box I got; I was aiming for green elves or red/black dark elves...

THE BOOK
READ NIGGA READ

So if a resonator brought in by it's judgment is destroyed it would go to the grave right and not just leave game?
Now that I type it out it seems obvious.

Building this thing wind water and darkness.
Any ideas on how to make it throw down?

I just started playing last week and I read some guides online, but can I get some fa/tg/uy suggestions in deckbuilding/collecting?
Should I go for the starter decks, buy a box, or buy singles online?

I run it also, with just Dark Magic Stones (get the most consistency out of Abdul's Resonance). Keep 1x each of the Will of Despair Resonators that you want to be able to toolbox in your sideboard. If you like Gill Lapis' WoD form, run a toolbox of 1-drop chants for him to search (Scorn of Dark Alice and The Final Battle are both great targets, as is Heterocline Excalibur)

db.fowtcg.us/
Find a ruler you like. Most people will be playing in New Frontiers format, so look for rulers legal in it. Once you've found one, mention it here, and I'll tell you the best way to get the cards for it.

Thanks mate!
I sort of like Frayla; some folks around here are also planning some games using only the latest block, so there's that

For Frayla, it'd probably be best to pick up singles. Buying a box, while always a gamble, is a good way to get a collection started. None of the starter decks directly synergize with Frayla.

Solid advice. Heterocline Excalibur would be great but it's price is just a touch too high.
The idea of tool box sideboarding is great though.

What are the legal formats right now?

Great, thank you!

>not posting the butt version
What a fag

New Frontiers format
>Lapis Cluster and Reiya Cluster

format
> Cluster

Wanderer format
>Everything but Valhalla Cluster

Origins format
>Everything, ignoring Lifebreak and [Break] effects

Building Alhama'at Control, Yggdrasil Malefic Midrange, and Book of Dark Toolbox. Currently only have Wanderer-legal decks - Rezzard 1.0 Discard and Liberator of Wind Reanimator.

Most annoying deck I've faced lately is a Book of Light deck that tries to turbo out multiple copies of Millium, Successor of the Future, then holds up Wind stones for counterspells against boardwipes.

I'm going to miss Alisaris and the Vell-Savaria related cards, and I'm a bit disappointed I never got the chance to actually build around him. But, I'm glad Regalia are gone. Regalia should've never existed.

THICC

Damn, I should have started playing earlier

My Gill Alhama'at arrived! Should I focus on disruption with Ancient Magics and dark staple chants, or try to turbo out his third side and win by drawing into crazy burn spells?

So is running mystery counters good? I wanted to pick up a past of dark riding hoods to go with Reiya, as I love all of her awakening spells.

Mystery Counters are a great control deck.

Sweet. I will see if I can get a playeset of the relevant cards then. I might branch into water so I can run water dragons to let me keep resting Reiya, and maybe even bear magic.

That sounds like a good idea.

She looks sad to cover her ass.

I hope to some day pony up and grab skirtless Zero AND "Misprint" Cheshire Cat. The art does something to me to the point where I actually like collecting the cards.

Where would I find out what is "meta" right now online?

Also, I am pleasantly surprised to see that the promo playmats that they make are somehow often cheaper than the general ultra pro ones on ebay.

I am looking forward to seeing what Shaela's unsealed abilities will look like. I am betting that Thunderstorm is going to be one of them.

When did they said they would unseal the abilities?

j-ruler.net posts major tournament results. At the end of last format, the tiers were something like:

>Tier 1: Alhama'at, Pricia, Nine-Tailed Fox
>Tier 2: Yggdrasil Malefic (Evil Tree), Charlotte
>Tier 3: Fiethsing

Thanks for the heads up. I will need to see how any of the new rulers fair.

On that note, with Ancient Nights out what is the consensus on running pandas? Did they get the cards that they needed.

My thoughts on each of the new playstyles in Reiya cluster:

>Pandas/Gems
Interesting. Haven't seen them in play, but they look fun. Wouldn't take much support to push them over the edge.

>Golem
Definitely something to keep your eye on. Anything that can easily drop a 2000/2000 with built-in spot removal consistently will be dangerous.

>Rain
Need a lot more support before they do anything noteworthy. Spinning Aquasol and Keez's Call are nice generic cards, though.

>Mystery
Best new control theme. Many of the chants are solid in their own right, but the awakening abilities, combined with Reiya's J-Ruler rest ability, are an amazing advantage/removal engine. Definitely a major contender.

>Dark Elf
The concept of symmetrical burn is interesting, and Frayla (along with her Left and Right Hands), provide an amazing engine for maintaining an aggressive board presence against most decks.

>Elf
Faerur is nowhere near as ridiculous as Fiethsing, although Barrier is always nice. The new Elf resonators will likely work much better in a Fiethsing list, or even a Guardian of Wind Magic Stones list.

>Spirit Magic
Not great, not terrible. I'd put it above Mermaids, but below everything else. We need more good Elementals before it's really noteworthy.

>Strength
Amazing midrange deck. Strength Counters are stupidly easy to regenerate, have a stupidly powerful ruler, and lots of solid chants to take advantage of it, in a color with hard hitting and fast resonators.

I kind of like rain/mermaids as having bounces on a body is nice, but you are certainly right that it needs to do more compared to Strength and Mystery counters. I wonder what Thunderstorm and the subsequent set will offer, if anything.

I just hope for another decent "counts as Darkness Magic Stone and Light Magic Stone". Also, more interesting darkness/light themes.

What was the Alice Cluster ban list?

I'm also looking to make a Reiya deck, but I'm brand new to the game and as such my understanding of the game and the meta is pretty limited. Aside from obviously good cards like Bloodspray and Dark Riding Hood and Lethal Arrow and such, what other sorts of things should I be looking for in cards for a monoblack mystery deck? Especially for resonators.

Abdul Alhazared from Vin3 is pretty much standard for all black decks. Shade from the same deck is also useful. Rezzard from ENW is a good addition as well. Most of the good wincons are dual colour though.

pedophiles.

>wanting a fat girl
What a fag

Unfortunately my LGS stopped having weeklies of FoW around a year ago so I have nowhere to play it with others anymore. Are they still making generic Rulers that are splashable in every top deck?

What wincons would you recommend then? I am thinking that branching into water would be a good idea.

>wanting to fuck skeletons
Literally kys yourself

Got 2 Faerurs and a Pandora from my boxes. Heard Faerur a really common pull, which sucks. Not sure how I feel about 1 ruler per box.

Planning on making a golem deck because they look really terrible currently with mobilize and not having barrier. Let's see how I can make it fun.
Hopefully they add a lot more good support for golems in the future.

Where would I look if I wanted to keep up with the FoW fluff? The cards have lots of references to events, but I have no idea what they are.

I feel like I have seen this guy somewhere else.

Artorias?