media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Eladrin-Gith.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous thread:
Have you ever used any Planeshift material in your game?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iglMj
media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/DnD_Conversions_1.0.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how is there still no ToA online zzzzzz

>Have you ever used any Planeshift material in your game?

I'm making a 5e campaign for MTG, so yeah, a lot. Especially since there wasn't a Planeswalker's Guide to Amonkhet.

How about you go buy it on DDB, save each page, zip it up, and upload it?

Why the fuck are you this impatient.

Not really.
I've never felt need to advertise for WotC's personal money maker when it can manage doing so by itself easily enough.

How are you doing this exactly? Just saying the characters are planeswalkers and going nuts with planeshopping, or just stealing a setting from MTG?

wizards are nerds

why would i be impatient about downloading it if i was willing to spend to money on it in the first place?

There's really nothing in it for players, just like most of the adventure books.
A few mediocre magic items, that's about it.

I'm a DM tho

You're a cheapskate is what you are.

It's here.

Mine's pretty fucking radical. I'm using the spell points system to represent mana costs. Every character is a planeswalker, and planeswalking is a 1st-level spell with a long cast time and some special rules in its casting.

Much more radical is that I abolished spell lists. Each character begins with a single color identity (some races are slotted into different ones they can choose from). Your spell list is all the spells available to that color. Some spells change colors or even can't be used depending on plane. Any caster that learns spells (such as a sorcerer or wizard) can keep these off-color versions, while spellcasters with the whole list available to prepare from (clerics, paladins) can only use the ones available on that world.

I've been slowly fleshing out setting details for each plane and statting some monsters for them.

Absolutely based.

Sounds pretty cool, I'd love to see it posted when it's all done.

If you keep asking you WILL keep getting trolled son, so just be patient like the rest of us and wait until some user nails it to the opening post.

I'm not that guy, but I did click on the .pdf and found it amusing.

ToA leak album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

Carry on then.

Despite Pathfinder being a piece of shit, they do make good flavor and good adventures, I was thinking of cribbing some ideas from Serpent's Skull, their jungle exploration AP or would that be too much work?

Human's +1 to everything is kind of lame, right? You only actually get an ability modifier bonus on your 13 and your 15 stat.

media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/DnD_Conversions_1.0.pdf

>126 KB
Yeah, that seems legit. Come on, guys, even we are not dumb enough to fall for that.

Most people open without checking file size. Still, you have a point. There's been so trickery lately that people are probably getting wise.

One of my party members is playing an Aven monk. Seems pretty decent, not as ridiculous with the flight speed as 50 foot meme birds

I just want you to know that I love you

What alignment would a Raven Queen Warlock have if he was extremely loyal to her, and follows her believes and values without exception? Lawful good or lawful neutral?

Really? I'm not that guy, but I've not once fallen for that shit.
There's always cues; filesize, the thumbnail looking wonky, a weird filename...

Besides, guys, it kind of gets unfunny if the same joke gets used every single thread. Save a different one for each day of the week, or something. Like ''Naruto d20 Thursdays''.

Default humans are probably the worst race in 5e, including all supplemental materials. On the other hand, the variant is probably one of the best races in the game, and has potential to be busted because it opens up certain options that can be used. The designers kind of phoned human in, which I think is a huge blunder considering it should be the baseline race that all others are compared to, balance-wise.

A reminder we should have Mystic take 4 before or in early winter this year.

this will never not be funny :D

Lawful neutral.

“Him of Many Faces.”
“And many names,” the kindly man had said. “In Qohor he is the Black Goat, in Yi Ti the Lion of Night, in Westeros the Stranger. All men must bow to him in the end, no matter if they worship the Seven or the Lord of Light, the Moon Mother or the Drowned God or the Great Shepherd. All mankind belongs to him… else somewhere in the world would be a folk who lived forever. Do you know of any folk who live forever?”
“No,” she would answer. “All men must die.”

Best way to find a new DM?

Seconding this

What do you guys want to see changed besides corrections of course?

For me its improving the Immortal (fuck that unarmored defense is shit), simply by giving it martial weapon and shield proficiencies. Then you can either give them armor prof or better yet give one of the immortal disciplines a mage armor like Mastery of Force does.
Psi Blade should just be reworked to make better use of the disciplines, the class needs its bonus action for way too much.
And lastly remove or rework Nomadic Mind.

irl, or online?

Be the change you want to see.

What cool shit can I do playing a melee Valor Bard?

IRL

total revamp. it shouldnt take a 28 page document to explain the mystic. it needs to be radically streamlined. also its power in v3 is all over the place, some builds literally break the game, some builds are inherently weaker even at higher levels than a 1st level fighter. speaking of which, the mystic is far too versatile. its shtick should be psionics, not being a better utility monkey than the rogue and bard put together.

as says, be the DM yourself. Or talk one of your gaming friends into it, and then give them your full support as they get their legs under them.

Ok thank you.

I've thought about making one, who is very loyal to her. But he wants to become a Wereraven to be of even better use to her, but that would turn him lawful good. Any ideas how to handle that?

Rework nomadic mind, make the immortal less MAD and reduce the number of disciplines the class gets access to as they level.

>the mystic is far too versatile
I disagree on that one. The mystics shtick was always being the most versatile class in the game. It should be the jack of all trades, master of none class. Its biggest pro should be versatility and flexibility, with its biggest con that it isn't as good in one thing than other classes who focus on these things.

Literally mercy killing people because the cosmos is better off with them in the afterlife.

>Playing a trickery cleric
>Do shit for damage
>Have lots of defensive and fun spells though
Should I just run around with sanctuary on myself and use the help action to give my allies advantage instead?

I am useful as fuck out of combat but in combat I feel like I cant really do shit.

Not him, and I think the versatility is a decent way to take Mystic, if that's the plan. The problem was that it wasn't limited in its versatility. It could be really good at a lot of things, and sometimes better at those things than classes dedicated to that specific role. I think the biggest example is how Immortal is tougher than Barbarians, Paladins, Fighters, and Rangers. Immortal is supposed to be the durable archetype for Mystic, but it definitely shouldn't make it tougher than the classes that are specifically designed to be able to take hits, especially not when the Mystic still has their incredible versatility.

Making a warlock gish with the old one as my patron.
Taking the flail invocation from wizards and warlocks ua. Getting moderate armored, then heavily armored with my first two feats.
16 str
13 dex
15 con
11 int
15 wisdom
20 cha

What do you guys think?

I've used the vampire race as a template for a player version. The MM version for a player vampire is cool but too unbalanced for the most part, so I prefer to have them start out as the racial version with a view to later perks taking them to MM level.

How do other DMs handle player travel? Up to now I've only been doing "sure you can travel over there, it takes you, uh, 3 hours, bringing you up to lunchtime".

They're on an island and have to nip backwards and forwards a lot so there's been a lot of dramatic compression in terms of how long it takes to travel around. It used to be 1-2 days to get anywhere, now it's a few hours, otherwise it slows the plot down.

I kinda like it how it is because it lets me make Str/Int beefcake characters who can also use a bonus action to be proficient in any skill.

Seriously though, I think what would be neat is a split between melee mystic, the immortal/avatar/psyblade type, and ranged mystic, the nomad/wu jen type. I would like for the second type to retain a lot of the skill proficiencies and loads of versatility, and just want the former to retain all the fun stuff like Brute Force, Giant Growth and Bestial Form and stuff for slapping things around in melee in a fun way.

Thanks bro.

but thats already been covered by the bard in 5e, and to a lesser existence the rogue. so there's no design space left for THAT version of a mystic

really the best thing to do with psionics is go the EK/AT route. Instead of there being one psion class, just give the fighter, the rogue, the wizard, etc. a psionic subclass.

Indeed. Some mystic options are just too strong, rebalancing them would make the class a lot more sensible.
What do you think of the on the go skill and language switching? I never understood why people bitch about it as rogues and bards will always be better at their selected skills thanks to expertise and there are other ways to communicate than speaking the same language.
Being versatile and picking up the slack on the skill department by temporarily adding prof to a skill is not that overpowered.
And while some/most of the disciplines need to be at least reworded I don't think there's anything world ending shit in there unlike on the wizard spell list but they always cry when someone even tries to catch up to them.

Guys?

why take those 2 feat

I wanna be front line, and i don't wanna multiclass

>Moderately armored AND Heavily armored

Mate you need AGL and CON for AC, INT for your disciplines and STR for your weapon. It's MAD as fuck

I think there is a difference between skill versatility like Bard/Rogue and general versatility like the Wizard has.
I agree with most people that some options are too weak or too strong, and that is what they should focus on fixing the most.
But the class should be able to fill any role the party needs at the moment, while not being as stealthy for example as the rogue, or as durable as the Babarian. They should have access to divination like abilities, while not as good as a Cleric or Wizard in that regard etc.

exactly
at this point I don't know why you want to play a lock?

Something no one has mentioned yet is how the mystic gets, for free, something the sorcerer has spend very limited class resources for. The ability to use psionics/cast spells without any sort of warning sign or ability to counter(spell) them.

Thats a HUGE deal.

They really should change it to be more like the Monk's unarmored defense and let it be Con+Int rather than Dex+Con.

If one of your parents were to stipulate in their will that a set of dice be crafted out of their bones after they die and given to you, would you be comfortable using them, or would it be too weird?

Anyone?

That'd be the sickest fucking set of dice to play with
I'd make a necromancer instantly for double shits and giggles

Yeah, I let a mystic into my campaign. He spends a lot of his time just killing people without anyone knowing.

I wouldn't allow another Mystic. I let Veeky Forums persuade me that it just needed to remove Nomadic Mind to be balanced and that was fucking dumb.

Mystics are seriously overpowered in so many aspects it's obscene.

>Summon Shadows constantly, creatures that can use Strength Drain to ruin enemies and are resistant to most damage - available from low levels
>Darkness without concentration in massive areas
>An ability with no save where they can deal shit-tonnes of damage
>Summon all sorts of wall
>All sorts of options for different abilities covering every caster ability for usually a lower cost
>No components for any of these and no drawbacks for that

Can someone with ToA tell me if there's anything about going around the island by boat?

Which wizard school is the most fun? Cant decide between illusionist and diviner myself.

Mystic exists so that "muh caster" could be a thing in 5e.

There's nothing stopping players from doing it, and navigation is probably the same as lake/river travel; DC 10 for navigation, move 2 hexes a day at normal speed. Unless you mean something else?

How's the order of the soul knife?

Stuff like how to handle the pirates, reasonable boat speeds, the level of danger from monster attacks near the bays

All of them are fairly broken. He didn't take that one, so I can't comment on it specifically - but it's the core parts of the Mystic that are broken, not the subclasses.

It's pretty shit. It doesn't do any more damage than any other d8 class (or even equivalent damage in most cases) while getting fewer disciplines than other mystics. It also focuses on TWF without the fighting style. It only gets crazy at level 14 when it starts making single attacks against AC 10 every round, that way you can blow all your psi points on big 100%-sure hits.

Literally for the RP

Pirates, only three ships, at any point, one is docked in Jahaka Anchorage, one is a mile out to defend, one is out around Chult stealing from ships. Gives details about the ships and their crews, each crew has 15+ people. Nothing about boat speeds that I see. Each area does say what kind of creatures you're more likely to encounter, like Refuge Bay has sharks, plesiosaurs, and sea hags.

What's a good name for a ship to give to the PCs?

The Beached Whale.

Spelljammer

"If It Doesn't Come When You Call It, Why Name It?"

Unsinkable II

Chekhov's Ship

>magic initate for booming blade
>use spiritual weapon and spirit guardians

You now deal good damage.

I did a bladelock gish, with the UA stuff it can be pretty good, BUT i traded up invocations through levels AND I had a lot of racial utility. I did a level of fighter (1st level) to get a bunch of stuff to keep me alive in combat. you may want warcaster, especially if you are gonna use concentration for buffs or extra damage. I did my build without warcaster and it still works.

>be eldritch knight with 1 lvl dip in war cleric
>Attack someone with three attacks
>hit at least one
>they have disadvantage on the next saving throw from a spell because of eldritch srtike
>cast shield on top of my plate armor and shield when they attack back on their turn
>cast hold person on my next turn and hit them with an attack as a bonus action because war cleric
>it has advantage and auto crits because they are paralyzed
>they now have disadvantage on the save to break out of hold person next turn
>I hit them with 3 attacks at advantage that auto crit + another because war cleric
>action surge
>arcane charge behind them
>whisper "nothin personel kidd"
>three more attacks that auto crit
why aren't you playing an EK?

Anyone know if someone scanned the handouts for TOA?

I want the extra smite dmg so i am playing palladin2 sorc X

I want to, but no game :'

Because out of combat I'd just have to play a spellsword, which does not interest me.

That's about the size of some of the GURPS books. They're the original PDFs, though, not scans.

Where are people getting their copy of the Tomb of annihilation if the street date is the 19th?

For a fighter, battlemaster or ek? Please justify

Game shop let me buy it earlier. Told the dude our group didn't know what to play.

>The Tomb of Annihilation will be available at your FLGS on September 8, and will be released globally on September 19th.

FUCK

>they now have disadvantage on the save to break out of hold person next turn
It doesn't work that way, does it?

Best not to tell everyone you're a wizard.