>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Great_Epochs
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mortal_Realms
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lexicanum:Age_of_Sigmar
exprofundis.com/dark-age-sigmar-sons-alluminarchate/
hagenpinxit.blogspot.com.es/2017/01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Been thinking about making SC host that is mostly taken all from the same battlefield- sort of huge, fantasy-Stalingrad siege during the age of chaos. Focus on infantry and city-fighting mostly, with liberators and crossbow-armed judicators in support. I'm thinking if adding a dracoth unit won't break the theme too much?

I've seen some people in other generals complain that AOS's setting is still impenetrable to them. Is it worth us trying to create a general 'primer' for the lore that's better than GW's and the mess of information on 1d4chan - brief history from the end of the Warhammer World until 'now', breakdowns on the Realms, how they work and what we know about society in each one, some lore on each Grand Alliance's general goals and what the factions within are up to (with a list of sources to read more) etc? Or should we just wait for the RPG and hope it does it better than GW did at actually telling people what's going on?

I think dracoths would be fine. Enemies would be more compact, making their lightning much more devastating, and could even be used to blast down buildings should the need arise. I could see units of 2-4 being very effective at pushing through choke points.

We could yeah, the RPG in the pastebin has a good description, and C7 said they want to make the setting accessible by grounding it and such, so anything helps really.

Ive been trying to do something like that with some lexicanum pages. But i have very limited resources.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Great_Epochs
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mortal_Realms
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lexicanum:Age_of_Sigmar

I like that the AoS setting is so vast, it leaves so much room for you to create your very own regions, or could be just a small warband, a city, a kingdom, a giant empire, etc. my point is that it all works, that is what I think we should focus on explaining to those new to AoS; make your own maps, history, and culture, but keep AoS as a framework

I want a few Lords riding Skullcrushers in my Khorne army, would Varanguard look silly taken off their usual mounts and placed on Juggernauts?

Theyre almost the same size, I believe they'll look good enough

On the one hand, this does give a lot of scope for your own fluff. On the other though, and maybe this is a result of AoS still being quite new as a setting, it feels like there's very little background to put your fluff into.

For example, right now I'm thinking up the fluff for my new Seraphon army, which will be more foray into AoS (been playing 40K for 10 years). I like the idea of them being a force that was summoned into the Realm of Fire ages ago, but the Slaan commanding them was slain, leaving the force still fighting in the Realm, but without a leader.

I wanted to have them living in a great steaming jungle, since I figured that the Realm of Fire isn't just endless burning deserts but rather has a mix of hot environments, incluing jungles. I thought of them developing their own culture, with the great lizards they ride being seen as avatars of the gods, and worshipped by providing sacrifices. Nearby settlements know it is death to enter the depths of the jungle, but they also know that should any force of Chaos appear in the area, the denizens of the jungle will come forth. So they have a somewhat uneasy relationship with their protectors.

Now all that aside, when I went looking for information on the Realm of Fire, I could find nothing. A vague mention here and there. The realm is big enough to contain my donut steel and everyone elses AND some fleshing out by GW. As it is I have no idea if there are jungles there; but I can't find that there isn't

That makes sense, I just want an excuse to have some of the bigger things in the list to break the monotony of just ranks of shiny boys. Speaking of, boobplate upgrade kit when ffs.

Of you there's jungles there, then there can be a jungle there. Another explanation too can be that there are maybe a dussin or so realmgates the leads to and from the realm of life, and thus vegetation and water has been leaking out into the realm of fire?

They're slowly fleshing it out with novels and new releases, but the realms are big enough that if GW doesn't want to release exact maps, they can only really flesh out small bits of each realm at a time.

Death players; are Hexwraiths worth running at 1000 points? I have a grand alliance army so I don't really have anything to synergize with them, but I need something that can get to rear objectives, and since they have flying I figured they'd be a good choice

>Is it worth us trying to create a general 'primer' for the lore that's better than GW's and the mess of information on 1d4chan - brief history from the end of the Warhammer World until 'now', breakdowns on the Realms

Yes. I think the community could leave out specific info on specific realms, that is easier to find than general over view stuff, much less how it was all formed/founded after End Times.

There are jungles in Tephra crater in aqshy. It was shown to reclaim a city pretty fast and was something like sulphur based plantlife. It appeared in the Black Rift of Klaxus series.

Kharadron overlords had small bit of chamon that could be pierced together into something semi coherent.

I run 10 at 1k points in two groups of 5, one group to run up each flank. That's Nighthaunt allegiance though.

>Re release of Mordheim soonish
>It won't be set in Mordheim or Fantasy in general
>It'll just be some Age of Shitemar setting
>mfw

Isn't that what Shadespire is supposed be? The new Mordheim?

Shareholder meeting fa/tg/uy

So, I'm the guy theorizing the SCE marble colour scheme, and I though about making the Dracoth purple and dark purple

I did this shitty edit on Gimp just to see the idea, and I'd say is pretty okay
What do you think?

I bet it will be branded Myrdhiim or some other shitty donut steel name.

Those colours don't compliment eachother too well, so you'll need to be very skilled to make it work. Would be cool if done well though.

Yeah I know, it will be harsh

I won't actually paint Dracoth until I'm quite experienced with the colour scheme, but I'm pretty hyped with it, so I'll really practise the marble effect

The purple looks awful tßh, I'd use a very light turqoise. Also do you know that someone already did marble SCE?
>exprofundis.com/dark-age-sigmar-sons-alluminarchate/
I'm not exactly a fan of the gold details here, but it works.

Good. No go back to your shitty fantasy general. Fantasyfags cucked again

Purple compliments white, but if it's primarily white with purple details, not the other way round. As stupid as it sounds, I'd look to MLP designs for color-coding fantasy mounts, their designs have to look good to sell toys.

Purple is cool, but the one in your picture is way too bright. Make it darker, less saturated, or both. Like a blueish grayish purple. Not Barney.

>Also do you know that someone already did marble SCE?

I do, and I preffer a lot more this guy than exprofundi's since he at least did the veined marble's so recognizable

Here's the sauce. hagenpinxit.blogspot.com.es/2017/01/
Looks like he only painted this one, sadly

>The purple looks awful tßh

I'll try another tone of purple, but the turqoise might also look really good, yeah

Re-ask a question from last thread

What are some obscure armies worth getting for smaller games like skirmish or 500-1000 pts?
I was thinking about Devoted of Sigmar because they are posterboys of special snowflake syndrom but GW skipped all DoS units in skirmish. I understand that they dropped the non-plastic models but why the fuck there are no Flagellants in skirmish?
Anyway, is it possible to build an army around pic related or should I do it another way? Or maybe should I drop the DoS for good and try something else?

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
War Altar Of Sigmar (250)
- General
Witch Hunter (60)
- Pistols & Blessed Rapier
Warrior Priest (80)
- Sigmarite Warhammers
Warrior Priest (80)
- Sigmarite Warhammer & Shield

Battleline
20 x Flagellants (160)
- Devoted of Sigmar Battleline
20 x Flagellants (160)
- Devoted of Sigmar Battleline

Battalions
Pilgrimage of Wrath (160)

Yeah, that purple is probably too goofy, I'll try later with a darker one, like that of the scales

I have to go now, though
I'll read the new replies later

what do you think will be the next starter boxes? I hope wanderers.

someone answer plox k thx

Kharadron, if anything.

Old shit like Wanderers is absolutely not going to get a SC! box, sorry.

That's how I see it.
Every realm has at least some traces of the other realms in it. And the closer you get to a certain realmgate, the more traces of a certain kind of magic you find.
I like to imagine groups of explorer looking for hints to hidden realmgates by scouting the lands for anomalies.
Like they find a single blooming flower in Aqushy and patrol the area till they find another, then another until there is a flowery road that leads into a cave where a realmgate hidden.

No not really. Mordheim was a skirmish RPG. Shadespire has been pitched as a competitive boardgame, more akin to X-Wing. You have hexgrid board, a deck of cards, specials dice, etc.

Storywise, it does share some beats with Mordheim since you havee a ruined city filled with a magical currency everyone wants. It might be possible that the game contains RPG elements to link your games, but that hasn't been the pitch so far.

Just compare the previews of Shadespire to the previews of the new Necromunda and you'll immediatly see the difference (old Necromunda and Mordheim were direct counterparts)

I thought that model was painted by the guy from exprofundis. I think the main problem with the Draco is that he looks a lot like a he man toy and anything flashy or with a strong tone (if that makes any sense) will further this impression. Have you thought about using a different mount? Like a bear from scibor , a demigryph or a lion from shieldwolf?

>Pilgrimage of Wrath

What are they angry about?

About chaos, I think

I think it's imporant to stress that the mortal realms are not elemental planes.

Chamon for instance in my mind is like Mirrodin from Magic the Gathering. So very diverse biomes, but with a distinct element tying them together.

Big steaming jungles in Aqshy sound cool. Maybe there a tropical area because there's a meeting place between water and magma rivers that create this enormous humid, steamy zone.

Quick note, in spear of shadows it is said by a fyreslayer that its stupid that seas and oceans are made of water and not magma.

The jungle could also be in a volcanic sea. Volcanism makes for very fertile ground, maybe every once in while in season of fire the jungle gets destroyed by the volcanoes? Like a giant circle of rebirth? And the salamanders are worshipped as these gods of death but also rebirth? I dunno man, its your thing just have fun with it.

Tweaked list idea, think it would be sort of interesting.

K. Ty for response.

No chance that after the "board game" ShadeSpire, they release rules for a more TT version of ShadeSpire? I feel they have done this in the past, can't remember with what tho.

I think Brayherd.

They got Allegiance stuff, but most of their stuff is web only, even if they are actual plastic kits.

A SC for them would help a lot, not only as a bundle, but for actually make them available in shops.

They're gonna release Warscrolls for all the teams for use in AoS.
And Skirmish is already quite Mordheim-ish since AoS rules are better suited to individual combat anyway. Skirmish is fairly limited, but you can easily brew your own injury chart, add new miniatures to the renown table and solve any edge cases that might ruin your enjoyment of a specific warband.

Wanderers would be great. They got reboxed recently and have a plastic hero so they are just fine to put in the start collecting box. Would buy one just for skirmish

TT shadespire is AoS Skirmish. It has Shadespire background and scenarios.

Probably some other variant of a stormcast chamber

fucksakeno.jpg

how many times must this be corrected?

>i-if it's not EXACTLY how I remember, my nostalgia and enjoyment is ruined!!

fantasyfags are hilarious

I love AoS but anyone who says fantasyfags are dumb or that WHFB was shit is an underage fagget.

I liked fantasy I've just learned how to deal with change, no amount of grousing will change anything

Fantasy was literally just Not!Europe! The setting. It was good don't get me wrong but to pretend it was some amazing and original thing is just absurd

>use age of shitemar
>be salty about fantasyfag
And yes, WHFB was a fuckin terrible game, same as 7e 40K. The setting was just a mix of rip-off themes. Le drunk dwarves and spike ears among tress

>Fantasy was literally just Not!Europe! The setting.
which is better than Not!HoTS! The setting

>but to pretend it was some amazing and original thing is just absurd
Technically was one of the first pseudohistorical pop-fantasy setting.

can we have one thread without somebody derailing the conversation into STORMCAST ARE LE JEWS XDXD PLS UPBOAT and fantasyfags reminiscing about their stupid dead game

Report them and ignore. Shame that MODS can not just ban the avatarfagging cuck like they did in /40kg/

Eh, I'm getting used to AoS.

Also, how come Games Workshop has always been really popular in Italy?

So what's a good way to run ardboyz?
All big choppas? Dual choppas with some big choppas sprinkled in? Are shields even worth considering?

I keep thinking that running them with all big choppas is the best (for the rend), but then I feel like I'm not utilizing their ability to have different weapons in the group

>So what's a good way to run ardboyz?
Actual army

We need to help this user out. Lexicanum is great.

Reposting again

What can be added to this 2k sylvaneth list? Or is it in a good spot for 2k?

++ Pitched Battle (2,000) (Alliance: Sylvaneth) [2000pts] ++

+ Leader/Behemoth +

Drycha Hamadreth [280pts]

Deepwood Spell: The reaping

Spirit of Durthu [400pts]

Warlord trait: realm walker

Treelord Ancient [300pts]
Deepwood spell: renewal
Artifact: moonstone
+ Battleline +

2x10 Dryads [200pts]

5 Tree-Revenants [80pts]

5 Tree-Revenants [80pts]

+ Other +

3 Kurnoth Hunters: bows [220pts]

3 Kurnoth Hunters: bows [220pts]

3 Kurnoth Hunters: scythes [220pts]

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

>I'm not utilizing their ability to have different weapons in the group
If you mix too much you end up with a rolling mess. I would go with 2-3 shields and big choppas

I'm sorry

HotS?

Heroes of the Storm (good game) is all I got.

What?

>Heroes of the Storm
>good game
Also, your are missing "setting" word.

He is shitposting, just ignore him

>louen leoncoeur fighting great unclean one Kugath
>getting his ass kicked, started bleeding golden holy blood all over Kugath because blessed by lady
>golden blood is like acid and starts melting great unclean one
>Louen then charges festus and gets kiked, but golden blood does nothing because festus is still a mortal but Kugath was a daemon
>noteurope

How does the aesthetic look make the stories shit?

Stormcucks detected.

>ET
>as example

I play AoS, never played WHFB and I hate stormcast.
They are just Not!SpaceMarines! and are lame as fuck.

I loved WHFB, but I fell out of love with it in the 7'th edition and I absolutely didn't care for the 8'th edition or the End Times. That being said, I view the 5'th-6'th edition era as the peak of WHFB and I'm still quite fond of the publications from that period.

Mordheim being from that period, is still conceptually awesome as it's own thing and it being set in WHFB is just a big bonus. Anyone that don't like Mordheim either has shit taste or is a contrarian dickweed.

They are that, but Space Marines are also originally inspired by Chaos Warrior aesthetics. So I prefer to think of them as just an Order version of Chaos Warriors and that things have come full circle.

>Space Marines are also originally inspired by Chaos Warrior aesthetics.
Where the fuck they were inspired by WoC aesthetic?

Wow what an original thought, Ive never seen anyone with that idea before

What's wrong with the Old World being a magical pastiche version of Europe?

End times was shit but some was gud
>Vlad with Helborg in castle
>Helborg trying to defend city
>Vlad is like "just give me what I want because you're fucked"
>Helborg, after holding out forever and is desperate, finally says fine, Sylvania is now a province of the Empire, and you are it's count. Now go do your duty and defend the Empire.
>Vlad goes and kicks chaos ass.

Shoulderpads and fat armour. I remember reading about it in an old WD where they talked about the design origin of the Space Marines. GW was never that unique when it came to concepts.

no idea, but when I lived there it was one of my favorite hanging places as Im not very social and you dont need to be to find a game or just sit there and paint your own minis with the free paints and couching.

Also a lot of italians love fantasy from what I can gather, and the tabletop scene is not that big. I struggled finding a party for D&D.

Maybe inspired, but Space Marines look nothing like Warriors in the end.
Stormcast look just like marines.

Look up Carnival of Venice.
Then look at this model.

>Stormcast look just like marines.
And where is the problem? They are fuckin marines of the AoS universe. Should we be shocked that huge and heavy armoured guys look like space huge and heavy armoured guys?

Are you a moron?

>It was good
>but to pretend it was some amazing and original thing is just absurd

>Shoulderpads
WoC and SM shoulder are pretty different (not to mention WoC are inspired by Elric Marvel Comics crossover with Conan)
>fat armour.
Excuse me? Where exactly WoC are fat?

Non-creative types believe in some absolute originality that does not exist.

They deify this idea, and use it to basically shit on everything, because nothing is original.

>Bret knight from 4th edition starter box

oh the nostalgia

Its stormcast (masks), empire and bretonnians all rolled into one

Space Marines also used to look more manlet back in the 80's. They also do that Moorcock reference with the Tactical Marines that has the symbol of Law on their shoulderpad and they are creatures of technology rather than magic (which is a force attributed to Chaos in Moorcock's stories). So they are very much blatantly Order versions of Chaos Warriors if you know about the subject. GW loves sucking the Moorcock, but they don't like paying for it.

>>but to pretend it was some amazing and original thing is just absurd
Name another fantasy setting before Witcher which use late-medieval early-Renaisance background?

fat means large here. the armor. its large. fat. not the warriors. maybe some of them but thats not the point.

jesus fucking christ.

There are literally Chaos Warriors in the Corum stories.

>They also do that Moorcock reference
>much blatantly Order versions of Chaos Warriors
?
Also, the SM were created before the whole Chaos-conflict in 40k

Here is some heavy armor that doesn't look like a fatass space pig

i tried to do marble for this base if it helps anyone

Berserk

>fat means large here.
So just a sizes? Seriously dude? Just look at their design they are really different the only simmilar thing is spikes.

Yeah, but they are still inspired by the Chaos Warrior design and they over time became the Anti-Chaos Warrior.