Bruce Almighty Campaign Idea

>Bruce Almighty Campaign Idea.

I want to give one of my players godhood for a scant 5 minutes.
He will be given all the powers of a god, ability to answer prayers, shape lands, make artifacts..ect..ect.
The only limit is they cannot benefit himself directly.

The conflict will come after godhood has ended and he must reap the rewards or pitfalls of his choices.

Lets say he smites a person turns out that person was in high favor with another god.

He delivers rain to a drought effect area another area is now not getting water.

Want them to think of what it means to be a god and why gods always move so slowly and sometimes subtly.

ok

I should have mentioned looking for some plot ideas that have to deal with godhood.

Not bad... plus they'll make most of the decisions for you.

any plot hook ideas or someone want to give me some practice what they would do as a god?

>The only limit is they cannot benefit himself directly.
So, indirect benefit is ok?

He can bless another person with godhood, but only if that person does what he says?

You could turn someone into a DemiGod or lesser god but it would only last for as long as your own divinity last.

does he KNOW that it'll only last 5 minutes?

I'm gonna toss some of the things I'd do at you OP, and you can see how you would react to them after, alright?

>I want everyone to be a less of a dick, and more selfless. I'll make every single thinking person 50% less selfish, and all of them will have -at least- the ability to have empathy as the average person. All sociopaths die.

>I'll make everyone in the world no longer need sleep. They will function just as normally without it and no be aware they ever had to sleep.

>Every square meter of crop soil now yields 5000% the normal amount of food.

>Everyone is fit and -at least- average looking

>Cancer can be cured by orange juice

>John Thomas Martin, from St. Albans Highschool, will turn inside out and be in extreme pain. He will never die, though.

>Everyone's penis is now 8 inches long and only variation is in thickness.

>Every person has a 'mute' button now. Whenever you press it, you dont hear that person anymore, but others will still hear them. People can see who muted them.

>There's a new continent the size of two australias somewhere where only were ocean. is exclusive inhabited by things that are delicious to eat.

>Bacon now grow in vines.

Now tell me about the consequences, OP.

>I'll make everyone in the world no longer need sleep. They will function just as normally without it and no be aware they ever had to sleep.
The player still needs to sleep, and is the only one to do so anymore, so people think of him as a weirdo. Assuming Vancian magic, magic users still need to rest 8 hours

Farmers are out of a job, why pay someone else for food when you can make a year's worth in 6 months. Anything that feeds on those crops multiplies out of control.

Standards of beauty rise ever higher, anyone average-looking before will be considered hideous

A company with a lot of time and money will chop down every orange tree in the land and attempt to monopolize it for profit

>John Thomas Martin, from St. Albans Highschool, will turn inside out and be in extreme pain. He will never die, though.
Everyone feels increased empathy towards him, and will find a way to numb his pain and suffering or just euthanize him

See above
>his dick is only 2 inches wide, what a dicklet!

>Every person has a 'mute' button now. Whenever you press it, you dont hear that person anymore, but others will still hear them. People can see who muted them.
People gradually learn to mute anybody who doesn't agree with them, all discussion turns into echo chambers

>There's a new continent the size of two australias somewhere where only were ocean. is exclusive inhabited by things that are delicious to eat.
You just displaced 2 australias worth of water, have fun with lowland flooding

Heart attacks are at an all-time high

>You could turn someone into a DemiGod or lesser god but it would only last for as long as your own divinity last.
So... you could imbue two staves with demigod powers that only your best friend could use, which constantly imbue the other with 5 minutes worth of power, right.

>Heart attacks at an all-time high
Everyone is fit, though

No-one can die or feel pain without their permission. People can also die at will.
If someone dies, they can return to life free of charge, fully healthy and young at a location of their choosing. Dying also removes all magical mind control.
No-one needs to eat, drink or breathe to survive.

No, I think it's
>Imbue 2 slaves with demigod powers
>Since you did so while having 3 minutes of divinity left, they only get 3 minutes of divinity as well.

Why would you chop down a tree that yields fruit more than once?
OJ companies already produce a metric fuckload, any of them retarded enough to cut them all down would bankrupt long before the replanted ones brought in a new yield.

yes.
The staves would work as long as you are a god, correct.

>I want everyone to be a less of a dick, and more selfless. I'll make every single thinking person 50% less selfish, and all of them will have -at least- the ability to have empathy as the average person. All sociopaths die.
The world is kinder and gentler place and the meaning of sociopath has changed. Thus a large percentage of people die.

You've angered about 20 different gods of sleep and nightmares.
You get one yield of crop before all the nutrients in the ground are gone. The world is now a dying slowly.

Since everyone is at least average looking no one is
Orange juice now becomes insanely profitable and the land owners who own it insanely rich and powerful.
You now have a unique unkillable monster in the world.

New Average Penis size well besides your own penis since you were a god at the time.

See the show black mirror.

Two new lands appears and a race to claim them is on.

Their are bacon vines in the world.

/thread

It all comes down to what they do. We really cant help you there. What you're talking about is purely improv on the charcter's part, and so responding and adapting to it is going to be improv for you. Thats a big part of what makes this a really bad idea.

Also, now that he's not a god why is the onus on him to fix everybody's problems?

>A company with a lot of time and money will chop down every orange tree in the land and attempt to monopolize it for profit
This one doesn't make that much sense. Oranges would be far harder to monopolize than existing cancer treatments, and nobody's cornered the market on those. And, as pointed out, it's probably more profitable to leave the trees intact.

>Orange juice now becomes insanely profitable and the land owners who own it insanely rich and powerful.
Oranges are now more valuable, but they're not any more expensive to produce. Because nobody is likely to monopolize orange production (see above), what happens mostly depends on the shift in the demand for oranges. They're probably more profitable, but not insanely so.

>You get one yield of crop before all the nutrients in the ground are gone. The world is now a dying slowly.
We've been increasing crop yields for ages and this hasn't happened. It's more likely that hydroponics and aeroponics would suddenly displace all other forms of farming, possibly all other forms of food production.

>The world is kinder and gentler place and the meaning of sociopath has changed. Thus a large percentage of people die.
This is just a dickish misinterpretation of the meaning of the words.

>The world is kinder and gentler place and the meaning of sociopath has changed. Thus a large percentage of people die.
This is just a dickish misinterpretation of the meaning of the words.
Honestly, I just figured the person in question would die, as one has to be pretty sociopathic to buttfuck free will so flagrantly. It also would end up killing plenty of fine people, as being a sociopath doesn't necessarily entail being a criminal or a sick or cruel individual.

Fuck me I didn't greentext the second line.

>This is just a dickish misinterpretation of the meaning of the words.

See, I'd just expand Dunbar's number to be limitless. Make it so that everyone you interacted with, saw on t.v., or heard about was a real and distinct human being. Stop one mission lives from being just a statistic.

Yes we have been increasing crop yields over time but we also have to rotate crops to keep certain mineral and nutrients the ground or nothing can grow there.
When you set the growing ration 5000% times and add nothing into the ground. Where do you think that comes from?
Monkey Paw

>He delivers rain to a drought effect area another area is now not getting water.

Sounds fucking lame, Gods arent genies their shit don't work like that

Also expect your PCs to.do something that upends your whole campaign or spend the whole thing getting their powers back

More than that: we add nutrients to the soil in the form of fertilizer. Because we have this capacity, it's not very likely that the 5000% high-yield crops will deplete agricultural soils to the point of barrenness. (Salinization could do that, but that's an irrigation thing.)

(Also, we need to quadruple crop yields to meet the 9-12 billion stable population we anticipate having around the middle of the century, IIRC.)

>Monkey Paw
I fail to see why a god's powers should always turn against them. Using them might be very difficult, but it doesn't make any sense for a god's powers to be actively devious in a Monkey's Paw sort of way. You're dealing with the Law of Unintended Consequences, not the Law of Dicking Over Gods.