Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Teleporting kastelans edition

Lucius
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/14/forge-world-focus-lucius-sep-14gw-homepage-post-4/

Mars
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/forge-world-focus-mars-sep-11gw-homepage-post-4/
>Graia
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/
>Metalica
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/forge-world-focus-metalica-sep13gw-homepage-post-4/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So far AdMech seems pretty damn good.

you can summon after disembarking

seriously though?

Kind of sucks that Electro-Priests have to be Lucius in order to teleport. Still, it's one way to move units up the board.

I can't wait to teleport my power fist kastelans up my opponents ass.

How best to utilize vulkan hestan?

Company vets seem to shine brightest here

No.
No you can't.

Yeah, the sub-faction rules actually seem like they could be the basis of different styles of armies, whereas Mars gives you "standard but powered up" if you want that.

So in the fight phase, if you do more wounds to an enemy unit than they have models within an inch do those wounds get thrown away or do they carry over? If you split fire chainaxes first and kill enough models for them to remove the units keeping your guys in base contact, do you not get to use your chainswords, or do they have to allocate wounds after you finish all attacks?

eh, lucius is really the only standout, since being able to Deep Strike anything is such a game changer. The others are all in the "standard but powered up" category.

I think you can't put yourself out of combat with an enemy unit within the fight phase by overwounding

Is this one gonna get nuked too?

>be me
>live in Germany under Mommy Merkel (peace be upon her name)
>play TSons
>best friend plays Grey Knights
>he loves to homebrew
>one day he comes to me with some new psychic powers based off of old ones from back in 3e
>one of them is called Holocaust
>awkward but ok
>we play
>he tries to cast the power while we're in combat
>I roll to deny the witch with one of my sorcerers
>success
>hear a knock on the door
>open it
>get tackled by large burly brown men in uniform who handcuff me
>get sent to jail under Holocaust denial laws
I-it wasn't supposed to end up like this Veeky Forums......

I think you're underestimating how the "shoot in CC" or "fall back and shoot" Warlord traits could impact things.

I think so too, but I also don't quite understand how it is supposed to play out

>*teleports behind you*
>01011001 01001111 01110101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101100 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01111001 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000

Since wounds can be allocated to any model, all wounds must be allocated to the target unit, no matter how far away certain models may be. A unit makes all of its attacks at that unit regardless of which ones you use in which order. That said, if a unit is locked at the beginning of the fight phase and didn't charge, and another unit kills enough models to knock said unit out of combat range, then that unit cannot fight.

Fug this impostor edition, long live the rightful edition!
what happened to the other thread while I was away?

You can. So long as if all enemy unit(s) are more than 1" away AFTER they pile in 3"

Mods having autistic seizures.

Merkle thinks 40k is racist.

Nuked for /pol/shit

>*teleports behind you*
>youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

>that teleport rule

fucking fuck yeah, you know what that means? I think it means Orks are gonna get a similar ability because of their teleportation rules from last edition and stuff in the canon

That also means, if we get a rule similar to that AND bring a weird boy, we'll be able to throw 60 boys all the way up the table turn 1.

do you mean his re roll hits/wounds because multi melta devs could be very nice, but yeah company vets with combi flame weapons seems good

I think it got /pol/ bombed. And I think I see that damn copypasta again.

Once you're in combat resolving the attacks, it's abstracted, and positioning doesn't matter.

You make your hit roll, your wound roll, then your opponent chooses a model to allocate it to, then saves, then inflicts damage, if any. You can repeat this process as many times as you want, or you can take each step for each attack at the same time and go through the process once. It doesn't matter, because your unit is in combat.

What your opponent can do, if they want, is allocate all the wounds to the models within 4 inches of your unit. If they can eliminate every one of their models like this, your consolidation can't keep them in combat. They won't get to fight in the fight phase, but they don't have to fall back to get out of combat and shoot.

>look mommy! I can post it again!

Terynn is Questor Imperialis though.

/40kg/ is basically /tgpol/ite
>xenophobia
>shit talking
>intense dislike of money grubbing, beak nosed, slimy cunts
>shitposting

Every once in a while until you like it.

ok that makes sense. My friend allocated all of the wounds from the first of my splitfire attacks to the guys within 1 inch of my guys which he said protected the rest of his unit from anymore attacks from my unit

So since my ideas are shit, how should I play Death Guard?

What should I buy and how should it build it?

>dat webm
these guys are so good, i just wish they made more videos

Two Mortarions run in two separate armies allied against your opponent.

Start by not namefaging

Any advice on my army?

2400 points "Shooty Ultramarines army"

Brigade Detachment +9CP

HQ [27 PL, 483pts]

Captain [5 PL, 101pts], Combi-plasma [15pts], Power fist [12pts]
-> Upgrade to Chapter Master
Librarian [6 PL, 109pts], Force stave, Storm bolter
Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 105pts]
Lieutenants [9 PL, 168pts],
//Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts], Jump Pack [1 PL, 18pts]
//Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts]

Troops [43 PL, 715pts]

2 x Tactical Squad [9 PL, 158pts]
Space Marine Sergeant [28pts], Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts]
Space Marine w/ Plasma gun [13pts]
8x Space Marine [104pts]

2x Tactical Squad [5 PL, 93pts]
Space Marine Sergeant [28pts], Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts]
Space Marine w/ Plasma gun [13pts]
3x Space Marine [104pts]

1 x Scout Squad [6 PL, 55pts]
Scout Sergeant [11pts], Bolt pistol, Chainsword
4x Scout w/Boltgun [44pts]

Elites [15 PL, 308pts]

Company Ancient [4 PL, 78pts], Combi-plasma [15pts]
Dreadnought [7 PL, 162pts], Twin lascannon, Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter
Primaris Apothecary [4 PL, 68pts]

Fast Attack [22 PL, 401pts]

Bike Squad [9 PL, 161pts]
Biker Sergeant
2x Space Marine Biker w/Bolt Pistol
2x Space Marine Biker w/ Plasma gun

Bike Squad [9 PL, 165pts]
Biker Sergeant
2x Space Marine Biker w/Bolt Pistol
2x Space Marine Biker w/ Grav-gun

Scout Bike Squad [4 PL, 75pts]
Scout Biker Sergeant [25pts]
2x Scout Biker [50pts]
2x Twin boltgun [4pts]

Heavy Support [25 PL, 493pts]

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 170pts]
Space Marine Sergeant
4x Space Marine w/ Missile launcher

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 184pts]
Space Marine Sergeant
4x Space Marine w/ Lascannon
Armorium Cherub [5pts]

Predator [9 PL, 139pts]
Predator autocannon [49pts]

Concept:
The chapter master, apothecary, librarian, ancient, and 1 lieutenant stay with the bulk of the troops for rerolls
The Devastators, Predator and Dreadnaught stay with a lieutenant,and I use "Wisdom of the ancient" each turn on the Dreadnaught
Bikes for flanking

Not watching it again.

I'm just hoping to teleport some sicaran ruststalkers into cover to try for a charge the next turn. They're probably still not a great choice even with deepstrike, but I want to use them because the models are cool, and this seems the best shot.

cringe

Is this a troll?
Fuck off and fix your list.

Buy dark imperium box and sell primaris marines for $85 and then but the mini dark imperium box, sell the primaris for $40, but some DG 3 packs.

Boom. Army.

>showing emotion while playing is cringy
Magos-chan pls

It's been like four months since I've started this hobby and I still can't fucking decide on a faction. I change my mind every day.

Dubs decide which faction I play out of the following.

>Chaos Space Marines
>Admech
>Tyranids
>Sisters of Battle + Deathwatch
>Blood Angels
>Imperial Knights

Morty and Typhus +pox +tallyman +adorable tank are two strong components.

Epidimus + daemon engine (and or prince) spam looks neat.

my vote is that instead of using dubs to determine things, you grow a spine.

AdMech. New codex is coming out next week.

Tyranids.

Who is best 40k girl and why is it celestine?

What exactly does epi do so well that everyone says to include him

Nids. If you get fed up painting carapace, you can always branch out with GSC and from there to Astra Militarum.

That isn't slaanesh on mondays.

nids are cool

Should I get a Rhino to haul around my Plague Marines?

How?

Kill yourself

Do you get different models in Dark Imperium and the mini-box and the easy-to-build kits or do you just wind up with the same three dudes duplicated several times?

You want Typhus. Plenty of him on ebay for about 30 bucks or convert your lord of contagion (idk if they are buffing him tho so I might wait). Dark Imperium stuff is pretty handy, and you want some helbrute/defilers to get a cheap lascannon platform. Those are basically what I have in my list.

EC with demons

Whenever a nurgle daemon (keywords) kills a unit his tally goes up one. Starting at 2 you get army wide buffs(to nurgle daemons), starting with reroll 1s to hit.

The easy to builds are different but the rest are the same afaik

Have you tried painting a test model from each (go hunting on ebay for cheap abominations and paint over the top)? You may find you don't like a certain faction once you're seeing how your models will actually look, or conversely you may look at one model you've painted and think "yeah, those guys look really cool" and go from there.

On the off chance I get dubs, blood angels.

Orks

Have you already decided on a subfaction for each?
Because I vote Chaos Space Marines either way.

Orks

Nids, user. Eat the Galaxy.

>slaanesh
>girl
Pick one

CSM

AdMech

Play AdMech or Nids. They're getting their books soon and have reasonably up to date model ranges.

Mondays tend to be femdays.

Tyranids!

on mondays slaanesh is the best girl. The trick is maintaining the presence of mind to leave before tuesday.

no, but you should get at least one of those new blighthaulers for their cover bubble

It's a Stratagem used before the start of the game, that means you aren't limited to using it only once. That means you can throw as many full units of Boyz up the table turn 1 as you have command points.

.....if you actually get that Stratagem which you're being really overly optimistic about.

Not necessarily. A slowly advancing gunline hiding in the bubble of a Plague Roomba seems perfectly viable. In such a list, a Rhino is only useful if you take a task force of, say, 9 Plague Marines with melee weapons and a Biologus Putrifier. Those ten guys can rush forward and toss grenades then rush into melee.
Or you take a full armoured task force of Rhino-squads, deep-striking Terminators and some Roombas to rush forward and support the marines once they're out of their Rhinos.

So it is decided. Enjoy nom noming shit.

Okay I guess 4th times the charm. I'm running out of guard related images.

Dubs decides my next build.

Conversions/assembly
>Rapier Laser Destroyers x 3, possibly with 3d printed conversion parts so I can run them as Thudd guns
>Heavy Artillery Carriage x3, all 3d-printed conversion parts except for the gun and deck, which is magnetized from my basilisks
>Octoblade-magnetized Baneblade
>Fully Magnetized Valkyrie/Vendetta x 3
>Rough riders x 10 (using AoS Cold Ones as mounts with catachan-esque riders)
>Mortar team x 6
>Autocannon Team x 3
>Commissar Ciaphas Cain and Gunner Jurgen

Painting
>Wyvern/Hydra
>Chimera
>Tempestus Scions (Kasrkin scheme)
>random special character (primaris Psyker, commissar, standard bearer, etc)
>special weapon gunners
>Lascannon Team x 3
>Autocannon Team x 3
>yet another goddamn infantry squad

I look forward to all of it. Well, most of it.

How does having multiple psykers work in practice? I was thinking of it because the Death Guard powers are pretty cool and really easy to manifest, and smite and Deny the Witch seem useful, but is it worth taking other Sorcerers or Malignant Plaguecaster, or psykerable Daemon Princes, or would just having Typhus be good?

No.

I have but I like them all too much. I keep trying to read lore and fluff to help me decide but I can't.

Yeah. CSM would probably be Night Lords, Admech Ryza, SoB Argent Shroud, Nids Kraken and House Terryn for Knights.

Nids it is!

Just wait until they release all the new DG shit before you buy just a load of Plague Marines.
Meanwhile get a Helbrute and a Defiler.

>le over 9000 xd

It's Slaanesh the whole point is to not have to pick one.
Slaanesh is best boy and best girl at the same time.

Fucking this.

Only if you want to field stabby Plague Marines. Shooty PM shouldn't need transport.

>not doing trap Thursday or Futa Friday
Gay

dubs for throwing all your miniatures in a fire.

The Trips have spoken, bitchboy, get to work for the Great Devourer!

Fucking /pol/ I'm looking for real advice in my GSC tourney list

+++ GSC Tourney (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [121 PL, 2000pts] +++
7 Command Points

++ Battalion Detachment (Tyranids) [39 PL, 567pts] ++

+ HQ +

Malanthropes [5 PL, 90pts]: Malanthrope

Primus [4 PL, 76pts]: Bonesword

+ Troops +

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 64pts]
. 7x Neophyte Hybrid (Shotgun)
. 2x Neophyte Hybrid (Special Weapon): Flamer
. Neophyte Leader: Autopistol, Chainsword

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 57pts]: 8x Neophyte Hybrid (Lasgun)
Neophyte Hybrid (Special Weapon): Flamer

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 50pts]: 9x Neophyte Hybrid (Lasgun)

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 50pts]: 9x Neophyte Hybrid (Lasgun)

+ Heavy Support +

Biovores [4 PL, 72pts]
. 2x Biovore: 2x Spore Mine Launcher

Biovores [2 PL, 36pts]
. Biovore: Spore Mine Launcher

Biovores [4 PL, 72pts]
. 2x Biovore: 2x Spore Mine Launcher

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [55 PL, 885pts] ++

+ HQ +

Patriarch [7 PL, 150pts]

+ Elites +

Purestrain Genestealers [16 PL, 255pts]: 17x Purestrain Genestealer, 17x Purestrain Talons

Purestrain Genestealers [16 PL, 255pts]: 17x Purestrain Genestealer, 17x Purestrain Talons

Purestrain Genestealers [16 PL, 235pts]: 15x Purestrain Genestealer, 15x Purestrain Talons

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [27 PL, 548pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Shadowsword [27 PL, 548pts]: Heavy Stubber, Twin heavy bolter
. 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Flamer Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy flamer

You can run a few and be good, but you'll want to ally in csm for hex and warptime.

>Rough riders x 10 (using AoS Cold Ones as mounts with catachan-esque riders)
That sounds pretty cool, can you post a pic whenever they're done (whether they're next in line or whatever)? Always up for seeing some neat conversions in /40kg/.

Dude fucking stop
also laser rapiers fucking suck this edition

We have everything except points costs now.

Also who else is ready to rape entire conscript blobs off the table with blight grenadier squads lead by a Putrifier using VotLW and the Bombardment strat?

Who plays at 2400 pts?

That's a weird limit.

Oh god.
How close do models have to be and still be considered in unit cohesion?

Depending on how far apart you space your Blighthaulers they could give a shitload of models cover saves, hell even just two inches of space between the three models in one Blighthauler unit gives you an 11 inch oval cover bubble

Reverae dubs dont count, you mediocre clarinet player.

>le animoo reaction picture xd

sentinels or massed leman russ

Think I'm gonna make a thread just for asking advice about your list, is this a good idea for getting rid of these people?