Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Crimson slaughter are the best! edition.

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Any advice on my army?

2400 points "Shooty Ultramarines army"

Brigade Detachment +9CP

HQ [27 PL, 483pts]

Captain [5 PL, 101pts], Combi-plasma [15pts], Power fist [12pts]
-> Upgrade to Chapter Master
Librarian [6 PL, 109pts], Force stave, Storm bolter
Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 105pts]
Lieutenants [9 PL, 168pts],
//Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts], Jump Pack [1 PL, 18pts]
//Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts]

Troops [43 PL, 715pts]

2 x Tactical Squad [9 PL, 158pts]
Space Marine Sergeant [28pts], Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts]
Space Marine w/ Plasma gun [13pts]
8x Space Marine [104pts]

2x Tactical Squad [5 PL, 93pts]
Space Marine Sergeant [28pts], Chainsword, Combi-plasma [15pts]
Space Marine w/ Plasma gun [13pts]
3x Space Marine [104pts]

1 x Scout Squad [6 PL, 55pts]
Scout Sergeant [11pts], Bolt pistol, Chainsword
4x Scout w/Boltgun [44pts]

Elites [15 PL, 308pts]

Company Ancient [4 PL, 78pts], Combi-plasma [15pts]
Dreadnought [7 PL, 162pts], Twin lascannon, Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter
Primaris Apothecary [4 PL, 68pts]

Fast Attack [22 PL, 401pts]

Bike Squad [9 PL, 161pts]
Biker Sergeant
2x Space Marine Biker w/Bolt Pistol
2x Space Marine Biker w/ Plasma gun

Bike Squad [9 PL, 165pts]
Biker Sergeant
2x Space Marine Biker w/Bolt Pistol
2x Space Marine Biker w/ Grav-gun

Scout Bike Squad [4 PL, 75pts]
Scout Biker Sergeant [25pts]
2x Scout Biker [50pts]
2x Twin boltgun [4pts]

Heavy Support [25 PL, 493pts]

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 170pts]
Space Marine Sergeant
4x Space Marine w/ Missile launcher

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 184pts]
Space Marine Sergeant
4x Space Marine w/ Lascannon
Armorium Cherub [5pts]

Predator [9 PL, 139pts]
Predator autocannon [49pts]

Concept:
The chapter master, apothecary, librarian, ancient, and 1 lieutenant stay with the bulk of the troops for rerolls
The Devastators, Predator and Dreadnaught stay with a lieutenant,and I use "Wisdom of the ancient" each turn on the Dreadnaught
Bikes for flanking

>2400 points
Jesus user, that's alot to read through and some terrible fucking formatting.
>brigade detachment
Well first off you need six troops minimum for that so it's illegal.

all you did was bump the thread.

I had a minor aneurysm and bought the latest copy of white dwarf, the 30th anniversary one. It's still shit.

Remember when you'd get a breakdown of each army list with why the players picked this units and how they plan to use them ?

Now you get units seemingly chosen at random and thrown together with no thought.

Remember when battle reports were written with thought and clarity and actually broke down the game turn by turn?

Now they consist purely of massive glossy images with both players entire turns, in a 4k+ game none the less, summarised in a blurb and a few footnotes, as if they didn't even bother to play the game.

Remember when you got a thoughtful summary from both players of what went right and wrong and what they'd do next time?
Now you get Guilliman is good lol.

I get that printed battle reports are old hat now video ones exist but would be nice if good quality ones were still a thing as you don't always have 2 hours to watch two people Duke it out on YouTube.

Rekt fag

look just because i love the feel of a cock in my mouth doesnt make me gay. I'm no Dark Angels player ok?

get it straight

Anyone have scans of the new DG lore?

You posted this last thread and didn't get any yous so you post it here?

Thanks to you, it worked.

Yeah, it's sad.
It's why I dont buy white dwarves.

What's this chapter called?

Some cool ones at my LGS.

Centurions though...

Nova Marines? I think?

so 40kg, given the rampant shitposting, dubtardery, politics, and other nonsense that consumes these threads, how about we talk about what things should be like?

Describe the ideal 40kg poster. If you can think of any that fit that description, describe them.

Who makes the best video battle reports? Everything seems kind of terrible for this game

me.

I like Grim Resolve

What's the power level to points conversion?

Tabletop Tactics I would say, Winters SEO isnt too bad, also like Emperors Crusade

>Describe the ideal 40kg poster
This does not exist

Chart-user, where art thou?

roughly 1:20

50 PL is ROUGHLY equivalent to 1000 pts.

Reversed Sons of Guilliman or reversed Novamarines.

Novamarines or Sons of Guilliman

Not a WAACfag, but decently versed in rules and knows how to use them so he can play decently or give good advice. Still makes fluffy, fun lists. Not sure what else one would be able to tack onto that quite yet.

You only have 5 Troop slots out of 6 filled for a Brigade.

Tabletop Tactics for more serious games. Striking Scorpion has better casual games.

You have to go back.

It's relative, but that's why we converse about it. What do you think makes a post good or bad?

Well newest editions of WD are shitty.
>shitty battle reps
>no interesting fluff
>primaris are so awesome
>classic 40k art with primaris on it

I would like SS so much more if he'd stop putting the same music and "battle lore" for 2 minutes at the beginning of every vid

I'd disagree. I think now that most of the tabletop tactics are the riffraff playing one another with Laurence just spectating they're mostly pretty casual. When he plays it's usually better, his grasp of gameplay (not necessarily rules) is so much better than theirs.

There are no good posts on Veeky Forums by definition. Anyone who posts here is bottom of the barrel shit stain just by being here

Are those descriptions of a player, a 40kg poster, or both?

I'd say Tabletop tactics, easy to follow, good camerawork, knows what to cut and what to keep.

One with trips.

Yes.

lose an argument on Veeky Forums recently user?

You can summon after disembarking.

Is it worth spending 24 points for servitors in a vanguard detachment to get another command point

of course 24 points is worth another command point

Yes.

>Mortarion, despite costing 50pts more, is weaker than Magnus simply because he lacks access to Hereticus discipline

Uhh, 40ktards?

Mortarion is in a stronger legion overall, with more unit variety.

Tabletop Tactics is the best

The problem is while people WANT to talk about 40k, they have nothing to actually say about it so they just go to /40kg/ and end up shitposting.

Like, hey, I like crimson slaughter and I haven't been able to get any games recently. I'm thinking of going back to my guard in time for the codex, I've not been feeling very strongly towards them for awhile but for some reason I want to play them again.

That's it, that's all I have to say. Have a picture form one of my games.

Mortarion is more versatile.

His 18 attacks option is great vs hordes and characters while his 6 attacks are great vs vehicles. Magnus is only good vs vehicles and characters.

Mortarion also has some good shooting options, which aren't as good as Magnus' smite but still very good.

Mortarion also does a lot more for your army than Magnus who gives a few small auras. The -1t aura is absolutely huge for a lot of things like bolters, plaguespitters and so on. Lots of thresholds get crossed.

>thread full of shitposting
>you keep coming back
must not hate it that much

no you can't, fuck off.

also inb4 you try gaslighting by calling me a waacfag.

You shouldn't ever directly compare units between armies because you lose the context of the army overall. For example a melee option in the tau army has much more inherent value than a similar unit in tyranids because of the deficit of melee options for tau. This asymmetrical design is intentional and is what makes the game interesting. Shooting units for tau conversely will be better and cheaper than those for melee centric armies. If every army had equal efficiency options for all roles then every army would be the same, and that would be boring as shit. The enjoyment of the game is playing around your weaknesses and capitalizing on your strengths.

Is there a good army builder for 8th edition? A quick Google search came up with one that has been taken down,
so is there any other ones out there or am I stuck with doing it the old fashion way

You are a waacfag. You want one of the least competitive armies in the game right now to be even easier for you to beat by taking away one of their one good tactics.

What's the most efficient way to kill Guilliman, Magnus or Moortarion? All of them seem criminally undercosted for how tough they are, nevermind their offense or utility.

>can't use spell of lmao infinite move to get into enemy lines turn 1

Battlescribe is okay if you're using mobile, but you'll need the book too so you can know squad limits and how many units can take a special weapon etc.

>Mortarion, despite costing 50pts more, is significantly tougher than Magnus simply because he has access to his Daemonic Bonus (Disgusting Resilience) while Magnus lacks his (Ethereal Form)

Uhh, 40ktards?

battlescribe.

>can't use spell of lmao infinite move to get into enemy lines turn 1
Morty is a Heretical Astartes.

Bring a Sorcerer from the Guards of Death Warband and cast Warp Time on Morty

Never faced them personally but perhaps lot's of small unit fire or chopping? Or alternatively pick them off from a distance with high damage weapons. But I heard Mortal Wounds can really fuck them up easily too since they have a lot of saves but there isn't really much of a reliable way to get that aside from Smite spamming.

How do I get Chinman contacts to get recasts?

>only reason to care about summoning after disembarking is to give a cheese tactic to a minmaxing army
>WAAAAAAH STOP BEING A WAACFAG BY GETTING PEOPLE TO FOLLOW THE RULES

>3++ rerolling 1s Magnus
Sheesh, thank fuck he doesn't have it.

You aren't following the rules. You're contorting the definition of words to rules lawyer good tactics for chaos away from them.

What imperial army do you play fag?

Is there any reason not to ally a generic chaos psyker for warptime and death hex?

Battlescribe, user. Or a pen and paper.

by the power of autistic detective work of scouring yoyhammer for bits and pieces
or you go see if any ebay recasters are up, they nuke their profiles every now and then but there are some

thousand sons.

>Magnus with Weaver of Fates is tougher than Mortarion with Miasma of Pestilence
>Magnus usually starts with Changeling nearby

Try again, bud.
>no +2 to cast

Ignoring him and murder his army. Between the two, Magnus is faster, allowing him to close the gap, and can both do more mortal wound damage and remove invu. Morty is probably better in general, as he does more damage to the gunline, although gunline might just murder Mortarion within a turn. He's about as tanky as Knight, without any buffs.

>wanting people to follow the rules is waacfaggotry

fucking called it.

you lost the argument in the last thread, so I assume you're just going to keep posting this shit in new threads until no-one argues and call yourself the victor.

>not doing it on paper or on notepad
it's like you want to take all the fun out of it

Not really no. Dark Hereticus is an extremely strong discipline. You can even give him MoN so he doesn't catch your own space aids.

I haven't lost anything yet, because you still haven't justified your ESL interpretation of the rule.

I've got an assault cannon razorback with a captain with relic blade alongside 3 stormshield melta company veterans And I'm looking to add the last two bodies in that vehicle

Whats a good compliment for them? CC? 3 meltaguns seem like enough firepower to take on anything thats not a primarch or a knight

>Magnus with Weaver of Fates is tougher than Mortarion with Miasma of Pestilence
Magnus has to cast WoF. If you don't go first it means your buffless vs. Alpha Strikes.

Also DR works on Mortal Wounds. 3++ doesn't.

>Magnus usually starts with Changeling nearby

How does Magnus have both? Magnus big deal is Warp Timing across the battle field. Changeling cannot keep up.

A Lord of Skulls does the job in a suitably over the top fashion.

I prefer using Google sheets. Battle Scribe is okay though. Be sure to download the developer version of Java if you do though. Fucking Oracle.

No.

Death Hexing whatever you point Morty at or warp time him.
Ouch

Unit of Plague Marines with Grenademan. Grenade Stratagem + Vet of the Long War Stratagem.

>5 Models throw 5d6 grenades each dealing a Mortal Wound on a 5+ PLUS each failed save is 2 damage

Who makes good text battle reports? I hate video battle reports and have a strong nostalgia for 90's white dwarf.

I really like a few really big tough units that act as juggernauts and I really like Crusaders, so how does this look for 1500 points?

>Chapter Tactics: Black Templars
HQ:
>Captain w/ Terminator Armor, Storm Shield (Shield Eternal) and Thunder Hammer
>Emperor's Champion

Troops:
>Crusader Squad w/Power Maul, Chainsword and BP
>Crusader Squad w/Power Axe, Chainsword and BP
>Crusader Squad w/Power Fist, Chainsword and BP

Elite:
>Ironclad Dreadnaught w/ Chainfist, DCCW with Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Grenade Launchers
>Terminator Squad

Heavy Support
>Centurion Devastator Squad w/ Missile Launchers and Lascannons

Dedicated Support
>Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter

>instead of moving
>instead
>moving
disembarking counts as moving. You're not 'giving up your move', you're summoning 'instead of moving'.

The rules for both are CLEARLY written in the rules. Just for clarity, here's the definition of 'instead'.

Because disembarking IS a move, even if the unit can move effectively twice, the unit DID MOVE, which means that it cannot summon, because the summon only functions INSTEAD of a move.

not 'if the character did not make its normal move'.

not 'if the character disembarked from a vehicle'

INSTEAD of choosing to move. With disembarking, it DID move.

Go here.

DG really do seem just ridiculous

Just go on the Yoyhammer subreddit. People post up Z and Alpharius's Catalogs there quite frequently, and also post up bits and pieces of Z's email.

You obtain Alpharius's email by literally just asking him for it in a reddit message. You gotta find out who is the real Alpharius first, but even that's easier than piecing together Z's email from bits and pieces that people post when trying to ask for confirmation. Stuff like, "I have *****@***.163, is this the correct address"? And then you combine them.

Alpharius posts frequently on yoyhammer, just search through the posts until you find something that seems awfully suspicious.

>muh alpha strike

That's the point of Changeling bud. You then get to cast Weaver of Fates so you can leave him to buff Horrors and Smite fuckers in the back row

>mortal wounds

Good luck getting enough of them on Magnus, given his volume of wounds, speed and ability to deny.

What are the stats on Blight Grenades?

Plague Marines are slow as shit, so no one gives a fuck.

They will be toned down.

Excel or your spreadsheet format of choice if you want auto addition and clean formatting.

Don't really need it though? It's weaker than current meta.

>count as having moved
how is this ESL?
>Note though, that EVEN IF YOU DON'T MOVE DISEMBARKING UNITS FURTHER IN YOUR MOVEMENT PHASE, THEY STILL COUNT AS HAVING MOVED FOR -ANY- RULES PURPOSES

You're a retard.
T. a chaos player that actually plays the game and reads the rules.

Why the fuck would someone make a separate thread for lists. This is the 40k general we don't need a separate thread to actually discuss the fucking game.

What are the average wounds of a meltagun rerolling to hit and wound against a rhino

>napoleonic warfare 40k
Space grenadiers, I had no idea I wanted this so much before
DG here I come

Chaos Index mentions that Be'lakor is a unique Daemon Prince, the only one who is undivided.

Where does that leave Perturabo and Lorgar?

I think Lorgar can be a Tzeentch Daemon prince due to his desire for knowledge, his schemes and so on.

Perturabo can be maybe Khorne, due to his bloodthirsty nature and the massacre at the Iron Cage which led to his accension, or Slaanesh due to his desire for perfection.

Do simple math, holy shit.

dont start this same carnac shitfest again, user