/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous Thread: Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
youtu.be/7NOBdM5Nqnw
youtube.com/watch?v=a7q_vACVwq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ayyyyy, had this one on my mind today. I was thinking about some of the lewd cyoas and reached the conclusion that I'd rather just be a Promraen Caro necromancer. I started wondering about having these powers in current day, instead of the fantastical world The Scientist created. Renting out abandoned buildings, trying to find materials, and creating new life would be much more difficult in this world. As would explaining away your abilities

>Grimoire
Promraen Caro

>Spells
Tier 4- Cure Injury, Inflict Paralysis, Reinforcement, Gentle Repose, Create Abomination
Tier 3- Natural Weapons, Cure Disease, Warp Flesh, Enhanced Senses, Alter Appearance
Tier 2- Create Life, Rejuvenate, Mass Growth, Craft Plague, Create Skinwalker, Alter Age
Tier 1- Potion of Khizaz

>Companions
None, trade for +2 spells

>Perks
Surgeon (free)
Silver Tongue
Apothecary
Blood Crafter (20)

>Drawbacks
Single-Minded (23)

>Enemies
Abholean Witch (38)
Psychotic Count (42)
Wild Elf Tribe (45)

>Minions
Slyther (36)
Skinwalker x2 (18)
Created Life x2 (4)
Groundskeeper (2)
Slaves x2 (0)

>Location
Southern Teb'Hai

>Lair
Isolated Castle

Random old CYOA I saved somewhere along the line, arise!

Isn't there a 2.2 ver?

Sure, why not.

Image Appeal.
I have a Defensive Ability that I originally named "Swap Places," which allowed you to instantly teleport your Charge out of the way while you take an attack instead.
I haven't been able to find an image that actually depicts anything even vaguely like that, so I've hesitantly renamed it "Intercept." Now it works the same but instead of moving your Charge, you would instead immediately teleport between the threat and them to take the blow.
Anyone have any decent images that could be interpreted to depict either of those?
Preferably with ladies, because I have a nice 10 girls, 10 guys thing going with the abilities.
Thanks if you can help, and sorry for clogging the thread with my whining.
Here's an excellent CYOA in return.

*teleports in front of you*
It's personal, kid.

>Get some medical training
>Arrive at the station
>Drag Rei along and pick up Felissa, Kanae, Meimei, & Susan
>"Do you copy?" Well, it looks like "You're Here Forever". By the way, "Did you see that?"
>100% Survival, 105 if trained Me counts as a Medical colonist.
>Be Martian Kazuma.

If nobody makes a fedora, leather trench coat, and sunglasses wearing katana wielding Guardian, this whole CYOA will have been a completely wasted effort.

Is this good?

For a moment ... I thought he wasn't wearing pants.

Here's another possibility. Not a teleport, but conveys the dynamic movement plus interception.

>Ethereal guardian edgelord that insists in staying in incorporeal status just to switch later and pummel the guy to death

>"No don't go for all the harem options you piece of shit"
Gotta admit, that got a chuckle out of me.

So Swap Place is like the tank class ability that sacrifice yourself onto your targeted allies, yeah?

Or maybe this

Sorry, only thing I have is an image for the results of failing to use the ability.

Taking Creative Writing, Poetry, Theatre, Psychology, and History.

Creative Writing, Poetry, & Theater will run from 6-10pm -- it;s best for creativity. Psychology and History will be addressed 8am-noon for superior focus.

Poetry and creative writing will be taught in small classrooms, all the better for workshopping. Psychology and history belong in Large Classrooms. I feel like Theater is a special case since it should be taught somewhere with a stage, but I guess I'll call it Outside, that seems to make the most logical sense.

I need that Pencil. For other goodies, I'm torn The Shining Trapezohedron seems cool but kind of useless, though I've heard that name before this one seems to be a different artifact. The Sweater... well, I'm taking an outdoors night class so there should be some mundane practicality to it if nothing else. The glasses are the last one I'm considering... very powerful, but do I WANT to see peoples' truth all the time? It seems kinda rude and we have white lies for a reason. I'm gonna go Pencil, Trapezohedron, Sweater.

And now, the friends!
In Creative Writing: Sasha & Nicole
In Poetry: Sarah & Cecily
In Sociology: Rikka & Sarah
In History: Rikka & Nicole
In Theater: Sasha & Cecily
Sasha's energy is great in creativity and acting, and being around her positivity is a good thing. Sarah the genius, meanwhile, belongs goofing off in poetry and applying herself in sociology. Nicole's got an interest in writing, and her reliability seems well placed in History. Meanwhile, Rikka has Sociology as her 'thing', and history is a coordinating subject. Last but not least, Cecily needs to open up and let her feelings fly, and where better to do that than Poetry and Theater?

And let's all go up to the Shrine! That seems like something to be remembered forever.

Thanks, ZBG, for the max level comfy.

Last one for fear of image dumping

>tsundere edgy guardian

>You will never be Cirno's guardian
Why live? (again)

actually, this gives me a wish/idea

im sure everyone has some character they want to protect/ preference in who to protect. so can we get to pick who's guardian we become?

There's always loli that needs your protection, user.

ZBG just check Danbooru before you ask. I just looked and they had a fucking protecting tag.

>Tfw when no virgin fedora guardian protecting "m'lady" from evil Chad and the patriarchy.

>mfw that scene

Gilgamesh is a Gary Stu and makes everything worse by existing

>Spectral
>Pact with demons
>The Amulet
>The Princess

I don't get the point of this CYOA.

Fate is trash so it deserves trash characters.

Just like Saber. :^)

>Gary Stu
but he isnt, hes an arrogant dickhead who is often portrayed as downright detestable- hell out of the servants in fate he is portrayed in possibly the most negative light (at least in the originals)

and due to being such an arrogant dickhead he is subsequently disliked by everyone with the possible exception of kotomine kirei

>protecting tag.
Motherfucker.
This is what I get for trying to stay on Safebooru.
Is there a "Safe Search" tag or option so I can use it without getting distracted?

>pick who's guardian we become?
Yes, but you're encouraged to pick one of the pre-made ten Charges. But if you want to be someone in particular's Guardian, go ahead!

rating:safe IIRC

nah yer pretty much fucked on that m8.
Just learn self control and you'll be fine.

Masturbates first always help

He's a blonde bimbo. So he's automatically stoopid.

Also where's his beard.

>stoopid
SpeLlIng iS HaRd

We can all settle this like men, but we all know which one is superior.

no u

ZASSHU!

better version i think- that one has more artifacts than Gil's treasury

>Ea is actually a sword but it has so many artifacts that looks like a traffic cone

its actually a lolipop

It's a drilldo.

can confirm

Wish: Become a saber
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality Traits:
Archetype - Vintage Saber
Traits- Honorable, Servile, Wrathful, Conflicted, Confident
Servant Class: Saber
Physical Stature:
Male Saber
Gallant
Mature Saber
Ahoge-less
Clothing : Heavy Armor (ceremonial) - Casual

Stats-
Strength:EX (23)
Endurance: B (7)
Agility:B (7)
Magic: E (0)
Luck: E (0)
NP: A (13)

Class Skills-
Magic resistance: EX (16)
Self Field Defense: B (10)
Mad Enhancements: D (4)

Personal Skills
Battle Continuation: EX (15)
Mana Burst: EX (15)

Noble Phantasms:

-The Adamantine Aegis
"Break upon my body and tremble"
EX- rank Equipment (8)
The wearer is immune to NP of A+ and below, and is alerted of of stealthed enemies - breaks if the wearer acts in a dishonorable fashion (breaks an oath of his own volition, betrays his allies, cheats in a fair duel) . is innefective against atacks by those of pure noble intent.

-Valors Visage
"cowards bane"
D rank Equipment (helmet)- Anti Army (max targets 50) (2)
Forces target to attack the wearer with wild abandon

-Praetorium Pretium
"A reckoning beyond escape"
A rank Reality Marble - anti unit (10)
traps target in a open arena, the arena is inescapable and disables any NP's or abilities that call upon outside intervention (GoB, gates ofany sort, summoning . etc) and sources of imortality that are tied to the outside ( Phylacteries etc) and buffs from outside sources - effectivley preventing any assistance. the Reality Marble persists untill a fighter is dead.

-Gladius Iudicii
"burning light of the butcher"
A+ rank Weapon, Anti-Fortress (15)
Two handed greatsword of imposing size - it enhances the wielders strenght, endurance and agility. when wielded against a Villain it is engulfed with searing light, which increases accuracy and slows the target - making dodging harder.

>Monster girls
>The cosmos
Now they have friends
>Inner fire
Have an on/off switch for people is pretty handy, and it will help me get shit done
>Alien moon
Explorin' with my monster buds
>Kemomimi city
Hopefuly I can have it on the moon but if not 500 a month and a free house is pretty good

Should be fun to see how this works out

Okay, what do you guys have for "Inspire Hope?"

youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

That's a weird picture

>Become saber

>Neutral good

>Red saber

>Assasin

>Androgynous

>Adorable

>Child saber

>Lone emote ahoge

Clothing

>Light armor, Casual

Servant parameters

>Noble phantasm: EX (27)
>Agility: EX (4)
>Str: C (1)
>Endurance: D (0)

Class skill
>Presence Concealment: EX (14)
>Item construction: B (4)
>Independent action: E (1)

Personal Skills
>Information Erasure: EX (30)
>Instinct:EX (10)
>Eye of the mind(true): B (0)

Noble Phantasm

>EX rank (20)
>+3 modifier (5)
>Anti-unit technique

Just your quintessential assassin. Get in unseen, do the deed, gtfo. And nobody the wiser as to who or what created such an ungodly mess.

You knew it was coming.

>Noble phantasm: EX (27)
>>Agility: EX (4)
>>Str: C (1)
>>Endurance: D (0)
you are missing some stats

>EX+++ NP
i know the CYOA doesent explain this, but thats pointless, since EX is already "unquantifiable" / "immeasurable"- and +++ is a conditional thing, so you should explain what the condition is and such

... if only the girl wouldn't ruin it. Maybe you can crop her out?

I fucking love that fishy piece of shit...

Believe in yourself the way this guy believes in the man who indirectly caused his sister's death.

His logic is more "Well my sister wanted this guy's cock and they were practically engaged, so he must be a cool dude."

youtu.be/7NOBdM5Nqnw

I know I just wanted to be a jerk. This guy was awesome guy. Total bro tier.

I think I'm missing something... where are you getting things like "The adamantine Aegis, valors visage, pratorium pretium, etc... ?

I'm not seeing any of this.

I'm a fucking idiot...
I've been sitting on this the entire time...

they are the NP's that servant has, options were purchased and then the actual effects of said options explained

an EX sword can be anything from a lazer to something that summons an army of the dead- so its best to actually state what they do

and since noble phantasms tend to be pretty cool its nice to think of cool names for them

I honestly am a bit confused by this Cyoa, but basically I want the NP to be a single strike that is unblock-able and decapitates a single opponent.

Since there are Obviously going to be people who max out "I can tank a death star", I figured adding a +++ to my already EX NP wouldn't hurt. Just for a bit of 'yeah, sorry, your argument doesn't cut it.'

Beyond that, I'm not really sure how the NP section of this cyoa works since it doesn't explain much.

Pity, I just found one for you.

Nah, I'm keeping the hexagons.

There isn't really a modern day, but you have it mostly correct in chronological order.

Gaze will have a large focus on Hetza art, but Star Dust and Apocalypse already do, too.

>Heaven and hell are a thing in the SDAverse confirmed.
Nope.

>Nope.
So people die when they are killed?

>keeping the hexagons
Ruse will be happy.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that.
Does that mean we can more or less add whatever we want to it within reason? (as you seem to have added 4 effects) or did you purchase a rank for each one of those effects?

(So for instance, could I make an NP that goes something like 'an unstoppable strike that cuts through anything and makes the user undetectable for the duration of that strike, but the user cannot change paths while using it'?)

>Invictus
has never failed me
youtube.com/watch?v=a7q_vACVwq0

As far as the missing stats go, they're all E, and since I didn't want to fill up a whole thing with something that could easily be guessed at I just left it blank. (Though I suppose I should have probably clarified that anything not listed was 'E' rank.)

basically NP's are freeroll- so you choose what they do

but for example

"omnia mors"- scythe of death induction

anti unit EX+++ rank NP

A weapon in the loosest sense of the word- this scythe could be described simply as "implement of death", as that is all that it can be said to do- not meant for combat but rather for inducing the element of "death" witin the target.

once activated the blade assumes its grim task, guiding fate such that the blow will be lethal, an unavoidable decapitating strike- due to its nature as "implement of death inducement" this weapon is capable of ascribing the state of "death" to targets who would normally be immune to it

Any advice on making a CYOA look pretty?

Use MSPaint.

Ask SDA.

Huh, I think I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. Are you the 'Adamantine aegis' saber, or did you have a different one? (If you are the same, I have to wonder how the 'Gladius Ludicii' is an 'anti-fortress' weapon, since it has nothing to do with cracking defensive positions which is what I can only assume that's meant to be for.)

yes, im that guy- though ive made many more build of varying sucess/edge

>anti fortress
because it amplifies strength to a sufficient extent where the guardian can level a fortress with a blow and the resulting shockwaves or something like that, it may be a mistake on my part

>90%

>WW3

>Forgotten Glory

Powers and Gifts (7)

>Rewind Senescence

>Chronicler blessing

>God's accomplice

>Holy Nourishment

>Nephilim ancestry

>The mystery Recurs

>Divinely appointed

Basically the world starts over from the beginning, but this time it's a world of magic. As I will always remember the technological advancements mankind made, and people will naturally respect me, I can use both my insane physical prowess and my ability to create an army of golems to rekindle civilization faster than it had ever been created before.

See

>Lethality
99%

>Apocalypse Scenario
From Heaven

>To the New World
New Genesis

>Powers and Gifts
Rewind Senescence
Chronicler Blessing
Divinely Appointed
Holy Nourishment
God's Accomplice

Blessed be the creator of the universe, he has given us a new chance to do things right!
I'll write the new Genesis.

One of mine! :)

My dog got better for the handful of people who remember me saying anything about that. Sorry for delays on things but that was really shitty for a while. Working again on things, nothing else to report.

Who would win: 100 Gary Stus vs 100 Mary Sues?

Gary Stus will kill each other because they would all try to harem the Mary Sues.

Everybody. Because no matter what happens, the world will be a better place after they die.

But..time doesn't need motivation. It moves at it's own pace regardless of anything else.

Safebooru is literally just a Danbooru rip without the explicit and questionable rated images. Also there is a safe search thing for danbooru you can type rating:safe into the searchbar but if you're going to do that just use safebooru since it's the same thing without the tag restricions.

I also just checked and it appears safebooru doesn't have the tag autofill like danbooru does so just use danbooru to search for the tags and then put them into safebooru.

themoreyouknow.gif

There are quite a few tutorials in the pastebin on using photoshop to make cyoas look pretty. Many of those can be adapted to programs like gimp.

Once you have an idea, do a basic mockup (image frames, some generic lorem ipsum text, background etc..) then post it and ask for feedback and see what people have to say.

Glad your doggo is ok Acheld. Take care.