"I ouwitted my GM!"

>"I ouwitted my GM!"

I'm sure you did.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/puregoldstf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This implies I had a plan to begin with.

I often do campaign things entirely for the lulz and then use what the players came up with.

He threw an army of androids at us.

I summoned monsters that eat metal, exclusively.

Convincing your GM to let you outsmart them is still outsmarting them.

is this a smug anime girl thread? bedcause i got a full folder ready to dump smug anime girls right now

Please do

>dudes patreon utterly failed
>he'll only be remembered for this one image crop

>GM makes encounters
>I'm a Summoner
i outwitted my gm

why should i?

different girl than op btw

Yo lemme join in

Putin is the smuggest anime girl.

Yeah? Most GMs are pretty dumb. Most players are even dumber, sure, but still.

And you're the dumber of them all.

Playing smug assholes who think they're clever and seeing them spilling salt and spaghetti is always the best experience tabletop can offer

Some GMs are pretty dumb.
Some players are somewhat clever.

You don't really need to be clever if you have infinite power at your disposal.

Honestly one of my favorite parts of GMing.
>Hahaha I'm sure you weren't expecting that!
>Didn't actually have a plan if they didn't do that.

>my players are so painfully predictable I know when and how they're going to "derail" my game

>The Androids are made of ceramics

>GM vs. Players
cease

This. The only real conflict between the two, if you could call it that, is that the GM should keep things hidden and suspenseful, and the players should try to find out more.

I like your style.

Wish I had that Rem picture where she helps dress the pink haired Rem and then she's all like "I look great, I did it all myself" and Rem is like "good job!"

He had established they were metal and wires. Left tattered frames strewn across the city.

Sorry kid, I'm smarter than you and 99.99% of people that play roleplaying games, because most people are dumber than I, and I play them for the same reason I shitpost, to alleviate boredom after being smart enough to get too rich to need to work. Whereas they play them to escape their miserable lives of either wage slavery or leeching off their parents/welfare.

That does raise an important question: could Megumeme have saved Nazi Germany if she were hired in... let's say january 1944 and was given direct permission by Adolf Hitler to cast Explosion as often as she likes on whatever she likes?

And I bet your 6'8, Handsome , Charming and fun to be around too.

He was my Convention GM. We were playing with one of his friends, whom after 1/2 hour of playing we recognized as his favourite player(tm) who can do no wrong. We just subtly funnelled all his plans through favourite player - nothing failed.

>Summon ceramic eating monsters
And ad infinitum

>as often
Could one moderatly large bomb per day save the nazis?
No.

I've never even had a game in more than a year, because I have no friends and gamefinder threads are useless.

anyone wanna give me free games?

steamcommunity.com/id/puregoldstf/

I'm both pretty desperate and poor.

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the player/GM relationship.

Dude just do Humble Bundle or get Origin for the free games.

I my defense, my GM was basically pic related. The human, not the demon.

>tfw in serious debt and about to be homeless due to my former employer not paying me for 3 months and then relinquishing his assets and fleeing to china
>about to have my own assets seized to cover some of the open debts
>don't have family or friends
>lived off of eggs, beans and rice for 2 months now
>some faggot thinks he's desperate and poor because he can't afford bideo bames

In*

If my players outwit me, I let them.

>GM has a deck of many things fetish.
>Get two wishes, get out of jail free card,
>Be circle mage in some game related to rifts, wish for knowledge of these circles we couldn't figure out.
>Gain 1 level in witch, slaved to the old gods for life.
>Spend second wish on a 1-up.
>Inevitable forced into betrayal of party, old ones desire sacrifice.
>Circle mages are really shit.
>Die, resurrected in safe location, start new life.

It's charismatic not charming. Well, he's not, but you know what I mean.

I really do hate this idea that GMs and players are somehow opposed to each other. I have never had a GM who wanted a PC to die, and if they wanted us to fail at something it was because it was important for the story they were telling.

Since this isn't a story I get to share often, when I was DM, I actually was completely outwitted once.

>5e is BRAND spanking new
>DMing an Adventure League game
>Guys are playing in an adventure
>They're on a small boat trying to attack a Lizardfolk tribe and take out the king
>King swims up to them and starts destroying the party who is already exhausted and out of HP and resources
>Knocks two of them the fuck out, it's only down to I think the warlock or rogue, forget which one
>Whatever it was, he took the Mobile feat. If you hit and deal damage, you can move without provoking Opportunity Attack
>He hits lizard guy, runs to the back of the boat
>Look at Lizard King's statblock
>His speed is so slow that he has to dash action to get over there
>Chase him down
>He hits and runs away
>Fuck
>Does it again.
>FUCK
>Does it again
>Suddenly realize that the King is down to his last 10 HP and this guy is speeding around me
>I literally can't think of a way around this
>King gets knifed to death
>They win
>I'm utterly speechless

I later realized that I could have had the king move and hold a ready action to attack, or to use the dodge action, but the game was brand new and we were still getting a handle on the rules. Still, he straight up out played me over the course of like 10 minutes.

Quit shilling your faggy waifu, faggot

Not quite

>GMs are intelligent

You think we don't know your tricks but they are painfully obvious.

this sort of thing happens in real life fights too, especially in that kind of situation where you "feel like" you're winning, only for them to rope-a-dope you. Pretty neat if you're the player who has Mobile and you manage to pull it off

I killed my DMPC. He tried to use his whole power but still failed.

To be fair, i'm blunt as fuck with some of my "Tricks" because i know it'll work.

If i put in a cute waifu, they'll leap over themselves to be the one to die protecting her.

And i told em outright that i know it. And they still fall for it.

Post the full thigh version, punk.

Only because Satan's the one asking.

I've only seen a gm get legit outsmarted once really.

Gm: OK user what's the name of this npc. And don't give him a girls name.

user: OK...Kim

Gm: Allright what about a last name?

user: uh...burly

Gm: OK Kim burly sounds goo- goddammit user.

>his players actually care about NPCs
How do I get them to do this?

>put her in bomber during raid
>explosion enemy ADA or fighter formations

seems pretty clutch

He expected us to investigate the spread of a supernatural disease that turned people into berserkers.
We burned down the building with everyone infected inside, and no innocent lives lost, through dumb luck.

Not how I wanted things to go, but it sure solved that issue.

Congrats, you're GM threw an encounter at you that they knew you could defeat. Aren't you so proud?

You don't need to outsmart a good dm. Just surprise him

They don't really care about the character themselves, they just fall over themselves when anything remotely cute is involved.

Find a weakness like that that your players share and use it to get them by the balls.

>but it sure solved that issue
The issue of investigating the spread of the disease? It solved that when you burned down your only leads?

Is her name tanya degurechaf? No? Then she can't save Germany

>Important for the story they were tellling
>They
>Not we

I found a problem with your DMs

>1944
No.

NICE blog my man

Unless the king absolutely had to kill that PC then and there, he could've also dived back into the water where the PC's speed advantage would be mitigated.

Does it really count as a trick if they're fully aware of what you're planning to do and they wholly welcome the fate you've prepared for them?

I would say yes. Just because they accept their fate doesn't mean you aren't playing to their ego.

So i'd call it a trick, in the same fashion that doing flips on a skateboard is a "Trick"

The context of the word changes, but thats it.

>with everyone infected inside
Quarantine, user.