Multiple copies

If you ever bought from boosters...
How many copies of the same card is your record?
I think 8 is my record, I think even around common cards I don't have as many copies of the same card

Before it was banned, I bought a dozen Treasure Cruise.

Why you needed dozens?
To sell them?

I have 25 Vizzerdrix and 18 DCI Sprouting Thrinax.

The latter was because my cardshop at the time was price crazy for FNM. The owner gave zero shits and would hand out promos and mats willy nilly. The Vizzerdrix are just fun to collect.

Champion of the Parish was one of my first cards and favorite as well, I run a ton of casual decks and home brew modern decks, I easily have 30 copies.

I like Grim Backwoods

I have hundreds of Suntail Hawks.
I had a friend who worked at a gaming store who knew it was my favorite card. He picked them out every time someone sold a collection. I owe him for that.

Good choice friend.

Hold them.

Although, they do seem like a likely reprint choice.

When aether revolt hit I opened a planar bridge every fnm 10 fnms in a row, I ended up eating the 10th one in a fit of rage cause I was being jewed so hard by the set.

I randomly "Give" my friend shitty vanilla yugioh cards whenever I get a pack. He must have a dozen fucking bolt penguins by now.

Your friend is a great guy, user

Inb4 satyr binder

i was opening too many Pentavus when i was a kid so i sperged out and started trading in pentavus so i could have an entire trade binder's page full of that crap.
9 pentavus was a lot when you were 14 and all the kid's collection were small.

the fact i am italian made it even weirder since IT pentavus doesn't have its last line of text and that weirded out most players.

A stack of like 20-something Deathrite Shamans I preordered for $3ea before they spiked to like $12.

I saw the potential in the card when people were shitting on it in the early days.
I was too busy with university to sell them off during their high and desu it's not really my style either - but I got blindsided by the ban that made it a $5 card again, where it has remained quite steady.

$2 roi apiece? Meh - I keep the stack around as a trophy of sorts. Also just one of my favorite cards to date.

I have a LOT of copies of various cards...but that's because I bought a lot of Fallen Empires boosters.

I think I have like 10 or 12 of EACH art for Hymn to Tourach, for example.

Aside from the fetches (because those are the cards i was looking for), i opened 3 japanese Sorin, Solemn Visitor back at KtK when i have open japanese boosters fever.

Drafted/Opened 3 Recurring Nightmares on the same day like a month after Exodus came out.
Traded them the same day for a playset of Force of Wills and a couple of Flame Waves.

I have at least 60 Serra Angels of all different sets and arts. I have no idea how I have gotten so many, they seem to just appear in my bulk box

There was a short time in SOI where I couldn't stop pulling Always Watching. Got a promo for prerelease, another normal one in the next draft, a Korean one out of a random booster, a Russian one next week out of another random booster, then again on a draft that same week. I think I managed to pull eight of them over the course of SOI, beating out stuff like Blinkmoth Nexus during MM.

Mind you, I haven't made any concerted effort to collect Sol Rings and I own like 5 more that aren't pictured.

Makes sense if you buy a lot of the commander decks and disassemble them.

For things I actively collect I've got a dozen foil Warp Worlds, two playsets of foil Pyromancer Ascension, and 4 foil Reassembling Skeletons

IMO, Sol Ring is the best card in the game if you play Commander format. What other card goes in every single deck, regardless of color or playstyle?

Is the plan taking all the cards avaible to make them scare and then sell them back?

I had a weird dream about soul ring
some person from my dream was complaining it was overpowered