Hello Veeky Forums I just Finish playing Kotor 2 and I wanted to ask a lore-based question

Hello Veeky Forums I just Finish playing Kotor 2 and I wanted to ask a lore-based question.

Why was the Jedi and the Jedi Council portrayed as wrong in the game? They followed the Jedi teaching to the Letter, They were correct in their assertion in Exiling the Jedi exile for what happened in Malachor. They were right about Revan falling to the Dark Side and they were most certainly correct about Kreia and her teachings. They handle the Mandalorians Wars the best they could. And did what they could in the Jedi Civil War. So why are they portrayed as wrong in the Game?

Because if you agree with them you don't get to use the cool grey jedi abilities and powers, user.

I thought you understood that about Veeky Forums by now.

Stop making this thread you autist.

>Because if you agree with them you don't get to use the cool grey jedi abilities and powers, user.
I thoughts if we agree with them, than the whole Galaxy is fucked because the exile was/is the only one who could stop the dark lord of Hunger

They were VERY wrong about Revan because he had gone down that path well before they though he had.

Exiling the Jedi exile was the wrong call also because it just widen the gap in between the 'old guard' and those that acted. In imprisonment for the exile own safety would of been a better call.

They did not handle the Mandalorians as best as they could because the best they could of would of been to enter on the side of Republic even if it was a voilation of their way of doing things. Keep in mind that they knew Revan had them in beewten a rock and hard place, either choose would of had negative outcomes for them. However what is worst breaking a key key principal of their code and thus losing a dregee of respect both inside and outside of their order for their traditions. Or making the public, the state, the armed forces, and the younger members of the Jedi start see that same code and the council upholding it as being a actively detrimental element with Revan having the solution. Both are bad but one is a much less painful outcome then the other.

>So why are they portrayed as wrong in the Game?

A common theme in the old EU cannon is that the Jedi are in the right but not wholly in the right. Doing things in the Jedi way and doing the things you should/ other need you to do is hard at times, much less trying to have a life at the same time. The harmony that needs to be found is not merely harmony with the force but harmony with ones self and the Jedi code.

The Jedi code is a guide against failing into the trap of letting darkness into yourself and that is important. However is you up hold the code to closely you are letting go of your own judgement. With out your own judgment you will fail into the traps that the dark side sets around you. That was a not small theme in esp I-III.

I will say that they were right about Kreia who is full of shit.

They aren't portrayed as wrong. They're portrayed as doing the opposite of what Kreia wants, and Kreia is your main source of exposition in the game, so you can be tricked into thinking that they're wrong.

But Kreia lies.

Having said that, a lot of what they did can come across as the result of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Revan fell to the Dark Side as a result of the Mandalorian Wars and finding the Star Forge, but it could be argued that if more Jedi had helped the Republic, particularly more experienced Masters, then they would have been able to stave off or completely prevent that, particularly when Revan found the Starforge, which was thoroughly infused with the Dark Side. Learned Masters would have recognized it for the threat it was and destroyed it immediately.

Likewise with the Exile, depending on how you play him/her (canonically "her", so I'll stick with that for the rest of the post), what she did at Malachor V could be the result of either gleeful destruction of her enemies; or a last desperate gamble to stop the Mandalorians. In the former case, she absolutely deserves exile. In the latter, it could once again be argued that she was reduced to this situation solely because of a lack of trained Jedi Masters to help show her and the other Jedi alternatives.

But mostly? Kreia lies.

What about cutting the exile connection to the force once she relearned them

Again, depends on your interpretation. The Exile's wound was very similar to the wound that Nihilus possessed, and look at what happened to him. There is a genuine argument to be made that putting down the Exile was the safest choice, based on the information that the Jedi Council had available to them at the time.

Remember that for all their pretension otherwise, Jedi are just people (which is itself a big theme of KotOR 2). This is no less true of the Council. They can, and do, make mistakes.

>Jedi are just people
You outed yourself sith.

>But Kreia lies.

Oh, not really. No.

>I will betray you Exile.
>I am a betrayer, you shouldn't trust me.
>You shouldn't listen to me Exile.
>Because I will betray you.
>Proceed to betray you.

The Exile was the retard in that relationship, but Kreia was pretty open about the fact that you shouldn't trust her, in fact you should probably kill her, like, right now, like, she will betray you, so you shouldn't listen to what she is saying, because it's probably bullshit.

The Exile completely goofed.

Because the world is full of kids who seem to think that being good is a bad thing

Chris Avallone doesn't really like the idea of the Force and strict good vs evil morality, that's all.

The light side of the force was a mistake.

For someone who didn't want to be listened to, she scolds you for not listening a lot.

When I played through KotOR 2, I was max lightside before I even left Telos.

My favorite/only way of playing the Exile is as a war veteran who's exhausted and just wants to go home to Coruscant and sleep for like a million years, but dammit, shit's going down and no one else is effectively putting themselves forward to help people, so she has to.

Which was basically her reason for going to the Mandalorian Wars in the first place - people needed saving.

Kreia doesn't lie *all the time*, and a lot of her lies contain a grain of truth. It's what makes her a good liar.

>My favorite/only way of playing the Exile is as a war veteran who's exhausted and just wants to go home to Coruscant and sleep for like a million years, but dammit, shit's going down and no one else is effectively putting themselves forward to help people, so she has to.
My Brother of African descent

The only correct answer

Kreia did nothing wrong.

This.

Several anons in this thread have explained already that it's because Kreia lies, because they themselves were blinded by their own self fulfilling fears, etc

But mostly because Chris Avellone hates star wars and loves the smell of his own farts

She wants to be listened to, she just tells you that you shouldn't. Then promptly does whatever she can to manipulate you. She's your typical bitter old person

>Why was the Jedi and the Jedi Council portrayed as wrong in the game?
>They followed the Jedi teaching to the Letter

Because they followed the Jedi teachings to the letter.

Nothing wrong with that

The jedi's main mistake was sticking their head in the sand despite history showing them that their current methods weren't working
>refuse to go to war and lend a level head to any young Jedi who do
Revan ignores them and leads them on his magical ride
>exile the only Jedi who ever came back
They now have fuck all knowledge of the Jedi that followed Revan, or the blatantly horrific thing that happened to him
>do pretty much nothing to discover the threat they faced, despite Kavar'a method clearly not working
Get whittled away one by one
>have the solution to their problem staring them in the face
Sterilise it

They meant well, and they had good reasons, but that doesn't make them right.

>They followed the Jedi teaching to the Letter,
If that's all there was to it they'd just build droids and make them jedi.
>They were correct in their assertion in Exiling the Jedi exile for what happened in Malachor.
Not really, tbpwyf.
>They were right about Revan falling to the Dark Side
Ehhh....
>and they were most certainly correct about Kreia and her teachings.
Granted.
>They handle the Mandalorians Wars the best they could.
Sometimes your best still doesn't earn you a gold star user.
> And did what they could in the Jedi Civil War.
You mean ran and hid and sold each other out?

Reminder that Atris sold out the gathering of jedi masters to Nihilus intending to lure him there and defeat him with the whole order. Then chickened out, and- well, you know the rest.