/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Bards College Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

And by popular* request:
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

*"Popular" = one guy keeps asking about it.

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Temple_of_the_Ancestor_Moths_(place)
minisgallery.com/dnd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Reman

Reman's a good guy.

I'm claiming this thread for the glory of Alkosh.

Won't work. Try Sotha Sil instead, we have lots of new tidbits on him.

From the depths of Oblivion, I demand this thread resurrect!

R E M A N
E
M
A
N

shouldn't we wait till next weekend? I'm not saying "make every thread biweekly" but "skip a weekend if a thread lasts till wednesday"

How is Sotha Sil eating people justified by anything we know about him?

>Have a militaristic order dedicated to hunting dangerous shit
>Daedra, werewolves, vampires, and everything else that will fuck you up
>Have Blade in the order at one point
>Lets have our leader be a Breton woman with a focus on Restoration
>Shortest, most harmless combination of race and gender
Vigilants deserved to be wiped out

People taste good. If they didn't want to be paste, they shouldn't have come to his city when they weren't a 'borg

I don't actually read books in Elder Scroll games, just like in real life.

Get out of here, heretics.

>Shortest, most harmless combination of race and gender

But by far the most useful when it comes to helping a group of people engaged in combat.

I've been away from ESO for a about 8 months now, has there been any good lore drops?

Am I correct in believing that the most outlaws per capita live in the Morrowind-Black Marsh border region? What's the second most densely outlaw area?

Probably Hammerfell or High Rock.

The Redoran did nothing wrong.

I can't wait for a game set in their part of Morrowind.

I'm pretty sure the redoran inherited raven rock and the rest of the ashes of morrowind because they couldn't get any of the voice actors to pronounce Hlaalu consistently

Just tell them

Tosh Raka, what is he?

Are there any noteworthy Khajiit heroes in Tamriel?

Are there any noteworthy Khajiit at all?

I can think of one but all he does is get turned into mount.

Probably the Reach

Dro'Zira and Darloc Brae, I guess. Rid-Thar-ri'Datta, Keirgo and Eshita might be hero figures in a sense. Ya'Tirrje isn't much of a hero, but he's definitely famous, and could be something of an inspiration to certain Khajiit.
Arguably Rajhin and Baan Dar. Possibly Dro'Jizad.

You would have to define what an "outlaw" is but I think this , guy has got it.

>

Someone not abiding with the government of the region in question, living outside of the reach of law enforcement.

No

M'aiq the Liar

Definitely the Reach, fucking Reachmen.

>outlaws
>law
>Black Marsh
Hah

I mean we got a bunch of looks at Sotha Sil, but most of it is info we already knew or was confirmed, minus the fact that he eats paste.

>two eternally youthful wives
What?

Who is the most important Breton historical figure?

I thought user was asking about full on provinces, but good thinking on the 'Reach bit, man.

So, I got ESO when it was on sale. Do you have any opinion on how much of the DLC is actually worth getting?

Talos

All of the DLC is better than the base game. If you enjoy the base game then all the DLC is good. You can always buy a sub for $15 and get it all.
Morrowind looks worth it just for the armor though

Well right now I have some friends who are looking for a new MMO and I don't want to commit to the game tooooo much unless I know they're coming over because I think we'd all be happier if we did content together. But thanks for the heads up.

It's not and it's dumb

Stop writing Zenimax bad ideas

I bet you're the person that ate paste in real life and it hits too close to home.

>Do you have any opinion on how much of the DLC is actually worth getting?

Imperial City is skippable, as are the dungeon packs. TG, DB, and Orsinium are all really good, and Clockwork City is shaping up to be great and Sotha-y.

Thanks for the advice, man!

Need help with moth priests fluff.
I have read PGE and i need more.
What sort of rituals they have.
What about silk weaving, moth summoning?
Do they provide some service?
Are they traveling monks or is there some sort of church?
Is there some icon they pray to?
What, if any, similarities this moth religion shares with ancestor worship?

I wanted to insert few of them into 3rd empire campaign but frankly there is not much to work with.

>bored
>felt like reading lore of something
>go dwell in the great war
>remember Hammerfell beat the Aldmeri back 4 years after Empire peaces out

Can't help but chuckle at that. Think they would be easy as the Empire forced to renounce their claim in their own peace treaty and then these bunch of ragtags just beat you to the point you got to leave completely.

What is this about Sotha Sil eating paste

I guess the Empire is fine if they become bros with Hammerfell again and doesn't get outright screwed by what Bethesda does with Skyrim civil war.

The Empire -is- bros with Hammerfell, it's just plausible deniability.

By Azura, what did you just utter at me you filthy N'wah? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Tribunal Cult, I have been involved in numerous secret raids beyond the Ghostfence, and I have over 300 confirmed Ash Vampires slain. I'm trained in magical warfare and I'm the top archer in the entire Great House Indoril. You are nothing to me but just another mudcrab. I will wipe you off the face of Tamriel with magic the likes of which have never before been seen on Nirn, believe me, whelp. You think you can get away with saying that to me via telepathy? Think again, cur. As we speak, I am contacting my secret network of mages across Tamriel, and your essence is being traced right now, so you better prepare for the firestorm, S'wit. The firestorm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. I'm watching you scum. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over 700 different ways, and that is just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in Unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Tribunal Ordinators, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Nirn, you filthy outlander. If only you could have known what unholy magicks your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your guar sized tongue. But you didn't, you couldn't, and now you're paying with your blood, you gods damned fetcher. I will shit CHIM all over you and you will drown in it. You're going to die in here, N'wah. You're going to die!

Everything in the clockwork city's mechanical, so the inhabitants that actually have to eat are fed a nutrient paste.

Praise Akatosh

Did the statue survive during the sacking of the Imperial city?

I assume so as I doubt they were that pissed about Akatosh.

So what's the paste made of if everything is mechanical?

I think you just awnsered your own question

Can I just say that I don't know where this virgin/chad meme came from, but this one is hilarious.

Hjalti.

>want to invest in Daggerfall again
>not enough time these days

Why did they game have to be so majestic in commitment.

>Rituals
Reading the Elder Scrolls.
>Silk, moths
There's definitely other weaving guilds, and yes, they can probably summon moths.
>Services
Probably not.
>Church
They have their own compounds in and outside of the Imperial City.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Temple_of_the_Ancestor_Moths_(place)

The moth priests and moth worship in general in Nibenese society is probably descended in some way from Atmoran worship of the totemic moth (Dibella).

If you recall, the territories that were occupied during the war by the Altmer, Taneth and Rihad were under Forebear influence, the pro-Imperial xenophile faction. It would stand to reason to say that as Forebear power waned so did too the Empire's in Hammerfell. There is now an imbalance of power in Hammerfell where the pro-independence xenophobic faction outweighs the opposition. With the Crowns in power I would say relations with the Empire are lukewarm at best.

Thx for that bit. I guess i'll have to make up the rest.

shit was different back in the 90's
people had less free time, no internet, and longer attention spans so games were made to be played over weeks and with the player going in not knowing kack shit until he fucking mastered it

>better income
>buy more games
>less time to play them
Just end me.

I have a kind-of lore related question: in another thread one user stated that dunmers are essentially the worst race for the nerevarine and equivalent to playing an altmer dragonborn. Now, I can see why an altmer would make for a pretty silly dragonborn, but I'm stumped at the dunmer nerevarine. Looks to me like they would make the fucking best pick for the job if anything.
Am I overlooking something? What's the most appropriate race for the nerevarine?

dunmer is the worst race for the nerevarine because in morrowind it is outright stated in the prophecies that the nerevarine will be an outlander and that he will not be what the dunmer expect. as well every failed nerevarine is a dunmer.

>picked Dunmer for first playthrough of Morrowind

Fuck

Doesn't really matter in the end. Even as a dunmer, the locals still consider you a fucking outlander, and just by virtue of all the bullshittery being a pc implies you're already an unexpected weirdo regardless.

This You're still an outlander as long as you're not from Morrowind, even if you're a Dunmer. There is no "canon" Nerevarine, or any other main character. This is a specific and intentional narrative function of the series. There's a reason you can play as any race, that's not a dissonance between gameplay and lore.

Need assistance. I have a noble who has been gone a very long time from Wayrest. The timeline is just before Tiber Septim was born, right at the end of the interregnum. What do I need to know about noblehouses in Daggerfall at the time? Would there be room for a house that owns great tracts of land in the lore?

Shonni-Etta

>Old Brick Gameboy
>Screen lights up

Really n'wah?

Well that's good to hear, I've decided to go for a vanilla playthrough of Morrowind my first go around, no mods, no nothing.

And then go crazy.

An outlander is anyone born and raised outside of Morrowind you retard.

Probably King Edward

You really think Seht doesn't mod all his handheld consoles?

I think Seht would respect sacred technologies when he sees them and realizes that the Gameboy, being both a holy one-handed mace and gaming system should not be tampered with.

>Respect sacred technologies
Then you know Seht very little. Meddling is the core of his existence.

I'd look towards the political situation you see in Daggerfall for inspiration, seeing as its essentially described as 'kinda like the chaos that was going on before the empire.'
Keep that Breton saying about claiming a hill and naming yourself king or something, deep in mind.
Another oversight many people seem to make regarding High Rock, the region has been described as having its fair share of "witch-kings" prior to its conquest, so make use of that.
as for
>would there be room for a house that owns great tracts of land
Depends on how you would define "great tracts of land"

This is the guy that killed Nerevar and did a drum solo on Lorkhan's heart because it looked cool.

Is extreme longevity something achievable by normals in this setting?
I mean, can wizards or alchemists or whoever prolong their lifespans beyond their racial limits without having to be epic characters like Divaith Fyr?

Accomplished mages can extend their lifespan, such as Savos Aren, but as far as I know no one else has achieved it to the lengths that Divayth Fyr did. You'd probably need a near mastery of restoration.

>Accomplished mages can extend their lifespan, such as Savos Aren
Savos Aren is implied to be in the 100-200 age range, which is still natural lifespan for dunmer tho.

>Be playing the 3rd edition
>Everyone else is bitching and moaning that attributes are too expensive to advance
>Fools
>Now 80 Strength
>Only the DM knows how I've been spending my points
>Waiting for the day when something needs lifting and it's time to show off my gains

I don't think I can stop. Someone help me. I want to get talents but the Gains call to me. The GAINS.

Wait, giants have 70 strength. What the fuck would 80-100 strength even LOOK like on a normal person?

> tfw you can punch out a dragon
you must pierce the aether with your fists

you are become huge

>Command and Persuasion use Personality AND STRENGTH as governing characteristics.

user. Forge the Empire of Lifting. Make it homo. Make it very, very homo.

It's postulated that some wizards in Sumurset are older than divayth.

>witch-kings

Sounds interesting! Thanks! Also designing encounters for Daggerfall. Anyone got lore-friendly ideas to evoke a Brothers Grimm or Medieval Fairy tale vibe?

Ah, I seem to recall him saying "youll have enough knowledge to last several lifetimes" or something similar.

>You'll have enough knowledge to last a lifetime. Several, if you're talented.
I suppose that's a good enough confirmation that talented wizards can live centuries.
Most settings where wizards are long lived show you a few longevous above average practitioners, weird how TES only shows you the setting's equivalent of a D&D lv30+ wizard as an example (and the psijics too I suppose, but they're hardly merely above average either), it kinda makes you doubt.

>Have Blade in the order at one point
Who?

What do you guys who play Scrollhammer use for miniatures?

Your goal should be to become a Rahjin-style culture hero turned god.
The god of massive gains.

Check out page 85 of the pdf, it has a list of suggested models.

I used to play DnD minis so they came to mind. They usually need to be touched up or repainted for the older sets, but the models are quite sturdy bendy rubber/plastic and come in all kinds of variety.

minisgallery.com/dnd/

I'm looking through now to see if I can find some stuff to fit Reachmen.

I'm a bit confused on the "Thalmor" soldier unit in Scrollhammer. The rules state a unit's profile must list a spell for them to be a caster, and Thalmor units have no spells listed. But the description says most of them know basic Destruction spells, and they've got MG2. So what gives? Can he purchase spells or not?

Reaper is also worth checking out, it has a huge amount of stuff. A lot of it isn't very good, but you'll usually find something appropriate if you search far enough.

Lots of units that aren't mages have MG2. The only ones I can remember having MG0 are undead and some Dwemer machines.

As best I can remember there was some early change were all units were given a 2 MG bonus, and It's just been that way since. It didn't really matter that non-mages got MG, because they can't use it anyway.
But you'll have to ask Duke if it's right, or if there's some other reason.

The Thalmor used to have spells back in the earlier versions of the rules, but it was removed. They were probably too good for their price. The fluff was probably just never adapted to reflect that change.

So Meridia was cast out of the heavens for "consorting with illicit spectra". Is this some sort of off color joke? Like, "she got kicked outta the house for fuggin' Redguards" or something?

Nah, she was a Magna-Ge and fucked with Daedric Princes. I'm under the impression she got fucked for 'taking sides' whereas Magnus and the Magna-Ge played neutral. And by neutral I mean, fucked off out of the universe.

So, ignoring the lore bit, they cannot cast spells or buy spells because they do not have any spells listed on their profile. Correct?