Who likes dumb cards?!?!

I do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_ndD-QmPJg#t=7m31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing better than using subpar cards and winning

These are sweet

this plus gitrog plus conspiracy (Saproling) plus Life and Limb is the best combo
ALL IS SACRIFICE

it's not the best option, but neither outright bad you dimwit

I mean its a 6/4 flyer... its not fantastic in that it dies if you are tapped out or don't have creatures to sac to feed it but it will kill someone quite quickly if they have no awnsers

Stasis is a good card.

You do realize it's a strictly worse Grisly Salvage? Sure, you don't need B for it, but 3 mana and sorcery speed? Seems like garbage to me. But that's me.

Combos with bottled cloister. Playable in Lord of the Unreal blue illusion aggro decks

It costs 7.

They're isn't any bad m:tg cards, just overpriced ones.

I didn't say bad. I said dumb. As in there is a better option but you run it anyway because you feel like it or its amusing in some way.

Just my kind of thread.

i love it

Nobody expects the black counterspell!

better than mine

what is this even supposed to do, counter counters?

it's very conditional "draw 3"

Actually sees play in Legacy Mono Red Storm.

which sees little play

But it won a major MOL Tournament.
it's a real deck. That's more than most MTG cards will ever achieve.

you answered yourself
besides, "better" options would be commune with the gods or grapple with the past
but this is a power player thread, the type who could never come up with seismic birds or pyretic eggs

hahahaha

this is bait, right?

Did anyone ever find a use for that?

Go ahead. Run a defender deck.

It lets you:
> draw cards using red mana without losing cards in your hand (as opposed to all over red carddraw options)

> draw cards without using the "draw" mechanic (anti-leovold, or cards that prevent you from drawing more than one card per turn)

> draw cards that can't be discarded (anti-discard / hand hate)

Only really good in Eternal formats, though

Time to post more tech.
Who else likes both Storm and land destruction?

>Wall of Mulch
>Wall of Omens
>Wall of Blossoms
>Wall of Roots
>Shield Sphere
>Wall of Shards
>Wall of Tanglecord
>Rolling Stones
>Doran
manabase to taste

>NOTwild growth which can't be countered
yeah sure rev up those jitte's and green splash for tharmo

Combo Walls sees play in pauper.
I mean, it's not amazing. But holy fuck, why pick a constructed playble when 90% of MTG is draft fodder?

don't mind if I do

defender mill hmm very interesting

This guy is one of my favorite pseudo-morphlings.
Guaranteed hit for 2 damage every turn, without him tapping out or spending mana.

He's also a really good voltron vessel, due to doublestrike.

shadow is a personal favorite

Feast your eyes into a really dumb card.

Yes? Madness or ensnaring bridge are the two things that spring to mind but I am sure there are more

threshold?
or maybe this?

That isn't a morphling, it's an Urza's Avenger

one day that card will be broken easily going to $10+ overnight.
and i'll be ready.

not dumb, but really bombastic

>Cheap repeatable etb/ltb trigger
Seems awesome to me senpai.

The mark of a patrician in modern. The mark of an asshole in EDH.

>The mark of an asshole in EDH.
I can taste the salt from here.

one wonders what the reasoning behind this was

I love it so much I'm working on making an alt
still need to finish promo set symbol and get the new Golgari logo

I mean the thread is for stupid cards not bad ones. This cards is stupid in a funny way.

>mfw I have to walk through a Gruul neighborhood

I run it in Nath Discard.

The dumbest thing about this card is being a rare.

This card is..... retarded.

However, any card you draw must be used THIS TURN or be lost.

This sees decent EDH play. Narset and Neheb both love this.

Have you ever liked werewolves so much you wanted everything to be a werewolf.

Good, if it was a common it'd be shitting up limited.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_ndD-QmPJg#t=7m31s

Maybe...

your time stamp didnt work, so people have to watch the entire thing, or manually select 7:31

If I had to guess it was probably originally an undercosted card that was too good so they just broke it. I feel like that happens with a lot of cards, even outside of the ones they make bad on purpose to trap new players.

see: First Response, which was responsible for vast amounts of Tarkir block's power levels, most notably Siege Rhino (which is the way it is specifically to counter First Response)...despite them having already nerfed it into uselessness.

>when a nigga so sick of gettin his thoughts seized he just seizes all of them himself lmao

I love useless cards just to show off my creative skills. I made a deck around Mindshrieker and I told a friend that Scournful Egotist would be ideal for it. He gave me a stack of them because he knew he wouldn't use them.

>"Once I was human. Now I am far more.
>Oracle: Creature - Human Wizard

I used this card in my small towny games. Works insanely well with this card.

The grand creature type update was a mistake, as was the race-and-class system.

And yet Arcanis the Omnipotent is still just a Wizard with no other race.

thatsthejoke.jpg

At least they didn't touch nameless race

Yeah, Goblin Wizard should clearly JUST be a Goblin, not a Goblin fuckin' Wizard.

Sometimes a goblin is just a goblin and an elf is just an elf. Now everything has to be a dinosaur lizard vampire warrior wizard cleric.

Did work in the early days of Magic Duels: Origins, when Red/White Aura Aggro was one of the strongest decks.

Good one

No, see. That was a good change. If a creature has a creature type in the name it should also have it in the type line. That just makes sense. However, the GCTU did go overboard in a few places and added types to cards that didn't actually need them (which WotC has since admitted but refuse to change back because of their current errata policy). Scornful Egoist is a perfect example of a creature that didn't need a race, for example, and certainly shouldn't have been made a human. Wizard Elemental? Perhaps. I could kinda see that, but him simply being a wizard - a being of pure arcane power with no true physical form anymore due to the Riptide experiments - with no other types is much more evocative and goes much better with the art.

Seriously, no one can honestly say that they look at that art and think "oh yeah, that is definetly a human."

Ojama.dek

This card is amazing.

That kinda looks like an eldrazi

Would work perfectly with any convenient "converted mana cost" card