Can we get a lich/undead character art thread?

Can we get a lich/undead character art thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lQTbRY2xWY
youtube.com/watch?v=nyEl30XDBYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ahhh, my favorite. here are a few

OP here, trying to produce a few more

Any /recently undead/ character art?

Like not a total skeleton yet, still got a fair bit of flesh

Sorta like a zombie except, y'know, not mindless

i'll drop what i have

and this last one is kinda iffy, has some meat still but obviously not much

Pretty neato none the less

Here are ghost bride. I was hoping to see some undead exoskeleton

Seconding undead exoskeleton

>So then I says to Nagash...

Don't mind me just hijacking this thread for a question

What are undead like in your setting? Are all of them made as slaves by dark magic or are there some with freedom and indevisuality?

Depends on the undead. Yeah normal zombos and skellingtons exist, but if a creature refuses to die hard enough they become something like an Undead or Unkindled from Dark Souls.

Oh, and other shit like revenants, liches, ghosts, and the like still exist, but revenants and wights are slightly different from my SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE undead.

Are vampires welcome?

Must be.

I feel that it would be better, if artist would reflect HOMM Liches better with full armour.
Also, why does that lich have crosses on his crown? I remember that they were pentagrams in cutscenes. (Besides the fact that holy symbol on unholy being doesnt make sense)

My current setting has pretty vanilla undead but i reeeeally wanna run one based on the Sabriel series. The way that handles necromancy is fuckin awesome.

Does he have a shield the shape of Texas?

Texan reporting In, absolutely

I think this is one of my favorite skeleton pictures

why has the other skeleton kidnapped a woman?

>neato
?

That's an immortal, not an undead.

Wants to bone her.

>the Sabriel series
Explain to one less knowledgeable: how does the series handle necromancy?

A long time ago, there were nine gods that were the source of wild magic. Seven were bound into bells. Two were bound in other ways (I think, it's been a while). Each bell corresponds to a layer of purgatory and does a different thing when rung that can affect both living and undead alike. Necromancers summon spirits from purgatory to do their bidding. Necromancy (in that sense) is also forbidden. The Abhorsen is a necromancer that's been sanctioned by the Old Kingdom to put down other necromancers and any undead that manage to escape purgatory on their own.

If someone who's read the series more recently than ~15 years ago wants to chime in and correct or expand on my explanation, feel free. I'm sure I missed something.

May be because he has a boner.
He's hungry.

What's the best way to play as a lich/skeleton in 5e? I'm not interested in an OP build, I just want to roleplay that, whether it's an epic level campaign or I'm starting at level 1.

I haven't seen any skeleton homebrew that seems balanced enough yet.

Does anyone have vampires? Undead dwarves?

youtube.com/watch?v=9lQTbRY2xWY

generally yes I just roll with that, but I have magic in the setting create a waste by-product that fucks with things when it gets concentrated enough.
It's where the few sentient undead come from, as well as the highest quality materials and such.

>crew of skeleton bandits causing havoc around the countryside.
love it

>draw completely bland anime girl
>call it a lich
worst possible post

She's a lich in the anime that user

Technically correct

>season 2 never ever

It hurts

I may have to watch it again. Ainz's dub voice is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=nyEl30XDBYM

He also voiced Dr Gero in Team Four Star's DBZ Abridged.

There's no excuse for the writers of this series having such exceptionally poor taste.

We are getting season 2, it's just been taking a while. So has One Punch 2. Madhouse is mad occupied, looks like.

Why would a lich willingly just sit there and look like a corpse? That's dumb.

Why would you go through all that trouble, only to not look like a fucking awesome skeleton?

> Go through all the trouble of becoming a lich
> don't look like a skeleton
> get teamgibbed in the Skeleton War
What a fucking disgrace.

It's funny because he's a skeleton AND a salaryman.
Double undead.

There are two types of necromancers.

>Lord Ruler
>undead

Anyone got anything dark souls-y? Someone who was clearly healthy in life, like a muscle wizard, and as the undead retains most of that barring the signs of undeath?

They don't know what to do with themselves now that they have a 2nd season for a show

skellingtons are low-tier undead summoned/created to serve necromancers

kidnapping that woman is the only reason they exist

depends on the setting

>never heard of, let alone seen, Overlord
>just spent the last few hours marathoning episode

Oh god. What the fuck. This is amazing. It's worse than Konosuba. I love it.

Be sure to check out the LN version if you enjoy the anime. There's way more worldbuilding and you get to see more of Ainz inner thoughts. It's great.

What if I want to send them on an errand to pick up some midnight munchies?

"This spell is my recital, I think it's very vital,
To raise (a soul), to kill (a fool)
It's Lichy is the title, here we go

It's Lichy to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Lichy, it's Lichy (Lichy) Lichy (Lichy)

I met this little hero, her skill was clearly zero
Went to our tomb and spelled her doom, I turned her into a zombie
These heroes are really sleazy, all the gold they seek is gleamy
Or spend some time and rock a rhyme, I said "It's not that easy"

It's Lichy to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time! IT'S LICHY!

Huh I didn't expect anyone to actually know where it's from

And he's functionally undead, pretty much but I thought the art could pass for a vampire

If i wasn't away from my pc and wifi I would share what I've got.

In my setting, a sapient being has three components to it's metaphysical form: Flesh, Spirit and Soul, collectively generating Life. Lacking any one of these, such as in the case of mindless undead, means you aren't a sapient being. You literally lack the vital spark. Mindless golems are much the same way. These beings are Flesh and Spirit without Soul, or Soul and Spirit without Flesh, or Flesh and Soul without Spirit.

Most undead are missing Flesh. The broken body of a lich or the phantasmal form of a ghost are not sound enough to create and bind the triumvirate of Life. It is, however, possible to temporarily patch up the broken component by weaving power into it. It's easiest to do with Flesh, but it can apply to Soul and Spirit as well.

As such, undead are... Inefficient. Imagine a regular person as a jug of water. An undead is a cracked jug that has been patched with water soluble glue, glue that must constantly be replaced or you risk ending up with an empty vessel.

It's not all bad, though. You don't actually need to focus on this process, the enchantment which creates undead basically does all the work for you with whatever energy you feed it, so you just have to make sure you have enough ether. You can also switch to a sort of 'low power mode' where you are immensely weakened but you can survive off the ambient ether in the atmosphere.

Season 2 is literally confirmed senpai

>17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he placed his right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I was dead, and see, I am alive forever and ever; and I have the keys of Death and of Hades. 19 Now write what you have seen, what is, and what is to take place after this. 20 As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

The one and only

Any more ghosts?

Does a ghost kraken count?