Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1745: The Line of Arthur Unbroken Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

I'd rather not start of the thread with Tenchi Muyo spoilers, but to answer , it's a surreal series that flips it's entire tone and genre at the drop of a hat.

So, best robot companion that you made in your jumpchain, go!

Also I recently heard that apparently a DC Mythic jump was mentioned at some point. Does anybody have any idea if that is in the works? Apparently by the same person who made DC Occult.

All of them are Saberfaces and one of them works with Waver to Fight Magic Crime.

El-Melloi Case Files is fun.

It's been out for decades now. If people see no issue spoiling the latest chapters of manga series, you should be just fine doing it with 20-30 year old anime.

On that note are there any ways to make my hairstyle hereditary?

Magic.

What's the difference between Adventure and Tamers when it comes to Digimon mechanics?

So is there any way to create a proto-Gate of Babylon in jumps that aren't Fate? I've already jumped them all and haven't really had the desire to have one up until now.

Digger, some Double Cross questions, if you have time.

>All powers may be learnt through trial and error...
1. Would Ouroboros learn only their shadow powers or could they learn any unpurchased Primordial colors to copy other powers at a higher encroachment cost over time? If so can they learn new Primordial colors? I would assume that they can't, given the function of their capstone.

2. Can they learn the Eternal Evolution and Rulers Crown abilities?

3. I'm having trouble understanding Ruler's Crown. Does it essentially let you eventually develop all of the 100's and 200's for any Syndrome you have a Primordial power picked from, in addition to boosting the Primordial power? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Yes, easily. Gate of Babylon is just an extradimensional storage space and a launching mechanism. There are so many places you could get that, it's not worth the bother of listing them all. So just do that, and fill it with powerful melee weapons. Ta-da, you've got Gate of Babylon.

>All of them are Saberfaces and one of them works with Waver to Fight Magic Crime.
She also apparently has access to a tiny bit of Rhon's power.

Well, gorilla to explosive barrel was an example in the game; in of the final levels, you go from regular Krusha (which Donkey Kong could defeat but Diddy couldn't) to a special Krusha who can't be killed except with a TNT barrel. But since you like the sword example, I'll go with that.

Thanks for the advice on First Strike and Back for More; I'll see what I can do.

For Lost World, right now I have it at a minimum of 5 new levels aside from the DK one you start out with (it took 5 to reach the extra final boss in DKC 2 and 3), but I'm not sure about that number; I don't want to go too low or too high. I thought of one possibility. I could say something like "When the volcano sees that you have proved your worthiness, the jaws of the mighty volcano will open for you. But be warned! The primeval jungle has no tolerance for weakness, so you must prove yourself with many levels, and many strong challenges, if you hope to gain the jungle's respect and reach the final level." Essentially imply that you won't get in until you're judged worthy; this way, it fits with the flow of the journey but avoids getting too nitpicky on how many you need. I also like what you say about low-powered levels progressing you less than higher ones.

Well, Lord Tera, Cracker_Jack hasn't been seen in awhile, last working on a TTS jump apparently. He's probably either really busy or lost some enthusiasm. In either case, don't expect it any time soon.

I guess one issue with that Lost World fix is- what's worthy? Who decides when I'm worthy or not? Rather then fitting the flow, for me it just feels so vague that it's easily abused anyway.

>Grab a Portal Gun from Portal
>Experiment on it with Guru from Chrono Trigger until it can magically make portals in midair
>Eat it with A Part of Something Larger from FLCL
>You can now create magic portals at will
>Create a demi-plane with magic from Forgotten Realms or grab one from another Jump
>Stock your demi-plane full of weapons.
>Alter the gravity so it pulls down at several hundred times normal Earth
>Open up a portal behind you with the other end directly under the weapon you want to launch at your foes
>Impale idiots
>Collect tons of powerful artifacts to toss into your demi-plane
>Impale more idiots
>Perfect your evil laugh and snobbish attitude

Yeah, good point. Dang...

The questioning newbie striving for a lawyer/detective/government run here again. Thanks a ton for all your help, advice, and patience so far. I think I've got a build now for the Pokemon Jump (I wonder, should I start namefagging if I'm going to post in here a lot? Is namefagging more common in these threads to tell who's who since everyone is creating their own stories/is it not as much of a taboo in these threads compared to the rest of Veeky Forums?)

In any case, here's the current build I'm choosing. Rolled for the region and age.
>Johto
>16
>City Life
>Starter: Ralts (Haven't done the IV's yet)
>Skills/Abilities: Freerunning, Psionic, Champ in the Making
>Gear: Thrustpack, Collapsible Baton, Motorcycle, HM Collection, Laptop, 50,000 pokedollars
>Flaws: Silenced, Marked.

Got some general ideas now of what I'm probably going to do in this first jump. Shouldn't have a tough time surviving, even with the Marked flaw. And the psychic powers is a nice starter bonus to kick off for later stuff. I'll work on details for the 10 years soon, but then I might stop being active soon since I'm going on a cruise for the week - which gives me some time to think about it while relaxing, I guess. Still definitely planning on doing Ace Attorney as the 2nd jump.

You're only allowed to namefag if you've made jumps for the community.

Ok, thank you for letting me know. I apologize for my ignorance.

I'm about to start playing Sun and Moon again so I can start working on the jump when I finish it--what do you guys want from it

You don't have to apologize for your questions. It's encouraging to see someone new interested in writing for our the autism time-out corner of the internet that is /jc/. People generally don't mind answering them but apologizing for being new at something is a little silly. It's pretty quiet at this time of the night, but welcome.

Companions can have their own Pokemon, a Ranch to breed Pokemon on as a property/warehouse attachment, and an endless supply of obnoxiously loud Hawaiian shirts.

Ultra Beasts. Jojo posing. Evil moms. Z Y G A R D E.

The big problem I have is, how do you quantify something so abstract? Some people take only a half-dozen jumps before the intensity of escalation drives them toward the finale, while other people keep on trekking through dozens to hundreds of jumps. I don't know how to quantify that.

A PC for the warehouse for one, but that seems obvious.
Also waifus/husbandos, but again that seems obvious.

A perk tree based off of Guzma and Team Skull.

A drawback where Rotom infects all your electronics and distorts the data contained inside into wild exaggeration of the truth for the duration of the Jump. And a second tier to that drawback where you're dumb enough to actually believe these exaggerations.

Legendaries for 200 CP.
Ultra Beasts for 300 CP. No scenario, none of that shit.
Ultra Beast origin.
Ability to buy any Pokémon or Ultra Beast Ability or Move for 100.

Nurse Joy companion?

Since you're already replacing the Pokemon jump, you might as well make some DLC for the Warehouse and Bodymod.

Post-jump option to return to Alola for 6 months every 10 years.

Shut your noise hole. Quicksilver okayed Sun and Moon himself.

Okay Jumpers, what settings would you like to see jumps for? And before anyone says Pathfinder, that is an expected answer to this question.

Can we get a strategy guide with it?

I'm really late to this conversation, but if the cheesing post-spark rewards is still problem if/after you and that user come up with something... one thing I'd suggest is making it so actual rewards (like Eternal from Generic Creepypasta being powered up by your Spark) are tied to your Spark's powerlevel, while things that are just lifted restrictions work the way they do, minus competence any given jump might assume the Spark automatically grants.

Thank you so much for adding the level purchase I requested and going above and beyond with the world option. This is so cool. I can take like, two thirds of the Northern Kremisphere with me! I love that!

Pokepelago, items to summon riding Pokemon you can only use that way or to break rocks/sniff items/other canon things. A non-companion Rotom-dex. The big boat. A bit Meta but maybe something that can give companion or PMD visitors with Alolan forms if their species has one. A place to buy and grow pokebeans. A fair of our own. Our own Zygarde is probably a bit too much but would be sweet. A set of grooming gear that works on any animals, from lava slugs to ghosts to slime to metals, stones, or plastics and everything more mundane. A changing booth or a perk to change between any outfits you own, maybe even hairstyles you've had before too. Wishiwashi - a school of them.

For all intents and purposes, the Sun & Moon jump will be replacing the Generic Pokémon Trainer. It's the one people will be talking about, not Quicksilver's junk.

And frankly, it's about time.

cry more

The option to pick up Pokemon that don't count as companions. Maybe a PC or island ranch to store them.

>Companions can have their own Pokemon
Yep

>a Ranch to breed Pokemon on as a property/warehouse attachment
Why didn't I think of that? Noted.

>an endless supply of obnoxiously loud Hawaiian shirts

This is...the most important suggestion I have ever received.

Ultra Beast origin indeed

>A PC for the warehouse for one, but that seems obvious.

You can import your PC from Quicksilver's Pokemon jump for free and it'll be in the warehouse, with all your pokemon from that jump intact. You can thank Heavens for requesting that.

>Also waifus/husbandos, but again that seems obvious.
Of course, of course!

Gotcha.

>A drawback where Rotom infects all your electronics and distorts the data contained inside into wild exaggeration of the truth for the duration of the Jump. And a second tier to that drawback where you're dumb enough to actually believe these exaggerations.

HAHAHA YES

>Legendaries for 200 CP.
If you want a legendary you're gonna have to catch/clone one yourself. Just use a master ball.

>Ultra Beasts for 300 CP. No scenario, none of that shit.
See legendaries, was gonna have an Ultra Beast Scenario/

>Ultra Beast origin.
That's a thing.

>Ability to buy any Pokémon or Ultra Beast Ability or Move for 100.
As a starter? Yes, you may pick any pokemon to be your starter and can choose egg moves, but I haven't worked out how I'm gonna handle it.

(con't)

What about the jojo posing and evil moms tho?

You're welcome. The whole level idea sounded awesome once you got the idea in my head.

And thanks for the advice on the end jump scenario. That might be a way to help keep things sane.

Right now, I think I'm going to sleep on things. Good night!

My own little wishlist
>Invincible
>John Wick
>Marvel Cosmic
>Barsoom/John Carter
>Freedom-verse/Mutants&Masterminds
>Getter Robo
>Mazinger Z

Fuck it. A list of media that I keep in case I need something to work on. But all things considered... Yeah, that'd be awhile.

>Xanth
>Alcatraz
>Playing for Keeps
>Book of Swords
>The President's Vampire
>Nightside
>The Black Company
>Prince of Nothing
>llium/Olympos
>Kult
>7th Sea
>Godbound
>Scion
>Ys
>Abzu
>Pillars of Eternity
>Ninja Gaiden
>Crackdown
>Dust: an Elysian Tale
>Castle Crashers
>Kid Icarus: Uprising
>more Kirby
>Epic Mickey
>Irredeemable
>Madame Mirage
>Mystic
>Ninjak
>666 Satan
>Maken-ki!
>Kekkaishi
>Legend of the Legendary Heroes
>The Third
>MÄR
>Kyōsōgiga
>Big Order
>Mother of Learning

Pokemon Conquest has that.

He okayed it out of exasperation and giving up on us.

Doesn't fucking matter.

He recognizes Pokémon Trainer is irrelevant for the modern Jumper.

>Nurse Joy companion?

Sure!

Mmm, I'll have to think it over. Maybe as a scenario reward or something.

>All that

All good suggestions, the Zygarde may be a scenario reward.

I always house ruled that pokemon didn't count as companions unless you were importing them so I won't be counting pokemon caught from the jump like that unless you import them as companions, and they'll be in the PC and ranch warehouse extension

Everything else will be in there, Zygarde will be a scenario reward

>Epic Mickey
It would definitely need a "concept art" drawback.

>Xanth
This would be an interesting place to visit.

Who's askin'?

Oh yeah I almost forgot

Malibu Comics Ultraverse with a Marvel crossover Drawback

How does it feel knowing that you're paving over the old garbage from early /jc/ history?

Nobilis. :^)

I could sit here and fill up several posts with settings I want to see made into Jumps. But I'll settle for a top ten list.

>xxxHolic
>The Long Dark Gauntlet
>Subnautica Gauntlet
>Reign of Fire Jump with a Gauntlet option
>Jackie Chan's Drunken Master
>Wayne's World
>The Last Witchhunter
>Bahamut Lagoon
>Lufia 1 and 2
>Breath of Fire 3

>Jojo posing and evil moms confirmed
Thank you, VictoryLepidoptera.

>7th Sea

Newbie here, why is Pokemon Trainer irrelevant? I'm finding it a good intro. I did note that Alola wasn't an option, but I don't see why Sun/Moon can't be its own jump separate from Pokemon Trainer, as sort of a "welcome back" I guess. Though it would be weird I guess for it to be a separate jump from the others when all the othe rgames are lumped into one jump. But just from a cursory look I see other series where separate areas/games are treated as different jumps, essentially letting you visit the same universe more than once.

Everything, literally everything. If a setting has enough material for a jump to be made of it a jump should be made, if it has enough material for multiple jumps that is even better!
Especially more D&D though, we don't have enough of that.

It's a shitposter kid. We have a few dedicated ones. Ignore them. Do not respond or engage in conversation.

You slut.

>It's a shitposter kid.
Oh, no. Please don't tell me they're breeding...

But user don't you know? Dumber people are more likely to have children, the shitposters are gonna have massive broods.

>Wizard of Oz
>.hack
>Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
>Wall-E
>Land Before Time
>Secret of Nimh
>Don Bluth stuff in general
>Japanese Myth
>Irish Myth

I am sorry to say this user but you are the father

Ooh, I'd like to see a Xanth jump. There's a lot you can do with that one. Epic Mickey would be neat too.

Also, forgive me if one does exist, but if it does I couldn't find it, but I'd personally like a Dangan Ronpa jump, but I can see how that might be difficult to do one for. If nobody else is planning to do one, maybe after I've learned enough about jumping and stuff and decide to try my hand at writing one, I'd go for that one. Again, unless it already exists or is being worked on, I just couldn't find it.

>Irish Myth
Wasnt someone doing that?

More DnD jumps. Just the thought of being level 20 in each and every class makes me tingle all over. Let the gods tremble at my power. So far we have seven DnD jumps and each one lets you start a new class. You can easily be level 140 when some gods are in their 50's.

It's because Pokemon Trainer was the very first jump, made years ago when Sun and Moon wasn't released. A lot of things have changed (For example; The general expectation at the time was for a jumper to go down by firing squad but nowadays it's possible to be immune to bullets in only a few jumps if you don't make attempts to keep the power level down). The structure has changed slightly.

You'll notice that Moneybags has very few perk discounts but a ton of discounts for items.

Nowadays you don't really make jumps that have multiple series or entries in them unless you run out of material.

Also it's a shitposter--you'll develop a sense for them soon enough here. Just don't respond and move on.

>Dangan Ronpa
That's the one with the "talents" school, right? I think someone was working on it, yeah.

Nika's doing Ulster Cycle. Think that's all for that, though.

I think Nika is?

>Maken-ki
>LoLH
Fuck yeah. For different reasons, but fuck yeah.

>Mother of Learning
Not until it's done, I hope. But after that ,certainly.

Anyone know?

>Heard noise in hallway and open door
>It's dark
>Hear creaking sound then a little girl's voice "Hello?"
>Close door

My house might be haunted, how do I kill ghosts?

Salt and burn the bones, smack them around with something iron if they get uppity if the Winchesters have taught me anything.

Why kill them? Catch them in a pokeball.

You fool! You closed the door on Jump-Chan!

/X might have an idea. We're on /tg, /jc to be particular. IRL hauntings have been proven to be 94% hoaxes. granted from what I remember the other percentages were cons and murder plots.

Don't, she sounds friendly. If she's a nice ghost, then you should learn to live together rather than approach her with hostility.

>Just a hello
>He hasn't had a witch screech at 3 fucking am
Pleb
As for your question depending on where you are salt or holy water where you heard the noise may work. That's how it stopped for me.

Work continues. Origins, no fluff as of yet, and perks are underway. Drop-in just kinda got word vomited out so I'll have you guys check over my work.

I swear, that cake looks just like Bart.

I'd say it was a prank if I didn't live alone in the woods.

I prefer to safe rather than sorry

If this was Jump-chan I'd stay away. This was a tween sounding girl who sounded scared and surprised that someone was there. That scared voice where you go see what's wrong and then she turns into a demonic hell beast and rips you apart.

Only about 9 hours till daylight....

As someone who had a similar experience regularly holy water stopped the strange sounds from appearing. Did someone was murdered in the house?

Where's the heaven castration mandatory drawback?

I suggest you offer the ghost sexually suggestive food items.

Why are you so paranoid and cruel? Have a heart, she might be trapped there and simply want empathy.

House was made in the 60's or so, lot of time for something to happen.

Are you still going on about this? Go back to /A and their mistyping NTR the Jumpmaker doesn't need your imaginary bullshit.

Good to know, thanks.
Invincible
DC Cosmic
DC Comics Green Lanter/ Lantern Core
Marvel Cosmic
Spawn

It could also just be sounds trapped inside the house, it tends to happen in old houses. I wouldn't bother with "taking care" of the ghost unless you heard it more than once and it really bothered you.
t.Owner of a spooked house

It's not imaginary, the story outright tells us what heaven did.

>55412941

When you have disembodied voices start calling you in the middle of the night YOU can go play with them. I'm staying in the light and as far from the stairs where I heard her as possible.

>t could also just be sounds trapped inside the house, it tends to happen in old houses.
I would have assumed it was just a normal creak if it wasn't an actual voice 20ft away from me.

Why are you denying outright facts at this point? Seriously, you just look stupid. Heaven killed his libido. Straight up fact. What's your objection here? That I took umbrage with it and that must mean I'm a troll in your mind?

>When you have disembodied voices start calling you in the middle of the night
I did. I lived and let unlive after making myself known and nothing bad really happened. Just some odd stuff now and then, felt presence, few more vocalizations.

Good luck user, hope you survive the night and this is your only spook.
>When you have disembodied voices start calling you in the middle of the night YOU can go play with them
Just roll with it, you eventually stop caring and it becomes an annoyance.

How many anons live in haunted houses?

Hi /jc/, I've spent the last two days screaming at technology.

So I've got two concurrent writefag chains going, one being about a jumper called Nameless who is in a chain themed around being a classical hero and is my usual brand of reluctant 'anti-hero' (more in the Shinji Ikari sense than the Edgemaster sense). The other is a light-hearted chain with a goofball benefactor that's more of a straight-up protagonist.

Which one was more fun to read about, from what I posted last time? I'm trying to decide which one I want to invest in, or if I'm going to try and do both.

Also, for either chain, on a scale of 1-10 how bad of an idea is recruiting an adult Son Goku, assuming the Jumper picks up him BEFORE Super's characterization kicks in?

I now associate that Miku icon with someone being wholly obnoxious.