Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1746: Jive Turkey Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TqZboetruwQk9zclQyMXhxUHc/view?usp=sharing
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Anime/DogDays
killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/141261642130/have-any-of-the-demiurges-subordinate-bearers-of
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So is someone making a destiny 2 jump? If not, would i get shitposted to death if i made it?

a turkey is a bad person

You do you senpai.

Go for it.

>would i get shitposted to death if i made it?
that's a given with any jump

Jumpers How do you prepare your meals?

I don't think anyone is making it. If want to make it then do it. Destiny 1 & Destiny 2 while so close to one another, they get more into the lore in Destiny 2.

mayo 4 lyfe

Aanvallen!

Depends on the number of cooking perks taken so far, and how far into my Chain I am in general.

Probably involving telekinesis, though. Effectively gives me extra hands, so I can do more things at a time and do the mixing parts faster. Obviously this means I need multitasking perks for that.

also, i made the KSBD jump. Should've mentioned that.

Jump # 206 Bayonetta (In before invalid jump)
Background: Scholar (0)
Perks
*Inexplicable Innuendo (0)
*Jingle of Jazz (0)
*Classy Contortionist (0)
*Environmental Excursion (200)
*Prior Findings (0)
*Angelic Presence (100, Discount)
*Bonus Package (100)
*Special Delivery (300)
*Ritualistic Obsession (300, Discount)
*Clearly Qualified (100, Discount)
*Magical Works (200)
Weapon Customization- From another world + They were twins (100) Caliburn + Antimagic sniper rifle
*Magic Enhancer (300 sp)
*Finisher Move (300 sp)
*Money Maker (100 sp)
*Extra Force (200 sp)
*Money Spender (100 sp)
Companions
*Import (200)
Drawback:
*Empty Guns (+ 200)
*Indebted (+ 200)
*Framed (+200)

(to be continued)

So some decades are longer than others… This one was a hell of a long jump. Well at least I had a good idea what to do immediately instead of the last jump where it took me a while to find out. I had immediately found myself indebted to some guy named Rodin.

I broke something or something like that and he wouldn’t take normal money so I had to go out and hunt monsters, angels and demons from every corner of all 3 worlds. If there was a hell hole that no one wanted to go there you can bet I have been there a half dozen times hunting the very reason why no one went there. I fought god like entities, Monstrous Skyscraper sized Kaiju, Even clashed with Dante once though that was a misunderstand. We went out for pizza after that and all was forgiven.

The kicker was no matter how much I did, no matter what I dragged back to Rodin I always owed more for some reason. Also because I had to fight stuff that were invisible to normal people and things would get broken, people would miraculously sue me. If I spend most of my time hunting nightmarish beasts that any sane person would run from I spent the other half dealing with nightmarish lawyers that any sane person would run from. I think I liked the monsters better.

I had enough money to cover it but the time and effort was really the killer. Anyways somehow I made it through that mess.

>i made the KSBD "jump"
FTFY.

And you were right not to mention it.

You know how everyone tells you not to drink and drive? Yeah, they're assholes trying to stop your fun. Feel free to at any time.

I don't usually, I let my sla-ahem companions do it

umpers daily meal plan
first breakfast.
7/5s of a 40% solution of conceptual alcohol and Sake Coconut juice , four Ten Yolk Eggs scrambled with Velveeta. Fire salt to taste

Second breakfast
5 ft.3 of fortified and refined zerg biomass, garnished with 27 Supears one whole French Toark

First Lunch
5 acres of scrap from the infinite junkyard. Five minutes of the 20% energy output of the 40 paragon resource generators I have in that one Terraria world I have dedicated entirely to them that I have reserved for this meal.

Second lunch
aggregate feed of everything posted on the Internet that day, 88 pounds of Magnetite, 2 gallons of Air Aqua

First Dinner
2 gallons of ethically obtained human blood , 2 pounds of the spice, pulled Jewel meat in King vinegar sauce on diskworld dwarf bread sandwich.
Second dinner
five whole roast BB pill bug with Melk Stardust seasoning ,5 Supears

Some people will shitpost but I say go for it since our current Destiny 1 jump is shit and its author left.

But, user, that would likely take others as collateral. It's not worth it.

>Kill Six Billion Anons
God, if only.

So are there any perks that are comparable to Charisma EX in chain?

I seem to have unfortunate luck in posting the very last on threads.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the DKC jump. I've pasted it again below.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TqZboetruwQk9zclQyMXhxUHc/view?usp=sharing

On a related note, I thought of one other way to balance out the Lost World endgame option. I mention in it that after you enter the volcano you'll have a final boss fight against some sort of guardian. I was kind of vague about who exactly because I didn't know who or what the boss should be while staying true to the DK material; in the game, it was just K. Rool, recovering from his last defeat at your hands.

But I just thought, what if the boss scales in power according to your own power? There would need to be something to ensure the jumper still has a fair chance (maybe it's like the K. Rool battle in that you just have to survive all the attacks until the boss is finally vulnerable after a long while?), but doing so would help address the whole issue of how to keep people from jumping to the Spark too soon without making it too restrictive either. Since the boss scales up with your own power, it means that you'll be in for a tough fight whether it's your sixth jump or hundredth. Just an idea to consider; what do people think about it?

>Kill Six Billion Anons
Oy vey

I think skulduggery pleasant. Has what you're looking for.

The one from civilization

Well it takes most of a light cruiser to properly support a Company of space marines and their ship will be greatly reduced in space combat as a result. Light cruisers are only slightly smaller than cruisers and cruisers are only slightly smaller than Grand or battle cruisers. If they get the capabilities to fully support a company of space marines without the trade off. . . well it is fine as this is a Rouge Trader vessel and they can be weird/exceptional but it is still a really big upgrade to offer when a self contained company with their own ship would work just as well.

Also there is the issue that this space marine contingent would probably not be under your direct command, at least not until post jump. A group of marines might follow you around and help you but getting them to move into your ship and follow your orders? That is rather hard to believe, even if they were willing the Inquisition will probably have something unpleasant to say about the matter.

Anyway see ya later.

> prepare
> prepare ... meals?
> meals need to be prepared?
I don't understand.

>Charisma EX
I can't be bothered to check what that does. Post the description, and I might take pity on you.

Donkey > Diddy > Trixie

That's a silly-looking hat. Reminds me of a garden gnome.

I have to say, despite remaining user for all this time it feels quite good to recognize all this posters and namefags still here after years of Jumpchain.

You are awesome guys.

Yeah i don't really like the jump either, even though i made it ._.

Has there been any word on the Dark Souls 1 jump?

I feel like I didn't get the source material right, and that I made stuff up as i went along.

don't we already have that?

>Master of the House + Demi-/Pseudo-Servant is fucking great for Charisma jumpers.
Why? Do you mean support/buffer jumpers?

We have a combined Dark Souls 1 and 2 and a Dark Souls 3 but from what I remember Nubee was splitting up the combined one.

I've got 32 items left before I start on companions/scenarios/drawbacks etc but I've been busy.

People wanted the original Dark Souls Jump to properly be split up into a 1 Jump and 2 Jump.

>Fate Grand Order updated Jump
So the Jumper Wars scenario allows you to companion clones.
Which clone would be good company?
Trying to decide on one to bring along.

You're asking if there re very powerful charisma perks? Where do you think you are?

Where's the Canon companion buy?

Jump 3: Kim Possible
Origin: Athlete [900]
Perks:
Gymnast
Not Dumb Luck, Dumb Skills [800]
Culinarian [700]
Down To Earth [600]
Gloating Inducer [500]
International Hero [200]

Items:
Jumpmunicator
Grappling Hook
Royalties [0] - New tea brand.

That last conversation got weirdly personal really fast. I think ‘Anna’ really is the sort of...uhm, girl, god-being, cosmic being, whatever that wears her heart on her sleeve.
>"Sleeves aren't for hearts, silly! They go in your ribcage!"
The hearts or the sleeves?"
>"Yup!"
...okay. Well. Making a headcount, my party is currently a talking owl who can take the form of a teenager with a spear and several owl feathers, a Nobody with a keyblade who is still a bit quiet and deadpan, and Tinkerbell.
Oh come on, I don't have fancy descriptions for everyone. So I'm an athletic superhero-to-be who fights a very silly supervillain who calls himself Doctor Dim. Because he's darkness-themed. And I clearly haven't dealt with enough DARKNESS after ten years in Kingdom Hearts.

Well, let's have some fun with this, shall we? Off to save the world!...again.

Jump 4: Harvest Moon
Origin: Farmer [900]
Perks:
Greenthumb
Charge It Up [800]
Who Needs Water? [650]
Rancher [550]
Friendship [450]
Master Cook [400]
Looking Good x2 [300]

Items:
Superior Tools [200]
Bigger Barn [100]
Seeds Galore [0]
Kitchen [0]

Drawbacks:
Working for Cheap [200]

This is kind of mundane, isn't it? I mean, a farm?
>"Adventures don't always have to be about punching things and hitting people with a key, silly! It's good practice to expand your skillset to include things outside of combat, warfare, and constant vigilantism! Also, cows make funny noises."
>"Moooooooo."

>Jump # 206 Bayonetta (In before invalid jump)
sass/10, I laughed

Where you off to next?

Well, I'm not in any position to argue with my boss. So, fine. Ten years of straight-up farming. Tink, you're the lookout. Aelia, go look after the farm animals. Whitt, go into town and get us some literature and farming guides to read so we can both teach the others.

How bad could it be?
>Ten Years Later...
FUCK. THE WEATHER. FUCK IT. SO. HARD.

In hindsight, I should probably put these more uneventful jumps into big pastebins. I'll do that next time. My bad.

Could you clarify or reword Cold Commander a bit? Until I read the bit about being able to Import companions into the position it sounded more like a perk that lets you make one character in every setting you go to into a boss, and even then it still feels like I'm reading it wrong.

And... gah, sorry for asking for something like this so late into the jump's making, but is there any chance of a Kremling army companion option? You know, one hundred (or some other number. I'm saying a hundred because that's probably enough krocs to populate one world's worth of stages) mooks in one companion slot, with power given by imports split between them. Since you have one discounted companion for each background, I guess you could make it a more general option and let you pick something appropriate to your background instead of Kremling only. So Kongs and Wildlife would have less competent but more numerous animal buddies, Snowmads would have... snowmads, while Drop-In would have... I don't know, oddly familiar turtles that definitely aren't Koopas? Or maybe Mini-Jumper toys. Just a thought.

Oh, hey. I have some questions.

Is the altform altering of Holy Thorn Knights and Ebon Devil an one-time thing, or could I choose whether I want to be eldritch/devilish whenever I take one of my altforms?

Also, can we get an item/perk for the cool crowns the Demiurges wear? It doesn't seem to be part of their Keys, since Zoss doesn't actually have his in pic related and at various other points.

>spoiler
Or you could just put your SB-tier writefagging in the SB thread.

Oh, and does the palace Demiurges get free float like Mottom's?

shush. take all that wonderful energy and put it into writefagging or heck even jumpmaking. as it is you're making yourself miserable and being a little pest to everyone else.

Congrats, that's how most jumpmakers feel. Sometimes you just have to be a bit creative to fit things into a jump structure and personally I don't see anything majorly wrong with the jump. Room for improvement, yes, wrong, no.

In any case, you know those floating crown things, do you get them along with being a Demiurge as well as the key?

Form altering is a permanent thing, so you can keep shifting your form, so long as it still fits the criteria.

The crown is actually part of the Key, so you have that by default

and yeah, sure you can have it floating.

A Harvest Moon build without blue feathers? Color me surprised. Look forward to the next one.

>Where you off to next?
Next it's to Dungeon Keeper, so 10 years splitting my time between body surfing and being a rock at the center of a dungeon.

As wacky as a long row of marriage proposals would have been, I resisted the urge. Besides, farm skills are nice.

I'll probably be containing shorter jumps into big pastebins to avoid taking up too much space until I actually start writing out plots. This Jumper is mostly going to be starting small and in slice-of-life or low-threat settings, anyhow. Either way, glad you're enjoying it, user.

Nice. Looking forward to reading it.

>Form altering is a permanent thing, so you can keep shifting your form, so long as it still fits the criteria.
I don't get this? It's permanent, but I can keep altering my form? Maybe I'm just missing what you mean here.

Let's try it this way. Suppose I buy Holy Thorn Knights, and have a dragon altform. Can I pick whether I want to be a normal dragon or an eldritch angel dragon whenever I like?

>The crown is actually part of the Key, so you have that by default
Is it really? Zoss shows up with a crown but /without/ a Key pretty often.

>and yeah, sure you can have it floating.
Awesome.

You can make your dragon looks eldritch, but if you don't like how it looks, or you want to go back to being a regular dragon, then you can change it into something else.

Also, while we don't know much about what the crowns are, they seem to be able to be projected from the Key, so you can probably have one of the crowns at will.

BEHOLD! A jump!

>implying he doesn't prefer it that way.

Is it a plucked chicken?

...Are you trying to >imply something?

BLACK CRUSADE IS FINALLY DONE, PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Daggone it Diogenes.

>You can make your dragon looks eldritch, but if you don't like how it looks, or you want to go back to being a regular dragon, then you can change it into something else.
Alright. Thank you, that's awesome.

>Also, while we don't know much about what the crowns are, they seem to be able to be projected from the Key, so you can probably have one of the crowns at will.
I suppose that works... I'd still like it if it's at all possible to include in the jump as a Demiurge-free thing, since they don't quite seem to be the same thing as the Key.

Pic related shows Zoss already having his crown, when he just arrived in Throne. Before ever creating the Keys.

One user mentioned it might be related to Royalty instead of the Keys specifically, which made sense to me? But since the jump bans you from getting Royalty...

>implying

Fate/Grand Order's existence proves Red is gone, for good.

You should send him to Dog Days.

Hush, you. Go take a dump in the theater, already.

I don't actually know much about that setting. What am I in for, exactly?

Oh, yeah. Now I realize that I forgot the usual important companion and canon companion options.

And interesting idea about the mook companion option. I'll see what I can do.

As for Cold Commander, no, that's not what I meant; you don't get to make one character of each setting into a boss. What I meant was that you can appoint someone in the DKC world to be your commander. And since there's multiple bosses in the games, I said that you could purchase it multiple times for additional boss commanders.

Good.

It bans you from achieving it. But no one in-universe has.

A world of kemonomimis where war is turned into a sports festival due to natural protective magic that prevents fatalities and serious injuries to people.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Anime/DogDays
A good place for an early jumper who wants some basic, not too high level powers, and very much a slice-of-life setting.

Zoss has archieved it (but is also still reaching for it somehow)?

If we're allowed to get part of it, like the Demiurges with their apparent understanding that "What makes true Royalty is the power to cut infinity with the blade of Want", then that's nice. Just learning the syllables of Royalty seems pretty cool.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Who else is going to pioneer those delicious customization sections?

I don't recall it being mentioned that Zoss achieved it. Do you have the page?

Like a mundane, if highly skilled, chef.
I don't like mayo, ketchup, or mustard, though.

Let him samefag, let him rot.

Someone else? She doesn't have a monopoly on them, you know.

Sorry but the background makes it hard to read.

It's one of the Q&A things from the K6BD Tumbler. Interesting extra stuff to add on top of all the stuff in the comic.

killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/141261642130/have-any-of-the-demiurges-subordinate-bearers-of

Somewhat unrelatedly, 6 Juggernaut-chan looks hilarious.

They've already been "pioneered". There's only filling out options, really, for anyone willing to put in the work. If you recall, most of the latest "customization tables" were sourced from the thread, anyway.

Customization sections were a mistake. It's silly to make you pay for what should be examples instead of just determining a cost for freeform creation.

>6 Juggernaut-chan

The racial capstone from Jorge Joestar. You can convince people to kill themselves and metaphysical extensions of people to become part of you instead of their original owners.

Infernals question.
It was brought up a while ago that the powers of The Sword of the Yozi are unclear, since the stats in the game are only given for Liger with the sword not the sword itself.

With this in mind would it be reasonable to say that the "special powers of the Sword of the Yozi" are in fact Ligier's own powers and the sword is just an absurdly good sword? With the Vassal's Sword being a perfect copy which was then infused with Ligier's attempt to allow a young infernal to if not fight at his level at least fight in a similar manner?

>someone looked at a character/ability creation section of an RPG Corebook and applied it to jumps
Such innovation! Much wow.

How will we ever survive without that level of creativity?~

As if you're capable of even that much?

I mean, you've been repeating the exact same thing verbatim for several years now, with only slight variations.

So, I guess we'll never know.

Even if I weren't, I'm far from the only person in this thread who might be... And that an argument comes from a hypocrite doesn't actually make it wrong, anyway.

Look.

Nobody cares about a subpar jumpmaker.

Sorry. I was hoping that the whitish outline covering the text would help alleviate that issue.

So why are we still talking about her?

EVERY FUCKING DAY

WITH NO CONTEXT

WHATSOEVER

Were that true, how much less would we care about someone who has made no jumps, no builds, and no contribution?

So Jumpers, how often do you rely on lies to accomplish your goals? Do you regularly pretend to be something you're not, or do you prefer to not even bother telling people anything, lies or not?

Why do you all reply to the phoneposting shitposter?

Because thirsty jump-sluts keep bringing up Black Crusade like it's still happening.

Because I'm currently giggly drunk and have literally nothing else better to do.

Go masturbate.

While drunk? Sounds dangerous.