Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What menial jobs have your characters ever taken? Have they ever been a common servant or server?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/PrestigeClassesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Pathfinder Savant
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo-magus-archetypes/staff-magus/
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?536512-Spheres-of-Power-Protection-Handbook-Open-Beta
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When did pfg and sfg split up? What did I miss?

Also, any tips for roleplaying as a non-stereotypical pirate? Also he's a lycanthrope.

When starfinder actually came out and gave them something to talk about besides memeing.

About 2 weeks ago I think? Regardless both of the threads have been glacially paced ever since the split, which may or may not be a good thing based on your outlook.

Have your characters ever been forced into a situation where they have to accept something bad out of pragmatism?

In a Kingmaker game, I took the Twisted Love story feat for the sake of drama, and boy howdy did I get it. My character is a feyspeaker druid, with whom a vilderavn is in love with. This is goddamn terrifying, of course, so she's mostly been avoiding him as much as possible, but we just hit the end of Book 1.

For those of you that don't know, there's a guy in the book named Vadim - he's mutilated beyond looking even human and my character, being the bleeding heart she is, looked into a way to restore his body and mind. And that meant asking the one person she knows with a deep knowledge of the sort of thing he went through. He asked for her hand in marriage, and he would pledge any support she asked of him to her kingdom and people, which he'd count Vadim as.

so, after a horrorstricken moment, she accepted. And now my character is betrothed to a horrific soul-stealing, face changing fey warlord. He can't exactly see to the running of the kingdom, but I suppose this gives me access to an extra champion for us if the shit really hits the fan, eh?

(fuck, I'm so screwed)

Congratz, you're now betrothed to stronk Quasimodo.

Wow, end of book 1 and you've already got a Vilderavn? Better hold off on that feat completion for a while cause yeah, they're damn nasty monsters.

Or it finds a way to actually corrupt your character because they play mortals for suckers for the shits and giggles. Imagine if it actually had very good reason to devote its attention to someone!

>Wow, end of book 1 and you've already got a Vilderavn?
This wasn't planned. This is basically the reverse of everything I and my character wanted, given she's in love with another party member.

The vilderavn just gave me an offer I couldn't refuse for the good of the kingdom, so I went for it. I'm intending to use him sparingly at best because "oh god, he could kill us all" and all that.

Better hope that +25 Sense Motive doesn't catch onto that inter-party love. There are so many ways this can go so horribly, and I'm sad I can't be there to see it.

>accepting a "devil's" bargain for the greater good

That's basically the standard slippery slope example.

>archivesofnethys.com/PrestigeClassesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Pathfinder Savant
Why? For what purpose? This essentially just Super Wizard the PrC

Tell me /pfg/, when was the last time you talked your way out of a situation that your GM clearly expected you to just fight?

The time when my barbarian married what the GM had intended to be a recurring arc villain. It wasn't my idea, but once we'd been betrothed by the team bard, he went along with it.

Looks like more spheres books are in playtest.

Well are you going to share with the class?

I was the GM for this, but the party had been tasked by the Hunters' Guild to bag a Cerynitis.
I had to give it a plot-related weakness to give the party any possible chance at bringing it down. I expected them to seal its freakish speed with cold iron, but they used the Sorcerer's empathic link to his familiar to communicate with it and warn it that the Hunters' Guild was after it and it should get as far away as possible.

They're blacklisted from the Hunters' Guild now, and they'll get taxed out the ass if they try to sell any pelts or furs in any major cities, but the Cerynitis owes them a favor now, and I'm keeping it in my back pocket as a plot device.

>This spell is my recital, I think it's very vital,
>To raise (a soul), to kill (a fool),
>It's tricky in the Title!

Are there any options or rules for turning magic staves into other kinds of spears or polearms? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Also, assume Spheres isn't an option

>Also, any tips for roleplaying as a non-stereotypical pirate? Also he's a lycanthrope.

I really want to play a lancer, but I don't like the idea of lolchargedamage. Are there any other good options for this?

Foraging and cooking.

That sounds hilarious and sweet, tell me more!

Why was the Guild after such a noble creature? Just the name of the game or was it causing trouble in the region?

Beast Rider archetype.

>I want to use a lance
>but I don't want to charge people

>I want to make a gunslinger
>but I don't want to shoot peope

>I want to be a wizard
>but I don't want to cast spells

>I want to play a medic
>but I don't want to heal

Spear Dancing Style feat line is a good start, combine with either Shield Brace or Weapon Trick (Polearm)

Is using leadership to recruit teams of performers and pickpockets a relatively non-cheaty way to make gold?

>Character A spent most of his teen years helping clean, forage, look after horses, and other menial tasks while he was learning catechism and swordfighting.

>Character B was bought because his first master needed children's small arms to reach into clockwork machinery if something went wrong, and spent a lot of his young adulthood doing hard labor

>Character C was a stagehand for a while, and has taken some jobs doing common labor if he needed extra coin at the time

I want to know the connection between the Elves and the Nazis.

I'm sure a GM will let you make magic spears as a Staff Master Magus, if you ask politely.
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo-magus-archetypes/staff-magus/

Focus on the Lycan bits. He's the Apex Hunter of the seas. He and his pack sail around hunting for worthy crews, beasts, and quarries to test thier claws against and slake thier bloodlust. They've even been known to take on hunting jobs from 3rd parties, provided the quarry be worth thier time. Woe be unto the fool who gave them an unworthy hunt, for he shall soon find himself their next prey

I have a player who is trying to use intimidate and long term coercion as a low level version of leadership. Im fine with giving him a couple goblin lakeys to carry his stuff, but he has made it clear he intends to intimi/slave any evil npcs and bbegs who don't croak in combat.

Any experience with this? Do i allow it, feed the plot machine with a slave revolt at an inopportune time?

But cold iron does jack shit to a cerynitis.

But user, I'm already trying to build one, but I wanna use him as a way to abuse Quarterstaff Mastery and Spear Dancing Spiral to be able to get 1handed Polearm action on my Magus and be a magical spearman. And also maybe throw in Skirnir while I'm at it to become a Magical Hoplite

Or am I overbuilding this poor fool?

It will be mine - whatever the cost!

Depends on what kind of campaign you want. I'd say a couple of thugs and shit are fine for lowlevels. Anyone boss tier/with actually decent class levels has their own agenda and will dick the player over unless they take Leadership or does some cracker jack RP.

Hell you don't even need to dick them over. Just have the NPC skip town when the player isn't looking.

Fate and soon Conjuration after it will be going into open playtest in the not too distant future. Weather is still probably going to be the last one, that or maybe Time.

What kind of classes are more prone to long-term planning and long-term visions?

Fate and Conjuration are out now.

>plot-related weakness

Come on user.

Links, I cant find them. What the heck is the point of a playtest if no one can find the actual documents.

A very prestigious noblewoman hired the guild to get her its pelt. The guild is pretty corrupt, and just wanted the money

I know, but the party was level 4 and I needed the encounter to be winnable.

Most all of the Wis based classes

Play as a Pirate Hunter. The Lycanthropy is a curse for a moment of weakness, but you've turned it around and use it to hunt bad guys.

You must use art of Jon Talbain for your character.

Have them try and murder him.

I've seen no links to them, and the GitP posts talking about the handbook playtest schedule certainly didn't have anything. So I very much doubt that unless they suddenly came up in the 10 hours since the posts, in which case damn is DDS crap at hype and saying when stuff will be available and could you please provide the links?

Thanks. I'll look into these

Not so much lancer in the heavy cavalry sense as in the sense of "person who uses a spear of some description very well"

All I can find is the Protection Handbook which says Conjuration and Fate are out.

Pretty sure that's an old and discarded playtest isn't it?

I mean if being 20 minutes old is now old and Discarded, yeah.

Well then link that? I haven't even heard of Protection now being in active playtest!

Big old kingmaker style sandbox, they got a gig going with the merchant caravan and can stop in any city or hovel, murder or help whoever they come across, and eventually their actions will snowball and land them somewhere in the war brewing in the background. You know unless they turn to piracy and sail the fuck away from it.
Well yes, but that depends on who he captures and what steps he takes to limit their combat effectiveness. It wont matter if the captured wizard can get his hands on a dagger if enlarge person and haste are the only spells that were torn out of his spell book before the rest were burned.

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?536512-Spheres-of-Power-Protection-Handbook-Open-Beta

Yep. We're the leaders of a town of humans, the last surviving bands after some extradimensional invaders wiped our homes clean. They've since mind controlled a subsection of our society en masse and are holding the rest under siege. We found where they were """broadcasting"""" from, and it turns out they were situated under a human settlement (one that they purposefully manufactured on an artificial island to use as human shields). Attempts to rescue the humans means we can't assault the base, as we can only fight against these beings with guerilla tactics - any advance warning and we've lost. So, after some debate (which ended with my character begging, Rorschach style, to be teleported out of the room so he didn't have to be party to this), our forces went ahead and wiped the village and the base off the map.

Thank you!

The only playtests that were discarded were Life and Time - and Life has since been redone.

>Player A constantly trying to flirt with Player B
>Player B too distracted with the game to notice
>Player C tries to get A on the rebound and promptly gets shot down
These fucking skype games m80

As in...their characters, or the actual players?

At this point its very hard to tell, its been going on for the past two sessions.
>Player A tries to RP with Player B
>B gives a token response, then immediately tries to get back to organizing the town watch against the impending giant siege.
>A tries again but B has already left for the woods, tells A to scribe some scrolls
>For no reason C begins talking about the events in his IRL city (same city as A)
>A tells C no OC
>That awkward moment as C tries to contain his spaghetti

Fucking ranger autists m8

What's the premade adventure/AP that involves stealing from the GORILLA KING of Usaro?

He makes a cameo midway through Serpent's Skull, but it's basically just "Yeah, he actually exists and is here. You can fight him if you really want, I guess."

Should people in Golarion call Tian Xia something different than what it actually is supposed to be called? Like how people in Europe used to call China "Cathay"?

the books seem to suggest that vivisectionist alchemists are inherently evil, yet applies no actual alignment limitation to the archetype

How would you play a good vivisectionist alchemist?

Morphine, lots of it.

What race gives the best headpats?
What race is the best to headpat?

What class gives the best headpats?
What class is the best to headpat?

Halflings, gnomes, changelings, catfolk, and ratfolk probably are the best headpat-recipients, being either small in stature or having soft-furred heads.

Dwarves, ironically, would give good headpats with their large hands and stable, sturdy frames. Other than them, races with high strength and good natural charisma would probably give a firm, comfortable headpat.

I want to titfuck Sturm while I hold onto her horns.

Is Spell Combat really that important for a magus? I have a main two-handed weapon that I can't use it with, but I'm not sure if it's worth leaving it aside for spell combat.

>2hu got kicked out of Hell's Rebels

A traveling doctor who takes any job as long as they can pay a modest fee, or takes jobs for the challenge.

Bonus points if he has a legal loli assistant.

You don't have to use spell combat every turn. If you're a hard hitter, and have already cast a multiple strike spell (chill touch is great for this, as is elemental touch) then use it two handed and save one-handing for crowd control spells such as fireball, lightning bolt, flame snake, silver darts, and other area effect spells, or clouds of any sort.

Uh, aren't there multiple Hell's Rebels games now? I honestly can't remember which one he's in.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin

Five days and I still don't have any guaranteed picks. Get them in while you got them.

Says who? Go on, name yourself faggot. Or stop lying.

Whoops, meant for this cunt, not you. Sorry!

Which ones do you like?
What are you looking for that you are not getting?

What if I can't play on Thursday and hate the idea of using voice chat?

Then you sound like a scrub.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin
Already run an in person game on Thursday.

It's more that I tend not to guarantee anyone, but literacy and sensible character personality is a plus. Most don't hold up to an interview, especially.

Well, then you don't got them to get them in. The clause is right there.

>Well, then you don't got them to get them in. The clause is right there.
What?

>but literacy and sensible character personality is a plus. Most don't hold up to an interview, especially.
You kind of sound like a dick, I don't think I will apply. Concept is interesting though I might steal that.

>Get them in while you got them.
If you don't got them, you aren't asked to get them in.

A lot of people seem interested in the concept. I don't get why it's not more popular, really. Pathfinder is the only tabletop game I know of(besides model-based wargames) which have full already existing mechanics for napoleonic shenanigans. Sharpe's Rifles, Hornblower, all that good stuff. Let me go with a comparative minimum of houserules.

Sounds fine to me! Let me know how it goes if you do.

Want to play a Draconic Bloodline Bloodrager, would a Lizardfolk or Wyvaran be better if I want to focus on claws to rip and tear guts?

>A lot of people seem interested in the concept. I don't get why it's not more popular, really
Well from how you acted earlier, I would say your attitude you sound very belittling, I would not want to play a game with you.

I was saying why the concept was not more popular, not my game.

I'm in HR:A. He's not.

Stop shitposting.

As a scoundrel, what characteristical differences are there between a bard and a rogue? Aside from their class features.

She genuinly tries to help people, you know.

Bards aren't complete shit.

The season after the first abdication of Napoleon, and more particularly after the battle of Waterloo, was, it is well known, very fruitful in quarrels between French and English officers. That pleasant gossip, Captain Gronow, has furnished many incidents illustrative of this spirit. It is a fact, that the French spent days and nights practicing fencing; and even resorted to the device of dressing up fencing-masters in officers' clothes, and setting them to pick quarrels with the English. It became impossible for these latter to avoid a conflict with men burning with rage and mortification, and determined to insult their conquerors. At Bordeaux, the Frenchmen used to come across the Garonne for the express purpose of picking a quarrel; and as the challenge usually came from the English, the French had the choice of weapons, and invariably selected their favorite small-sword. Strange to say, the result was usually in favor of our countrymen, who, being utterly helpless at carte, and tierce, and all the niceties of the exercise, unconsciously reproduced the scene in Moliere's Bourgeois, rushed on, in defiance of guards and passes, and cut down their enemy at once. In vain the Frenchmen protested that this was "brutal" and "unchivalrous," that it was a crying outrage against "lee regles d'escrime." Stalwart Englishmen stood by their friend, and, producing loaded pistols, threatened to shoot any who attempted to interfere. This system gradually produced a more wholesome state of feeling.

Half-giants and Half-Orcs are great for giving headpats. Tieflings need headpats. Halflings are for cuddle and for helping tieflings to overcome shyness and lack of friends.

Outside of naming certain class features the class doesn't seem to be inherently evil. Just fluff it out as an alchemist using his anatomical knowledge to his advantage.

Would stabbing someone in the kidneys during a life and death battle be any different from the paladin stabbing them with his holy sword? I think not.

Isn't he not a player any more.

Well when do you plan to close apps? And will you still run the game with what you have?
I applied and I really enjoy the sound of the game, I am sorry my app was not upto your standards.

Apps get closed at the listed date.

And you misunderstand! I said there are no guarantees yet. That's more because I always like to keep the hope of someone else showing up, not on account of everyone being terrible. Don't lose hope any time soon.

Can I play a foxgirl soldier?

Thank you for restoring hope!
Here is a gift for you.

Holes shot through an ear may ensue.

What's your app, if you're willing to reveal?

Which are the best airship rules to use for a Granblue /pfg/ game?

Should players be allowed to play as the canon roster for maximum autism? Even the IMAS girls?

I feel a bit self conscious, especially because I applied before I knew it was a pfg game.

No judgement here. Good luck, then! Have I gotten around to interviewing you? It takes me a bit to get to it all. I may extend the app period a few days if I can't get everyone.

SG crossover when?