How do mooks feel when they go up against your character?

How do mooks feel when they go up against your character?

>HELM'S DICK WHAT IS HAPPENING

Humans ones?
>RUN AWAY! RUN, IT ONLY HAS 25 MOVE SPEED
I am the only party member who can kill a dozen mooks in a round, every round, and in last few combats I did exactly that. Spirit guardians is fucking OP, and I love it.

>WHY DOES IT HAVE A DOOR
>FUCK THAT'S WHY, RETREEEEAT
My GM rarely sends us up against sentient enemies anymore, given by this point everyone except the cleric and rogue are nightmare fuel incarnate

>It's a fucking old drunk guy, how can he be so quick?
>Where did he get that spear?
>Oh Gods, where did he go?

>WHY IS THE GIANT BAT WEARING A TOP HAT!?!?

Aroused.

"It'd be really nice if I didn't have to end my life being eaten alive by an ambulatory burning corpse."

surprised

"I know I am but a lonely highwayman on a deserted road, but surely an armor-clad knight, a witch, a beast woman, a crazed pirate, and a magical walking suit of armor are no match for me! Huzzah!!!" - The Highwayman thinks to himself before charging directly at the party.

>Why are there so many swords?
>And WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?

They feel a lot of pain, and feel very cold. I try to make it quick for them.

Our GM always makes them fight to the bitter end and feel no pain or fear unless special powers involved.
>Did you single handedly killed 15 off us? doesn't matter, I'll still fight by myself like nothing happened and even insult you and try to humiliate you with banter

Confusion, slowly replaced with pants shitting terror as the slightly ditzy dryad turns out to be a half-dead abomination.

There's a brief bit of yield as the skin stretches to protect the meat, but then they're soft all the way down until you get to the bone. The sweetbreads are particularly likely to give way and split without problem.

If you get a misplaced cut (common when the target is trying to get away from you) it can be unpleasant, the body spasms and writhes in ugly ways. But a good, clean gutting feels kind of like slipping into comfortable pyjamas after a long day, if I can be a bit indirect in my descriptions.

Post more about the character

Probably like :
> holyballs this thing smells

>she's only a skinny little girl
>Is she starts chanting or waving her hands, just put a bolt in her
>OH GOD HER NAILS ARE SHAPR
>MY SPLEEN
>HOW CAN SHE LIFT A FULL PLATE ARMORED KNIGHT LIKE THAT
>WHY CAN SHE THROW HIM FOR DISTANCE
>SEND HELP OH GOD SHE'S TOUCHING MY LIVER
Always double check the ancestry of a changeling before you try and burn her as a witch. Pretty=/=greenhag's daughter.

"My, what a handsome lizard that is, he must be the chief of his clan."

I am told that is what humans mean when they scream at me.

KNEES WEAK
ARMS ARE HEAVY
THERE'S VOMIT ON HIS SWEATER ALREADY

Dungeons the Dragoning game. Dryad race, Wraith exaltation. Looks like a cute plant girl right up until her physical form starts to decay and dissolve as she stands astride the boundary between life and death.

Her primary focus is actually beating down other asshole undead, but against the living she has a habit of just tearing their souls out their bodies.

That sounds pretty cool.

This is not entirely inaccurate.

>Well, he may be trained by the Guard, but as long as I'm careful I should be oka-
>Is that a fucking bolter?

YELELE YELELELELE LELELELE

>fuck this thing?
>ow, fuck what's going on?
>shoot it! It's obviously an enemy!!
>but it hasn't even done anything!
>ow fuck, my head is killing me!
>what the fuck, I'm hitting it but it doesn't do anything!!
>ow fuck my head owowowowow!!!
>fuck this I'm out, look that guy is bleeding out of his ears!! OW WHAT THE FUCK!!

Being a superhero who attacks with waves and can turn into radioactive energy is great guys! The enemy can't attack you conventionally and they don't even know who is attacking them!!
Mutants and Masterminds 3e, I have Insubstantial (energy) and my powers are subtle (2) so my character doesn't even make any motions when he attacks somebody, so it looks like people around you are dropping left and right with their brains boiling out of their ears

I imagine they all think some variation of "I really fucking hate dwarves"

its just some guy they said, isnt even a mage they said- he punched the humonculous to death in the first round

>In retrospect attacking the guy in full leather armor who was carrying three different weapons and a buckler wasn't such a great idea.

>It's just an undead, can't be that hard and OH GOD IT KILLED PAUL! PAAUUUL!

Why does this mysterious force keeps me fighting into the slaughter? Half of our men are already gone! Why aren't we running for our lives or surrendering?!!! HELP! SOMEONE! STOP THIS MADNESS!

They fail all their shooting rolls so spectacularly that they jam their weapons. And they're Ork's mind you so you'd expect them to be shooty, but nope! Seven sessions in and my Only War Heavy Gunner character has not suffered a single point from being shot, she either soaks all damage or the Orks jam their guns.

It'd be ridicules if it wasn't for the Ork Warbiker who rammed her into a buggy and sent her from 17 wounds into Crit 4!

>Is that a kid?
>*explosions*

>Get a load of this guy.

NEVER SHOULDA COME HERE

YOU PICKED A BAD TIME TO GET LOST, FRIEND

>I just sorta feel bad for him.

>"lol that guy's like 4 feet tall and blind, we can take hi-"
>ally's partially flash-frozen head goes rocketing by him at about 90 mph
>"N-NANI?"

>look it's three average looking guys, let's mug them
>DEAR GOD THEY ALL HAVE PISTOLS AND WE ONLY HAVE KNIVES!
My party isn't very threatening.

"...The crusade against the eastern heathens has stalled miserably: many of their castles and fortresses are long under siege yet none show any sign of breaking, even after so many months with no hope of relief. Even worse, something unnatural is afoot in these lands. The last leaves around here have fallen far, FAR too early; the troops now draw mist with every breath, even at noon, in the dead of summer of all damn seasons! Mysterious torrential rains strike from nowhere to bog down our carts, pack animals, and entire logistical corps in mud. We even have emergency orders to scavenge clothes and other supplies from the dead and terminally ill because nowhere near enough food, drink, blankets, or spare coats are reaching our depots. The men also rumour that Oberst Langenwald is literally begging High Command for permission to withdraw at these signs, saying we can't sustain this siege for much longer. The Unteroffiziers tell me the early winter and sudden rainstorms are all the work of a single heathen battlemage rather than nature. This has to be false, otherwise that would mean this one heathen sorcerer is capable of magic on scales never seen since the days of the Olde Empire.

But assuming there is truth to this hearsay, then we face one mighty opponent indeed. Not even the full might of the Republican Army can prevail against a mage of such calibre, one who uses such powerful spells so strategically. To be honest, this concept may be plausible after all: my Unteroffiziers and their instincts have never been wrong before this point and it's hard to doubt them now. If they're right... then embarking on this crusade was a big mistake and all our forces are fucked. I hope Langenwald succeeds in getting us the fuck out. Fuck this shit, want to go home..."

- excerpt from a letter found on a frozen corpse, later identified to be that of Oberleutnant Frederik Mayer, 2. Platoon, Caesar Kompany, 4. Battalion, 82. Infanterie-Regiment

>"I know I am but a lonely highwayman on a deserted road, but surely an armor-clad knight, a witch, a beast woman, a crazed pirate, and a magical walking suit of armor are no match for me! Huzzah!!!" - The Highwayman thinks to himself before charging directly at the party.
I feel your pain, user. I wish I wasn't the only one I know who thinks "not charging directly at the PCs and waiting to attack them one at a time" makes me a master tactician.

that Highwayman was married with kids you sick puppy

>"Dear god, that man's huge. And built like he lifts boulders for a living. Eh, he's probably dumb and slow, typical cheap muscle OH SHIT HE IS WAY TOO FAST! OH GOD! HE'S LIKE A BEAR! LIKE A BIG SHAVED BEAR THAT HATES PEOPLE! OH JESUS GOD I SEE DEMONS, I SEE DEMONS!

>there he is boys, our payday, ravinca's third most wanted criminal.
>he's a lot bigger than his picture
>that rapey gnoll grin is right on
>boss wiggles his fingers and the thing freezes on the spot
>"it's held, go get um boys!" he shouts
>the gnoll just stares at the boss with the hatred of a thousand suns
>we charge and start laying into the beast with the silver swords boos gave us as an advance
>suddenly guys start dropping with little arrows in their necks, eyes and other important bits.
>one guy spots two halflings hiding in the cauldron the beast is wearing like a backpack and calls it out
>one brave fool starts climbing only to sprout bolts from his eyes.
>the rest of us switch to crossbows and start lighting the cauldron up
>little fucks just duck down, normal bolts don't even get through the beasts skin
>suddenly all hell breaks loose as the beast roars in fury and mows down our front line with a single swing of it's greatax
>it runs through our gang right for the boss whos eyes keep getting bigger
>it reaches him and grabs him, chomping down on his neck
>hear the most awful wet slurping sound over bosses screaming
>boss withers up like a capri sun packet
>thing tosses him aside, wounds mostly healed
>that laugh
>that awful hyena laugh
>i don't stick around to see what happens next but i hear the screams
>i can still hear them screaming

Most of my characters advancement has gone into making him appear terrifying to face in combat, and he specializes in intimidation. So, usually I don't have to fight at all, but every once in a while I have to brutally butcher some poor fool to make sure I keep my reputation alive. I don't like to kill, but maintaining a brutal reputation ends up with me killing less people.

>Why is something giggling telepathically in my head... I can't see anything.
>I can see it now. I wish I couldn't, because thats a Giant Space Mantis
> Oh god, its hands hit harder than laser Pistols! Oh god, its eating me!!!!
>Curse this setting where few pirates/mercs require close combat training!

>Sir. Sir! Please step off the road and put the bottle down. Sir, put the bottle down. Keep your hands- *space taser noises*.

Traveller isn't kind to drunk, dirty old men without combat skills. That's what the party's bail fund is for.

> social character with only a pistol and moderate skill at it

Probably pretty confident. But we're a team and our murder machine PC is never far off.

>told to assassinate this guy catching onto our bosses' plan
>do a background check
>he's a pretty smart guy, a mechanic type, but apparently he has spent the past 30 years of his life living on a junkyard farm as a scrap salesman with his dad and then by himself
>on further review, it's apparent he has literally never been more than five miles from the junkyard until he started his adventure
>well this should be easy, he's kinda lumpy fat and an egghead so what could go wrong with just jumping him with a pipe
little did they know that the mild obesity and friendly southern oafishness was backed with 10 STR 10 INT
>local thugs beat to death with severed cactus by tobacco-spitting roboticist

It sounds a lot less like you're a superhero and more like you're a creepy murderer with superpowers.

Confidence at first, followed likely by very brief pain, tempered with relief that he's willing to let them go if they surrender their weapons and flee.

Tomato-tomato

>either he's RPing as his magic deck character
>Or he seriously plays DnD centered around his magic deck

I pity your group that is forced into your magical yiffy realm.

neither actually. the DM picked Ravnica as the setting and allowed me to bring back a character i'd played years ago when the stats i rolled were nearly identical. the character was made for a chaos vs law game in a friends custom setting, players were the chaos side for obvious reasons. rolled a gnoll and gave it the half vamp template cause i'd just figured out you could do that (was pretty new back then).

also, don't pity my group. the four of us had a lot of fun for over a year for that campaign. they still talk about the game fondly.

are there even enough hyena/gnolls to make a deck with? most of the hyenas i know are unhinged/unglued.

Skyrim_bandits.jpg

>Why are our swords drawn?
>Were we fighting something just now?
>My head hurts...

Normal encounter for my wizard. Can I wipe their memory? Great. If not then it goes something like this.

>What the, he disappeared! Probably just invisible, damn mage!
>Sir, were we in a maze before?
>A minotaur?!

Don't even need a maze spell when the same trick can be accomplished with some illusion spells.

>Boy, oh boy, I can't wait to be a normal wageslave on my completely normal job.
>What's wrong with night shifts? It's not like I have any hobbies anyway.
>Bill said they're gonna replace us all with dwarves because they can do two shifts in a row. Little fuckers.
>I need more coffee if I hope to survive this.
>Wait, who are those people with mohawks and trenchcoats?..
>OH SHI~
>...They used what? Stick'n'Shock? And my insurance doesn't cover it? I wish they used hollow point then.

>its just a hairy man
>its just a hairy monster man
>its just a hairy monster man who rips people in half
>its just a monster who rips peolple in half
>its just a monster

Sounds like trying to kill Hogger back in vanilla.

>look at this flamboyant motherfucker who dresses like that I'm going to steal everytOHSHIT

Whelp that's it for me then

That guy is a protagonist

>What the fuck was that
>What the fuck is this
>Where- HURK
>Why is my body all the way over there
>Fuck

However she wants them to feel

Enchantment!

yeah...
Donk was pretty much a raid boss.
i should not be allowed to large sized AND use monkey grip. that and 3.5 grapple was broken as fuck. add a bite that deals con damage and gives me temp hp... you better bring your whole guild and a shitload of rez items. his one weakness was his abysmally low will save. it was a running joke around the table, the dm would just ask me to fail another will save rather than roll a save. i was up to about 9 saves made by the end of the campaign and 14 deaths requiring a full rez. was still a hell of a good time. made the dm so mad he kept rolling out cleric kill squads with OP as fuck save-or-die effects on the leaders weapons. making an old school grognard pull his hair out in frustration is one of my crowing moments in gaming. best part was i had 4 int, i was literally to stupid to plan or participate in any complex strategy's. i'd just rush in swinging and kept coming out on top because the enemy was so focused on me my allies were almost never in danger, leaving them free to DPS like the sneaky little bastards they were.

It would be extremely painful for them.

that phrase really doesn't translate well into text

They're already bleeding out in the dirt before they've had a chance to feel anything.

GM here. The ones that can choose not to fight:
>Looks like it's just a fop and his female
bodyguard on a horse drawn cart.
>Big horse, though... Maybe that's one of them Ilona, or whatever...
>Wait, is the fop carrying a heavy ballista quarrel on his back? The hell's up with that.
>Bob, what the fuck you so excited about... She's famous? What fucking poster?
>Give me that fucking thing... Okay, won the Tao Zahn- wait... THAT tournament?
>Sweet Abel Christ on a stick.
>Whaddaya mean the dude's famous too?
>Teleported catapul- are you hitting the sauce, man? How does one make catapults rain down on an army?
>Okay, okay, I get it, stop freaking out. Yeah, we ain't got enough guys... Let them pass.

The ones that can't:
>For God and the Supreme Archon, charge!
>Christ! Bill is down! Is that a GLOWING ERMINE MADE OF MALICE AND MURDER latched on his jugular?!
>Hit the wench! Wait, WAS SHE THAT MUSCLY BEFORE?! AND WHAT'S WITH THOSE HORNS?!
>OH CHRIST THAT'S A LOT OF LIGHTNING!
>Okay, I'm in charge now, target the man with the ballista quarre-
>So much for that group... shit... at least he's unarmed no- WHEN DID IT GET BACK IN HIS HANDS?!
>AND WHERE DID THAT DRAGON COME FROM?! IT WASN'T THERE LITERALLY THREE SECONDS AGO!
>FUCK, WE'RE SCREWED!

>A human skeleton doesn't have that many bones... And why won't it stop laughing?

>Don't fuck with the dude who delivers the mail (mail routinely being the Apocalypse, apparently)
We know of to packages the courier carried: the Platinum chip, and whatever the fuck they delivered to lonesome road that fucked everything up

>Skyrim_bandits.jpg
Seriously, for the love of God, how many dragon bones do I need to have strapped to me, and how high does my Speech need to be, before that Redguard cunt outside those towers on the road to Ivarstead can actually fall for intimidation?

Either: by the god of light, die demonworsh... wait. What.... OH GOD BEES!
Or: Stop right there, magical scum... Damn, he looks like He has a soul pact. Better kill him quick. Wait... Wha.... OH DEMONS BEES!

Raising and horribly warping a flesheating beehive was one of the brighter and more hillarious ideas of my necromancer so far

>Hey let's go kick the shit out of that ugly freak
>OH GOD WHY THE BUGS

Confident about taking on the pretty normal looking human. Very quickly degenerating into abject terror in the face of their utter helplessness once he manages to grab them.
Having a grapple CMD on par with a Kraken as a level 10 fighter catches people by surprise and being able to check to maintain AND perform two grappling actions in the same turn makes people question how many limbs you have.

>Oh he's just a dwarf
>Why is he clapping his gauntlets together?
>OH FUCK WHERE DID THAT GIANT BOULDER JUST COME FROM
>OH GOD A SANDSTORM WHAT IS THIS
>WHY IS HE JUST STANDING THERE WITH HIS HANDS HELD TOGETHER
>WHAT ARE THOSE GAUNTLETS

>Oh shit oh shit we should have taken the offer to surrender.

which system

>WHY THE FUCK ARE HIS FISTS/FEET ON FIRE?

>It's just some guy on horse
>A rather fast horse, he looks uncomfortable.
>Is he screaming for help?
>Well, that was an unusual sight.

>Why are his eyes burning
>Why is his sword whispering about my dead wife
>Why is my flesh melting

Don't worry, I boil their brains out non-lethally.

They have a moment of "Aha, we got the drop on this sucker!" and then I kill five of them with one melee attack. DnD 3.5 is baller.

>Highwaymen boss looking through a spyglass: Ha! Look at that rich flamboyant faggot coming! He's alone, has no armor, and wears more bling than a jewelry store. This is our lucky day! (passes the spyglass to his second in command)
>Second in command looking through the spyglass: I don't like the look of this guy - he looks way too pale.
>Highwaymen boss: Shut up, pussy! He's alone, we're 10, and he doesn't expect us. What could go wrong?
>Second in command: I have a bad feeling about this... Come on, boss, let him pass. We can rob someone else.
>Highwaymen boss: What the fuck is wrong with you, maggot! Stop questioning my orders! I'm the fucking boss here, and if I say we rob this guy, we rob this guy! (turning to one of his men) You give me your crossbow! I'll show you how it's done.

The combat that follows is way to brutal to be described in a SFW board.

Three combat rounds after the start of the ambush, 9 highwaymen are dead, their bodies horribly mutilated. The last living highwayman is getting emptied of his blood by the lonesome noble.

> Oh my god a giant spider!
> Wait, I smell gunpowder and... tea?
> Oh... of course he can do that. That's on us, we should have seen it coming.

>Oh, its just a dude in light armor. He looks weird though.
>What is he going to do with those swords?
>Isnt the air a bit chilly?
>Wait. Why is it so dark all of a sudden?
>HE IS EATING AWAY THE LIGHT.
>OUR WEAPONS GO THROUGH HIM WITHOUT HARMING IT.
>HE JUST SHOT SOMETHING AT TIM AND CLEAVED HIM IN HALF
>FUCK TIM
>ARE THOSE WINGS?
>WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY MADE OF?
>*INCOHERENT YELLING*

Nemesis with extra powers is a hell of a thing.

>There they are! Catch them!
>Don't let them get away!
>Be careful, they are armed and dangerous ronin!
>OW MY FOOT! SHE SHOT ME IN THE FOOT!
>CHIKUSHO, SHE'S HIT MY HAND! GET THIS ARROW OUT OF ME!
>THEY'RE GETTING AWAY, DON'T LET THEM!

This usually is what happens... unless we are confronted by bandit, in which case...

>I count three ronin... should be easy pickings.
>3...2...1... GET THEM
>Grab the woman, make sure she can't shoot us!
>Ah-ha! Now I've got y-
>The hell?! Did she just punch Chihahi out?

>let's trap their ship in shallow waters! haha! boarding party!

>wait why is their captain running headfirst into our ship we have six guys herEAOH MY GOD HE CUT THAT GUY IN HALF VERTICALLY

>Oh there's some noble
>He's wearing heavy armor but... dude, look at all the gold that he's got
>Oh fuck he's got magic
>Oh fuck he's got LOTS of magic
>OH FUCK HE HAS A CANNON
>IN HIS CHEST
>WHY DOES HE HAVE A CANNON IN HIS CHEST?!
>FUCK, RETREAT BEFORE HE BLOWS OFF SOMEONE ELSES' HEAD

>Haha look at this fuckin nerd
>Someone take his glasses
>What a fuckin limp dick
>Omg he poop his pants
>FUCKING dork
>He's probably off to go play some stupid rpg

>Bunch of random clowns, it will be easy to
>And they smashed all of our stuff. They are slightly faster than us and have much better gear and likely more skill.

Call in re-reinforcements.

>Against my Pathfinder Wizard
Probably confidence and determination followed by sudden realisation i'm a wizard
>Against my WFRP Dwarf
Determination to kill him before realising their weapons just bounce off his skin

>1.6m skinny 18 year old girl clothed in rags and furs

They probably feel bewildered and confused, and then terrified when she wildshapes into a bear and starts tearing throats.

>human monk who conjures Mage Armor and shoots magic missile, is charismatic, covered in ethereal scales, and is basically the tank thanks to being the only character with 0LA and Draconic Toughness feat
DM admitted the goblins were horrified when I revealed I could do magic since I was matching them in 3v1 in melee without it.

>"It's literally just a fuckin' knife-eared tart in leather. How hard could it be? She's got fuckin' daggers fer Chrissakes."
>"'Ey, 'ey you! Dark Elf! We ain't very appreciative o' yer kind 'round these parts 'ere. Why don'tcha leave us yer valua- Oh my fuck what just happened to Geoff?!"

13th Age. I play a not-warforged-honest and our GM is very generous in what high Strength can allow you to wield.
He broke out of jail by using his own cell door as a melee weapon to batter the guards unconsious.

he dindu nuffin
not all bandits

The mooks in the campaign I'm currently part of don't feel anything because the GM is legitimately an autist
Really makes it unfun to even try roleplaying because GMing to him is having a bunch of spreadsheets and dice rolling tables to consult. None of which have anything to do with social encounters