Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Nothing changed edition

Last >Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=asu5OuAckIE

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex (thank you Vladimir)
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crimson_Castellans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for orks.

2th for ash waste nomads.

2nd for summoning after disembarking

Can you disembark after summoning?

5th for old school castellens.

>Nth for people who shit on monopose metal models and praised plastic kits back in the day now defending monopose plastics kits that cost more than Forge World counterparts

So, what do you all think of:
>Foul Blightspawn? Unreliable crap or Heavy Infantry/Tank mulcher?
>Biologus Putrifier? Weak-ass buff or fantastic buff combined with the rest of the army?
>Roomba? Adorable but useless or adorable and useful?

8th for you can summon after disembarking

So what are the real winners for Mechanicus? So far, I've seen

>Dragoons definitely
>tellyportin makes electros lose their one downside
>corpuscarii
>sounds like Kataphrons got a point drop, that's good

The Codex is a flop but we got some nice gubbinz. RIP rangers though

I thought he was giving thumbs up for a moment

No

No

Stop posting

Ad mech is a curious faction. It turns out that the only winning strategy is not to play.

Every once in a while until you like it

Wargamers want more people to play. Show up, act interested, ask questions. They'll help you.

Seems good to have the Biologus and Foul Blightspawn together in a rhino with some Plague Marines.

Roomba seems cool for the buffs at least. I want 1 for that alone.

What am I supposed to feel?

Also ironlet seized and still lost to Girlyman and his Stormravens.

>RIP rangers though
Why? I hear they got slightly cheaper. My 4 Arquebi are rather happy with their Shroud Protocols.

Go engage in simulated self-replicatory activities, Heretek Omega.

Useful adorable, but not worth 3 unless you build around it or are in a large game.

Huh, that's pretty neat.

>4TH PLAGUE COMPANY
>The 4th Plague Company is ruled over by the gestalt Daemon known as the Eater of Lives. Its Legionaries carry the Eater Plague, also called drizzleflesh, pockchewer and the endless gift, and its inhuman master favours Sorcerers and summonation.

>here's one now

Death Guard seem like they can handle conscripts well. If only you can get up to them.

What are the best ways to move death guard up the battlefield?

I think the Palsy Festerers are overcosted but the Sneeze Bringers are definitely worth it.

What are your interests user?
The best way to make friends and be social is first to find people with common interests.

>Over the centuries, the Sorcerers of the Death Guard have concocted many outlandish names for these sects, based around the powers they exhibit. Thus were born the Malignant Plaguecasters, the Slopmaw Maggotmancers, the Cadaverous Faminebringers and many others.

Probably in a Rhino

Force Axes or Force Swords?

So other than daemon csm units like warp talons that can get buffed by daemons of the same alignment, is there any point in taking a mark of chaos on a unit that can't take an icon?

If not, could it mean that gw plans to make a daemonkin sort of deal where you get a bonus of all your units are KHORNE, TZEENTCH, etc?

Uh, no? Khorne bezerkers and leviathans dreads are the only units that handles conscripts well, with DCA, Electropriests, and a few other things as distant runners ups.

The only thing they've got going for them is poxwalkers, which can kill a few and add to their numbers. But that's it

Axes.

ok, but how it work if you don't have an army of your own. I can imagine that they are interested in new people with armies, but with those without out? wouldn't they just take up space at the store. But again am no great with the whole social thing.
To be honest you guys seem cool, I expected a lot worse .

They probably wouldn't mind if you didn't have an army yet.

They are going to be usually open to teaching you about the game.
Wargamers like to proselytize, but we're not the most social people ourselves. So we welcome the opportunity.

>the Malignant Plaguecasters™, the Slopmaw Maggotmancers™, the Cadaverous Faminebringers™

Faminebringer is still my favourite
>A Magical discipline revolving around lack of food

So I know you can grab Z's email from yoyhammer, but how? I've been lurking for over a week and haven't found jack, do I need to ask for it? It seems like that's what you don't do, but I dunno

Axes, the change in AP is usually fine for wounding most other stuff on 3's. (and to boot most challenge characters have a 4++/5++ that make the extra AP useless anyway)

Alright admech are in a bad spot, what kind of FAQ points drops would save them since their stats are set in stone now and too late to un-fuck?

well according to my doctor the stuff am interested in is not healthy and good for me. But on the other hand staying for years and years in my room, is also bad. so as part of the theraphy I have to do social stuff, and If I don't, the goverment will stop paying for my meds .

I like sleeping from more normal stuff.

Hey, from looking at the Daemon Prince sprue it looks like lots of parts have multiple options, is it possible to build 2 princes from one box?

Maybe Chapter Approved can save em.

Now im curious, what are your current intrests that are so bad?

Roomba is basically a Ravenwing Darkshroud reflavored for Death Guard. In other words it's a support unit that's good but not worth spamming.

No,

well I like to look flames, I like the colors and warmth, the different sizes and how it moves as is it was alive and I like its smell, because there as so many different types of smells of fire. And it is warm, and it doesn't talk or shout. And it bright even when it dark.

Just checked out the DG codex, why is all the new artwork so terrible?

It wouldn't be too hard to fix up the codex's utility with a few judicious point chops, especially with Cyraxus -eventually- doubling our number of usable units. In like, three years or whatever.

I'm just sad that my Ruststalkers are beyond saving just by a point drop. They're slower, less reliable and don't have FNP anymore. I have fifteen!

>new art
The arts been terrible for a while now.

Played this last night in what was agreed to be a 1500 point match. Had to call for time after turn 2 ended, with my having a 6-3 victory for my necron force.

Holy fuck I am never playing this guy again. This isn't the first time his lists have been way over. Our other friends have tried helping him list build but the man just can not math.

What's a good way to make the calth marines look at bit more chaosy?

>le connoisseur of artwork judges pictures in a space operas rulebook

I feel like Knights needed a buff or a point drop, since unless your opponent takes no anti-armor, you will loose your big guy very quickly.

You sound like a bit of a faggot. You should go and do wargameing. Make some friends.

I think the artwork is pretty good. It's still a lot better than anything I can do....

So your friend brought this to a 1500 game and you won 6-3 at turn 2?

Not sure how that works but he isn't bad at math, he's just cheating and hoping you don't call him on it. Even if he keeps doing it, he's just hoping you ignore it

How does it feel to be such a pleb?

what kind of person brings almost 3000 points to a 1500 point game
hope he gets in a car crash

Why would you play that in the first place?

user, where i can find some info about internal structure of hive ships? i read Orphan of Kraken and Advanced space crusade, what also?

Are these two units Pay-to-Win ?

What's the difference between the Hellblasters and the Hellblasters Combat Squad? Looks like the combat squad has half the guys for half the price, is there any other difference?

Wait, what did they do to ruststalkers?

NO, they are reminder how good SM legions were.

Literally it.

What you represent, good user, is a chance for them to nerd out about how cool their hobby is to someone who doesn't already know. Most nerds love that shit. Take it.

Read your codex.
>Combat Squads: Before any models are deployed at the start of the game, a Hellblaster Squad containing 10 models may be split into two units, each containing 5 models.

They're nowhere close to Magnus, typhus, celestine or guilliman

how many times can a unit fire overwatch?

Looks like 1 turn of Lychguard or Heat Ray + 2x Death Ray to me. Not very intimidating.

i dont think marines with bolters and chainaxes are strong enough to be called p2w but whatever

as many times as the narrative demands

>necron

Infinite, unless it is locked in combat from a successful charge.

Yuuup. Calling him out now in Messenger.

Cause I don't read other army's rules and such. There's an honor system with my group of friends for lists but clearly he has violated it.

I mean it's the equivalent of asking someone for 4 apples and he brings 7.

>Whoops, i didn't know that wasn't 4

Reduced their effective move rate from 12 to 8, took away their feel no pain and took away their AP, replacing it with an unreliable mortal wound gimmick.

They're really bad in 8th.

gotcha, thanks. the T'au "greater good" rule had me wondering.

Give me some Death Guard lists!

I am so indecisive. I love everything but can't create a full list.

Anyone else think the AdMech video voiceover sound like Cabal from Tiberian Sun?

Looking to order some models from Z for the first time, can someone confirm if this is his email
[email protected]
where the numbers for X add up to 27?

How to use pic related well ? What units should I pair him with ?

nah, expensive points wise, often specialized and pale in comparison to tough 40k units

Lieutenant, snd ancient, put 2 10 man squads of heavy hellblasters within range, and have fun

Oh, right. I thought you meant they'd nerfed them again in the move from index to codex. Small mercies, I suppose.

Celestine is in no way up to par when compared to the rest of those guys

That's the one exception. A unit that uses that rule can't fire overwatch again.

is TeamKill fun?

yes

Do you mean kill team? It was fun last edition.

Is there a list of all Renegade SM that act as mercenaries? Not chaos-worshipping actively.

Dunno bout a list, but maybe the Crimson Castellans?

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crimson_Castellans

Got it, i was stunned, it looked like it ment that they wont be able to fire their own overwatch, as in "they get only one and they waste it helping another guy".

Thanks again.

NO, FUCK YOU FOR BEING 'THAT GUY' YOU TEAM KILLING FUCK

>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crimson_Castellans
Pretty tired of painting red and black honestly but thank you, there's a list of renegade chapters on that link!

Have you tried emailing him with it ?
Because i get a automated "lol no such adres" response

bump

>death guard
Dude mortal wounds lmao

>thousand sons
Dude death guard cucked us of our niche lmao

> the army that rots your soul does mortal wounds
Weird right?

> ts have always been all about mortal wound
How could you be so wrong?

>TSons are about psychic powers
>psychic powers this edition have been reduced to buffing your units, debuffing enemy units or dealing mortal wounds
Same difference.