The Evil Overlord is reported to be a very kind and generous man to his nefarious henchmen...

The Evil Overlord is reported to be a very kind and generous man to his nefarious henchmen, protecting their families and ensuring they live in comfort and saftey, offering numerous benefits for joining his evil forces such as promising their loved ones livelihood in the event of their death, ample health care, and regulated vacation time, and continually promotes meritorious deeds and gives fair and equal punishment based on the severity of failure, with at least one opportunity to redeem oneself.

This results in almost all of his men being fanatically loyal.

Meanwhile the Kingdom he opposes just uses its vast treasury to hire mercenaries and levy conscripts from their fiefdoms.

Anime screencap about dark lord's minion expecting punishment dot joint photographic image group

Yes, and...? Sounds about right honestly.

Sounds like a good guy.

Then he's not an Evil Overlord dipshit.
He's just a different ruler.

Ever thought about investing in Undead? No need for supply lines, no pay, no morale to worry about. Just good old fashioned killing for the price of a bit of magic!

Visit your local Necromancer today!

And put all those soldiers out of work? Are you trying to cause dissatisfaction among the people?

Here ya go.

>Bad guy is actually GOOD and NOBLE, and WELL-INTENTIONED
>It's YOU who are the bad guys really!
So tired of this meme.

What's the dudes goal though?

They never said that, just that he's kind to his minions. For all we know that could include extra children to eat.

And the good guys rely on mercenaries and levies because they were peaceful enough and unthreatened that they never made an army.
So arming they hire mercenaries (the PCs) to train and lead the peasants in battle.

World domination, obviously.

He just wants to reward the guys who are winning it for him.

Nobody said the bad guy is good and the good guys are evil.
>Bad guy has evil intentions but still cares about his underlings
>Good guys are defending their home using the military system they have been using for centuries
Nobody wants to fight for a warlord who executes his commanders for losing one battle, but if your commander offers you riches, slaves, women, and titles, men would line up to join his army.

No divine edict, no sovereign.

Kill the evil and vile heretic.

promptly lose anyway because conscripts are a fucking joke against a professional military and he can probably buy those mercenary companies out from under me or they turn tail and run after the first few battles.

He promptly gets fined by the Administration of Evil Overlords for not executing his henchmen on a regular basis and not outfitting them with faceless, dehumanizing armor.

I seen what happens when you do this. You get unmade.

Sounds alright to me. What makes him evil? He sounds rad so far.

Mustache?

This is the second time I see this screencaps. What is the anime? What is the context of this scene(who is the minion guy? Who is the dark lord? What empire are they talking about? Who are their protagonist-enemy?...)

>This results in almost all of his men being fanatically loyal.

What he does to the families of those who betray him also helps keep the rest loyal.

What is his tax policy?

you're just retarded.

One of the pre-gundam robot anime, I think.

Doesn't mean shit if he's still going around being an evil murderous ass hole to others.

A good boss can still be evil.