>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:
What's your party like, /5eg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iglMj
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

last party ended with fire wizard, fire warlock, fire cleric, and Smokey the bear.

What're people's thoughts/reviews on all the released UAs so far?

They're a bunch of dicks. I'm the only good character in an evil party, but my dm insists the campaign is "neutrally aligned" and won't let me retire him and make a new one.

What are some cool enchantments to add onto a Bone Rapier? I figure just extra damage is boring. The PC it's for is a homebrew Anti-Undead Warlock.

A storm cleric, who does ok.
An assassin rogue, who has some good luck and rolls nice.
A knowledge cleric, who is useless af in and out of combat, but hes super shy so that's that.
Me as a kinda useless Wild Magic Sorc since my DM never lets me roll on the table.
Our DM who is the biggest shitter of them all.

Last session I found out that this shitshow is way better when you're drunk.

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
>imgur.com/a/iglMj
>
>Tortle Package (pdf)
>mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

nice

So my Phandelver campaign is wrapping up but something has been bothering me the whole time, why the fuck does the Black Spider even need the map to the cave? He shows up there regardless of whether he has it or not.
Does he only want it so he can get to the forge faster? If so why does he beat the party to the cave immediately after his dopplerganger was trying to get the map?

Has he always known where the forge is and just wants to destroy the map so no one else can get to it, cause that's what I'm probably going to change it to if not.

>human druid that wants to fuck a dryad
>aasimar paladin trying to cleanse the world of gnolls
>drow ranger hunting escaped driders
>halfling rogue dodging debt collectors
>tiefling fighter who just wanted to buy an illusion item so they stop getting shit on

Barbarian King who hogs all the magic items and gives them away to NPCs even when two other party members don't have +1 weapons yet.
His Queen, Evocation Wizard, who gets incredibly pissed if anyone else kills anything before she can, hates all NPC spellcasters and tries to drive them away.
A Tiefling Paladin with two shields who spends all his downtime trying to bang random women and constantly tries to derail the plot
A Beastmaster/Arcane Trickster/Arcane Archer/Warlock who can't fucking settle on a class and complains endlessly about how weak he feels
The party bard who got bored with his character and dropped it, then made a Druid who he got bored with and dropped, and is now a Cleric
Me, a Dragonborn sorcerer who just tries to keep everyone on task

What deity would work for a Lizardman Nature Cleric? Preferably non-evil. And preferably not gay-ass Silvanus.

>tiefling battlemaster
>eladrin rogue
>wood elf druid
>dwarven paladin
bit of a buddy comedy between the dwarf and the eladrin as the tiefling and druid collectively sigh and play complentary controllers

He knew where it is without the map and just wanted to prevent that others find it aswell, thats why he wants the map afaik

IIRC, he gets a peek at the map when it's at Cragmaw Castle, and immediately sets off. Guy has a good memory.

They range from okay to pretty bad. Most all of them need some sort of tweak before I'd let them in a game. You're better off perusing the reddit homebrew pages. Some quality in there.

just pick an evil god and have your character worship the non-evil parts of it. That's what most people in the real world do.

Not trying to be fedora tipping, but God does kill an awful lot of people in the good book.

I guess Zehir could work. I could get Poison Spray as a cantrip to make it fit thematically.

>What's your party like
I have many parties

Clone will have to do I suppose, thanks.

Hi Spriteanon

KA (that's the fucking carnosaur)

>Discord link removed
Based dwarf poster

You guys use AC for objects? I thought damage thresholds were better.

A Wood Elf Paladin who took a squire but doesn't do anything with him
An Eladrin Lore Wizard who can't stop pantsing people with mage hands
A Human Swashbuckler who is a klepto with a 5 minute attention span
An Orc Barbarian who just wants to make gold but gets stuck with a bunch of assholes

Half the plot is us just getting into to trouble and trying to escape.

>What's your party like, /5eg/?
Dex fighter battlemaster noble Elf (supposed to be like Legolas) (and forgets she has maneuvers)
Tiefling draconic sorcerer that likes to burn shit.
Dragonborn paladin who spends all his time spending his reactions to give disadvantage to enemies.
Half elf warlock who barely knows the rules but can eldritch blast like a motherfucker.

I'm the DM.

We're all pretty new and the RP is still awkward but some character moments are starting to shine through. Finding it a bit challenging to extract more of that from my players

>what's your party like
Unicorn Homebrew Sorcerer
Earth Pony Redemption Paladin
Teenage Purple Dragon Storm Barbarian
Pegasus Battlemaster crossbow fighter

we're like a big happy dysfunctional family and we're gunna kick strahd's butt

What's the favorite character you've played? Race, class, subclass, any MC or defining feats, etc?

>Be forever DM
>Finally finish a campaign and player offers to take over
>Want to play a true neutral Medical doctor (Wizard)
>Desire to learn and further knowledge through dissection and experimentation
>Naturally gravitate towards necromancy as next logical step in medicine
>New DM tells me skeletons pulling me on a chariot through town is "evil" and I would be "instantly killed"

Wew. How do I make necros fun Veeky Forums?

at this rate I might as well go something dull like abjurer

Be the big bad or save it for an evil party.

Aarakocra Circle of the Moon Druid with War Caster, played him only for an one-shot, was fun.

For example turning into a Giant Octopus in the midst of a tavern brawl and later fucking the BBEG with Hold Person.

Dress the skeletons in heavy robes that conceal their features?
Have a personal skeleton butler tend to your every desire when you're out of civization so you can still lead a 'civilized' lifestyle?

Degenerates like you belong on the cross.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

>What's your party like, /5eg/?
Drow devotion paladin soldier, Variant Tiefling Arcane archer fighter acolyte, Dwarf tempest Cleric Guild Artisan. Aaand we just started CoS. How do you think we'll do?

>My character desecrates corpses and makes them pull his chariot in a display of hubris!
>But he's totally NOT evil
Please kill yourself.

>things that never happened.png

What are your thoughts on female DMs? Do you think they can pull interesting campaigns?

>but doesn't do anything with him
Are you telling me that the knife ear isn't trying to fuck his squire? Shameful display, onii-senpai.

I hate this screencap so fucking much. It might as well end with "And then everybody stood up and clapped, and a passerby gave me a crisp new dollar bill". This story is so obviously fake and one-sided, it's not even funny.

>my paladin burns people alive and then robs their corpse!
>but he's totally NOT evil

Elf ranger, orc fighter, dwarf cleric, tiefling warlock. Planning on killing the warlock soon. Maybe a couple unlucky "crits" will come his way soon.

Do you think they can touch a TTRPG without turning it into a soap opera about feefees?

Is the bodak pretty bullshit for its CR?

Back to /r9k/.

Would you enjoy playing in a campaign like this?

Why not, last time I checked a female can be exactly as autistic as a male.

The only female DM I've ever played with is my friend's mom. She knows most of the rules but only runs premade modules. However she has been playing D&D since the 80s so it's kind of a different group. Other than that haven't heard of many female DMs. Most women dont' care enough for the hobby to bother trying. The only women I've seen playing for any reason besides "muh boyfriend" were literally 3/10s and below. They literally are a different species.

>This is what corpsefuckers ACTUALLY BELIEVE

(You)

Sounds like a railroad. Women mistakes everyone wanting to have fun with playing in her personal novel.

Write a book instead.

>What's your party like.
>Tiefling Devotion Paladin. Had mercy on a random bandit that attacked us and has effectively turned him into his squire. Said bandit now carries the team. Wants to learn of the worlds religons and deities.
>High-Elf Assassin Rogue. Quiet and awkward as shit. More than makes up for it with insane combat rolls.
>Half-Elf Valor Bard. May or may not be looking for his mother, who's some war hero.
>Human Champion Fighter. War veteran. Likes money.

Ex-members:
>Variant Human Wild Magic Sorcerer. Ex-street rat. Basically became a shekelmaster and would do anything for gold. Almost died drinking an incredibly deadly unknown vial of liquid after he was offered 5 gold to down it.
>Half-Orc Totem Barbarian. Quick to start a fight. Got the curse of Lycanthropy, then drank a potion that aged him (and the curse) by three years. Dissapeared in wolf form during a battle, has yet to be seen.

Couldn't your character just NOT use his spooky scary skeletons in places that would forbid it?

This isn't a campaign, this is a bunch of chicks sharing their diaries.

>campaign is 80% dialogue

If you don't like this woman post about it on your vlog. The reality is that 99% of us will never even see a female DM so there's no point discussing it.

>You slay your enemies who were mere seconds ago trying to murder you
>Whoa guys lets not disrespect the dead now
>Not reusing their corpses for your parties gain
>The skeletons pulling your chariot have to be humanoid

It's only neutral user.

How so?

how can it be ToA leaks if it was for sale at my gamestore when I was there LAST tuesday?
I had a copy in my hands and flipped through it

Can they? Sure. No doubt in my mind. Does it ever happen? I seriously doubt it.

cool pic user

Any good tips or resource on getting my party members more active in the game instead of sitting there bored?

If you genuinely do not understand why killing a guy can be fine, but making his corpse a meat puppet and dragging him with you as some kind of trophy is not, you might be autistic.

>corpses who's honor I have defended: IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
>Corpses whom have rewarded me with sex:

Have you tried asking what they want? Are you even the DM?

>Letting you touch it means it for sale
>Playing LG

Most things parties do are morally evil, they murder sentient beings for a job to steal their loot.

Literally just ask them what theyre doing at any given moment, create situations where they are away from their party and have to operate alone, give them skill checks that they're the best at so they have to step up.

>Adventurers are actually EVIL, and the bad guys are actually opressed minorities
Okay, I have nothing more to say to you.

>A wood elf rogue that plays nothing but rogue and always do lolsorandumb stuff
>A life cleric that's crusading
>A fire genasi monk that tries not to set things on fire

I'm the OotA Paladin that kind of keeps things together.

Not the DM, just another player but I'm afraid this group will fall apart from apathy. Was hoping to hear some tips on helping others ease into RP

I actually like some of the rule ones (initiative, variant rules, etc), and the extra feats.

Pretty meh about class options so far.

>tfw my adventuring group bludgeons evildoers into submission and returns them to town to face legal judgment
>the only loot we acquire is our just reward or ill-gotten gains fetched from the ruins we explore, unless they are part of a tomb or culturally and architecturally significant display which should be preserved by the local archaeology department

>Letting you touch it means it for sale
I actually stopped supporting my LGS because of this. If they are going to put shit up for display but not let me buy it then why the fuck is it on display like it's on sale? Fucking deceptive sales tactics to make me want the book more and thus be more open to its ridiculous price. No way. Not going back to that FLGS ever again.

Start looking for a new group. You can't force people to enjoy D&D if they don't want to, but you can salvage the players who haven't had it ruined for them yet.

Grognards detected, RP focused campaigns are the best

>tfw my adventuring group bludgeons evildoers into submission and returns them to town to face legal judgment
Does your mayor ever get tired of hanging people, or does your campaign run on 21th values with state of the art humanitarian prisons?

They're both bad user. You probably haven't matured enough in tabletop to realize this.

RP campaigns are fine. Spending 4 hours watching each other cry into a pillow is not RP.

For people who've read the last chapter of ToA, what level party do you think the tomb of the nine gods is actually suited for? Going to let my boys have a second crack at it with minmax character when it inevitably kills them the first time.

This is my edgelord character. Fighter 1/Warlock *

What tropes have you got for someone who made a pact with a devil and making them a "good" guy.

Still teaching myself to draw but critiques welcome.

There's nothing mature about being a contrarian.

Nothing wrong with heavy RP. If 80% of the campaign is dialogue, though... yeah, that's a whole different beast.

Ends justify the means.
Maybe he was fucked over by something/someone so powerful he needed an external power boost?

Most nations in D&D settings are technologically and culturally past the "cut off their heads" or "put 'em in the oubliette" period of the Middle Ages' criminal justice system.

We've got prisons. They aren't great but the 30 goodly Gods that everyone worships say you shouldn't just execute people for being shitbirds, unless they were real big shitbirds.

>What tropes have you got for someone who made a pact with a devil and making them a "good" guy
Fuck that, make your character a bad guy. But not an ordinary bad guy, no. THE Bad Guy. Just follow the footsteps of the best.

>you shouldn't just execute people for being shitbirds
And you wonder why the hills are swarming with bandits and necromancers. Stop being a fucking pussy and you'll be amazed by how quickly your problems go away.

I had a warlock once who had a spirit housed in him as a baby by his parents. During the ceremony, the local paladin brigade burst in and killed everyone, and saved the baby. He was raised as a cleric by the order until his warlock powers began to show. He was raised right and had a good nature, so the elder's explained to him what happened with his parents. being a good boy, he chose to instead walk the path of good and use his vile powers to instead to good, to spite the demon within him and to learn how to suppress it better, with the hopes of one day ridding himself of the entity.

It's because the "squire" has a normal human lvl 1 stat block, bringing him anywhere is dangerous. Good thing we didn't drag him along on this adventure as our party Klepto and the Paladin managed to get us sucked into another plane.

user, the demonic lords encourage the growth and spread of both professions because they know it drives us goodly men away from the light. As our souls become tainted and we draw ever closer to murderous vengeance, we become a tastier prize for the denizens of the burning hells than any multitude of nefarious acts by already doomed men.

Only by capturing these men while retaining our purity and working to reform and guide their souls back to the path of righteousness can we shatter the foul powers' strength and aid the angelic hosts who have already done so much for us, and ensure victory for the forces of good in the battle at the end of days.

>grognards hate roleplaying
This meme needs to die. Grognards don't hate roleplaying. They hate ""roleplaying"" that involves "lmao nat20" and chaotic randumb shit.

Is there a fairly accepted 5e class/subclass tier list yet?

If I cast a concentration spell of any kind and then move to another plane, willingly or not, can you still concentrate on it?

Say for example I cast Haste on someone. Now we're in different planes. Does it still work?

So did you take any levels as a cleric before warlock?

>tier list
>>>/pfg/

Nope.

Spells don't work across planes unless the spell specifically says so

>tier list
This is not 3.5. Other than fullcasters being on top and PHB ranger being firmly on the bottom, nothing is really solid.

>implying wizards are not still stronger than fighters
>implying that ranger is not the shittiest it's been since 3.5
>implying that monk is anything more than an inferior fighter whose only benefit is a soft benefit of being useful in a "gun control" setting