How dangerous would be a gunslinger with super senses and reflexes?

How dangerous would be a gunslinger with super senses and reflexes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NEuZgK669zY
youtube.com/watch?v=XsU5AMxvlKg
youtu.be/lLk1v5bSFPw
youtube.com/watch?v=hujvVmuLuoM
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRBp4t9A8LbM0ZDdkRObHdzX0E/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on exactly how high the supersenses and reflexies are in this context. The capacities of the gun user could frankly range from "consistently headshot enemies" to "Contessa brain surgery"

depends on the system.
Using some of the gunslinger examples from 5e shows that they can take a single shot at their initiative +10, never be surprised, and always have high initiative and have 3 shots / turn. Its abstract though because called shots dont exist in 5e and everyone just has meatpoints.

Depends on the gun

Decently but not obscenely?

No matter how fast and accurate they are, the gunslinger is still going to be bound by the laws of physics. The gun will only mechanically fire so fast, no matter how quickly you pull the trigger. A six-shooter still only has six bullets and needs to be reloaded. No matter how accurate your eyes are, bullets are still affected by gravity and wind, and being a good shot doesn't change the amount of kinetic force and speed imparted.

It might be easier for them to put a bullet into a guy's face, but it isn't going to do more damage once it gets there. And they're never going to outshoot a proper automatic weapon, as that revolver mechanically can't move that quickly.

Depends on if he remembers the face of his father.

mechanical skill and aptitude will always take a backseat to intelligence and tactics. If your slinger can react faster than anyone but doesn't plan ahead then he isn't more dangerous than three guys waiting on the other side of a door. Even if he's fast enough to outdraw 4 people with the jump on him at once, what if he's so thoughtless that he didn't think to bring his gun to the loo?

Consider things like reflex and sense to be resources that require smarts or at least experience to utilize effectively. So the answer is that his dangerousness is proportionate to how much the situation relies on having super senses and reflexes, which in turn will rely on how canny he is to be able to control the situation.

tl;dr:
An idiot who can kill 6 men in 3 seconds will still lose to a smart man with 7 friends.

Incredibly dangerous.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEuZgK669zY

>An idiot who can kill 6 men in 3 seconds will still lose to a smart man with 7 friends.
Not if the idiot has two guns. Then it would take twelve friends.

>as that revolver mechanically can't move that quickly.

That's where you're wring, kiddo
youtube.com/watch?v=XsU5AMxvlKg

Now whenever the DM says it unrealistic that I can take 8 shots in 6 seconds I'll show him this.

at first i though the dude was cocky as fuck

then im like
yknow what
he's earned it

People get good man.
youtu.be/lLk1v5bSFPw

But even so, give the gunslinger more modern weapons. Rapid fire bullseye.

>An idiot who can kill 6 men in 3 seconds will still lose to a smart man with 7 friends.

Well, assuming that the last dude still has the morale to keep going after that. I mean, he did just see all his allied gunned down.

I don't think super senses and reflexes would necessarily make you a good shot. You'd need...

Skill? Dexterity? Hand-Eye Coordination, whatever.

You'd notice them quickly and from far away, or even from behind, and that might give you the chance to get lots of free shots on them. But your sense and reflexes won't necessarily make your shots hit.

fight scenes in that movie were so goofy

Assuming that Roland is the best example available and he remembers the face of the father then a gunslinger is capable of taking down +50 people armed with melee weapons. So I'd say pretty powerful in the right setting.

Now if you're adding truly spider-man levels of super senses then he could probably take down that many people armed with guns easily.

About as dangerous as an action movie hero.

Point proven, his lethality literally doubles based not specifically on his skill, but rather his foresight.

>5e
>Gunslinger
What? Where?

a nicely balanced reddit homebrew.

I need this in my life. Link?

before a certain point it's just your average western protagonist

>I know nothing about guns

A lot of the time, actual old West gunslingers who were prolific and had a high kill count weren't actually that technically skilled. In fact I vaguely recall one gentleman who was feared and respected for good reason, and he almost came in dead last in a shooting competition that was held at the time.

In those days, skill did indeed matter, but what also did matter was huge brass balls. It takes a huge amount of willpower to not flinch, instinctively move, etc, when somebody is shooting at you.

from what I remember, Wyat Earp was slow as fuck, but he would just stand there while people shot at him, draw, carefully aim, and put them down

To say nothing of the guys who just got the jump or shot people in the back. Most wild west myths were way overblown by hollywood later. Still, it's fun to fantasize

>To say nothing of the guys who just got the jump or shot people in the back.
Which would have been my style.
>Going to gunfight
>Shoot guy in the back from 100 yards
>I live, they die
>WinRAR

This is basically how it worked, or, just fucking random chaos like the OK Corral shootout. And certainly no one actually had any fucking duels

>tfw Manga "secret technique" bullshit is actually real, we were just looking in the wrong place

In my Japanese Animus, it's always some weirdo living out in the woods who can perform the ultimate move of the Shingen-Nitsu-Rugi-Ryu style.

It only makes sense that the ultimate practitioner of the Redneck Ruby Ridge style is some hick from Missouri.

>And certainly no one actually had any fucking duels
Does Hickok's killing of Davis Tutt count? They met in the street and shot at each other.

Of course, they didn't do any goofy fast draw shit and Wild Bill plugged him from 75-yards, but still.

yeah but it was less of a duel and more they ran into each other, Tutt started shooting, Hickcock drew, aimed, and plonked Tutt while he spammed bullets like a fucking gang banger

>It only makes sense that the ultimate practitioner of the Redneck Ruby Ridge style is some hick from Missouri.
Live there and can confirm. There are shooters with almost no peer living in the mountains of Arkansas and Missouri.

True enough.

I like how in the movie they explained the "gunfu" as being interpreted from hundreds of movie fight scenes broken down and examined for enemy placement. I need to wonder a few things.
1: how far has society advanced that they either don't recognize that these movies are scripted or that people don't act like they do in movies during shoot-outs
2: how they apparently do not take the time to assess the situation and instead fire through a pre-practiced set of shots that are supposed to blanket an entire 3d space.
3: how many fucking bullets they go through
4: what is the hit percentage

user i...
youtube.com/watch?v=hujvVmuLuoM

Now, I'm guessing the Guinness Book's officials checked it, but I'd still want to inspect his ammo. An old showman's trick from the wild west era was to fire birdshot when people thought you'd just fired one bullet. If you were shooting at something where it looks the same no matter what pierces it, (like the balloons he's using for targets) you could be the worst marksman in the world and nobody would know it.

Bob Munden has been tried and true over and over again young one. He's legit, no has ever come close to his speed.

They literally show you the slow-motion cap in the video.

The movie train of thought was "let's take the concept of kata from martial arts and apply it to guns."

>forgetting the face of your father

Don't get me wrong, I'm suitably impressed by his speed. It's just that my first instinct is to doubt his accuracy when firing that fast and I know of a trick that could have been used to cover up a lack of accuracy. But, again, and as you said, the man has surely been closely scrutinized and I'm willing to take it on faith.
I saw, but it's extremely low quality, could you see the bullet leaving the barrel? I didn't.

Wasn't he shooting blanks? So basically spraying hot gasses and bits of burning powder out the barrel?

Keanu Reeves IRL can do all the shooting shit he can do in john wick. The skill he has at shooting is higher than most swat teams. Did you watch john wick? It'd be like that, mixed with Spider Man.

He did several in the video with bullets in the chamber, only the first ones were blanks.

he changed the bullets when he fired at the baloons.

It's not from movie fight scenes, it's from reconstructed real gun battles.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRBp4t9A8LbM0ZDdkRObHdzX0E/view
he's probably talking about this

>what is the hit percentage
"Rote mastery of the art (gun kata) will increase firing efficiency by no less than 120%", according to the movie.