pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:
What's YOUR favored enemy, /5eg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/Adventures/Tomb of Annihilation.pdf
sendspace.com/file/z9rtaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF DRAGONBORN

How come we had VGtM and TftYP pdfs even before they hit the shelves, but proper ToA pdf is still nowhere to be seen a week after release?

2/3

3/3

WoTC offered digital versions on roll20, fantasy grounds, and dnd beyond from day 1. Enough former pirates have made the switch over. (Personally I think they've been sucked into paying a monthly subscription for a service-product that won't even be there after a few years.)

fortunately for you, i was looking for the same thing earlier this week
1/?

2/?

3/?

I tend to take one that comes up a lot and one that is much more bizarre.
So humanoid is always going to be #1 for me and then something like aberration

>Favored Enemy
I enjoy playing against the DM's casters during a combat.
What I do is ready my action to cast a spell and when the enemy casts their spell I counter it with a thematically appropriate spell.
>Enemy casts Lightning Bolt
>I cast lvl3 puppet to wretch his hands, redirecting the spell into the open air.
>Enemy casts Ice storm
>I cast wall of stone and form a dome over myself
>Enemy casts erupting earth
>I cast maximillians earthen grasp and attempt to stand on the hand that pushes out of the earth, keeping away from the churning rocks below.
RAW you have to declare the spell that is being cast as you ready it but DM agrees that this way of caster combat is more fun that counterspell spam.

4/?

5/?
currently using this one for my dragonborn paladin

6/?

7/?

Bladelock... which feat?

Great Weapon Master - *CLANG*
Polearm Master - I wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft pole
Sentinel - SWORN TO AVENGE/ CONDEMNED TO HELL/ DON'T TEMPT THE BLADE/ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL

8/9

9/9

10/9, bonus because I thought this was a lizardfolk at first.

Lizardmen and tortle are so much better than Dragonborn its not even funny.
Maybe revised races next UE to make Dragonborn a bit better?

So does anyone know how the natural armor from the tortles work with unarmored defense from the barbarian or monk?
Both would be cool thematically but I don't want to do it if one of the things contradicts another
If the two abilities don't mesh well, then what class would you suggest instead? Cleric? Druid?

>natural armor and unarmed defense
no. choose your AC calculation. they don't stack.
>class choice
because of free heavy armor, anything can work. monk is an interesting pick. barbarian allows you to focus on CON and STR exclusively, or grab a tertiary stat for multiclassing. cleric for any of the non-heavy armor domains is easily the best fit. druid is good. most everything else is kinda meh but works well enough.

New to the game here. What exactly is the difference between the Ranger and the Revised Ranger?

You know there's nothing wrong with not using barbarian's unarmored defense, right? None of their other class features require them to not wear armor, and they get armor proficiencies for a reason. Besides, a tortle barbarian can focus heavily on Str and Con before Dex without sacrificing AC. It's actually a really good combination.

As for monks, tortles allow you to make an actually good Strength monk.

Former is underpowered shit, latter is OP shit.

Original Ranger is only good if you don't go Beastmaster, and RR makes not-Beastmaster OP and Beastmaster still bad but a little better.

PHB Ranger is crap

UA Revised Ranger is crap with sprinkles on top

How do you fight a gelatinous ooze without casters in the party?

Revised Ranger isn't OP you idiots

Revised Ranger isn't crap you retard

>Revised Ranger isn't OP you idiots
True, but it IS too frontloaded. As is, it would be incredibly too good to multiclass with, and it also is overly strong at level 1.
Neither of those things really MATTER right now, but they are minor issues.

Nah it super is.

Revised ranger took ranger's shining feature (favored enemy and terrain) and made them less broad (favored enemy types are much less specific, terrain applies everywhere) and made favored enemy useful in combat but not expected for baseline damage expectations.

It also took several ranger features like primeval awareness, land's stride, and hide in plain sight and made them much simpler and more useful.

It also totally guttered beast master and made it scale much more naturally.

The only real problem is that Natural Explorer is too front-loaded, and some of its features should be moved from 1st to 6th.

Revised Natural Explorer is the most OP exploration-oriented feature in the game. There's no point NOT taking 1 lvl of UA Ranger if you're playing a wilderness exploration and survival game. And that by itself makes a class a mistake.

>Revised Natural Explorer is the most OP exploration-oriented feature in the game
You mean it's an actually good exploration feature and necessary for rangers to function as intended?

Its sad how idiots like you lap whatever crap wotc offers to you, and just keep echoing each other about how great the revised ranger is without even an iota of a original thought. This was covered last thread here

Are you that same idiot you linked back to in the last thread?

There's still no good rip? I've got the hardcover, maybe I'll take some time tomorrow and scan it

I mean, I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but I just read it and wow - it does a lot.

So I've sent the group I dm for on a quest to kill a necromancer to make up for the paladins transgressions.
There's a bard in the group who does retarded shit, chief among which are leading a child into combat against a demon, then flensing the child's skull and making a necklace of his teeth after his death, and kissing a man who was dying "so as to steal his last breath."

Since they're going after a cleric of the god of death and necromancy, is it heavy handed to give the bard necromancer powers he doesn't know about/ can't control?

The only one full-ish pdf available is just data pulled from roll20 (or Beyond, hell if I know) and formatted to look like a D&D splatbook with Homebrewery markup tool. It's in the trove, it's decent, but something about the formatting makes it quite hard to read. Or maybe I'm just picky like that, idk.

Nah but I was there for that argument too, link covers my thoughts better than I can.

It basically renders all of exploration obsolete. Imagine a hexcrawl adventure - like the one WoTC just released - with a UA Ranger allowed in the campaign. There's no point in any of it. I don't mind Rangers get some sort of bonus to exploration, that should be their schtick, but the revised ranger is too much.

Polearm master or sentinel, mainly so you still get an attack in after summoning a new weapons.

Its also missing a lot of pages because its just the roll20 data. So stuff like a bunch of monsters isn't presented, etc.

Specifically how does the UA ranger invalidate and render obselete hexcrawl adventures?

There's an Invocation where if you attack once with your Pact weapon, you get another attack as part of your attack action.

Additionally, I dipped into Fighter with a Celestial Bladelock I made for a few sessions and took the Duelist martial style to get that +2 damage.

Would it be broken to just let all rogues sneak attack as long as they dont have disadvantage on an attack? This is of course assuming that they can still only do it once per turn.

Exploration, especially hexcrawls, are all about getting Lost, with a capital L. Its that sense of wonder and awe, the thrill of adventure as you -think- you're going to one place but really 'fate' or misfortune, the gods, what have you, sets you on a different path. Wandering around in the jungles for days until you find a lost city, sailing without a compass using only the stars to guide you, trekking through underground caverns with no sense of where you are or how to get out. Etc.

The Ranger flat out says however, "Your group can’t become lost except by magical means." In the PHB version that's limited to when you're passing through your Favored Terrain for an hour or more, but in the UA Revised edition its just an inherent part of the ranger.

Not that user, but since Revised Ranger can't get lost except for magical means, it means that the navigation mechanic (where you can possibly move to hex(es) you didn't intend to, and don't know your true location until you next succeed at navigating) is invalidated since it's basically like auto-succeeding on the skill check.

But even then, for ToA at least, players only have a partial map of Chult and still need a proper guide, directions, or just get out and explore, hex-by-hex, to find most locations. So I personally wouldn't say it makes exploration obsolete, it just removes one of the bigger challenges.

/5eg/, I made an orc valor bard and I've been brainstorming some rhymes for bardic inspiration. Got any to share? Biggest thing to note is that he only casts in melee range

>TOMB OF ANNIHILATION OUT TO SELECT PEOPLE
>NO
>FUCKING
>LEAK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Throw rocks.

collapse a ceiling onto it. Drown it in a lake. Surround it with fire. Trap it somewhere.

>implying it matters when it's going to take weeks to schedule sessions anyways

>Implying I won't just re purpose the plot and scenarios and quests for use in my own game

L2HOMEBREW also find better DMs.

>What's a good name for this armor? Does it warrant legendary status? Should I make it deal necrotic damage to the wearer instead of spending hit die?

Armor (studded leather), requires attunement by a ranger.
This set of dark studded leather has green lines sewn into it in several patterns, and a pearl embedded in its chest area. While wearing it, you gain the following benefits:

The pearl functions as a pearl of power: you can use an action to regain one expended spell slot up to 3rd level. This property can't be used again until the next dawn.

After you cast a spell, you gain a bonus to AC equal to half of the expended spell slot level, rounded up (to a maximum of +3), until the beginning of your next turn. Also, when you cast one of the ranger spells listed below, you can augment it using blood magic by spending a certain number of hit die.

Spell ------------------ Resource ------Effect
>Ensnaring Strike - 1 hit dice - Raise its level by one
>Hail of Thorns - 1 hit dice - Raise its level by one
>Hunter's Mark - 1 hit dice - Raise its level by two
>Cordon of Arrows - 1 hit dice - Raise its level by one
>Conjure Barrage - Up to 2 hit die - Raise its damage by 2d8 per hit die spent
>Lightning Arrow - 2 hit die - Raise its level by one
>Flame Arrows - No resource - No longer requires concentration
>Conjure Volley - Up to 5 hit die - Raise its damage by 1d8 per hit die spent

>reworking content instead of just making your own
>telling me to learn how to homebrew

2/4

>using dice as singular
>using die as plural
Fucking hell, I knew you were retarded for using hit dice as a combat resource anyway but this is just a whole new level

3/4

4/4

rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/Adventures/Tomb of Annihilation.pdf

Stop your whining

If I find a good villain or dungeon you bet your sweet ass I will take it. At a basic level anyway all stories are based on the same thing so nothing is homebrew anyway.

As user said earlier in this thread () that pdf is a chimera bullshit and not a real scan/leak

_____jews_____

Fuck, I knew something wasn't right. English isn't my native language, I get those mixed up sometimes.

"Jews, jews, what a ruse
Turn your head, your coin you'll lose"

Can orcs even rhyme?

For the armor mentioned above, how about this instead?

Also, when you cast one of the ranger spells listed below, you can augment it by allowing it to draw some of your life essence and taking necrotic damage.

Spell -------------- Damage - Effect
>Ensnaring Strike - 1d6 - Raise its level by one
>Hail of Thorns - 1d6 - Raise its level by one
>Hunter's Mark - 3 - Raise its level by two
>Cordon of Arrows - 1d6 - Raise its level by one
>Conjure Barrage - Up to 3d6 - Raise its damage by 1d8 per d6
>Lightning Arrow - 2d6 - Raise its level by one
>Flame Arrows - 1 - No longer requires concentration
>Conjure Volley - Up to 5d6 - Raise its damage by 1d8 per d6

>Player makes a character creator in Python
>Group looks pretty impressed
>Passes out flash drives with copies of it on them
>Next campaign, nobody uses it but him
>Really wish I couldn't tell how disappointed he looked

A few more experiences like that and he might be ready to try his hand at being the DM.

I was gonna do this, but for a forgotten beast creator like DF. Except I knew I would face this kind of bullshit so I promptly stopped.

Yeah he's almost broken enough for the soulwrenching agony of the eternal DM. I wonder which will break first - his spirit or his body?

ok SHARE IT HERE

>implying he actually kept it
lol

Most unfortunate. I used to make tools like that, too, until it became clear that my group doesn't care about anything but LOOT, VAGUELY-DESCRIBED FADE-TO-BLACK SCENES, and FUCKING UP MY PLANS.

Probably his spirit. He's one of those cardio nuts, which probably means he's the descendant of one of those crazy fucks that chased a deer to death.

Sure.

sendspace.com/file/z9rtaw

Seems a little glitchy with text and it doesn't do different resolutions, but it seems like a good first shot. If the others bothered to provide feedback, he might have even made it great.

He even provided Python and Pygame, in case other other players didn't already have it.

>DM says that the campaign will start at lvl 6, Max hp, after that roll or average.
Instant pick Barbarian lads.

what next 5d6d2?

Is Dragon Sorc 3 / Fiendlock 3 / Vengeance 3 a decent build? I had the idea of a Tiefling who was born with some magical talent, and happened to have a rather doting uncle. Said uncle being a lord in HELL makes things a little awkward, especially with her being a Paladin (he calls it a phase). Meant for a more "comfy" campaign my DM is planning, and he's okayed the basic concept. Just wondering what /5eg's opinion on it was.

Opinions on this item?

Bracer of Unholy Strength

Gain 4 Strength when you activate the bracer. Each round the Bracer deals 1d6 force damage to you. When you deactivate the bracer make a DC12 Constitution check, if you fail take an additional 1d6 force damage before the Bracer deactivates.
If the force damage from the Bracer would reduce your hit points to 0 or less make the same DC12 Con check (unless falling to 0HP was a result of failing the check prior, in which case you auto fail this check) and if you fail, your character falls unconscious with 1HP. The Bracer cannot be reactivated until the character completes a long rest in this instance.

I'd never use it.

What gift would an archfey give to his lover?

>sendspace.com/file/z9rtaw
>5th wheel
Is this a reference to the 3rd wheel tabletop show?

>when you activate the bracer.
As a...?
>Each round the Bracer deals 1d6 force damage to you.
When?
>DC12 Constitution check
Saving throw or ability check?
>your character falls unconscious with 1HP.
Why 1 HP, I wonder, and not stabilized?

the moon

Is that what he calls his dick?

What if the Strength increased to 6?
8?
Or what if the damage was only 1d4?

Free action
Start of every round
Saving Throw
Cause the Bracer is a cursed item that feeds on your life force but won't put you in a dying state, even if you're stable. It'll still stop before reducing you to that point.

No

Starting the game with 90 hp. When we get to lvl 7 and beyond i will probably get average + bonus (Meaning 10 hp per level instead of 15)

>What if the Strength increased to 6?
>8?
>Or what if the damage was only 1d4?
Completely wrong format for this edition.

>Free action
No such thing
>Start of every round
No such thing
>Saving Throw
k
>won't put you in a dying state, even if you're stable
When you're stabilized at 0 HP you're explicitly not dying

Is it affected by the strength cap?
Seems good for a Barb

Is this good enough for a paladin?

This.
It's drawbacks WAY outweigh any tangible bonuses.

Maybe, I don't know.

I do have five players. Maybe it's a joke about being the fifth wheel of the group.

Why not? What's the weak link? Should I go 4 in a class?

Three way multiclass

It can surpass the cap yes. If you have 20str you'd have 24 with it active.

Boy you must be a lawyer or something

And?