Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1749: What Are You, Some Kinda Edition? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Now is the time.

What's a good way to create sentient beings? I've been using Fate's First Magic but it's slow af and I can't really create people with backstories and experience.

Hey Val, all that business about Tiamat and the Grand scenario made me think... Nowhere in the scenario does it say you have to /kill/ the Beasts, just succeed in battle against them and not let humanity die out?

Nah, you gotta kill em all. In this case, they're registered as a threat by the Grand system until they're all wiped out, so your job won't be done until that point.

Creation Magic in Anima can do it, and we've seen a particularly crazy dryad pull it off in Gods are Bastards. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy gets you access to the standard magic system,
which has Biotechnology spells which should be pretty fun for biomancy.[/shills].

On a less shilling note, D&D 3.5 has an epic spell that lets you create a new race. Exalted has crafting new species as well, IIRC, and Nanoha has Project Fate, which lets you make a modified clone, then implant a bunch of memories in it.

Tell me about your favorite weapons, jumpers. What do you inevitably reach for when shit hits the fan?

In Yu-Gi-Oh, are there any incidents of actual summonings? Monsters being able to have physical effects and spells being used outside the games?

Tell me, Jumper. Do you have any unique rules or slight rule bending?
I like to keep 100 drawbacks that give no cp after jumps if they provide conflict in an otherwise boring jump.

It's kinda crazy how one of Mash's random skills, not even an NP for goodness' sakes, temporarily removes the target from the Time Stream to protect them from affected by whatever harm comes their way.

Just. Just like, *poof*, you aren't affected by time for several seconds, then you're back, more charged than before. As if you had a decent break in the time you were shunted away.

When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...

In the anime, early on at least, yes, but each instance needed the millenium items (one good example was yami!Bakura using the millenium ring to summon a monster on some of Pegasus's henchmen).
Past that, who knows.
Yugioh got wierd. Okay, it was always wierd, but it got so much wierder.

From Dust has you covered my man.

Though some drinks and hate fucking can lead to the same results.

Oh. Too bad... So, we can't pull something like Cath Palug sacrificing his Beast status with it's resurrecting being how the Beast IV was "defeated"?

Putting down the puppy would be sad.

I ignore drawback limits and MtA's stupid Gnosis limit (still no archmagery which /is/ a limit that makes sense). I also use the Universal Drawback Supplement but ignore the penalty for temporarily suspending drawbacks, while keeping the limit on frequency.
Other than that, I'm vanilla.

That's good enough for me. Outside of the monster with infinity+ attack points, it'd all be low level enough that I won't feel bad for wanking. Thanks, user! :)

You could always bring them back after you've killed all of them. Once they're all dead, the situation will have been counted as being completed and any coming back won't turn the challenge back on.

I remember in the ancient egypt part of Yugioh the Yami of that time summoned the 3 egyptian gods when he was in a chase scene I believe.

>(still no archmagery which /is/ a limit that makes sense)
I don't think it makes sense, but I at least respect it enough to follow it. The Gnosis and ridged Arcana limits are intolerable though.

>Day 5 on the expedition
>Supplies are running low
>I can feel the wilderness closing in on me
>How many hours haunched over my monitor peering for answers, like a preacher beseaching a silent god
>Everything comes down to this moment
>The singular realisation that I can't afford my waifus AND my bro
>I've forgotten what it feels like to enjoy a hobby that isn't a desperate struggle to make numbers magically become smaller numbers
>I'm so tired
>I swear the numbers become bigger every time I close my eyes

Ah, okay. That'll work out fine then.

If you go to Alien Vs. Predator, buy the perk that turns you into a facehugger and lets you get more Xenomorph forms, then use it on another Xenomorph, would you become a double Xenomorph? What would that be like?

Thats not too bad actually.

Btw can you answer

I don't think that's ever been a thing

Maybe something like the Neomorph? Seriously for a prototype the Neomorphs are objectively more badass in every way.

> Do you have any unique rules ...
Well, I invented the drawback companions rules, because there weren't any when I first started collecting those.

They go:
> Drawback companions do not count against normal companion limits.
> Drawback companions cannot be "slotted out"; they are still technically drawbacks, and are always active.
> The only way to get rid of a drawback companion is to get rid of the drawback -- this is irreversible and the drawback companion is gone forever.
> Drawback companions remain drawback companions even when imported as regular companions.
... and that's about it. It's good to know how these things will work, so I made up a bunch of rules to accommodate my abnormal chain decisions.

> ... or slight rule bending?
All following properties that manifest in the jump world generally appear within proximity to each other, unless otherwise stated in their description or it would make no sense otherwise.
So, I've got something of a weird little town going on now that's following me between jumps.

I usually just start summoning bigger fireballs, to be honest.

Cloning maybe? I usually just make Beastmen, from Gurren Lagann.
Or I uplift goats. Y'know, whatever works.

Whoa WAIT wut-

>You could always bring them back

Huh. HUH, that changes-

Ugh, I'm tempted. But killing people for being autistic and in love is still real harsh

Sorry, forgot about that. You'd copy the powers the Charyeok give to their host

I'm with you on ignoring the Gnosis limit. It was a very strange decision.

The Arcana limit on how many you can master at that Gnosis limit is fine, in my books, it's keeping with the setting. The limit on /which/ Arcana you can master was stupid and extrapolated from a single table heading that wasn't intended to mean you had to keep your Path Arcana as your two best Arcana. It contradicts so many other parts in the game. So I ignore that part, and go with how it works in the actual game.

What jumps are there that aren't on the list in the drive?

Alright thank you Val, now I just need to find a way to win against her. Orbital Bombardment time.

Changelog:
Locations slightly fleshed out, location can now be chosen and ignores a roll.
No other changes worth the mention. I... might actually be calling this mostly done? If anyone has anything that needs fixing, please tell me now, otherwise I'll just be working on fluff for the next update.

Aw, SHIT.

I was just about resigned to saving myself for waifus, but you just doubled my reason for taking Karna somewhere

Holy shit Karna why are you more expensive than all of the goddesses

The lack of god faction is particularly annoying given the mortal and sura factions. It stands out a lot more than it did previously.

Thanks for jump user Heart, wonder how the fluff you put in will be like.

Gods are part of the Mortals faction.

Good to hear you guys enjoyed it! And I'm mainly just fluffing out the items, which are rather boring in description right now.

Okay, so I'm this user: I think I have Mash's Servant Profile sorted, what do you think? Also, left it a little raw to "show my working" as it were.

> Servant Name
Mashu Kyrielight

> Class
Shielder - 275

> Template
Living - 200 - 475

> Parameters
Str - C
End - A
Agi - E - D - 50 - 525
Man - C - B - 50 - 575
Lck - D - C - 25 - 600

> Class Skills
Magic Resistance - E - A - 100 - 700
Riding - E - C - 100 - 800
Self-Field Defense - E - C - 50 - 850

> Personal Skills
Mana Defense - C - A+ - 200 - 1050
Exalted Impervious Wall of Snowflakes - N/A - B - 150 - 1200
Obscurant Wall of Chalk - N/A - B - 150 - 1350
Shield of Rousing Resolution - N/A - B - 150 - 1500

> Noble Phantasm
Lord Camelot - C - B+++ - 350 - 1850

> Drawback
What Spiritual Form? - 50 - 1800

>Universal Drawback Supplement
Never heard of this. Is this really old or really recent?

It's one of the best things SB's made for jumpchain. even anons who hate SB have little bad to say about it.
Here's a copy.

How much power does Kubera have? Just curious if it's enough to make a whole bunch of people pick a fight with you but not enough to think they wouldn't stand a chance

What does the average Sura look like? Getting the mipression a Nastika is sort of like Cthulhu on roids. Especially the galaxy-scale ones

Mash isn't even wielding Galahad's powers at full mastery either. And ALL of the Round Table guys have bullshit like this, and Galahad's not even notably strong. I still can't believe Mordred and Morgan managed to field an army that could defeat the Round Table.

Demon Spawn (Hero BBS) does that. They're subservient to your will, but i'd call that a feature, not a bug.

Craft (Genesis) from Exalted is pretty much made for this. Infernals also has a Manse for just that purpose (Morass of Virii and Manifold Beings) that does it all on its own as per your instructions.
Infernals also has Descending Hierarchy which lets you create 8 Third Circle demons (23 if you learn the heretical charm The Path of A Thousand Whispers), each of whom can create 7 Second Circle demons who can then create "entire races" of First Circle demons.

Geneforge's Shaper origin is pretty much made for this.

Kingdom Hearts has perks for Dreameaters, Nobodies and HEartless. Don't know if those fit your purposes.

The various MtG jumps have perks for that too. Kamigawa explicitly lets you create instead of summon with the relevant perk.

Evo: Search for Eden has the Bolbox origin perks that let you create and modify creatures.

>Mana Defence
>Exalted Impervious Wall of Snowflakes
>Obscurant Wall of Chalk
>"If the rank was higher, attacks from a higher order dimension could also be ignored. That principle is close to a certain defensive self-targeted Noble Phantasm (read: Avalon)"
>Shield of Rousing Resolution

Is Mash's origin Shield?

Will Mash develop Unlimited Shield Works in F/GO 2?

I mean holy shit, Shirou turned into a Counter Guardian and even he doesn't have a bazillion sword-themed personal skills

My (upgraded/imported of course) Shiftsilver Switchklave from Exalted Lunars.
Why settle on one weapon when you can have all of them as the mood strikes you?

I also usually carry a modded Ares Crusader machine pistol from Shadowrun loaded with enchanted ammo. Just as a backup.

The Name? It's got enough to raise someone's Divine Rank by, say, 100. The problem's that it doesn't give you any of that power- the power has to be harvested from your corpse.

>Average Sura
Uh, hold on. Okay, pic related is a Rakshasa and a Dragon-Half duking it out.

I forgot how big she got, Kasak looks like a toy she could just throw around.

>How much power does Kubera have? Just curious if it's enough to make a whole bunch of people pick a fight with you but not enough to think they wouldn't stand a chance
>What does the average Sura look like? Getting the mipression a Nastika is sort of like Cthulhu on roids. Especially the galaxy-scale ones
The wiki is very helpful in getting answers to such questions.
Here's the link: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/

And here's Kasak (that dragon) compared to an ordinary human.

>Is Mash's origin Shield?
The crazy part?

Mash, towards the final Singularity of Part 1 was starting to develop her own skill:
> Shield of Rousing Resolution
That one's based off of HER mindset and she apparently achieved her own Noble Phantasm in the Final Battle too.

This is a Nastika in sura form, he is very small however.

Weapons are for the weak. Specially now that Katangatari is out.

But... I have a weak point for scythes. They are edgy, but I'm a skelly, so I guess they kinda fit. I have both from Umineko fused plus about 800 jumps worth of weapons fused into it.

Podded companions do not count towards the 8 limit. Podded companions can become regular companions through the use of Blue Feather or the Bio-Injector. Inactive companions can wander through the Warehouse and any other CP properties if you summon them, but cannot exist outside of them if all slots are full. I also use the UDS, because I'm a greedy asshole and those extra points are nice.

How would it work for things like demigods in Percy Jackson, where several powers are part of a package? Let's say you see Percy using his hydrokinesis, would you gain his demigod status or physiology, or just the hydrokinesis?

>Kamigawa explicitly lets you create instead of summon with the relevant perk.
That's just copies of whatever you summon though, not something new?

Now that I think of it if we choose Dragon as our half would we have to deal with it being hard to feel emotions?

I have no idea.
I mean I guess if you were a Xenomorph variant as your race, doing that would minimise or remove any hybrid traits?

Reminder - That's him under the curse, which specifically forbids him from assuming that form. It's specifically called out as the smallest he's ever been.

Ah, I need to add that to the jump, don't I? I'll do so. And yeah, you suffer the emotional debuff while in that alt-form.

Is size going to be an issue for using Metamorphosis on certain creatures? Like, I doubt a facehugger could successfully facehug Godzilla, or an ant.

Any ideas off the top of your head for dealing with this, besides just using shrinking/growing perks from other jumps?

>It's specifically called out as the smallest he's ever been.
Yeah thats what I meant by him being small, probably should have elaborated I suppose, but it was either that one or the planet sized pic which only showed a shadow of him.

>And yeah, you suffer the emotional debuff while in that alt-form.

I guess I should have kept quiet.

Yes? The requirement was "sentient being", which is something MtG magic can summon.

Fairy Tail has Life Magic for that. You need to purchase the book to learn it or copy it from its creator.

If it's a daemon, what does it matter how cute it looks?

Can we get some idea of what a few levels of Affinity can let do? What can you do with 100, 1000, or even 10.000?

I didn't want to put any hard limits on size in, but the 'normal' limits would be between dog sized and dinosaur sized. Of course, a jumper-chestburster is not normal, so apply liberally before fanwanking.

If you wanted to facehugger a godzilla, you could always allow yourself to be swallowed whole - once the facehugger passes on the chestburster embryo, it doesn't need to get back out.

We're not really given a very wide range of affinities to measure with, but Asha, for example, has a Divine Affinity of 10515, and she manages to casually slaughter basically an army of lesser Sura. Trying to find the pic, but I can't remember when exactly, it happened.

Chapter 24 I believe.

Neat, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

>Companions with certain "tastes" suddenly love that perk even more

>>Companions with certain "tastes" suddenly love that perk even more
Mommy! I knew you were still lurking! Begone evil one!

Sleep is the eternal time bandit.
I'm still working away at it, but my weekends don't usually offer a lot of writing time. It's a big one but I'm hoping to have it finished up soon.

Okay, Brillith has a score of 2058, but has a x8 multiplier to her spell power for fire magic, and does pic related.

Asha has a score of 10515, no multipliers, and does pic related. Both are a single casting.

>Pic
What is he doing?

Using cutting magic.

Asha's a she (Brillith's just confused because Asha looks like a dude), and keeping her from falling into the middle of the pack of Sura that surrounded them while Brillith was in the air.

Together they killed "Hundreds" of Sura, and neither of them killed significantly more than the other.

>Demon Spawn (Hero BBS)
I've always wondered can your Demons stay behind in a Jump once you leave?

What would be some good OC general defense-focused Noble Phantasms? I'm having trouble thinking of something that isn't just damage reduction/nullification or teleportation.

So yeah.
Give us the most idea as to how powerful an affinity of 2000 is. Asha's kill spree, however, is significantly less than it could have been, since she explicitly had to hold back so that she wouldn't score more than twice Brillith's kills.

I'm not the jumpmaker, but i don't see why not.
You CAN unmake them if you want, but otherwise they're in no way dependant on your presence to exist.

Hey /JC/! Wanna see the most expensive Berserker ever?

> Servant Name
Florence Nightingale

> Class
Berserker - 300

> Template
N/A

> Parameters
Str - A - B+ - 100-25 - 75 - 375
End - A - A+ - 100 - 475
Agi - C - B+ - 150 - 625
Man - E - D+ - 150 - 775
Lck - E - A+ - 300 - 1075

> Class Skills
Mad Enhancement - E - EX - 450 - 1525

> Personal Skills
Nursing of Steel - N/A - A - 1775
Human Anatomy Understanding - N/A - A - 2025
Cry of the Angel - C - EX - 550 - 2575

> Noble Phantasm
Nightingale Pledge - C

> Drawback
N/A

Is there anyway to save Olga?
And Roman

What the hell would a Ruyi Jingu Bang noble phantasm even do? All I know about it is that it grows and shrinks a lot.

Really really strong anti-divinity properties, given it was used to beat armies of celestial deities and a LOT of monsters to death.

Woops! Forgot to apply a discount, but still an SP Demon:

> Servant Name
Florence Nightingale

> Class
Berserker - 300

> Template
N/A

> Parameters
Str - A - B+ - 100-25 - 75 - 375
End - A - A+ - 100 - 475
Agi - C - B+ - 150 - 625
Man - E - D+ - 150 - 775
Lck - E - A+ - 300 - 1075

> Class Skills
Mad Enhancement - E - EX - 225 - 1300

> Personal Skills
Nursing of Steel - N/A - A - 250 - 1550
Human Anatomy Understanding - N/A - A - 250 - 1800
Cry of the Angel - C - EX - 550 - 2350

> Noble Phantasm
Nightingale Pledge - C

> Drawback
N/A

What are some of the guilty pleasure jumps you'd like to see made?
The ones based on series or settings that perhaps weren't the best, but you still want to visit anyway.
I'd like to see the film The Sorcerer's Apprentice as a jump.

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter

Smallville
Marvel Netflix (yes even Iron Fist)
Supergirl

Mr Pickles

>Smallville
Didn't someone claim that a few months ago?

Aviators Jackie is cute.

Chronicles of the Cursed Sword

Painkiller
One Finger Death Punch
Underhertail

>Marvel Netflix (yes even Iron Fist)
That falls under MCU, which we have a jump that covers.
>inb4 "invalid jump"

Isn't Marvel Netflix technically MCU? So wouldn't we either need Red to come back and make a Part 3 or for someone else to take up the task?

Question-if gods are "weak" why are they at the same price as a non-red giant/galaxy sized Nastika? Does the ressurection thing happen very quickly, or are they actually only weak in comparison to the Primeval Gods?

Ore Twintail ni Narimasu

I have that shit in my backlog. It's good?

I know there is no translation or spoilers for the LN around. So tell me if I can enjoy the anime for what it is.

Nice trips.
MCU2 already covers everything up to Defenders as far as Netflix is concerned, I think.

Your defense mode could operate like a porcupine - attacking you hurts them somehow. A counterattack or damage mirror. Some portion of incoming damage is reflected or stored to bolster your own attacks, or charges up one of your other NPs. Or the attack itself is stored somehow to be redirected.
Could do a Dva and your NP negates certain types of attacks, like incoming magic or incoming projectiles, while remaining weak against another type like melee.

"Once Bitten Twice Shy" - each attack that lands bolsters the servant's agility and speed, reducing the odds of a subsequent hit.

Could do the zombie thing - when you're dealt lethal amounts of damage, it kicks in to keep you in the fight for a limited duration, even if you're in pieces.
Or some kind of fake death business, where you seem to die, but actually enter a regenerative mode while in a dematerialised state.

For cheap NPs, they could be specialized against certain types of damage like immunity to fire or poison. Or more expensive ones do the whole 'evolving defense' thing so that if the same attack keeps hitting, your resistance to that specific attack grows.

Could spread your defensive attributes to other people on your side or link people into a network - so that damage taken by one is split evenly over a bunch of targets, or a sacrificial target.

Could be an NP that prevents the targetting of the servant instead of simply letting them tank it. Obscuring mists, illusion clones, fields of darkness, blinding light. Stealth/magical ECM rather than armor.

It about a guy gender bending into a girl and becoming ██████╗░██████╗░███████╗░██╗░░░░██╗░░░░██╗░░░██╗
██╔══██╗██╔═══╝██╔════██╗██║░░░░██║░░░░╚██╗░██╔╝
██████╔╝█████╗░█████████║██║░░░░██║░░░░░╚████╔╝░
██╔══██╗██╔══╝░██╔════██║██║░░░░██║░░░░░░╚██╔╝░░
██║░░██║██████╗██║░░░░██║██████╗██████╗░░░██║░░░ gay

Nobunaga is right up there with Nightingale, if my math is right.

>Class
Archer - 200

>Template
N/A

>Stats
Str - C - B - 50
End - C - B - 25
Agi - C - B - 25
Mana - E - A - 200
Luck - E - A - 200

>Class Skills
Magic Resistance - C - B - 25
Independent Action - E - B - 75

>Personal Skills
Military Tactics - N/A - B - 200
Charisma - N/A - B- -175
Demon King - N/A - A - 250
Innovation - N/A - A - 250

>Noble Phantasms
Three Thousand Worlds - C - EX - 450
Demon King of the Sixth Heaven - N/A - EX - 650

>Drawback
Mana Muncher - +100

Total: 2675

>becoming - - - . . . . Kehlly

Cool SCP you're writing there, bruh

Kurogane No Linebarrel
Cavalier of the Abyss (And the prequel of it)

Those are the only ones I can think of.

Eberron
Record of Lodoss War
Escaflowne
Lufia
Breath of Fire

How do I accelerate pregnancy? Aside from Geneforge, of course?