Is there a type of DnD or tabletop game where you don't verbally role-play?

Is there a type of DnD or tabletop game where you don't verbally role-play?

I'm interested in following a story and playing and stuff, but pretending you're an elf and having an on-the-fly conversation with the GM and their meme goblin character sounds incredibly autistic

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.net.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, play a video game or read a book.

Roll 20, text chat only. You can roleplay but you don't actually say anything outloud.

You could try Play-By-Post RPGs, or get a DM to set-up a campaign to where you get set conversational paths (ala Bethesda games) you don't have to act out

is that you, ken? you motherfucker that goblin was a plot point.

You can play some weird concept stuff, a game where you are house pets working together to escape kr something.

D&D where an evil wizard has cast a silence spell over the entire planet?

You're not looking for a tabletop game, you're looking for a video game.

>I'm interested in following a story and playing and stuff
>doesn't want to open his mouth
>or interact with people
>or roleplay
Try reading a book

This website has thousands of books. You don't even have to get up to read them.
gutenberg.net.au/

People do the latter?

>Being this focused on appearances

No user, it is you who is the autism.

Sounds like you're afraid of making a fool out of yourself in front of your friends, but caring what other people think about you is a very childish mindset you'd be better off getting rid of as soon as possible.

Not him, but some people do roleplay without speaking in character
>My character politely probes the warden regarding the prisoner's crimes

I once even played with someone who did that because he was more comfortable that way. It's not necessarily bad, just different.

You can just say, "my character says etc." People don't like it, but you'll get to play and it really does reduce any discomfort. And maybe someday you'll get into it.

No. Start crawling out of your comfort zone and start pretending, slick. You'll learn to like it.

You have brain problems OP.
Maybe stick to .

Some groups play D&D and other RPGs more like wargames with little conversation or RP, they just go "The King explains how this strategic move will help the kingdom and entices you with rewards.", or "My Rogue attempts to discourage the bailiff from taking the old lady's taxes via threats of immediate violence via shanking". You don't have to do the voices and unless the player is actually good at doing voices, they usually annoy me, especially the scottish, british, or any weird-english accent, I'd be fine with regular talking and fill up the holes instead of getting spat on by a guy roleplaying a scottish dorf.

There are also wargames where you don't do voices and just roll some dice and inflict some wounds, they're pretty cool too.

Jesus christ get over yourself dude. Mr. Fucking serious here.

Third person is great. It's really useful for a GM that wants to skip things forward fast and clearly.

The degree to which any RPG is improv acting hour, a detached collaborative writing session, or just a board game where the GM gives you a little narration between each action scene, depends partly on the game you're playing and much much more on the dynamic of the group you're playing it with.

Find a like minded crew and you won't have to do any silly voices.

No seriously, vidya gaems. Possibly consider going into miniatures wargames, or the likes of Talisman.

I'll slip in and out of this at times depending on the situation. This is particularly true if know there's going to be a skill/stat check involved regardless.

Play a video game.

Look up Kingdom Death Monster, physical copies are ludicrous, but a mod for Tabletop Simulator exists with original maker's Blessing. Total for game,Base price $700 but realistically $1000 and up. Sim runs $20.

>pretending you're an elf and having an on-the-fly conversation with the GM and their meme goblin character sounds incredibly autistic
It's literally opposite of what autism stands for.

Ahem.

>waiting for the silence of the crowd.

Have you tried not playing.... DnD.

Sounds like you want a video game son.

board games are your best bet: betrayal at the house on haunted hill, betrayal at baulder's gate, shadows over Camelot, arkham horror, decent, silver tower quest , og hero quest . are all games you might want to look into they have a ton of replay ability and are based around you controlling a character the actions are simplistic but play is fairly rewarding their fairly self contained and each about the cost of a new videogame

Honestly you might like a league style wargame like Blood Bowl, Necromunda, Frostgrave, etc. Like I'm pretty sure you're fishing for (you)s, but on the off chance this is sincere I'd check those out.

that would defeat the pont of tabletop rpg.
play a video game or board game. might i suggest arkham horror? the board game, not card game.

It's caked 4E.

Jokes aside, you might want to look into dungeon crawling board games. They are pretty much exactly what you want.