What do you listen to/ watch to satisfy your Veeky Forums related itches Veeky Forums?

What do you listen to/ watch to satisfy your Veeky Forums related itches Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z31jZ-ZowM
youtube.com/watch?v=lukvACP1d1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Konosuba. Megumuin is best grill.

Any other Veeky Forums approved fantasy animes/mangos out there? Already reading Berserk.

Audiobooks, mostly; I got like 20 of them on my Ipod at any given time.

As for podcasts, I used to listen to Fantasy fiction before their breakup.

Also the Ancient Warfare Magazine podcast and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms Podcast, which are kinda Veeky Forums I guess.

A Bride's story for comfiness

Battle Angel Alita

Dungeon Meshi

Vinnland Saga

>Any other Veeky Forums approved fantasy animes/mangos out there? Already reading Berserk.

Mushi-Shi.
It's about a supernatural physician/pharmacist/biologist roaming around Feudal Japan, where invisible fae-like life forms called Mushi interact in subtle but crucial ways in the ecosystem and in human affairs. It's got gorgeous art, a chill yet mysterious atmosphere, and never ever sacrifices its smart writing and scenarios for cheap gags and action sequences.

For podcasts RPPR is one of the more tolerable ones, Caleb's games are particularly good on their Actual Play feed. The Drunk & Ugly isn't awful. The creator of Rick & Morty also plays D&D on his podcast Harmontown.

For anime/cartoons/shows Harmonquest, Krod Mandoon, and Adventure Time are probably worth checking out.

For manga, I highly recommend "Wizard's Soul - Koi no Seisen" "Dragon Half" and "TSF Monogatari".

Seconding Dungeon Meshi.

I watch the Thrilling Intent series on Youtube. I've been meaning to do a rewatch of it for quite a while now, but there's a whole bunch of episodes to it.

I fucken play decent games

Legend of the Legendary Heroes is fun, but only one or two seasons. Art's pretty mediocre, too.

I dunno if the manga is any good.

But what about when you're not playing? Surely you've had that rpg itch when you're not actively playing something

Critical role

Nice b8

patrician tastes there user. newest arc has been such a welcome return to form

Well, there's a bunch.

Podcasts:
>Bards and Nobles
>Brute Force
>Dice Knights
>Milkrun
>Neoscum
>Party Roll (first one I got into)

Web Series:
>Thrilling Intent
>That one actual D&D campaign NODE played way back when

undoubtedly best grill

Has it gotten as fun as it was during the Briarwood/Kevdak arcs again? I stopped watching after they were able to hunt down and kill Raishan with little difficulty at all. Show just got too boring.

>Neoscum

I'M DAAAAK RAMBO

>>fun place in Duluth, Minnesota

>not quoting superior TechWizard

First for motherfucking Limited Resources you plebs

Say what now?

I've actually just started the adventure zone, so that currently. I also listen to RPPR regularly.

Glass Cannon Podcast. Pathfinder, but they aren't furbait ERP through some miracle.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z31jZ-ZowM

I listen to a lot of podcasts while I work.
>Drunk & Ugly
Not terrible, sometimes entertaining.
>Decoder Ring Theatre
Lots of short pulp stories, mainly involving their two series Jack Black Justice and The Red Panda. Good for mining ideas.
>Ghostbusters Resurrection
Really good and creative Ghostbusters actual play podcast, all the players complement each other well.
>Dungeon Rats
D&D 5e podcast, a bunch of misfits are stuck in a neverending dungeon and they're subject to user-submitted challenges each week.
>Neo Scum
Shadowrun actual play podcast, the characters are all fantastic and everyone is fairly likeable.
>Call of Cthulhu Mystery Hour
An actual play podcast in the style of an old-timey serial. Enjoyable but I absolutely hate how one guy tries to Old Man Henderson through everything.
>Danger Dice Gang
Comic book writer and his friends play through AD&D modules using 5e, pretty nice so far.
>Hobbs & Friends of the OSR
Podcast for OSR news as well as advice for things like running hexcrawls.
>The Film Reroll
A group of friends take movie plots and turn them into GURPS campaigns, they spin wildly out of control. The Wizard of Oz saga is absolutely amazing.

Log Horzion for a great mix of action, adventure, and comfy world building. Drifters is also a good watch.

Critical Role because I have a man crush on Travis and the banter between him and Sam make it at least bearable to listen to.

>hunt down and kill Raishan with little difficulty at all
>Raishan was wiping their asses until a failed save got her
If that idiot they have for a druid hadn't dropped Raishan's intelligence they were done. Also they recently got their asses handed to them and barely escaped thanks once again to Scanlen.

Prepare to have a good time and then a frustrating time and then give up in disgust.

TTS Podcast, and Bearly Managed.

I also listen to/watch Co-Optional, and old episodes of Let's Drown Out. But those aren't Veeky Forums related...

Although not directly Veeky Forums, Hello From the Magic Tavern is hilarious to anyone who likes fantasy.

why? What ends up happening that turns it sour?

When the guys are given a scenario to goof around in and approach how they please, then it's gold. But Griffin really really wants to tell his dumb novel through the medium of D&D, and it's a pretty stupid story, and leads to the characters being forced a lot of directions they wouldn't naturally go. And then the climatic arc is about 10 hours of flashback episodes where they "play" a homebrewed apocalypse world knockoff before a final showdown padded out with literal cutscenes.

different person, and while I still enjoy TAZ, it sort of turns into an endless cutscene with one or two QTEs before suddenly rolling the credits. It stops being DnD and becomes a poorly planned audio drama.

thats too bad, shits been funny as fuck so far.

Also of course they play fast and loose with the rules, which is largely a good thing for a comedy podcast, but it can be frustrating if oyu know anything about how D&D should work. The wizard and cleric are allowed to cast any spell out of the book without regard for memorization or casting times longer than one round and no NPC ever notices when they cast a spell, while the guy who plays a fighter gets audibly frustrated that he has to keep coming up with wackier and wackier gambits to stay relevant.

But I have high hopes for their next project, where they experiment with RPG systems that are maybe better suited to their playing style and the dad's patience for learning rules.

Roll For Initiative podcast is great if you're into oldschool gaming or just want to learn about how those older games were meant to be played instead of hearing know-nothin people spout "LOL THAC0" memes

RPPR's New World campaign showed me that 4e can be good.

Frozen Frontier is a good gritty modified 2e game by a guy named Koibu that focuses a lot on survival which scratches my personal oldschool itch. The guy who plays the elf is a bit annoying though, but he gets better.

When I was in highschool I remember enjoying a D&D podcast called "Wizards College" by a group I believe was called "Gamers Haven" but I haven't revisited it since I was 17 so it may actually be shit.

Am I the only one who listens to System Mastery?

Any recommendations for call of cthulhu actual plays? Kind of new to tabletop stuff so not familiar with any decent podcasts.

I was more annoyed that finding a dragon of her caliber was so easy. Fight was standard fare of "We're almost dead! Wait! Nope! How do you wanna do this?"

>Wait all week to get my TI fix
>It's a 15 minute episode
While I admit this is an excellent respite after the huge Onorant arc, I wish they would pump out longer episodes for this one.

An interesting one that I've been listening to lately has been "Revival". Although it is 4e D&D (Veeky Forums seems to hate it, but I haven't played it so I don't know why), the setting is the best part. Some sort of force threatens the mana world, which contains everything except humans. To escape, the non-humans build portals and run through them. The portals end up leading to Earth, seeping out mana, which ends up killing all the humans.
It ends up being like a fish out of water adventure with the new races having to live in a now deserted human world

>Not FistWizard

Chummer

Onorant was huge, but there was some serious gold in that arc. Not the least of which was the tragic tale of The Motherfuckin' Bowlripper and Colvin soloing the final boss without knowing it.

I busted a gut with how terrified Xin said he was when they fought. Anthos Jun Colvin is a man to be emulated. But yeah, there was a ton of life in pretty much all the major NPCs of that arc. I really like hearing Horaven's backstory and the struggle he gad balancing his two personas. He's probably my favorite character in that entire arc if not tied with Zalvetta.

Thanks for saving me a couple of hours of listening. I just finished the first arc and wasn't really feeling it but was under the impression it got better.

chapo traphouse did a funny one
their characters heard about dark rituals being conducted at a comet pizza

Meh I can't really get into it. Too many players to keep track of while listening to it. I prefer the player count more around 3-5. It's a bit easier to keep track of.

Long shot here, but does anyone know if any streams or podcasts or ANYTHING in the Deadlands setting?

Aside from the frustrating one-shot Geek&Sundry did.

Lost Initiative

I've been looking for a good podcast/show that does OSR stuff so I could get a better grasp on how it's played, but the ONLY games out there are all roll20 and really low quality.

>goliath
>having facial hair

Thirded. I enjoyed the hell of it up through the Temporal Chalice arc. Chalice was a little weird, but hey, it seemed like a cute experiment. Suffering Game was a tedious slog, but hey, we're finally at the end. And then came the Stolen Century, an entire arc full of meaningless choices and no stakes. And then, finally, Song and Story - an endless series of cutscenes ending in a boss the DM wouldn't let them lose to. And the Epilogue. Oh, God, the Epilogue that would not die.

I've had that show on my list for quite some time now. Haven't gotten around to actually watching it but it seemed interesting at a glance.

youtube.com/watch?v=lukvACP1d1g

>Drifters is also a good watch.
No it isn't.
It's pretty much Gate: Samurai Edition with the edginess cranked up to eleven.