I Fucked Up And Let Greed Get Ahead Of Me: how do I cope?

How do I cope with losing 5 grand? Let's just say I made some bad mistakes, got burned on a HYIP and learned my lesson.

You can feel fine to call me an idiot, newfag and etc. I was stupid and made a dumb mistake, I own up to that and there is no getting around that.

I just need a way to cope as I just feel depressed, in pain and fucked up that I let greed blind me and lost my 5,000 dollars as I feel I won't be able to make that back and just want to cry as I tried so hard this year to save up money where I could to get ahead and it's just been the hardest I've worked as I saw a future with crypto in my grasp and I feel like it slipped past.

Now all that's left is a future of wageslavery and I honestly don't think I can cope with that. Considered killing myself via shotgun at one point if everything goes under as I only have a little under a grand left in my crypto.

Literally all crypto's promise is a product after 5 years, BZC is the only one of 20 coins that's actually finished.

Or does anyone have any books or stories of losing that amount of money and coming back? It just makes me sick because I was so blinded by grind I want to hurt myself for that.

And I will look into that and research it tonight.

Happens to everyone, take everything you have and long bitcoin on 100x margin.

some high quality bait/shill combo for bzc or

@op, go all in on something and keep doing that til 50k or so. at least til 25k. then start diversifying

5k is nothing in the long run. You will make that kind of spending money back in a couple months at your job

> 1 grand
All-in XRB and pray. It's been seeing very fast steady gains, but has not yet gone vertical. It reminds me of XVG at $.06, except it's not going to crash after because the tech is incredible.

W-were you trading on margin?

Idk man, right now it probably feels like a big deal but honestly it's not. Investing in general has a really strong survivorship bias so it's easy to get the impression that everyone makes it, but most people don't in traditional day trading and I can promise you crypto will have a hundred people like you for every fag with a lambo too.

If you did sound risk management, no drawdown should affect you emotionally.

You have two options: learn risk management and stop gambling or continue gambling and losing money.

hey if you do it post pics

By sitting up properly and making 10k. You will make it o.o

i lost 8k a week ago .. i was devastated i took a week end to research whats next. and im back ... use your pain for fuel

lol it's gone vertical. look at the chart. x50 in less than one month, what is vertical for you?

I owned 4 BTC on MT Gox
guess what happened
I owned about $1k on Cryptsy
Guess what happened
I owned about $500 on Mintpal
Guess what happened
I owned about 4 BTC on BTCe
Guess what happened

Weirdly out of all of them the largest dollar value I lost was on BTCe yet i feel the least bad about it.

>pajeet scammed me

more details op, how exactly did you fuck up? Hard to relate to such a vague story

when i first started i lost almost everything, down to my last $10 i threw it on neo, then it mooned to 50. after i took that and threw it in omg, sold that at 300k sats. sitting on $3000 now hoping link will take me to lamboland. moral of the story is DYOR and HODL

Yeah, I'll most likely go all in on either music coin or LTC.

True, it's just another depressing thought to save up, but I know it's utlimately the only option. I've been considering trying to get my youtube channel on point since I have 4,000 subs on it.

Have you heard of Yota.Biz? If not, youtube it I was actually making money off of it, but I was too greedy to pull out as the return on my investment was high and I actually tested it and it was going to my wallet.

However, in November, it all just shit the bucket, withdrawls stopped and eventually the site closed down after promising an ICO for a crypto coin and then that was it.

I was a fool not to pull out when I could have and just take what gains I could. I won't let that happen again and I know when I trade i'm going to take 5-20% gains and just pull out until I gain it back.

That is comforting to know. I'm trying to figure out what I will invest in next. Especially with the guy who got JUST'd on mt gox.

Yeah, I should be over it emotionally in a bit, but it's just hard when you have little money to invest. I'm not heavy in debt or anything, but I wanted to try and make extra income to at least make some kind of head-way in life.

The only site I've heard out of those 4 is MT Gox. How do you sign up for 4 scam sites in a row? It's easy to blame other people but you don't learn anything that way.

>I'll most likely go all in on either music coin or LTC.

I begin to understand why you lose money.

Invest in yourself so you aren’t stuck wagecucking for $15 an hour the rest of your life. When you are making 10k+ a month after taxes from your 9-5 you won’t give such of a shit about 5k lost

You learn from it and move on, maybe only invest $100 next time until you get the hang of it

Yeah, do you have any other recommendation? I'm probably shit at this and if you have the time to spare I'd be grateful for the advice. As it's clear I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

And I'm trying to. I'm self-employed and try to do stuff like graphic design, virtual assistant work, writing and trying to build up a small business on youtube in a niche I feel I can dominate in since I'm outworking people in it; but it just seems so far away right now and I feel demotivated, but I'm still putting in the work regardless of the losses.

I don't like telling others what coins to buy because why would I let someone else buy it when I can buy it myself? I'll give you one freebie because it shouldn't hurt me too much. TRX is a very good buy. The founder is very active on Twitter and he travels around the world making partnerships because he knows what he's doing.

take 500-1k when you have it and put it into something with steady solid growth. XRB, XRP, XLM, VET, etc. Look for coins with major corporate backing. Very hard to lose on these.

Then just hodl. Take profits when comfortable.

You can make it back, but take the safe route. There's high risk crypto, then there's chainsaw juggling risk (most ICOs)

>How do you sign up for 4 scam sites in a row?
Mintpal and MT Gox were the only scam sites
Cryptsy was just incompetent
and
BTCe was shutdown by the (((FEDS)))
I got 55% back from BTCe also.
They could have just taken it all. Literally hundreds of millions in crypto but didn't.
So not a scam
Kind of surprised you have not heard of Crypty as it was the preeminent American shitcoin exchange.It was where everyone traded doge when it first came out.
or
BTCe
Which was the OG exchange of its time being the first to trade LTC/BTC right when it started.
Heck Charlie Lee use to shill LTC on the trollbox there.

Your greed and eagerness to succeed are obviously getting the best of you and making you take more risk than you should. Behind this kind of behaviour there's always an unrelated problem that needs solving.
>Are you trying really hard to earn someone's approval?
>Are you underperforming your peers or others' expectations of you?
>Is there some basic necessity (food/shelter/entertainment/friendship/intimate relationship) you have been doing without for a while?

Is it possible I could lose alot being on binance, gdax, and bittrex? I'm really scared of a big scandle screwing me over

If you're worried about losing your crypto then invest in a hardware wallet. It's that simple.

This sounds like a good plan as I was thinking in investing in XLM for the long-term because of the IBM thing I heard about.

Thank you for that

I don't care about someone else's approval I feel, but the other two are spot on.

I've gotten into self-employment since I've been freeter/neet for the bulk of my 20's (I'm 24, 25 in Feb) and I got tired of that. So I became self-employed, gave myself skills (writing, graphic design, video editing, built up a following on youtube etc) and I feel so underperformed compared to people my age and it hurts so much that I feel alone.

I'm working, working and working so hard to improve myself, but it feels like everything I worked for recently has fucked up. People are dying in my family, losing money on my crypto, getting harder to find clients, the winter is making me depressed and I feel so alone and that it physically hurts because I've been working in isolation for so long I just want to cry and I know I can't reach because no one else really understands this kind of thing besides those in Veeky Forums or /r9k/ possibly.

So, I'm trying to just nut up, man up and fight; but somedays it just's so fucking hard doing this on my own and there is no one to help me beside myself. I feel empowered by that as I know I can change it, but just fuck man.

You can do it all over again improving with all the lessons you've learned. it's up to you. you have that choice and power.

coping is accepting it. letting it hurt and then moving forward.

I lost 13k margin trading, it was actually 20k but the rest 7k were my own money.
Take a hard look at yourself and the mistakes that led u to lose that money then move on, don’t think about it, work get money and be smart about it, you learn a lot from these mistakes.
Only time heals this kind of mistakes it will still piss you off from time to time thinking about it, but losing is part of life, what matters is that you win more often.

Agree with this. Do not dwell on past mistakes, learn from them, use them to motivate yourself going into the future if you can.

The best lesson you can learn is that money won't make you happy. I'd get books on being internally content, instead of how to cope with monetary losses. Do you think that family members passing would be easier if you had more money...or if you had better relationships, spent more time, spoke more openly etc.?

>Do you think that family members passing would be easier if you had more money...
Definitely. You obviously haven't dealt with anyone close passing away.

People who say money doesn't matter are full of shit. Money is not everything but it sure makes everything a lot easier.

Do you live in the US? Now that crypto is a taxable commodity, you can write it off as a capital loss on your taxes. Get $3k back this year, get the other $2k back next year.

That's not how it works

The 3k he lost is not taxable. He gets 3k × tax bracket back.

The first 2k of any gains next year are not taxes the same way

It doesn't make everything easier, it makes some things easier. If it were the answer to everything then people with lots of money would be the happiest in the world when quite often they are the saddest. Don't get me wrong, a little chunk of it is helpful but it's not the be all and end all.