Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1754: This Is (Not) An Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.rpg.net/index.php/LeviathanTempest:Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk
screenshots.firefox.com/PF2ikI3sUgqn2VZj/boards.Veeky
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypermatter/Legends
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what film from the real world do you miss the most jumpers?

Can Xiang Yu from Petals of Reincarnation be used to turn people who touch your aura into waifus?

That much ease of use would make it one of the strongest abilities in jumpchain.

Super mario bros. We never did get a sequal.

Serious question, what perks are there that can allow me to make a person realize how ironic and stupid they are?

If your servant dies during the holy war, or if it get stolen or you use all your command seal, do you have it at the end of the jump as a companion?

this has been probably asked a million times but I can't into the archives.

...I refuse to believe this is real. No one can be that oblivious.

what's the most creative thing you have done/can do with "world of steel and iron" from the Dragonball GT jump?

I used it to go to the Other Place in the Bartimaeus jump as a spirit and took over all the essence there (which there is an infinite amount off). So now i'm an infinite dimension of magical/reality warping power

or i used my light light fruit from One piece in combination with this perk to take over and control all light in the following jumps

on an unrelated note: is there a jump perk that let's one become a being of pure magic?

Hocus Pocus.

I unironically enjoyed it. It's a really fun and stupid movie, and it was my favorite for a long time.

But I like these drawbacks.

Having a cat head sounds rad as hell. I also don't really mind losing access to my legs (and it's not even the first time I've picked up such a drawback), since it gives me an excuse to build a kickass wheelchair and fly around in an Eggmobile all the time.
To Be Continued just seems fitting for my style of writing. Who needs endings?
Anyway, none of them bother me, so I'd rather just get free stuff.

HEY, JUMPERS. Have you ever taken a drawback, not for the points, but just because you thought it was cool?

>lgbtq community members and people of all faiths (except christians)

that won't end well

It looks like the picture was edited down at the bottom.

I can totally see it being real though.

>Gun-owners

This fuckers need a reality-check

Not until you make one, jumper. With jumper levels of cash, anything is possible.

the 13th warrior

They see me rollin they hatin

Seriously underrated movie, make a jump for it so I can be a bear man or a viking. Please.

How strong is your willpower jumpers? Could you "outwill" Hal Jordan?
What's the best willpower perk?

If I am a wizard from D&D can I still summon demons from D&D when in other settings?

i might if i weren't so shit at jumpmaking and if my english would be better

This technically makes Nitocris your mother by association, since Ozzy treated her as such in her Interlude along with Cleopatra and Alexander.

I miss the music more.

I mean don't get me wrong, it was interesting listening to a Hanar Alternative Rock Band, but every so often I want sit down and rock out to some classic Trust Company, you know?

>HEY, JUMPERS. Have you ever taken a drawback, not for the points, but just because you thought it was cool?
Yup, for my Sailor Moon End Jump.

It was a Plot Point explaining why I was taking Chiba Mamoru's place in the plot. Shaman Apsu erased him from Time and I happened to jump in and the Golden Crystal inhabited me, bringing with it the identity of Endymion's Reincarnation. However, it fucked up my memories something fierce.

>Could you "outwill" Hal Jordan?
Easily, I am a 5 time dwarf jumper and a 4 time ship captain and pirate. Lets see Hal Jordan try to outwill that.

Haki from one piece lets you weaponize willpower

He's a total Chad, with beetle-like strides.

Anyone every go to a setting purely to companion someone? if so, which jump/who?
I was personally tempted to go to Tetsuwan Birdy for Birdy

Almost anyone can do that. Hal Jordan has a will of taffy. Probably because of all the head injuries he's taken over the years.

>HEY, JUMPERS. Have you ever taken a drawback, not for the points, but just because you thought it was cool?
A few.
I took The Ride Never Ends in Hero Union BBS to have something to do in my time there (and pick up more magic for my Magical Index) since you can't actually get universe-travelling magic on your starting world alone.
I could probably have gotten some guy from the BBS to give me a lift, but why leave it to chance?

I took Locked Curse in Ranma 1/2 not for the points but just because i didn't want to bother with the switching.
Since i'm switching gender as the mood strikes me anyway it's not like staying one for 10 years is a hardship.

I took Befriending in Lyrical Nanoha just because that's how it works in-setting.
Same thing with Where Are They? in Generic Magical Girl. It just doesn't feel right if you start with the team already assembled for a magical girl story.

All the jumps I visit are for waifus, except one or two in which I like some power.

Suffered through High School of the Dead and that fucking Roach solely for Saeko.
> mfw Roach tried putting the moves on me

>osmosian (Ben 10) + world of steel and iron= instantly control all the material you touch?

Can i just become the whole ocean if i touch it then?

>Roach

Who? You mean the MC's childhood friend that left him for that other dude?

Is it just me, or is the Leviathan The Tiamat jump kinda shit? I know nothing of the setting, and the jump explains nothing as well. Like, Leviathans get two Channels, but there isn't a Channel table or something like that. Am I just supposed to make some up?

All the time actually. That's actually like 70% of the appeal of Jumpchain to me.

The other is making worlds better and beating up people I don't like.

>Saeko
Good taste. Not best taste, but still good.

>You mean the MC's childhood friend that left him for that other dude?
Yeah. Her.

I mean, I worked on making her and everyone else a better person, but there was still some shit that I just could not let go.

Yes. That one that made you Haruhi's childhood friend. Also, wheelchair bound drawbacks.

Definitely.

Varied Interpretations was one of those for me too, except I went with a bird's head. Think Horus.

I always pick up the Deer Lord drawback in Nichijou, because high powered wrestlemania with an overpowered but otherwise normal deer seems hilarious to me.

And in What We Do In The Shadows I went with the Child drawback, just because how hilarious that was in combination with being an extremely ancient vampire.

I also almost always pick drawbacks that give me a weird form. Like being a gorilla in Dr McNinja, or an iceberg in Titanic.

>hating Roach
die in a fire

modern warfare jump might be nice for a Price tree that has "is batshit insane in a good way" as a capstone

LET'S HIJACK A BOOMER TO EMP THE EAST COAST

Its not done some jackass uploaded the wip.

Who cares about that bitch anyway? Saeko is the patrician choice. Though the pink haired one wasn't bad.

Huh. Well, that explains a lot.

It's just you, yes. Everyone else found it perfectly understandable. Probably because we looked it up since the thing is a free homebrew that anyone can read. I guess it was silly for the author to assume everyone would know to do that, though, it's not immediately obvious and they just chanced out hard with all of us up to you having done so. It's a pretty good string of luck. Anyways, have a link wiki.rpg.net/index.php/LeviathanTempest:Main_Page

Basically everything that explains the actual powers Leviathans have was going to be its own pdf, which was not actually made by the time people apparently decided it was good enough to go on the Drive. The jumpmaker disappeared for a rather long time between posting the first WIPs and the "complete" doc so there's good odds they'll come back to finish that... eventually.

This might help.

>Not best taste, but still good.
Did you impregnate her user?

yes

Didthey mount Guts on tank treads or something?

>What We Do In The Shadows
Is it me or is that one not on the drive?
I know Val's latest jumps all landed in imaged (apperently for having black backgrounds with white text), but it's not there either.

I wouldn't know. The drive's been crapping out on me for the last few days, can't find a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

>I miss the music more.
This.

I've just wanked that after taking a few perfect memory perks and music boosts I've been able to recreate the sheet music for every song I've ever heard. That way I can make sure I get copies of the songs I like that play on media players. That's good for spreading music around the multiverse.

However, once I paired the perfect memory perks with a couple of the higher end bard / personal soundtrack offerings I was able to play what I want when I want. It's not an everywhere all the time thing, but sometimes . . . just sometimes when you're willing to go all in on the narm, having Rob Zombie play while you transform into something gnarly and then chase fools down is thoroughly enjoyable.

what happens if one "controlls all light"?

Sorta? For me it's Tenchi. I don't comp[anion anyone there, but I go there to meet the characters. That was one of my first anime series I watched to completion, so I have a soft spot for the characters.

Coincidentally, that's also why it's my end jump. Ideologically I hate the Chosin Experiment, and I want to stop it and explain to the Chosin why it's wrong.

You mean Rei, i guess, judging by the wiki? I've never seen the show, and I'm curious where the hate is coming from.

Way too long since the last time I read HOTD, but Rei already had something with Takashi (Mc) before she started becoming closer with the other dude (a friend of Takashi), sometime before the start of the series, she dumps Takashi to be with the other dude, the same dude that dies in the very first episode. Rei tries to get closer to Takashi during the series, when he's just starting to get over her in favor of Saeko.

...But I don't remember much.

He still has feelings for her, if I remember right, but yeah, he's starting to move on to Saeko while she's trying to get with him. Pretty sure it's just those two, since Pinky is in a Will They, Won't They situation with the chubby guy who's also a great shot.

well "all light" might be a bit of an overstatement, since you seem to have to be in contact with the material
but you could potentially control all light that hits the eart or even control all light being emitted from the sun and bend it however you please

>make a laser combined of all the light emitted by the sun
>selectively create areas of pure darkness or ligt
>blind enemies as you wish
>create lasers from literally anywhere
>spawn from anywhere where a source of light exists

also don't forget that you can transform any material into the material you're composed off with the transformation ray from GT, making all of that even more powerful

If I remember right, FatBro got his waifu in the form of a police girl during the manga.
But yeah, that's about it.

...Do any of you know of Oda Nobuna No Yabou?

It's got the rules for how they interact within the context of the Exalted Dream settings. None of those are canon to the real Exalted setting or how it works. Hell, charms and primordials all work completely differently in those settings.

Even reading the text in the Shards book, it directly contradicts SWLiHN's charms in Broken Winged Crane. There, she has the ability to possess/mindblank 'computers' and 'AI' at a distance in multiple ways. In Shards, it explicitly says she has to PHYSICALLY TOUCH part of a computer or something that gives a network connection (not even other things in the network) to a computer. This shows that the Shards version of the charm is specifically being errata'd by that setting to nerf it and make it weaker than it is in mainline canon. Thus, the charm you get the main Exalted setting DOES NOT have the restrictions added in by the Exalted Dream setting, because they contradict each other in ability.

There's even another charm Nouma whatever, that Exalted dream nerfs to have to touch an object or something that gives it a network connection. These are just for-setting balance changes, nothing more and nothing that reflects on the core setting.

>Roach
>die in a fire
shepherd pls go

What if you were just a star?

Okay, then Hollow Mind Apotheosis can't be used on regular computers at all. Because if we're just using the rules in Broken-Winged Crane, it only functions on magical geomantic computing networks.

He did, but she got killed off. I think the implication was, given that Pinky was starting to develop feelings for him, that afterwards they would eventually get together, especially given the parental role they had taken for the little girl...shit, what was her name? The one that Takashi rescued and they all took in? Unfortunately, the series was left finished, and with the recent death of Daisuke Satō, the guy writing it, in March, it's never getting finished.

I've heard of it, but to be honest I don't know much about it.

Probably Escape from New York and Escape from LA. Snake Plissken is the BEST, but sadly seems to be unique to our universe. Admittedly I haven't been to a lot of "near modern" worlds in my Chain so I might just have been unlucky.

I've found some excellent alternate versions of my other favorites in this newest world though. Even some bad movies remade to be a lot better. Hellgirl turned out to be surprisingly good and Sherlock Hound kept up the level of witty banter and face paced action I had hoped. There are others but I could be here all day trying to list them.

Strangely enough though, I found a shot for shot duplicate of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in a bargain bin at the nearly dead mall nearby. With the same actors from my home universe, despite none of them existing here. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Isn't that the "sengoku jidai but everyone is genderbent?"

You'd be a cousin, obviously.

left unfinished*, not finished.

sweet mother of hips

This is a second version of the Atlantis Turtledove jump I'm working on.

I've clarified on a little more what happens if you take the "Slave" drawback. I've also filled out the Drop-In perk line.

I'm still having some trouble coming up with ideas for gear.

>He thinks there's any functional difference between the two
Now this post you made is just a personal balance. Definitely not canon to Exalted at all.

Don't be bitter just because I found a contradiction in the source material to prove my point. Hell, even if both of these books WERE in Exalted core, the fact that they contradicted would give someone cause to choose which interpretation is canon. Similar to any errata. But that's not the case here.

Right, forgot about her death. FatBro was a mess after that. Nothing a jumper can't fix anyway.

...Yeah. I claimed a jump for it and I'm just reading the LN.

A man of refinement and culture I see.

I remember someone here mentioning a table top setting where players were hyper component space marines with ridiculously advanced spaceships, could anyone remind me of the name of it? Not 40k.

>Harry Turtledove
Isn't that the same guy who wrote the series on aliens invading during World War 2?

If you've done all that research you should have noticed the restrictions on the BWC version too.

Namely that Hollow Mind Possession only works on Manses with a Material Intelligence, automatons, warstriders with animating intelligences, hellstriders and other hellforged wonders and the minds of the dream-eaten.

Even cursory familiarity with Exalted will tell you that all of those (except the last) have an intelligence, so even a liberal ruling to adapt it to modern settings shouldn't include computers without AI.
And without that the BWC charm doesn't include computers at all, which is unsurprising since they don't exist in the setting.

Yes, yes he is. I haven't actually read that one though.

No, it's canon. Look at the charm text. It says you can possess the Material Intelligences of manses, automata, warstriders with Awakened Intelligences, hellstriders, Hellforged artifacts, and the mindless victims of the Fae Folk. It says nothing about mundane computers that run on electricity and not geomantic energy. The only mention of normal computers is in Shards of the Exalted Dream, but by your own words we're only counting the text of Broken-Winged Crane because you don't like how the changes in Shards restricts its range. I'm working within the confines you've laid down, you are the one that's not being consistent right here.

In Overlord The Series which do you think Sorcerous Swordsman or Damage Focused Warrior would be closer to a Samurai? Trying to go all Sasaki Kojirou in my current chain.

Damage Focused Warrior.

Damage-Focused Warrior, probably. "One cut, one kill" and all that.

See , I already explained it to you once.

Also, 'automatons' have an intelligence the same way any preprogrammed machine has one. Guess what a computer is? Any sort of 'program' should be effected similarly.

Don't post twice, the post timer makes it obvious. See above.

>It says nothing about mundane computers that run on electricity...
There's no difference. You assuming there's a difference is fanwank.

Also for all your triggering, I wonder if you realize that it would take no effort to simply invent a 'non-programmed machine hacking/possession' charm with the same effects since it's just Essence 3. And of course, it'd have no 'muh touch range' bullshit because this isn't Shards of the Exalted Dream.

Can I enter? I'm a right wing, white male, but I'm also in the faggot community and a Jedi

Damage focused warrior build is made for this.

Damage Focused Warrior. Probably combined with Monk if you're going unarmored.

Sorcerous Swordsman explicitly mixes magic and martial. It's a gish in a can, not a samurai.

The man is /the/ alt-history writer, if only by profligacy. The issue is that half his books are "WW2 but X" or taking some alt-his scenario and having it play out WW2.

Would "you're good at strategy" perks still be available with the 300/600cp drawbacks?

Alright thanks for all the help with this, I wasn't sure since SS kept mentioning how skilled they were with a blade.

>Don't post twice, the post timer makes it obvious. See above.
I'm not, don't be so arrogant as to assume everyone who disagrees with you is the same person.
screenshots.firefox.com/PF2ikI3sUgqn2VZj/boards.Veeky Forums.org

>There's no difference. You assuming there's a difference is fanwank.
No, you assuming there isn't is fanwank. Essence is manifestly not electricity. It behaves in very different ways from it. A computer that runs on electrical principles is going to have a very different architecture than one that runs on motonic principles.

> I wonder if you realize that it would take no effort to simply invent a 'non-programmed machine hacking/possession' charm with the same effects since it's just Essence 3.
I do realize this. It makes me wonder why you're so dead set on your interpretation of this charm being accepted as truth. You've got other tools available, yet you insist that this tool that doesn't do what you want it to does. How odd.

>Also, 'automatons' have an intelligence the same way any preprogrammed machine has one.
This is wrong. As per Wonders of the Lost Age automata explicitly have an intelligence.
I'd suggest you actually familiarize yourself with the setting before making statements like that.

As for
>Don't post twice
I'm not the same guy. Trying to get out of a losing argument by claiming samefagging won't make you any more right.

That could be done I think. Maybe a perk based off of Victor Radcliff?

One of the main strategies of the characters in the book isn't usually trying for overwhelming victory - it's basically losing until they win. Both Victor and Frederick Radcliff do this - essentially proving more trouble than they're worth.

I should work that in somewhere, yeah.

>screenshots.firefox.com/PF2ikI3sUgqn2VZj/boards.Veeky Forums.org

I bet you just edited the text with the Inspect feature! Samefaggers!

...I totally misread your question.

Yeah, being good at strategy would still be available with those drawbacks.

So long as you're not curbstomping armies by yourself, you're generally good.

That sounds good, could always use more strategy perks.

It's cool, like I said new strategy perks are always great. Gotcha, I can work with that. Now I can teach everyone Hamon!

>make a laser combined of all the light emitted by the sun

i just looked that up and the energy emitted by the sun for 10 second is just barely enough to blow up the earth

what the hell was in that fucking death star?

Hypermatter, apparently.
What is Hypermatter you ask?
Who the hell knows. EU be trippin'

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypermatter/Legends

It's not a matter of arrogance, it's a matter of you posting the same reply slightly reworded little more than a minute apart.

>No, you assuming there isn't is a fanwank.
Sure, but cut the 'no.' Both are fanwanks, which is why you trying to insist yours have primacy over mine is ridiculous.

>Essence is manifestly not electricity
Too bad we're talking about manipulating systems, not raw essence.

>A computer that runs on...
Fanwank.

>I do realize this.
Then you're essentially arguing semantics needlessly. As far as "I want to do thing with exalted" goes, the difference between "You can use this charm." and "You can invent a charm that does the same thing but for x." is essentially meaningless. It's an extra step that only matters in specifics.

>It makes me wonder why you're so dead set on your interpretation
I'm dead set on arguing against you because you insisted that the errata in Shards of the Exalted dream retroactively applies to charms in Exalted Core even if they contradict. This entire argument sprouts from that point, which is what I argued against most vehemently. This one is the most important point.

>As per Wonders of the Lost Age automata explicitly have an intelligence.
You're working with the wrong definition of intelligence, I should think. It doesn't mean sapience or even sentience if it applies to what amounts to a robot, any robot, even a mere toy.

Expanded universe stuff says that it uses something called "hypermatter" to produce insane amounts of energy from a small amount of reaction mass. Hyperdrives use it for fuel, too, in smaller quantities. It's some weird degenerate matter that's made when the core of a planet is exposed to intense radiation from the planet's star after the planet is destroyed. But whatever it is, it allows for the near-instantaneous generation of 10^32 joules of energy. Personally, I'm more impressed with the Death Star's heat-management technology. Even if the energy capture from a hypermatter reactor has an impossible 99.999% efficiency, that's still 10^27 joules of heat being released, more than enough to melt the Death Star even if it doesn't explode it. Where are they putting that heat?

Now you know why the Death Star has all those thermal exhaust ports.