Zweihander print-on-demand leaked $49.99 at DriveThruRPG

I downloaded the PDF from the 7chan thread and liked what I saw. Didn't care for alignment, but whatever that can be dropped. My DM is playing in the Old World during the time of three emperors.

Rolled up my first rat catcher tonight! She's a bit weak, but the first session felt right. I hit more often than I thought I would. It's different than Warhammer Fantasy but feels sort of the same. Some odd mechanics, but may just need some getting used to.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/metal.php
rapidstone.com/105v/Zweihander_-_Illustrated_Edition.pdf
drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=9c3cc28b9b
princeofnothingblogs.wordpress.com/tag/tarnowskis-latest-assault-upon-a-largely-innocent-public/
pariedolia.weebly.com/exegesis/on-my-departure-from-therpgsite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh nice just got the book myself. shipping was sort of expensive to uruguay, but drivethru doesn't have alot of cheaper options.

Nobody gives a shit about your crappy warhammer fantasy knock off Daniel.

Didn't this guy DMCA Da Archive because Zweihander appeared on there?

Still I'd like to try it.

>e Zweihander appeared on there?
no mageguru said daniel emailed him about it a month ago. 7chan said it was a real company that dmca the post. i got the zweihander pdf before they took it down tho. biggest rpg ive seen next to fatal. only read the intro so far

yo user, not daniel, but it has some momentum behind it. seems like it was being pirated all over 7chan. its literally in the top three of all time best sellers at dtrpg. clearly people give a shit about a crappy warhammer fantasy knock off. drivethrurpg.com/metal.php

Oh hey, I remember that when it was in kickstarter. Seemed like the art was the main selling point though, aside form the tone which isn't necessarily a mechanical thing.

Say what you will about the DMCA request, numbers don't lie. There's a reason people keep sharing it.

It's some artfag from Serbia who did the design. That being said, it looks like John Blanche's work.

Pity I didn't get to it in time to get a free copy.

Always good to see games do well though.

He did mention he'd give a copy away for anyone that emailed him. The thread he posted in was deleted, however in the wake of the 7chan debacle.

here u go. if you like it, support the creator at dtrpg:
rapidstone.com/105v/Zweihander_-_Illustrated_Edition.pdf

Nah. Don't give that shitball any money.

Great. Now we got Daniel impersonating Mage. You really are a turbo autist.

likely doesn't need your money anyhow. Zweihander being a platinum seller on DriveThru means it sells better than D&D, which is pretty astonishing given that Star Trek is #1 and Index Card RPG is #2.

Wow. now he's impersonating Da Archivist too. Who's next Daniel City of Carse?

It must be sad you have to use troll tactics to get any attention for your failing game.

Nah it deserves support, great art, great rules, the kickstarter copies were beautiful.

Stop being so ass mad that you've been inconvenienced in stealing shit

Apparently it's not successful enough to get some colored art for it's book.

pretty much this. i cannot imagine zweihander is all that upset over sharing anyhow, it is the people who actually paid for the pdf who are getting fucked by people sharing it on here.

>great art
Such shit taste. You can find better sketches on deviantart than half the stuff in that book. The only decent image is on the cover. the rest are just half-assed pencil doodles.

clearly, you don't even warhammer, bro. they even said in their kickstarter they wanted black and white art so that it looks like old school warhammer.

So you're saying they intentionally made a shitty book. Right. Got it!

the only taste you know is of your mom's pussy, so there's that.

so shitty it's the number three seller of all time on drive thru? okay dude. #stophittingyourself

The salt of one obsessed pirate fag really warms my cockles, I have to say.

Stop being a fag. Facts are facts. It sold well, we pirated it and the more we talk about it, the more successful it becomes. Clearly you have a basement-fueled vendetta or some other sort of autistic obsession with Zweihander. Move the fuck on.

>the more we talk about it, the more successful it becomes
Not really how it works.

>shitty book

salt in your vagina, you have.

>2017
>not liking b/w art
end yourself righteously

That's not what Zweihander spoke of with Dav Davenport during his AMA. Notice most conversation over the past five years about Warhammer Fantasy always bring up Zweihander, either by the writer or other people? Seems like that was his go to market strategy.

>Seems like that was his go to market strategy.
And it fucking worked. He decided to be the pathfinder of Warhammer fucking Fantasy, and somehow this became a winning proposition. Why the fuck does the market always gravitate towards rip-offs?

it was pretty fucking annoying, but thats pretty much the case now. its toned down a lot on rpg.net but the more i read, the more i began to actually like what he was saying about zweihander's design. the kickstarter ended up working for him.

rpgpundit prides himself on being a nationalist asshole, and he ended up working on d&d. it even brought him fame for dark albion. seems like being a force of personality can make you stand out in a sea of OSR-alikes. because let's face it, there's a ton of rpgs out there that never do well because the writers don't know how to sell themselves or make their product stand out. but when you dont have money or fame, i guess you gotta be creative.

>Why the fuck does the market always gravitate towards rip-offs?

the same reason why the majority of people play dungeons and dragons and other D20-alikes: familiarity and nostalgia.

I will probably never play the game, but I have to say, it's interesting. It's definitely given me inspiration for my Magical Burst knock-off that's perpetually on the back-burner.

Played this the other day.

Everyone agreed its a much more interesting system than D&D. With the various peril/corruption/skill mechanics.

Admittedly most of my group is burned out on D&D.

I want to buy the book but I'm waiting for muh discount the guy promised if you'd bought the pdf.

>My DM is playing in the Old World during the time of three emperors
Tell your DM that he has good taste.

>the same reason why the majority of people play dungeons and dragons and other D20-alikes: familiarity and nostalgia.
no, people play games that are attached to brands because it gives you nerd creds. it gives a lil shine that playing unknown fantasy game no. 45781 doesn't give you. you can adorn yourself by casually mentioning that you played the nuWarhammer and that you always loved the system.

So, is it 700 pages long d100 combat simulator or there is something worthwhile about the system?

Maybe in the nerd circles you run in, but not others.

Different user. The graphite drawings in 2e were okay, but I hope Cubicle does better. There are some absolutely astounding artists out there working in pen and ink. Having a setting so obsessed with the 16th century HRE and not using something inspired by Durer just seems like such a wasted opportunity.

Zweihander is a lot of things. Big is one ofthem. It brings a lot to the table for people who are used to D&D and otherOSR products. Most of which are a boon to the gaming experience.
Pros (or at least the cool stuff that caught myattention):
An interactive combat system. You are not just hit or not. The attacker may hit and the defender has a chance to parry depending on if they held some of their actions.
Racial malleability. The game has your standard fantasy races, however there is not a fixed template. You get to pick amongst several different facets of the racial stereotype, meaning a party of all elves would still have some differences.
A solid theme. The mechanics support a very dangerous and gritty theme. Combat is deadly, healing is hard, magic is dangerous, and disease is rampant. The game has a massive amount of material but does not have a pre-defined \\"world\\". You could drop it into renaissance Earth, Warhammer\\'s Olde Worlde, your own homebrew or even another campaign world of your choice like Forgotten Realms. Any of these and more will work, as long as you keep that grim & perilous theme.
A straight forward rule system. The book is massive (You\\'ll never stop hearing this!) But it contains everything you need to play, rules, character building, advice, world building, adventure hooks, bestiary. Because the rules are pretty clear you will find you will have to do very little referencing back as you play, but see the Cons list below for when you do.
Cons
The writing is a little disjointed. It is a big book 700+ pages.
Dark humor. Ok this isn\\'t REALLY a con, but the book reads like an inside joke. It repeatedly pushes the grim & perilous nature to the game, the dark seriousness of it all. It makes a specific point to spell out how a combat heavy dungeon crawl like many RPGs focus on will result only in death an misery. Then it proceeds to break the fourth wall and include a dungeoneer class with plenty of references to Gary Gygax.

Zweihander is an improvement on WFRP2E, one way in which it is better is that you can set the tone a bit better as it classifies all careers into six classes of people: Academic, Commoner, Knave, Ranger, Socialite, Warrior. Want a game of dirty peasants walking the heroic journey cut out all but Commoner, Knave, and maybe Ranger. Want a grounded, dirty experience with no courtroom drama just eliminate Academic and Socialite. Want to go the other way and be all about politicing? Only play Academic and Socialite careers. Each of these classes only dictate some trappings (gear) and 12 professions (which are very similar to WFRP 1-2E) that you can start with. So while it can guide the tone of the game this isn't like limiting a D&D game to 2 or 3 or 4 classes.

The digital copy is fully indexed, has a great TOC, and both are hyperlinked to their pages to help ease the 700 pages of content.

700 pages is crazy huge! Except this is a One Book RPG, a full bestiary and example adventure pad out the content greatly. At it's core Zweihander remains a rather simple game with several great innovations on the WFRP core. I would consider it roughly as mechanically heavy as 5th edition D&D. The PHB section is about 350 pages (the list of professions is 120 pages, 80 more are spells), the DMG about 100, the bestiary about 160 pages, and the example adventure about 35 pages.

The artwork is crisp and fantastic and plentiful, and while I believe they could have made it color, and like No Country For Old Men, Logan, and Mad Max: Fury Road, its better in binary. If it wasn't an economic decision it should have been an artistic decision because it makes the art POP.

Anyway, I'm just saying it's worth the time to download the pdf and skim because if you're anything like me you'll fall in love with it.

I just got the email on this from DriveThruRPG. Its pre-release price is 49.99 (normally 59.99), but the discounted code gives it to you for 44.99. Sharing here - no limit on the code but its gone in 48 hours. Not sure how many people can use it tho: drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=9c3cc28b9b

Thank you copypasta man

it's the case in many "nerd" circles. D&D's business model runs on nerd credibility.

I've been playing RPGs since 1985. Wtf social circles do you run in that playing Elf games gives you cred of anykind? Is this seriously a thing with you young guys?

>I've been playing RPGs since 1985. Wtf social circles do you run in that playing Elf games gives you cred of anykind?

This. Nerd credibility is a fucking waste of my adult time and game time. Who gives a shit whether I like D&D, AD&D or Warhander/Zweihammer? I can like them all and not talk about them without worrying about how a bunch of other neckbeards feel about me.

>Not sure how many people can use it tho: drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=9c3cc28b9b

I just picked up the print on demand. Thanks for the link user

Eat a buffet of dicks

The amount of samefaggotry in this thread is staggering

Looks like the asswipe that made this game is seeking publicity by trolling. Interesting.

He's literally talking to himself, shilling this game, sockpuppeting, and false-flagging as known namefags to prop up his charade
Amazing stuff

It seems like they were trying to create some sort of cinematic systems. Combat seems strange, alignment system is crap and careers are bland. I was expecting to see WHF 2e reworked in the style of WH40k. This is just a big disappointment for me.

>17 IPs
>53 posts
Yeah, someone is doing a bit of shilling here. I doubt anyone has actually played this.

That's his marketing strategy and it worked.

what's amazing is the amount of fantasizing that neckbeards here engage in. truly astonishing.

>what's amazing is the amount of fantasizing that neckbeards here engage in. truly astonishing.

Yep.

I mean, the guys all over Facebook. Maybe if someone reached out to him direct they could confirm whether it's him or not. He was very transparent during his Q&A about his marketing approach. Who fucking knows? Look at the shit RPGpundit made up about Zack Sabbath and James Raggi. Its clear people make shit up - anonymously sometimes - just to watch the world burn.

Or, you know, people can continue gossiping like a gaggle of monkeys trying to gangbang a pack of Little Debbie minidonuts.

well, people are bored and so they create the types of narratives that entertain them the most. and the idea that some RPG designer with a somewhat successful publication should be pathetic enough to anonymously shill his game here is fun enough.

To put things into perspective, it’s a bunch of bored adults at work arguing and making up narratives about a guy who wrote a game where you pretend to be Elves and Dwarves. Pretty fucking lame if you ask me. And why anyone things the guy would give a shit is beyond me. I am sure he’s lamenting as he counts all the money he’s made off of discussions like these.

Daniel has always had a good candor and communications line, even after he was banned posthumously from therpgsite for bullshit. Sorry but I don’t don’t believe he’s do something like this. Why set yourself up for failure when your rep drives sales?

Why was he banned?

Well, that's sorta not true. He was banned from rpg.net but the mods let him back after he promised not to shill in the public forum. He also mentioned it in his Q&A with Dan Davenport, who is a mod over at rpg.net.

He reputedly 'doxxed' RPGPundit by revealing his real name John Tarnowski. I'd take anything that RPGPundit and his circle jerk says with a grain of salt. Pundit is a known liar and has ran off a number of creators from his website with fake, made up drama. He ran off Zack Sabbath and James Raggi, too.In summary, John has done the same historically, and refused to show any proof. So basically its bullshit all to increase Pundit's internet personality,

Rpgpundit also threatened a DMCA about princeofnothing's 5 part review of Dark Albion. You have to read this its fucking hilarious: princeofnothingblogs.wordpress.com/tag/tarnowskis-latest-assault-upon-a-largely-innocent-public/

'posthumously' is the key word here. Pundit banned a ton of people for leaving therpgsite.com. Several long time posters of the site left whenever rpgpundit threatened women with violence. zweihander was one of those people, and pundit continued the charade to increase his net worth with his flagellants. basically, he rode on the coattails of zweihander's success and whenever zwei said enough was enough, pundit threw him under the bus.

Say what you will about political leanings, but pundit went absolutely nuts. Many of us left to the rpgpub.com because of it - pariedolia.weebly.com/exegesis/on-my-departure-from-therpgsite