That's a secret

>Everyone is John
>Anything but casual scum territory

>Warhammer Fantasy
>Same tier as WoD, especially the really weird lines

My favorite is DtD 7th edition

VtM is Level 1.
VtR, MtAw, HtV and CtL are Level 2.
WtA, WtF, MtAs, HtR and GtSE are Level 3.
All other splats are Level 4.

I did the layout for one of those in the Hardcore level and created one of those in the level below it.

I've played Time Wizards. Get on my level, pleb.

Cyberpunk 2020, off the scale I guess

On the "Gamer," is that a tragically misplaced nose or a single elf ear?

Well, I've played a World of Darkness game that wasn't Vampire, that's as deep as I can go as far as what I've actually played.

Fuck off, hipster.

it's a tumor

I haven't actually played anything. I just come here because I like pretending I'll play something someday.

Me and a few friends actually did play a game of Kill Puppies for Satan while we were wasted once. It was great.

I've played FATAL. It was fun.

We know you're lying because FATAL is unplayable if you actually try to follow the rules.

>no MYFAROG

The only people who play MYFAROG are Kristian and people who just shitpost on Veeky Forums instead of actually playing games.

That's a meme. The rules are fucked up, but they are not unplayable. You just need some Excel magic to make them work.

Where does Unknown Armies fit on this

Where's Wild Talents and other ORE games? I'm thinking L3 or L4.

>Dungeons and Dragons all in one tier
5th edition and Pathfinder are L1
4th and 3.5th are L2
OSR games are L3
AD&D 2e is L4
Editions before AD&D 2e are L5
Chainmail and OD&D are Ascended

>Everyone is John
>Anything but casual scum territory
You have to be pretty deep into the hobby (L2 - L3?) to even know about EiJ, much less have the confidence to actually get a game together. I think L4 is appropriate.

Somehow exactly 50% of my time is in normie territory and the other half is in hardcore, I wonder what this means for my level...

What level is something like Kagematsu?

I've played at least two games from every level except Hardcore.

Why on Earth is DtD way down at the bottom? It's only minimally fucked up.

>every single game in final category are memes.
gay

It operates on 7 levels of irony

Catan is normie as hell, a ton of people in highschool and college played it.

firmly in the Weird Guy -> Hardcore range, proving I'm a veteran gamer of distinguished tastes who doesn't have time for edgy meme games.

I think OP is referring to Catan as played in that one greentext.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten is hardcore? It used to be pretty widely raved about. Oh well, I guess I'm hardcore.

GURPS and 5E - does that average me out to l2? Also play Stars Without Number but that's not on there.

Not if you are playing right...

Only level 3. Although I would argue that Demon the Decent should probably be tier four and exalted should be tier three. Also am I blind or is RIFTS not on here? I figure that has to be pretty far down.

>I don't know about these games so they don't count
Yipes.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't enough rules to run a real game, but it was years ago when I read the book and one could always improvise if they run out of rules. Character creation can be definitely done RAW, but I'm not sure about combat.

I'm at the bottom if Catan counts which is dumb because that shit is normie as fuck. I don't see Settlers of Catan elsewhere so must be unless i'm missing something. Should be 1-2 easy. Thank Big Bang Theory for it, but fucking Chads play that shit now like it's Checkers.

As for my TRUE level, it's 5. I've done a few games of Anima. Good if you like overly complex systems (which I do)

Everyone is John should be higher. The fact it has basically no rules pushes it up regardless of obscurity which isn't even low enough to justify level 4.

Didn't see Cyberpunk 2020, 40k, RIFTs, and What the fuck do you mean by "Star Wars RPG?!". I think there are 4 distinct systems for SW. d6, d20, fantasy flight, and one more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Bad showing. Fix your shit. You should be ashamed.

It's not my chart

And I'm 90% sure they mean proper catan

>What's your level Veeky Forums?

Level five...

Eclipse phase isn't that bad is it?

Is it?

Mostly given a bad rep by people who misunderstand it and think it's all about freaky body-swapping ERP and political circle-jerking.

It's Level 3 at most.

MYFAROG is 5
Starfinder maybe 2
I mostly agree with this guy on dnd. Lumping all of dnd is dumb. You have enough space to spin out a few of more notable editions at least.
4e is could still be 1 even if its not the newest version. Being designed to feel like WoW counts for a lot. You could make a case that PF is MORE complex than 3.5 at this point, maybe pushing it down to level 2, but with just the Core rules it's an easy 1 just off popularity.

Catan requires a half-naked submissive to play properly. If you don't have one, it's under Board Games at the tippy tip top.

wtf is proper Catan? As far I can tell, no other Catan game but SoC, it's expanisons, and spinoffs exists. Maybe Google is failing me but I doubt it. Prove me wrong.

See

Where does Free Cities fall into

It's a meme based on a totally true story that was told on Veeky Forums a long time ago.

Long story short, a typical Veeky Forums nerd ends up playing Settlers of Catan with a couple of hardcore gothic BDSM-lifestylers. It goes about as well as you'd expect.

good times. thx.

>What's your level Veeky Forums?

What level would Nechronica be on? Or for that matter Kingdom Death?

Also I don't think "ERP Threads" would be the bottom level, they'd be as surface level as "That Weird Guy" or "Jaded Outcast"; tons of casuals do ERP.

>Nechronica
>Kingdom Death
>ERP threads on Veeky Forums
Yeah, you qualify for Ascended.

Why are the different 40k RPGs in different tiers when they're essentially the same game?

Because whoever made this is a fucking idiot

What level is HellMOO?

Wait, has no one else actually played Kill Puppies for Satan?

Only at hardcore right now, but would be up for running a game of noumenon sometime.

Where would Normality fit?

Are you eastern european? If yes then pretty sure it's level 1

I play Exalted and Scion, so level 4.

>not knowing racial holy war

I've played Everyone is John.
Really fun. Killed the president.

Which president?

casual scum

We didn't specify, but this was in 2015 or 2016.

No Myfarog? How could you possibly call yourself a gamer and not play Myfarog?

Where does Macho Women with Guns fit?

I have. Just ignore the normalfag whining about meme games.

Why do you put VtR, which is more accessible and easier to pick up and play, at a deeper level than VtM?

It's more obscure, duh

>The actively supported game is more obscure
???

How's this for an improved version of the rankings
>Level 1
D&D, PF/SF, most of the big TCGs, Catan, Call of Cthulu
>Level 2
WoD/CoD, M&M, Shadowrun, Netrunner, 40k RPGs, Exalted, DW/PbtA
>Level 3
GURPS, Fate, Savage Worlds, Eclipse Phase, Paranoia, Warhammer Fantasy RPG, Maid
>Level 4
BRP, FUDGE, Traveler, Ironclaw, Maid (Actually read the rulebook)

Not sure beyond that

Actually, Level 1 should have D&D (3e and later) and Level 2 should have D&D (2e and earlier

>traveller used to be more popular than D&D
>now it's level 4

Level 2.5.

My favorite isn't listed, so 'transendent'

>Pathfinder below M:tG
Hyukhyukhyuk get back in your casual scum corner.

>traveller used to be more popular than D&D

Where's Nechronica fall?

I played time wizards anyways, i'm ascended

I am 99% in Level 2 and 1, but when the stars align, I delve deep into ASCENDED. I sure do miss when I could run DtD regularly.

>Caring about fangames like Genius at all
kys

> Fucking Dungeon World makes it on there
> No Apocalypse World
> No Don't Rest Your Head

Why?

I miss my Maid RPG campaign. Though I'm solid in "That weird guy" territory.

looks like im eldritch abomination for playing Dungeon The Dragoning 7th ed

Level 3, on average.

Though I have played a bit of DtD before with my group, though not for long.

Why is deathwatch at a lower level than dark heresy?
Also where is nechronica?

CoC is pretty popular, what's this noise

>really enjoy WtO
>own a 2nd Ed book
>preorded a hard copy of Wr20
>have no one to play with
Guess I'm level 4 then...

I'm a solid level 4.

That Wierd Gu-
>ERP threads
Oh well nevermind then

>nechronica
Do you even have to ask?

good post

Does anyone actually have a comprehensive set of rules for Time Wizards?

Where would AD&D 1e go? Betty and Veronica meet the Punisher was quite fun though.

>Started out 2
>Was 3 for a long time
>Now at 1

Currently, on 3 and 5 rotating each week. And one that is every week that is not in the chart but it's probably around 4~5.

>Level 2
Any d20 system, anything from John Wick
>Level 3
Pokerole/PTU/PTA, "Homebrew Systems"
>Level 4
Anima unless you are a spic, Tenra Bansho Zero, Kamigakari or any nippon RPG, Monsters and other Childish things, Digimon Digital Adventures, "Homebrew Systems" (Self made).

Depends. If it's "actually played":

>Scion
I am a Jaded Outcast

If it is "relatively well known":
> Fatal
Whatever that rank is called.

If it is "has played more than 1 campaign to completion"
> Shadowrun
I'm that weird guy.

Have you seen Veeky Forums's /trash/ ERP threads? They're pathetic.

I'm technically a Jaded Outcast because I played one session of Exalted and thought "Wow, this is a pretty neat system, too bad the setting is garbage."

Where do I fall?

Between 1 and 3, D&D and Gurps.

Anima's fucking dead in spain too user.

Anima did nothing wrong.

Would DnD 3.5 be ironically the level 3 one alongside AD&D2e? Say what you want, but at least you have to be a huge grognard to play either.

It's cleaner, more accessible and easier to understand.
It also possesses a fraction of the lore and intrigue that VtM has and is mostly abandoned in favor of the 20th Anniversary edition of VtM. Even before that, people only played VtR if they converted it to use the VtM lore. You do not understand just how many people were pissed off and lost interest when VtR became a soulless blank slate.

So yes, the hilariously flavorful and cliched world of VtM that still thrives to this day is at a higher level than the sterile, abandoned-by-the-players and mostly obscure VtR.

Level 4, I guess. Haven't managed to get the group to try stuff on the lower levels. Almost got them to play Nobilis once.

Unless, what level does BESM go on? We played that.