How do you do a fun not!egyptian setting?

How do you do a fun not!egyptian setting?

I was thinking something like Amonkhet but less faggy

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/J8doF
youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Take Al-Qadim

Add more anthro stuff

Did

Ignore people who say Al-Qadim isn't Egypt. Run it anyway

FUCK OFF

Not have Anubis be a bad guy

You're just looking for an excuse to post cheesecake. Go to a non-blue board, masturbate, come back and try again.

what a time to be alive

No, you

But Anubis is not a bad guy anyway, so what the fuck?

imgur.com/a/J8doF

Like everything else you steal; depends on your players and target audience. If they're not that interested, just slapping pyramids, more slavery and desert sand works for ambience, and just using the old egypt gods and the river nile works. Don't call people that aren't that interested in a setting normies, they simply don't want to devote that much attention and time to getting into it and are very easy to please. For these, just apply the Not!Egypt skin on whatever you've made so far.

If your players are interested and voracious, you better work, read up on history, mannerisms, religion, ideas, their short stories and fairy tales, their hierarchy (so that you can basically reskin an Emperor into a Pharaoh), etc. But be careful not to overwork yourself, there's no need to have a whole church/palace written up and NPCs statted if the players won't meet much of it.

Though your question is so vague that it's most likely just an excuse to post that pic, be more specific in what you're aiming for, your audience and your system, if you'd be so kind.

If you are not an expert egyptologist, which I suspect must be the case, don't. A setting based on a narrow selection of tropes is bound to be shallow and it will get stale fast.

I'm assuming brown qts in skimpy/transparent outfits is a given right?

Keep in mind they don't have to have animal ears if they aren't specifically supernatural beings. People who live next to a river in a desert can get away with dressing like that if there is no prudish religion telling them to cover up.

SEAPEOPLE

>animal ears
>not going full animal head

I love Egyptian themes. Unfortunately it gets hijacked by fags who are either bigots or WEWUZKANGS.

*SEAPEOPLE'D

Not as often as you would think

look at this fucking mangina

i miss quests

Pro-tip: the second group is actually the first group.

I think that's the majority opinion on Veeky Forums at this point.

I still don't.

Yeah I participated last time he posted this shit. He can read the archives if he really wants to know. Meanwhile he can fuck off.

add persian elves.

I was making an egyptian setting years back but abbandoned it. I can share or if you want we can work on it.

I actually put an Amonkhet of sort in my setting, except there is no Bolas but a loyal neutral immortal king that is the sum of all the dead previous pharaoh (there is always a living one dealing with living affairs) preparing an undead army for some kind of end time battle that may or may not be a thing. Other than that his undead sentinels guard the frontiers and oasis but rarely if ever intervene in the internal affairs of the livings. Sometime his undead task force deal with uppity undead rebels but that's rare.

I didn't really flesh it out because it's just a distant land PC may heard about but I would if they decide to go there. A non hostile mummy police officer may be fun to do.

the best solution is just making everyone light brown, fuck the whole "muh diverse egypt" shit

I've never cared in the slightest

A lot of stupid people just see 'death god' and stop thinking. "Oh, must be a villain." They never take into account neutral judge-of-souls type death gods.

what are you fucking nerds doing

post more thot

>not transforming animal helmets

they are describing foreigners on the far right you know?, you can tell by the clothing

Yeah, that's true, I personally wouldn't really make a big deal of what color characters make their skin though

Do you wanna get REAL FUCKING CRAZY with it?

Watch this shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

Reminder that cultures where minimal clothing or nudity is the norm won't find it particularly erotic.

>Amonkhet but less faggy
This seems contradictory.

>majority opinion
Sorry, no. Still remember the endless blueballing will-they-or-wont-they anime waifu dogpile simulations that the majority seemed to be.

Reminder that that doesn't matter in roleplaying if the players can separate themselves from their characters.

Is he still making videos?

My Veeky Forums dream is to worldbuild and run this setting.

If successful, it would be my magnum opus.

I fucking loved Stargate too.

The last frame of that animation where it pops out of existence irks me

Can't load the full .gif because its fuck huge.