>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

>Tomb of Annihilation complete official art dump (pdf)
mega.nz/#!JyB0zbhI!UqyuEBdi65FfAWpQYJU8htDvJ8XE4wy_vpLOBQEZXc4

>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:
How do you fluff magical items in your campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY
youtube.com/watch?v=5fbdV2Fx0PM
youtube.com/watch?v=3ofk8ff5mbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lots of descriptions. My rogue has a +1 rapier that grows tentacles at night and glows green when it takes a life - it's nothing but stage dressing but it keeps him running into combat like an absolute retard instead of hanging back and shooting them down like a sensible person

I've been looking for a theme to have my players relate to Strahd. It'd need to have a strong few opening second that'd immediately tip my players off, was wondering if you lot had any suggestions.
Also just general music to use during the campaign.

Which player character races have the biggest penises?

Rolled 10, 7, 9 = 26 (3d10)

THIS HUMAN

Halflings. Overcompensation is a thing.

>How do you fluff magical items in your campaign?
Unless it's a common adventurer meme item (like bag of holding), I take the principle of a magic item and apply it to a different vessel. Only the artifacts are safe from me, but even those might get slightly altered depending on my players' expectations. In my campaign the Hammer of Thunderbolts could be assembled into the Crom Faeyr, cause everyone in my group knows about that concept. Of course the item would resemble the DMG idea.

Half-Giants if they are PC races for you.

Need some GM advice.

The players have a few major villians to deal with.

For some reason, they started pursuing this one particular villian to redeem him, rather than kill him. They have made a point out of smashing his henchmen and golems, and ruining his plan, but purposely letting him get the option between dropping the "act" and joining the PCs, or fleeing. They never try to stop him when he runs.

The Villian in question is a Half Elf bent on destroying human and elven society. His parents abandoned him, and subsequently killed each other during their hate fuelled war against each other, due to the general hatred of half elves in the setting. He was intended to be a maniac who just wanted to see the world burn, but for some reason, the edgy sobstory made the players want to redeem him.

So far, they are pursuing him and thwarting every evil act he tried to do, no matter how pointless. They do it just to let him leave again. It isn't unreasonable that he'd begin to at least consider giving them a chance.

He is built like a PC class more or less, and is roughly their level, so he wouldnt be way out of place as an ally. He mostly uses paid henchmen or situational/environmental assistance to evem the playing field. The party is mostly Neutral with a Neutral Good in the mix. I wouldnt be completely against letting them "redeem" him, but I am not too sure how to go about it.

I know at least one of them, the Cleric of Tamara (Neutral Good one), is very keen on getting him turned over, and that is a chick. I partly considered letting him fall for her, if only as a good excuse for why he sticks around without betraying them.

What would be a good way do to this? Just let him show up and visit her a few times when when is alone, maybe a big hero moment during a tough battle against something else?

I have a hard time thinking up something that feels... at least somewhat natural. I just want to let their effort be worth something at least.

Who are your players? If you want to adapt the protagonists to the antagonist first you must know who the protagonists are and what they want. Then it becomes much easier to tie things together. If you don't know throw a couple foils at them in the first session or two before rolling out the big guns.

For a random music suggestion try Castlevania arranges.

Living In The Sunlight, Loving In The Moonlight by Tiny Tim should help the players better understand the true nature of Strahd

The symphonic version of Dancing Mad.

Have another major villain off the lovable emo
one while they've stopped to contemplate the player's offer, *just* before or after accepting.

Who's the best god or goddess?

>Thwarting his plans at every step
>Expecting him to join them

Let them take hi on board, then turn on the party when they need him most. Seems like the most sesnible option on his part. Why atrack the group who's been throwing spanners into the works of his plans from the outside when they're giving him the golden opportunity of destroying them from within?
Also maybe he coukd poison their food or something, I dunno

I've always had a soft spot for Pelor, that's probably just because I'm a Christian IRL tho

Whichever one will personally have sex with your player character.

Any tips for a first time DM of ToA?

Wear clean underwear and don't sexually molest any of your players.

R'hllor, and you can't prove otherwise.

Elf women.

I'm not autistic.

And don't lie to your players either. You're bad at it. :)

Take a step back and think really hard on how spineless the guy is. Do the work and RP it through, then plan your next step.

If his motivation is nothing but edgelord shit, you might want to improve his character by inventing new facets. This is not meant to be a critique towards you. The character clearly outgrew his purpose for the game, therefore you need to be creative again.

It might be that you turn him into a friendly NPC. I do not recommend him tagging along the party, but you could have him assist them once in very dire situations by sacrificing himself. Just don't make it too dramatic. The party are the heroes, not him.

The next time they let him go or try to redeem him, have him break down and ask why they care so much and so on.

(You)

You must be like that all the time. Actual advice please.

Some day I want to make a Paladin of Pelor, the Burning Hate.
Armed with naught but a sword of flaming +1 and a burning hatred to cleanse the world.

Have him show hope when she is alone and rape her. I bet the PC's won't try to convert him after that. Or maybe they will. If so, stop immediately.

I tend to prefer that the magical items have some sort of trade-off when they're used, mainly to avoid players spamming the hell out of them if its something other than a +1 sword or something. Had an idea for a ring I might use in the future, though not sure if its too punishing/lenient with its properties.

Basically its a ring that allows a player to temporarily turn into a water elemental by expending their hit dice, doubling the initial amount rolled, and using it as the elemental form's health. They can't use most of their spells and abilities in said form, but they gain its abilities and physical stats while retaining their mental ones. Can only be used once every dawn.

Also for every hit die expended, it also temporarily drains their max health by half of the total of the original hit dice expended before it was doubled, leaving them with less hit dice and maximum hp once the water elemental form wears off since it rapidly dehydrates them. This health loss can only slowly be undone with long rests and drinking plenty of fluids, basically having them roll a hit die and re-adding it to their max health until they finally reach their original total. Could have players find it in a dried up corpse, possibly hinting what would happen to the player using it if they drop to 0 max health as a result of overuse.

Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Never eat yellow snow.

Never stop being severely autistic.

I'll take "Ruining Your Game" for 500, Alex.

Stop beating your children.

The Fighter is just a worse Paladin.
How do we fix him?

Medium armor master on a dex paladin with rapier+shield or just get war caster/some other feat?

That sounds like a decent enough tradeoff. At the very least, it avoids the druid issue of insane health pools.

He was going that way anyway

>dex paladin

dex cleric* sorry

Don't pick Champion

>Hurr betray the party
I think it sounds more reasonable to let him join and not be an asshole.

If someone are actively trying to reach out to someone who has issues with people arbitrarily hating him, because half-pointy ears, then that's enough of a reason to at least try to embrace the love or friendship he never had a chance to experience.

Given the effort, you'll likely made your platers if you just make him betray them. That's a surefire way to ensure your players will never trust a NPC again. They are trying to do something that isnt murdering everything in their path, rewarding that seems like a good way to keep your players on that track.

"Fall for" is cheesy as hell though, and unless you are baking on the player, dont do that. At least not initiate it.

Letting him make a hero entrance against another BBEG would be a good idea. Let him show up unprepared, and show the players that he isn't actually on another level than them. Make it obvious that he is just another PC, and only has a fighting chance because he usually has time to prepare.

Then set him up as an ally. Not a travel companion, but one that they can count on when it matters. Let them help him settle somewhere and give him something non-evil to do. He is a wizard of some kind I take it? Then he should have ample opportunities to help the party out, even from a distance. If not, he sounds resourceful enough to still be a good "manager" if nothing else.

If he is keen on using mercs, using him to "hold the flank" during some climatic fight against another BBEG would be cool for the cinematic effect as well.

Nice projection there, I bet you have lots of friends ;^).

This is literally all there is to it

The Red Knight

Turning a villain into an ally is in no way on the level of introducing rape into the game. Going so far as to suggest raping a PC will cost you friends as well.

I'm about to start up a game of my own and I think a reasonable limitation to character creation would be to allow multiclassing only with core published classes - no 3rd party stuff. And UA classes are fine but I wouldn't allow multiclassing with them. How's that sound?

That's literally how you're supposed to do it

Yeah, I am trying to give him some more sides. He was just a 1 dimensional maniac at first, so it takes some effort.

I am mostly concerned about him becoming more than a support. I feel like letting him join and then sacrifice himself is a bit cheap though. I'll likely not do that, especially since it would help keep him out of the centre.

That's actually not a bad idea. Might be a good ice breaker kind of way to start the conversation outside of combat dialogues.

Yeah I am mostly ignoring the "make him betray them". I like my players putting interest and investing effort into NPCs.

The background character helping the logistics side of the current campaign wouldn't be a halfway bad idea. I know my players would appreciate that, the Fighter is not enjoying having to keep track of his keep (in character, and I wouldnt really have to take anything away from him OOC by doing this)

>Hey you know how your players are trying to meaningful interact with your world?
>Yeah put a stop to that shit by fucking them over so they're more inclined to be murderhobos from now on

I've been king on a way to combine the Champion, and Battle Master subclasses in a way that doesn't invalidate every other option for fighter. Both subclasses only feel like half a class with champion having a few weak features mixed with strong ones, and battle master having no features beyond maneuvers.

Where does everyone get their character art? I've resorted to Pintrest and fucking Deviantart. Help.

UA explicitly states it is not intended to be used for multiclassing.
This guy is correct

I would really like some kind of answer to this question myself.
There were some attempts at making a Veeky Forums booru; did that never pan out?

One of my players got his pic from Furaffinity for his Dragonborn, so you're not super deep in the shit user

Half-orcs and the races with powerful build (goliaths, firbolgs, and orcs)

Browse every picture thread and save anything you remotely like. I've never had a half-orc PC or NPC, but I still have a folder for them just in case. Same for when you are browsing DA or PI or a booru.

drunk as fuck and dming in an hour what do

Obligatory Strahd music:
youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY

DM while drunk.

Roleplay as a drunk hobo wizard that the party encounters.

kys my man

Thinking of making a Long Death Monk how is the subclass?

Why would anyone use a Greataxe over a Greatsword, besides just roleplaying reasons? 2d6 is just bar none better than 1d12.

Make sure your blood sugar doesn't tank so you end up falling asleep mid-session.

Don't give into the urge to make it completely lolrandom just to get laughs.

But DO give into the urge to provide your player characters with interesting and perhaps surprising threats and opportunities.

Half-orc crit fishing build

Do not sexually assault your players or their characters while jerking off. I speak from experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=5fbdV2Fx0PM

1d12 has a greater standard deviation. You're more likely to do 12 than you are using greatsword, but you're also more likely to do minimum damage, and the minimum is lower.

with 2d6 crits are more difficult than with 1d12 cause probability curve

Abilities that let you add 1 die of damage, bigger die is better

The average damage is still lower.
Perhaps if you did a meme (half-)elf champion 3/ barbarian x with elven accuracy it would be a decent tradeoff, but I'm not entirely sure

Bard anything.

Barbarians benefit from using 1d12 because of Brutal Critical

>playing through Orcs of Stonefang Pass.
>Using Azers instead of Orcs.
>Azers are in the material plain making Warforged for a larger evil faction
>Is lots of fun.
Buuuut the problem is , I thought my party's sorcerer had a bunch of spells that she doesnt....She can only do fire damage essentially.

I've made some of the automatons vulnerable to fire to give her a bit more 'usefulness', but it's still frustrating for most enemies to be immune to an entire PC. What can I pepper in that helps a Pyro Sorcerer do cool stuff?

Lathander, but I'm a dirty hippy.

Even the girls?

Druid anything actually, wild shape into a Giant Stag

Guys my party is at not!Santa's Workshop and I'm freaking out thinking of an encounter that doesn't sound like I huff paint in my free time.
Right now I have
>The not!Grinch
>Toy soldiers go crazy
>The abominable snowman
>Stupid-ass fetch quest from a bunch of miscommunicating elves
>Another adventuring party arrives to ruin things
>Arc villain shows up to kill the PCs

>Make a campaign about being not!Santa's helpers
>Expect anyone to believe you don't huff paint in your free time
Just go with it my man

>not!Santa's Workshop
>that doesn't sound like I huff paint in my free time
You crossed that line a longtime ago buddy. Just roll with it. If you back down now your players will smell the weakness.

Especially the girls.

How would the Raven Queen feel about someone seeking to make a pact with her, who runs an occult detective agency aided by the ghosts of his deceased relatives?

youtube.com/watch?v=3ofk8ff5mbU

Strap on counts as a spell focus.

So what's the consensus on Adventures in Middle-earth?

My DM just got it and is considering running it.

Not particularly fondly if the description is any indication. And by not very fondly I mean you'd be the literal person she's trying to get warlocks to kill.

piggybacking off this I'm looking for something to play when my players fight the Black Spider next week.
Klarg, Redbrands and Grol all had very violent music for their fights but I feel like Nezznar needs something more spooky and methodical

Literally knew this entire chain would end with this exact response, when the question "who has the biggest dick" was asked.

Never change Veeky Forums. Never change.

So for a friends campaign I am planning on Running an Rogue (Assassin or Swashbuckler)/ Wizard Pact of the Blade Multiclass character. I have a questions that I was wondering about Thirsting Blade Invocations:
Does the second attack with the Pact weapon count as a Bonus action or is it all one attack.

This has been the only thing that's been irking me.

I swear to God it made sense at the moment. I didn't think they'd actually go there.
Aw hell who am I kidding at this point I'm just trying to figure out what I can get away with. I feel like the Hideo Kojima of DMs, minus the fanservice.
Fuck it, they're fighting Evil Frosty.

>Rogue (Assassin or Swashbuckler)/ Wizard Pact of the Blade Multiclass
What the fuck.

Hey the main question is, are the players having fun? If so channel Hideo Kojima as much as you can my friend

Unless it specifies you use a bonus action, it's not a bonus action. For all intents and purposes, Thirsting Blade is just Extra Attack.

nani nigger
you mean warlock?

>I am planning on Running an Rogue (Assassin or Swashbuckler)/ Wizard Pact of the Blade Multiclass
God damn son. I hope you roll well, bevauae that is going to be fucking impossible to do properly with point buy.

Thrusting blade is just extra attack by another name, ans doesn't stack with it. The usual "take an action to attack and you can attack twice" deal.

From context I'm sure you could have read between the lines deduced that I meant Sorcerer. Don't let one error derail the rest of the question user... Come on man.

HAHAHA
Nice

God Dammit Fucking Kill me.... I meant Warlock

It doesn't say, So I'm going to assume its all just one attack. Thank you user for not making a big deal out of me typing the wrong class.

I don't even know man.

People here on Veeky Forums has some straight up retarded ideas sometimes. I have begun just assuming that the average poster is mentally disabled, unless I am proven otherwise.

That's what I was thinking. The character does hunt and kill undead as part of their work, but I figured the being aided by Ghosts wouldn't be a big winner with her.

You know... That's fair, I can understand that.