/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Q7kkVfs5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RWBYanon please respond

Threadly reminder that if you hate someone's post, dead silence is a more effective strike against them than vitriol. Keep calm and post CYOAs.

>Not claiming ownership of pic related, I just like it.

no

please

Stop forcing this shit.

Report and ignore him, user.

Local Cafe
Strategy: Fool's Mate, The Best Defense
Lost and Found: Secret Gift, Break the Cycle
Teacher: King
Rival: Rook

Secret Ending: Ask her the fuck out already. She's already moved her cat in, what more sign could I need?

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

waifus

Any updates on pick-a-goddess?

I don't need to read the others Nep is perfect.

Why do dragons suck so much?
Start as the weakest(as its tiny), only get acess to rudimentary magics, no special abilities and you will eventually be forced to stay longer and longer in hoards and also turn greedier as you age.

It seems a fair bit worse than the rest of the options. Except maybe Djinns as having a chance of being enslaved sucks, though they can carry their objects and have the advantage of being able to act as human.

>augusta
already the worst from art alone

Did you finish page 2?

>take an option
>exaggerate its flaws
>minimize its benefits
>"why does his suck!?"
Hmm...

At this point, I'd say just go for it. It's not like it's an original concept that the author poured their time and heart into, it's just fucking RWBY. Just put a little disclaimer in the top right

Because I'm bored at work and real life is a drag

if i get called out for it its your fault

Not the final version.

Every night I can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers.

>Be Lich
>Free from the petty demands of flesh as it rots away
>Magical research always opening new horizons for the mind and, tiring or no, even body if necessary
>Unlike Wendigo, don't have to be an evil fuck
>Fairly top tier respawning procedure to deal with the occassional hardy murderhobos getting up in your grill

I'm cool with that, I'll just remind them that if quality and effort was a concern they wouldn't be watching RWBY in the first fucking place

RWBY is okay, it has its flaws (the animation/choreography for some of the fight is atrocious, not to mention season "we dont model 90% of the characters" 1) and its tropey- also cinders VA

but its fun and endearing enough

I'm still working on Pokemon Personified Plus+. I have been working on the Picking-A-Goddess update if that makes you feel any better.

What a cute CYOA. A mixture of fantasy, reality, comfy, and maybe waifu.

Into my favorites folder immediately.

>Her Place
Yeah, we will just play game.

>Fool's Mate
>Play Dangerously

Gift
>Break the Cycle
>Secret Gift
Boredom kills. Silently and unknowingly, by blind folding you on you steps. Until one day you remove the blindfold and realize you all along have been walking on the precipice of mundanes abyss.

The comfort of repentance is alluring, but not rewarding much.

Aim for the Top
>Partner: Pawn
>Rival: Queen
Promotion: I like her more than her game, but not the other way around.

Guilty pleasure for me but I warn you that speaking in favor of it seems to trigger a LOT of anons. I guess the fanbase is probably bullshit and insane? That seems to trigger a lot of hate at things that are otherwise mediocre/harmless. I mean it can't be worse than Steven Universe, Potter, or /mlp/ but that still leaves a lot of room for awfulness.

That said I'm all for seeing another/adapted Remnant CYOA, the setting is probably the element with the most potential.

no idea about the fanbase, maybe its bad on /co/ or something- but i dont go there so i dont know

Tokdom
Box People
Drama

RWBY fans are the gypsies of Veeky Forums. /co/ kicks them out because it's too anime for their tastes, (save for the occasional thread when a new ep airs), /a/ doesn't like them because it's western, /tv/ doesn't care for it either, I'm not sure why.

Last repost of my OC, at least for consecutive threads. I hand the responsibility off to you, anons, should you decide it suits your mood.

Might I suggest to add Shogunate era of Japan from Muromachi period, particularly Sengoku?

Feudal system and Onin war , and the wars of unification by famous daimyos that lead famous clans, Oda, Takeda, Uesugi, Hojo, and Date

Also Dynasty era of China back to Jin dynasty.

You'd be familiar with the war of three states: Wei, Shu, and Wu, written with golden ink of their saga in the War of Three Kingdoms.

its because its a western nerds attempt at anime- and its not as undeniably good as avatar the last airbender or even LoK

I'm going to make a waifu out of meat and spores, using Biologist. I'll call her Carnita Bonita, or Carol for short

weekend just started faggot, shill it till monday

For my next one, I'm thinking of a semi-generic mercenary CYOA with heavier worldbuilding elements (in the same universe). Would people prefer the usual sort of character-creator style, or something with game elements, such as choices effecting different outcomes?

I feel like this has encouraged me to develop it mentally. I'm at least glad I could share my thoughts with someone, it makes them feel more real.

If you say so. This is my first time releasing something

You can combine the two, right? Although, I'll warn you that people here tend not to like failure states, especially unforeseen ones

Posting in the new thread in case somebody decides to make a build

30% character creation and 70% gaming elements, imo.

It's because your cyoa have created some sort of unique universe about those OOPArt alien flesh thing, scientific groups, and the enigma of the main character.

So if you plan to make another CYOA in the same universe, I'd hope it will expand more of the lores in the first universe.

>Why do dragons suck so much?
Depends on your tastes, I guess. There were a couple dragon builds posted when this first came out, so it's obviously not the worst option to everyone.

The key is to be willing to rely on others in the earlier years, such as becoming a familiar to a royal wizard. Bide your time. Dragons have to play the long game, moreso than other choices.

I get that it feels awkward to post your own thing more than once or twice when it's fresh, but there is really nothing wrong with it as long as you just keep reposting it without attenton whoring.

Ideally you want to start posting around thursday/friday, but if you made waifushit or finished on monday you can post it earlier once or twice before spamming it at the weekend.

The layout for this is confusing and cluttered.

That's it for character creation. Missions and optional gameplay DLC later.

That's the best I can do really.

Do you need the more crews gadget to purchase crews or what?

Troll. Super stronk, not an idiot, look perfectly human for the first century, still look human afterwards if you're not a fuckwad.

Basically you get a good deal of the strengths without having to worry about some smite-adin rolling up in your house and handing out holy fire like it's candy.

That's good to hear

Clearly a lot of work went into this, but I am *very* confused. Language of rules is all over the place and back and forth. I'm trying to brute force my way through, but it is difficult.

>some smite-adin rolling up
I picked troll too when this was posted, but I'm pretty sure a lot of smite-adins are self-righteous enough to attack you anyway.

Going Wendigo, I think. Dryad is appealing, but feels a bit too vulnerable

Yeah, I really like the concept of it. But I'm definitely having a hard time understanding how it works.

You get one crew for free. Each 'more crews' gadget purchase gives you one more.

For main cyoa, most gadgets and leaders are just cosmetic anyway They'll be useful in DLC
pastebin.com/Q7kkVfs5

>Be a dragon
>Mature in the cave and learn some magic
>Make a deal with a wizard to become a humanoid dragon body
>Travel the world with and learn all kind of rudimentary magic of all kind of places
>Learn and master all kind of accessible human knowledge: magic, swordmanship, medicine, science, and many more branch of knowledge, thanks to your immortality and dragon genetics of extraordinary intelligence.
>Little fear of disease, hunger, and sickness due to dragon blood and flesh
>Have a chance to either meddle in the petty squabble of human politics, or subjugate them
>Have a chance to make your own cult
>Have a chance to easily obliterate a kingdom should you wish of it
>Have a chance to expand your treasure hoard because as you've learn economics you too will learn the uselessness of hoarding dusty treasure in your closet
>Chance to become a god

>Dragon sucks so much

Hold up, I get to keep my dick as a wendigo, right?

Ah, i see. So the "Crew" gadgets have a crew specific slot or something?

A human wizard could do all of that.

>The uselessness of hoarding dusty treasure in your closet
>In your closet
>Not sleeping in a bed made of treasure
What kind of shitty dragon are you?

At the very least you get 50 years of looking enough like a human that you can make your own reputation and gather your own allies as either a massive dickwad, a hero, some random merc, or just 'that guy who happens to live in that area over there and is ok to hang out with on occasion'.... as befits your tastes, before you get to the point where smiteadins might start eyeballing you. Which, if you've done well enough with establishing yourself, they'll have to make do with giving you the stink eye of justice(TM).

No, they take the same slots as other gadgets. Imagine making another crew quarters instead of a radio comms room, or an extra armor plate

>I get to keep my dick as a wendigo, right?

On the one hand, I don't see anything claiming you lose it. On the other hand, I'm not sure who'd wanna fuck a wendigo when they'd probably eat you afterwards.

>I'm not sure who'd wanna fuck a wendigo when they'd probably eat you afterwards.
A good Wendigo would eat them beforehand.

That's because wizards can do anything. They're wizards for a reason.

>A human wizard could do all of that
Too bad human wizard isn't an option.

>Needing help to get a humanoid body
>Not just settling down in a city and using city magic as a disguise
It's like you don't spend your baby years planning or something.

>I get to keep my dick as a wendigo, right?
No, you get a wendigo dick. Which is probably for the best, as yours would look very out of place.

It wasn't until I came up with a quasi interesting fantasy sword/magic fantasy setting did I realize how hard it is to make picking skills/magic unique and or interesting.

In magic but not swordmanship or other physical task. Human always have a 'ceiling' in their effort to advance their potential. Not to mention they always need to keep training to maintain their level regularly.

>My closet is bigger than your castle

Corrupting people is part of the power and if I end up looking like the picture I'm bear mode as fuck. Should have plenty of takers.

Alternatively, some popular interpretations of the wendigo involve a human form. It's not mentioned in the cyoa, so I'm not going to assume but it's a thought

>a human form
The only human form any of them get as part of their nature is the limited edition use of your actual body mentioned in the opening preamble.

By being human, you are inheriting the potential of humanity: imagination and adaptability. Human is always the one kind that wipe out those legendary monsters, user. Not the other way around.

Well, that's one way to do things. Some might even say it's the wendigo way

All these people talking about dragons and not making your own religion by using dragon magic to bless harvests/people and making lewd mikos a coveted position.

I'd repost build with further commentary but the last thread isn't going to be out of the archives before this one sages and it's almost 2k characters on its own so link it is: >About the CYOA
It got me interested in KanColle and the other sources listed in the prior thread.

I'll echo what others are saying and say that it wasn't the easiest CYOA to play. It wasn't the hardest either, since really finicky resolution points systems have forced me to pull out calculators and this one was at least merciful on that score

>About the Build
I didn't pick images before, for the sake of brevity if nothing else. Naturally, any non-foxy girls would have extra Fox
>Laura
"Panzer Foxes"
>Lotte
"Electronic Countermeasures"
>Megan
"Star type girls", left
>Melissa
"Stalking"
>Sarah
"Young Lady"

It was surprisingly easy to develop basic characters for the girls from the smattering of personality types given: the loose cannon troublemaker, the formal team mom, the fun-loving adventurer, the tight-lipped professional, and the leader weighed down by the realities of command

I thought about using the "Marriage" event to really bring out the Waifu element of the CYOA, taking some of the burden off Sarah's shoulders, but in universe you're the Commanding Officer of the girls and I guess it's OK because, hey, the CYOA presents it as an option without "Warning you will face backlash" and tank girls are (were?) human to boot, but it still feels weird.

Thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing how the squad may fare in Missions.

Okay, so wendigo has no special transformation confirmed. But I'll still have a limited amount of time with my human dick, then I'll have the aforementioned wendigo dick in my monster form. With the corruption powers, it should be a simple matter to get a few degenerate orbiters when to keep me sated.

Maybe I'll go on a quest to eat ISIS and corrupt all their women. Move over Sharia Law, we Wendigo Dick Law now

Alright so it works like this
>Ship girl has one (1) crew room
>You purchase mantenance crew
>You have now your standard crew and the maint crew but you don't have room for more crews
>If you wanted more standard or specialized crews (maintenance, Boarding, Just friends(?)) you would need to purchase More crews
>All this takes gadget slots
Is this correct?

There are 4 more empires TBD, though if Japan is gonna be in em, I'll stick with Nobunaga.

>"Muh humans are speshul"
No.

Yes. Deal with it. Humans are frequently da best in most works of fiction.

little girl-bunaga or edge-bunaga?

Takeda for me.

A nobody is a somebody to someone, user. Including you. Maybe just to your momma, but still.

Yes. Just friends is a passive effect though. The girl and the crews are friends and she'll have higher stats in DLC. That's it.

>little girl-bunaga

Does Nasu enjoy ruining everything?

Really sucks to be you when your trope is averted, though.

>Humans are frequently da best
Yeah, but can you trust that shit? Consider the bias of the authors!
>ISIS
Not a think in Zekenor, but I'm sure there is an appropriate analogue to eat. I'm impressed by your attempt at being a relatively "good" Wendigo.

probably

but at least its because of him being a shapeshifting pervert or something

also okita suji is also a girl

I'll have you know that Oda No-penis-naga is the perfect waifu. If the perfect waifu had to be made from the ashes of an old man then so be it

So to get all the crews, just friends, and a crew on standby you need 6 slots right?

Blonde bimbo oda is the only one I know

>WFB
nope

>Warcraft
nope

>LoTR
the jews to erus's hashem so yes, but in an abstract way

>witcher
everyone sucks

>DA
nope

you seem to be confusing numerous with best, but if that were the case orcs or goblins would be the best, maybe kobolds

How about a chill oni-san type Nobunaga.

>TFW you will never become a historical figure and then later become a little girl

>Warcraft
Correction there, Humans *are* better than everyone. And it's why the story sucks so much.
>DA
Debateable
>LoTR
Elves are better than humans