Can we all agree that the new(ish) platic demon sculpts are infinatly worse than the old metal ones?

can we all agree that the new(ish) platic demon sculpts are infinatly worse than the old metal ones?

the only ones i think are btter are the bloodletters desu

I like the old Horrors and Demonets, but I like the new Plagebearers and Bloodletters better then the old ones. But the convenience of them being in plastic rather than metal makes me prefer using the new ones. I have had too many horror arms snap off to be bothered with the metal ones.

I like the concept of fuckhueg muscular bloodletters better than lanky ones, but yeah. The only improvement from plastics was the bloodletters. The old horrors were a nightmare to put together, but they looked SO much better.

I fully agree in regards to the horrors. Old horrors looked like they were in movement, constricting and stretching, while the new ones just look like small chaos spawn.
Daemonettes I'd agree too, the new ones are just hideous, while the older matched the motif of supposedly being somewhat attractive.
New bloodletters are a better sculpt, but I miss their long, gangly limbs which have been toned down in the transition
I'd claim that Plaguebearers actually got better in the new sculpt.

Written like someone who never had to deal with metal horrors shedding arms and horns all over the place like moulting chicken.

I'll give you the daemonettes, mostly since the new ones look so fucking static, but all others are a clear improvement .

realy is no fucking contest

and i know the old ones have titties, and kids arn't supposed to see that

but even if you gave them bras they would stil be 1000x better

Nah. New Bloodletters are too skinny. The old metal ones were compact and chunky and didn't have noodle arms.

The plastic ones are better than the metal ones simply by virtue of being plastic, and not metal.

>while the older matched the motif of supposedly being somewhat attractive.
Daemonettes are supposed to be fucked up looking. They lure you in with mind-warping chaos powers.
The new ones are shit because they are a shitty composition and lack any sort of dynamic.

>while the older matched the motif of supposedly being somewhat attractive
They're not supposed to be attractive, at least not in the traditional sense.
They are supposed to look disturbing.
The new sculpts are actually more in line with the lore.
If they had more dynamic poses and maybe the occasional exposed boob, they'd be perfect.

>t.GWshill

the only ones that look worse are the daemonettes, and that's mainly because they decided to make them static as fuck (even the cavalry have basically no motion to them, which is surprising considering they were made around the same time as the bloodcrushers were)

Ones on the right are better no idea if they're metal or plastic. Take of that what you will.

I like the proportions of the new ones better, if I want tits its mothing some conversion can fix.

Why? Why can't they just lure you in with their sheer beauty, and nymph-like appearance? Why do they have to be fugly?

>No you see user, that would go against Slaanesh's aesthetic. Slaanesh isn't about pleasure, its about EXCESS. So EXCESS UGLYINESS fulfills Slaanesh
>Please don't question why anyone would prefer this or any non-retard would think this sells

>you keep using that word...
etc etc

Because GW wants an audience that is

Because GW dont wan them to be fetish and fap bait. And they went more with realistic and more detailed sculpts. That made the newer faces too demonoc/ugly. Besides left is just loli and right are adult Daemonettes.

Btw i like right in general, but like the left faces. Wish they didnt go too realistic with the new ones.

You can still be

Because go and read Realms of Chaos and Liber Chaotica, you underage faggot. They are as appealing as sticking your dick in a bag of glass shards, but they forcefully make you want them. That's the point of Slaanesh and Chaos as a whole - you think you get what you want, then you don't but you are fucked into liking it. You want a sexy succubus to pleasure you, you get a meatgrinder with crabclaws and that meatgrinder then fucks you with a spiked dildo until you like it.

>heads
>poses
>weapons
>clothes
>legs
>tits
The old models are pretty much superior in every way. The only strength of the new models is that they're kind funny because
>crab hands
>silly hair
>funny faces and bodies, sometimes

>Why?

They're the ugly face of perversion and lust, not your waifu.

It's about selling to parents. If parents see tits flying around they freak out. It's dumb but that's how it is.

That doesn't really make sense, since the other gods have actual appeals to joining with them from the get-go. most basic is, want to get stronger/smarter? Khorne/Tzneetch. But Slaanesh is - want to experience pleasure? Here is this butt-ugly hag enjoy.

This is why Chaos will never be popular. They don't actually represent what they want to represent. Wouldn't it just be more beneficial to actually give what you promise, so people actually have reason to follow you? Slaanesh is the biggest example of getting cheated and lied too, nurgle a close second. How is there any question that these are bad guys? Its stupidly retarded.

Plus, GW made a dumb mistake by not allowing Slaanesh to have any Eldar forces. Or even the visage of Eldar. 'she who thirsts gets them all' welp you just gutted about the most interesting part of your army for lore faggotry.

I like the new one more.

Okay, let's stop larping for a minute:
Are there actually people stupid enough to believe this?

There's a pic of a chaos Eldar in the main rulebook (with his description listed as [classified/unknown] etc) among the other eldar groups. They might show up.

It's happened before. It'll happen again.

>That doesn't really make sense, since the other gods have actual appeals to joining with them from the get-go
I'm going to repeat myself here: Go and read Realms of Chaos and Liber Chaotica, you underage faggot. Whatever dumb shit you picked up by lurking Veeky Forums for a week isn't actually the fluff. Every single one of the Chaos Gods is the same monkey's paw - once you get to a demon, you are already fucked. A Bloodletter isn't your buttbuddy to hang out with, he's still going to fuck you sideways. A Plaguebearer is still going to infect you with horrible deseases by simply being around you and you can pray to Nurgle that your rot away enough to enjoy it. A Daemonette is not your fucking waifu.
Good lord, I fucking hate the 40kids of nu-Veeky Forums. Go read the fucking fluff and stop spouting memes and horseshit.

What has happened and when did it happen?

>But Slaanesh is - want to experience pleasure? Here is this butt-ugly hag enjoy.

By the time you're at the daemon summoning stage you're fucked in the head.

Because we only see the warmongering contingent. We don't see Slaneshi orgy clubs in hive worlds, or little Tzeentch monsters whispering in politicians ears, or Nurgle support group hug boxes. I suppose we do see all of Khorne.
Point is, we only see the ones who do the fighting.

We used to see this level of stuff a lot in WHFB - it actually made chaos worshippers comprehensible and understandable.
Then somebody nuked the setting

The Fulgrim book in Horus Heresy is awesome at depicting Slaanesh.

That chaos book of WHFRP 2e is pretty cool for details on chaos cults

>You can still be

wait which are the new ones? the ones on the right are way better.

Bloodletters are better in plastic. It'd be nice if they came with some axes, but I love those sculpts. Horrors are ok. I definitely agree that the old ones are better, but they were a bitch to keep together, so I consider it a wash.

The daemonettes are just bad. I've got no problems with sculpts of ugly creatures, but I don't want the models themselves to be ugly. They're not lithe or dynamic at all, they're blocky and gw really needs to learn how to sculpt hair. They probably would have had better luck going back to the bald crab claw daemonettes then with these.

I also really don't like the new plaguebearers. Technically they're fine. They're too busy for my taste, but whatever. But its like they got all of the details wrong. They're all smiling and happy looking, they've got multiple horns, hell, some of them straight up have racks of antlers. Then you've got all the other modern nurgle problems like nurglings everywhere, mouths and tenticles on every available surface and that shitty new paint job. I'm probably just being nitpicky, but the amount of work it have to do to make them fit in with my metal ones has put me of them completely.

This man knows.

>old metal ones
newfag

there's gotta be some illegal recast rooski company out there that makes the old ones, right?

This one is a toss up for me. I like the new ones better in most ways (proportions, details, poses, etc.) but think the old faces/chests/"hair" are vastly superior.

Left is first plastic, right is new plastics.
Right is more like a combination from metal and left.
And its more like personal preference who is better.

Parents not wanting their children to see sexual content.

All the time.

Oh yes, I'm sure pic related is le kid-friendly safe-for-work Slaanesh. And before you ask, that's from the 8th edition Chaos codex.

This hits the nail on the head. They aren't necessarily trying to whitewash the whole thing, they're just a very understaffed company that tries to pump out tons of shit and recycling old art to save time and money will come before "sanitizing".

>Left is first plastic, right is new plastics.

But the left ones are what's on sale. Are the right unreleased?

Old horrors are best horrors hands down. I fucking HATE the new plastics. Have you ever tried to rank and file the plastic pink horrors.?

He's an idiot. The ones on the right are the old metal horrors that were perfection.

I have no clue which side is which, but the right ones look far more interesting and dynamic.

This is why chaos is such a fucking stupid idea. What's even the point of having several different gods that offer several different temptations if every single temptation works in every single circumstance because "le mind control xd you only thought you wanted it". It completely removes any investment you could have in chaos as a believable villain.

They tempt them THEN mind control them.
Think of it like an addiction.

> I want to so I do it
>I do it cos I want to
> I do it cos I have to
> I can't not do it
> I do it, can't not do it and want to do it. Pls send help

Chaos is very popular in my club, almost as popular as imperium

But they looked like downs syndrome beastmen. Just like how flesh hounds are still stuck looking like retarded Lizardmen Salamanders

Personally the only one that's close for me is Plaguebearers, both new and old look great

It's still retarded. Why have the mind control at all? It's some Saturday morning cartoon villain shit. It's not like it costs the gods anything to give the people who actively aid them what they want. Not even in a benevolent way, either, Khorne cultists could all die throwing themselves into impossible fights to shed more blood; Nurgle cultists could become living plague dispensers with lots of little nurglings to take care of or whatever the fuck Nurglefags want; Slaanesh cultists could go full ahegao from the combination of sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll; Tzeentch cultists could be undone by their own power and schemes. And the literal same end result could be had. Instead we have full retard "gotcha bucko ;)" tier shit.

Metal > plastic everyday.

These Horrors look fucking embarrassing holy christ i forgot

>found an old command group blister of those Horrors for a few bucks
>sold it for 25

Sometimes even shit taste sells.

Do you know how many parents are going to bother looking through the books at the art? Very few. They'll walk into the game store with little Bobby and see the army men on the tables and not really think anything of it. Maybe if someone's got their six-titted Boobsnake or FW KoS out they'll start to care.

Furthermore, those aren't sexy enough--there's only three visible boobs, and they're all covered.. Very violent, but parents don't give a fuck about violence (as is evident from all the youngsters playing CoD or the like).

About as many parents as used to wander into a store and rifle through the inventory to find the one box of diaz daemonettes.
GW is also a UK company and Europe doesn't flip its shit at women's nipples

I understand that they wanted to have the daemonettes cover their tits to make them marketable to parents at Christmas or whatever, but why get rid of the tentacle "hair" and horns?

the old ones were still creepy and weird, they were just creepy in a "penis, no, you should not be reacting to that clawed thing with tentacle hair and six tits" way. The new ones look like transgender MMA fighters, a worst of all worlds compromise. I can only assume that what everyone means by "proportions" is that the claws on the metal ones are too small, which is an acceptable criticism, and not that the metal ones didn't look roided out enough, which is fucking retarded to say.

Even these look better than the new ones. Shit.

Have you seen the orignal Hive Tyrant recently? Yuck.

Are the arms not ball and socket? Could you wrangle more dynamic poses if you tried?

Has anybody ever considered putting Gaunt arms on them for an even more alien feel?

Zero contest. Old daemonettes are superior in absolutely every way. So much better.

Only upside to new Daemonettes is they have thumb-claws, I like pincers better than plain blade arms. That's literally the only upside I can think of ither than the convenience of plastic.

tbhwu the old bloodletters with axes were the best

They're nice sculpts. I just stripped the paint job off them I did at age 14 to put them up on eBay

If you want good-looking daemonettes, check out the preying mantis by raging heroes, they're much closer to the old aesthetic.

They look good as a mix between old and new daemonettes.

Unfortunately the models look almost nothing like that.

GW should re-release the old pink horrors and daemonettes in plastic.

Nobody's saying they don't get what they want.

In fairness, they are horrific.

The new one just don't reflect Tzeench (mutations) and doesn't looks scarry.

That was the cover art for 7th though - the same edition diazmonettes got canned for the one tit wonders. Do you seriously think a middle class mom is going to see that much boob on the cover and still buy it for her darling Timmy because 'lol can't see the nipples'?

I feel like each version is trying to capture different aspects of the horror. old metal went for the shifting, unstable aspect of horrors, and sacrificed the mania and actual personality of the horrors. Whereas plastic ones have that retard glee perfectly expressed, but gives no impression of their weird, shifting, almost incorporeal bodies.

My problem with both the old daemonettes and these is that they're too female. They should be androgynous. Slaanesh's symbol is a combination of the gender symbols for a reason.

A return to beastman-tier bloodletters when?

How fucking dare you. Only the 3e one looks not great, but I still think it looks good

Best nid boss

old tyrant is bro tier