Where the fuck is the yugioh thread?

where the fuck is the yugioh thread?

Veeky Forums has never been fond of yugimons due to the powercreeping and the revolting fanbase.
You have ygo threads from time to time but they are never too deep.
If you want to talk about the card game go to the dueling network general on Veeky Forums but that thread is rancid

where it belongs

>he's out of middle school and still plays yugioh

I really just couldn't give less of a shit about yet more Yugioh DM legacy support. I know other people give a shit and I'm okay with that. Just saying. Link VRAINS pack can't come soon enough.

I hate that DM will always get support because of nostalgia

I meant duel monsters but dark magician also falls under that umbrella.

Well, I didn't expect another Artifact to be printed. Konami's weird policy of randomly adding a card or two to an archetype is pretty interesting.

I also meant Duel Monsters

Yugioh is a bad game. I do not mean to say that sometimes the metagame or balance isn't very good, that happens in every game. I do nto mean to criticize the secondary market, that's a property of selling packs, and like it or not, the majority of card game buyers prefer packs and the market caters to this. For these reasons, I would say that a game is flawed, but not that they are bad. Yugioh is an exception.

Yugioh does not have a comprehensive rules document. The knowledge of rules trickles down from judge decisions to wikis and fan sites that are not guaranteed to be accurate. This means that the vast majority of the rules and technical concepts in the game are not present in the official booklet, and the official booklet is still the only cohesive official rules document.

This causes problems with all levels of play. At the casual level, entire worlds of concepts like "missing the timing" are not available, and even at the top competitive level, Konami judging is so capricious that major rules changes will happen at competitive events. It is a common occurrence at Yugioh tournaments that the head judge will make an announcement about how a card works, and then the rules will change a week later. That means no matter how skilled or knowledgeable you are, you have no way to predict what ascended house rules the judge will force on the event for that weekend. One of the most ridiculous examples being that for exactly one event, detaching sangan as an xyz material activated its effect.

That's just the TCG. OCG publishes rulings when new cards are released and sometimes rulings for older cards. They also have shit like The Perfect Rulebook. TCG is just shit at managing the game.

What TCG and OCG have in common is that Yugioh makes no effort to test cards to see if they need to be banned before they are printed.

Yugioh is the only card game that doesn't consider a broken card to be a personal failure. For them, it's business as usual. The most recent example being a card that, by itself with no other cards in hand, could special summon a board of four monsters that have multiple negation effects.

Either konami were too stupid to know about how broken zoodiac rat was, or it was broken by design in order to invalidate all other decks. Either way, it's not appropriate to say that they made a mistake but rather that they willfully made a bad game.

If a student does poorly on a test and gets a 50% mark, they either need to try harder or get some help. If a student instead just draws a dick on the paper and turns it in, they don't deserve a grade and don't deserve to be in class.

I recall reading once that missing the timing is only present in the TCG and not the OCG, but every time I try to find proof or refutation of this I come up blank.

Am I going crazy? Did I just imagine reading that, or is it really not present in the OCG?

It's present. Don't know why it wouldn't.

And it's still fun.

If you want a card game with reservations about what is okay to print there's plenty out there. I'll stick to rocket tag.

I don't know, because the TCG seems like such a mismanaged clusterfuck of terrible rulings and intentional obfuscations that it seems perfectly within the realm of possibility that it might have rules that the OCG doesn't.

I swear, I really did read something once that said that missing the timing was a TCG-only rule.

yu-gi-oh has a general on Veeky Forums so all discussion is there and not here

But yugioh belongs here and not on Veeky Forums

Blue Eyes Darkness Ultimate Dragon, KILL EXODIA

Wow thats really fucking shit

You might be thinking of "priority," which was a tcg-only ruling where for a few years, you could activate non-quick ignition effects of monsters after a summon before your opponent could activate trap cards like torrential tribute. The ruling was then changed so that you couldn't activate ignition effects until AFTER the game checks for effects and cards that were activated by the summon, which is the way it always worked in OCG.

A common play was "summon brionac, say priority, activate brionac." It invited a lot of really dumb angleshooting scenarios where you baited out torrential tributes and then said "bu-but I have priority!"

The actual language exchange you have to do when summoning monsters is kind of dumb. You have to ask if the summon is "legal" because of stuff like solemn judgment, then you have to ask for stuff like bottomless trap hole, and not doing so is a form of cheating. For example, if your opponent has two face-down s/t and you summon some monarch dude, and you ask "is it good?" if your opponent says "yes" then they missed the chance to use torrential tribute. If they flip the tribute up, you just say "ok, I'm targeting the other face down s/t with my destroy effect." This is 100% not ok, and that's why you have to specify whether the summon is legal, then check for summon-activated effects.

Veeky Forums is a garbage board for spergs and the Yugioh thread there is completely inhospitable and filled to the brim with namefags and tripsfags. That's not a thread I wish upon anyone.

This website is for whites only.

unironically not having protection from effects, targettign etc
the powercreep is so big that this fake card wouldn't be too out of place

Good

You deserve it

Become a tripfag and go to Veeky Forums