Warhammer 40 000 General /40kg/

Fat trollface terminators edition

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for abolishing 40k general

I second the motion

Why? Something happened?

Third for my Novamarine Agressors

Not that good of a painter, but any thoughts on the models?

No highlights and two of them need shade cleaning still

Sadness: Blightlords terminator kit appears to come with five combi bolters, one combi melta, one combi plasma, one combi flamer, one Blight launcher, one Plague spewer and 1 reaper autocannon.

For melee, three axes, three swords and 1 flail.

It's a complete shitshow.

Lorefags and listfags are at war.

Reposting from the last thread.
My FLGS is having a 1000pt tourny next month; what do you guys think of this list? I don't expect to win, but the 1st place prize is $400 in store credit.

I like them! Could use some more highlighting, though.

replying again as replied just as thread died:
gw technical gem stone paints over a silver base is easiest.
just a slightly more comfortable viewing position
good point re; drinking. ye a yellow shade over a white base
cheers bro

About par for the course

And?

>Sadness:
hardly. you are missing the combi-weapons (easy to make, lots of room taken up on the sprue) and a single axe/sword (i mean, you ARE taking the flail right user?)
not the worst it could be

Tyranids
>muh NPC
>muh endless swarm
>muh ultimate predator
>muh lovecraftian, faceless nightmare fuel
>muh LMAO JUST RESPAWN AND ADAPT DUDE!!

Grey Knights:
>muh Mary Stu
>muh wizards in SPHESS
>muh shining knight
>muh last stand against the eternal darkness
>muh LMAO GHOSTBUSTERS 40K AMIRITE BRO?!?!

Mantis Warriors:
>muh edgy ninja's in SPHESS
>muh camouflague paintjobs
>muh Badab war trauma (fuckin' sphess sharks)
>muh maelstrom wardens
>muh LMAO I'M A GIANT GREEN NINJA LOL

Lets get this thread off to a good start.

Wow. A Space Marine list. How fun and original to critique.

Im trying to differentiate this guys so how is this
So raiders have the benefit of having Dark Lances, 10 wounds and hold 10 models, a good anti infantry loadout with warriors with a nice dark lance to shoot vehicles.
While venoms have -1 to hit them, are faster, and have only anti infantry options and can only take 5 models but a bit cheaper on points.
Both got 5+ invulns
So in general, kabalites are better in raiders for anti infantry (Splinter cannon and 9 guys) than 5 kabalites in a venom, but it means it cheaper for venoms to get a blaster and have harassement Anti vehicle (Anti vehicle is better for venoms)
Is this correct?

to

With the listfags getting tired of shitposts that dont either help or just spawn more shitposting, it's been fucking annoying

DESU I wasn't planning on taking combi weapons, I wanted to take 3 bolters, Blight launcher and flail but still, I was considering 5 melta as an option.

Moar scripts

>imperial guard list
>"a space marine list"

???

Or not because all faction faggotry shit does is fuck about and divide everyone more.
Seriously it's like arguing over who is best pony is.

>Not having a billion meltas sitting around
well, FW has still got you famalam, just use their combiset, with the blightlord housings

Sorry. Opened it up and briefly saw the word "primaris" and assumed.

>Wow. A [INSERT IMPERIAL OR CHAOS ARMY FACTION HERE] list. How fun and original to critique.

Well, they just got a slight points drop from 151 to 145 points per Onager with Neutron and two Heavy Stubbers. So yeah, pretty damn good as these things go. I only have two, but I'd imagine that the traditional doomballs of "Kastelans, Crawlers, Dominus, one unit of KatDs to sync fire with the Kastelans, however many Enginseers we need for HQ and a bunch of chump Vanguard screening it all" will continue to be the scariest way for an Admech player to pack 2.5k into a neat 12" circle and then lose on objectives.

I've personally always preferred Brawlermech to screened gunforts, though. Dragoons, Electros, Stygies and the new ability to run multiple detachments for cheap means we can pull of a skirmishing Admech force with less gunline support rather better now. Leave the HQ, Arquebusiers, two tanks and two Kastelans to hold the fort and blow all the other points on teleporting melee, ehock cavalry and Skitarii line troops, since the Crawlers can keep up and the Dominus has enough legs and tentacles to manage a decent run.

Thats why I posted all the edgiest, cringiest parts of my factions lore. If people here could, you know, joke about their imaginary dudes and have a bit of humor when it comes to lore discussions, we could actually get shit done.

FW Ines are resin and I'm not sure they'd fit. Seems like a lot of work.

Should be list and lore threads. Not unified. We can't get along.

Yeah. I'm also not a fan of the mixed shoulders. Might look into getting some bits to spice up BaC Cataphractii, but otherwise I'll pass. Luckily I have a spare BaC captain combi-melta bit and just ordered one of those instant mould things, so I'll just be making extra meltas from that. Might be interested in the combi-plasma piece for the same purpose. It looks nice and relatively uncorrupted.

>I'm not sure they'd fit

You'd have to replace the gun/hand. The FW combis are build differently from the GW combis, mounting the special weapon part differently and on the outside of the gun, rather than on the inside.

How what? Which part?

What would Blood Angel stratagems look like ?

List threads die in hours because no one wants to actually critique a list and the thread just becomes 10 people posting lists with no one responding. You'd figure they'd get the hint here too but apparently not.

Spend 2CP to ignore cover and deal double damage vs buildings

Mtg has lore threads and their own list threads, why havent we done this sooner?

This. Especially when it is the same 4 factions

spend 12 cp to reduce your powerfists to 20 points

user, we are red, not yellow.

>>Wow. A [INSERT IMPERIAL OR CHAOS ARMY FACTION HERE] list. How fun and original to critique.
>I dont want to talk about 75% of the players armies in the game

Here's my Tyranid List for you though, user, if you need it that badly.

Battalion Detatchement:

HQ:
Tervigon
Broodlord

Troops:
3 Ripper Swarms
30 Termagaunts, 10 with Devourers and 20 with Fleshborers
20 Genestealers

Elites:
3 Hive Guards with Electroshock Guns

Fast Attack:
Hive Crone
Spearhead Detatchement:

HQ:
Swarmlord

Heavy Support:
2 Carnifexes with Scything Talons
Trygon
Exocrine

You could just ask nicely if you want people to post their lists, user.

List threads die in hours because listfags are lazy eaters that only post to bump themselves or vomit a meme.

So they deserve one another's company.

>lost it turn 1 to a dune onager
OK, wow that must have been a lucky barrage. Vendettas are the bane of my goddamn existence, as are irritating lascannon and missile teams popping wounds away while not being worth firing anything decent back. Two TL russes seems to me like they'd be outmatched against two Crawlers even at average luck, since mine always seem to deal with one Predator, Russ or similar every two turns or so between them.
Melta is good, although Infiltrator countercharge has always been a good bet for that kind of thing. Had them doing that back in 7e.

Rough Riders, maybe? Sticky buggers, and if the Lances have the S8 I remember they'll blow through Dunecrawlers pretty well.

Bruises turn yellow as they heal.

Ah, the great power fist war. That was nice shitposting.
The correct price is 12pts, btw

>Wow. A Tyranid list. How fun and original to critique.

We got primarch fangirls here?

Dem quads

I like it, my only thing is you can go more devourers for more dakka, but since I can't see a point limit I don't know of you can afford it.

>Wow. A 40k list. How fun and original to critique.
Fucking hell, 40kg, I was gone for like two days, when the fuck did all this listfag/lorefag shit come up?

How much would threads improve if >implications muted you for 25 minutes?

Don't you dare start user, I just wanted to make a joke.

>75% of the players armies in the game
Then they can go masterbate with eachother, they shouldn't bother me with their walls of text.

I am not a Tyranid player, and i am not ,but I can look into it if you want me to.

>Necrontyr player here.
>I don't need help on my lists 'cus I keep winning tournaments.

The List is exactly 1999/2000 points. Always make a point to stay under the limit.

You can disembark a transport and summon instead of moving.

Around this afternoon. You aren't missing much.
24 hour id when?

PANIC

It was always there, you just didn't notice it because people were busy spamming nazi holorcoaster FW cucfag memes.

Istvaanian please go.

Not soon enough.

And carnac memes. Don't forget carnac, because they won't let us.

Alrighty then. Looks good.

Is a Blightlord Champion unable to take CC upgrades (Flail of Corruption)?

It's ok. I was just reminiscing how much of a shitstorm it was.
I was the one who started it. I just wanted a simple answer, and got a war.

Support the AnonyID movement for easy samefag shitposter relief.

Be the change, user. Make the threads.

Make the lore one, I'll make the list thread.

yeah, but i'm going to do it anyway, and feign ignorance

Yea. He has his own set of upgrades

No he dont, you are thinking of normal plauge marines

Yes

Sadly not even, just combi weapon like the rest

>yeah, but i'm going to just follow the rules i like.

WHAT IF I WANTED ALL SWORDS user?
OF SUPERIOR NURGESE STEEL

RAW says he can replace his combi-bolter with another combi-weapon. Where do you see CC upgrades?

What the hell happened?
Lore and lists war? WTF?

what are you currently reading /40kg/, I just started pic related the other day.

Known Space series.

>yeah, but i'm going to just follow the rules i like.
>literally every other marines squad gets to take a special melee weapon on the champ
>apart from plague marines and blight lord, because reasons
cant stop me having my own fun m8

Huh. I coulda sworn he did but nope, he doesn't. Except for the combi upgrade and swapping sword for axe and vice versa. My bad

Here's the list thread, please use this, thank you!

Half way.

Hunting Lance? Str+2, on a 3 Str Model.

And yeah, very lucky shot on my Vulture. Exactly 14 damage.

Since my Map is relatively close quarters, I'm going to try running Pask in a Demolisher, with multi meltas and a las Cannon. Pray I can erase an Onager before it can return fire.

Yes. This is very sad. In the same way, I hate of Terminator Sergeants are limited to a mere Power Sword. Why can't they have chainfists or power fists like their men do ? Why can't they have relic blades like non-termi Veteran sergeants do ?

I just want bt books to become a thing again, and for fast attack troops to be able to hold objectives

it's me, ya boy Spinemaws on the ripper swarm? Y/N
Termagaunts... why not Spinefists? They are so good, and 0 points.
Bioplasma is pretty cheap and keeps your Carnifexes in the game at range
Loadout on Trygon?

David Annadale is the fucking man, Im going to continue reading his Yarrick series because Chains of Golgotha was awesome stuff.

>TURNING BACK THE LEVIATHAN

>The genius and innovation of the Tech-Priests of Lucius was displayed anew when a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Leviathan invaded the planet. Despatching Lucius’ Legio Cybernetica and a great host of battle servitors to the planet’s surface, the Tech-Priests Dominus largely fought their battles from below the planet’s crust. By tracking the motions of their servant clades and controlling their activities via electromagnetic data-tethers, they waged their war without risking direct harm. Such is the wonder of the Cant Mechanicus that their battle plans were enacted to the letter. Wherever the Tyranid swarms overcame their servitor armies, the Tech-Priests waited for the xenos predators to devour the biological components before sending servo-skull swarms to carry the most vital of the remaining machine parts below the crust of the planet. There they were installed into fresh recruits, and the next wave sent back up to the surface. Though it took months to accomplish, the resultant war of attrition ended in victory. Deprived of bio-matter, the Tyranid splinter fleet was forced to feed upon itself to produce further troops, and the xenos could not keep pace with the recycled machinery parts and refurbished robots.

Justify this.

Better to name it 40k Tabletop general or 40Krunch general if you wanted to get a little punny.

Sort the hard rules content in there instead of just 20 people posting their list and bumping them.

those threads are fucking useless you dumb faggot

They still score and being fast they can reach objectives faster than most troops can anyways. I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but you can still do it.

>new lore
yes, the underrated part of the codices
pls share

Not new.

>tyranids finally forced to obey the laws of physics instead of "LUL INFINITE BIOMASS NO LOSS OF MASS EVER"
Sounds fine to me.

I'm not GW, it's not my job to.

Lorefags get the fuck in here

>Spinemaws on the ripper swarm? Y/N
No, I keep them cheap as area control. Have them deepstrike next to the genestealers and trygon to create a bubble where my opponent cant deepstrike incase i mess up a charge or something
>Termagaunts... why not Spinefists? They are so good, and 0 points.
Because I modelde fleshborers on them back in the day, so I just play it WYSIWYG
>Bioplasma is pretty cheap and keeps your Carnifexes in the game at range
I'd love to give my Fexes plasma in true Screamer-Killer fashion, but alas, I currently don't have any points to spare. I guess I could drop a couple gaunts or something
Loadout on Trygon?
Standard, Scything talons and bioelectricity

Fuck you bitch I post where I please

So if lore and listfags get their own threads then what is this general for? Shameless shitposting?

NPC race rekt at war of attrition.
Codex Cult Mechanicum fluff was awesome.

>basically 4 40k generals
sheesh...
WIP, Lore, List, General general

So, we now have a general, a lore, a list, and a WIP (though not dedicated, majority)

Might as well not be a part of Veeky Forums

I guess this is the last one, throw a party or something.