This is your party tonight. Say something nice to them!

This is your party tonight. Say something nice to them!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons:_Shadow_over_Mystara
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thief has cute hair.

Where is the cartoon in this animation style already?

>8 CHA

>Thief is visually appealing but played by a weirdo neckbeard who plays her like a shitty Deadpool wannabe
>This translates into 8 Charisma

Only explanation I can think of other than autism.

What game is this my dude?

Time for Cleric to do all the work

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons:_Shadow_over_Mystara

charisma should mean more than physical attractiveness.

it does, these anons are retarded and follow the charisma = attractiveness meme

charisma is not entirely about your looks, it's also about your manerisms and how you handle yourself socially, or how well you manage with words

the thief can be super good looking but maybe she's awkward in social situations or her own edginess makes her unsuitable for social encounters

Could be something to do with morale, too. Low CHA can translate into 'gets scared and runs away easier,' which is in line with most thieves.

Also this is based on an earlier edition of D&D where the points didn't matter as much, 8 is probably a low +0 or a high -1.

But then why are saves against fear governed by Wisdom?

This. Shadow over Mystara was AD&D based, so 8 Charisma is average, not terrible. And 16 Dex is god damn good.

In comparison, IIRC, the Paladin required at least 17 Charisma, which was the highest ability score requirement for any class in the game.

The magic user looks so stupid

That would the aspect of not being governed by panic.

Running away may sometimes actually be the best choice. In other times, fleeing may mean that death is more likely. It also indicates the character balancing the risk of mutilation or death against the reward of gold or glory and deciding it's worth it.

'Eye on the prize' kind of deal. Low charisma is easily justified as not being a people person or, for a rogue, perhaps a very chatty person whose obvious materialism and sticky-fingers make it difficult to get along with the rest of the group.

Get that old shit outta here

>AD&D based
Not so much. Dwarf and Elf don't have a character class listed in the vidya for a reason.

welcome to the d&d world

This.

Dwarf and elf were classes on their own, in order to enhance their alien nature, in the earlier versions of D&D, which was the inspiration for tower of doom and shadow over mystara.

I wonder how is that capcom haven't revived the franchise, or tried to move the characters into other tittles.

>mistress of magic
>master of magic
what's the difference?

One dominates magic, the other isn't supposed to be fucking with it.

Honestly, the simplest answer is that she just looks and sounds like a lowborn thug. It's not that easy to drop the slang and the look, and in real life they're the quickest to put people off.

They probably don't have the rights to the name anymore. WotC has been putting out DnD vidya for a while now.

I'm pretty sure that Cleric ran a game I played in.

Did Magic User get lost on his way to a JRPG?

The stat is Charisma, not Tits. And what it specifically measures is your ability to command troops, so it makes sense that the mischievous/bitchy styled Thief is weak in it.

>I wonder how is that capcom haven't revived the franchise, or tried to move the characters into other tittles.
Several of the characters are pulled out of illustrations in D&D books IIRC (the Thief is almost identical to a piece of Al-Qadim art, for example).

Also, besides the Thief and Magic-User they're painfully generic. There's not much commercial value in that Fighter design.

To some Degree but it doesn't sit well when some guy dumps Charisma as far as he can. But still claims their character is ridiculously beautiful and should be fawned over.

>two nines.
>autism triggered.

Yeah I get ya if you bring me a character with 8 charisma but you want to say their moderately attractive just abrasive I can see that.

But don't bring me a 7 and then describe her as some beautiful anime waifu and expect that to fly.

She might also be some kind of gypsy, with other characters having a natural bias against them.

t. no imagination
that said, as some others have pointed out, this is based on older editions of dnd, so this 8 means a 9 or 10 on 3e-5e

You, Thief and Magic User. Swap hats. Now.

Capcom doesn't do anything worthwhile with their franchises.

Just look at how much shitshow they got for marvel infinite.

Damn, someone's DM uses 3d6.

That would be in a better world /time line.
This one is the deceptive one of suffering

It's more likely she's basically a Kender with Tits. I mean she IS very sticky fingered.

This is the character who somehow stole a magic teleportation item from the Archlich's castle from the first game.

She wasn't IN the first game.

That castle disinitgrated literally the point that the Archlich died and said doodad then teleported us out. The period in which she could have sneaked in got it and got out is literally seconds.
I suppose in theory she could have been ghosting the entire party, not got spotted by any of the monsters. Not got caught in any of the traps. Not get spotted by either the party or us the player and then in the brief three seconds she has, grabbed the one artifact that can get her out of dodge and then somehow teleported somewhere else?

As alludes to: Dragon's Crown is essentially the spiritual successor.

Because you aren't playing 4e.

This game is one of the best beat 'em ups sidescrollers available on Arcade, along with Tower of Doom, and each character is engaging to play.

Though if you play it with new people on an emulator with infinite coins, the Magic User will always inevitably die a fuckton, get resurrected and bring the game to a halt as he shits out his spells again, pausing the game all the while.

I played this in an arcade as a kid. I don't remember the Thief or the Magic-User. Were they some kind of later addition or something?

You were playing Tower of Doom, which had the same graphics but a different story. Shadow over Mystara was a sequel that was near-identical in gameplay and just added two characters. Magic User is artillery and the Thief is a low-tier character with a massive learning curve and, admittedly, she is quite a lot of fun to play. Just difficult.

I repeat, Magic User is artillery. The alternative skin for the MU starts the game with Cloudkill and it works exactly like what you'd expect. Having a "screen wipe" button is a fair and balanced beat 'em up mechanic.

Ahh, thx

What the fuck is she going to use Charisma for? Is she going to sweet-talk the chest to unlock? Is she going to get into a heated debate with the spike-trap in an effort to convince it to disarm itself?

You should be more offended by her below average Wisdom as if a Thief wouldn't need Wisdom to do their job.

>What does a thief use Charisma for?
Talking their way into profitable exchanges and out of dangerous ones.

You guys got me through so many tough times as a kid... It's just so great to see you again.

Drinks are on me, tonight!

>A dwarf of all races doesn't have respect for his elders and tradition.

>Get set up on a blind date.
>Some smoking hot dark-haired chick walks into the tavern.
>Holy shit, she's walking over to my table! She's moving so elegantly, with grace like a tiger!
>She's my date! This is going to be awesome.
>She opens her mouth to speak...
"Sheeeeeeeit, mothafucka, where your bling at? Your broke-ass really payin' for shit tonight? Don't make me laugh, pencil-dick! Aw, don't look like that, I'm jus' bullshittin', now buckle up shithead, I'm gettin' ma drink on!"

HAAAAAAAH

WALLOFFIRE

I got snacks and beer, guys!

In a video game sense, the cleric is the least generic design of them.

Gypsies are almost as bad as jews.