What are the miners on Veeky Forums mining right now?

What are the miners on Veeky Forums mining right now?
I've switched from Ethereum to Monero right now since its more profitable. Dual mining on my GPU and CPU using this all in one xmr-stak

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/sneakier-more-persistent-drive-by-cryptomining-comes-to-a-browser-near-you/
github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/blob/master/doc/compile.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what processor

4970K sirs

I’m mining Monero on 4 xeons and bitcoin cash on 3 gpus

xmr-stak is pretty good software, can recommend

I compile the donation out though lol

4790k I mean

Bitcoin gold, not cash

Burst. Liking it so far.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/sneakier-more-persistent-drive-by-cryptomining-comes-to-a-browser-near-you/

>...generate the cryptocurrency known as Monero

=)

how'd you do that? Never done compiling before, maybe you can upload the files for me?

peercoin. Has been the most profitable over the whole of december. Xmr doesn't make sense without cheap electricity under 15 cent

is it feasible to mine XMR or some other coin on a 4790K? I have the locked version but would be interested in just maxing this bastard out whenever i'm not using it.

but aren't you a pro hacker? how else did you change Windows font to comic sans?

Easy enough on Linux, since you compile it either way and to get rid of the donation you just edit a text file first.

I have compiled it on Windows as well but I'm not going to share it because downloading binaries from some random user on Veeky Forums is fucking retarded and you shouldn't do that.

Just follow github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/blob/master/doc/compile.md and edit xmrstak/donate-level.hpp to say 0.0 / 100.0 instead of 2.0 / 100.0 before you actually compile.

lmao, just have my ways

thanks my man

Dual mining is when you mine multiple algorithms with one device, like daggerdecred. Also to anyone with an rx vega switch to cast xmr.

I've been solo mining monero on a 4930K for a while. 320H/s. No blocks yet.

do you even into pool?

He's obviously not, the terminal font color isn't green.

I want my own blocks damnit

With 320H/s?
You might get one block per year or so.

That's dumb. Your chances are far lower.

With a pool you'll almost always make more.

I might also get a block in 5 minutes from now. Who knows?

Is Zencash worth mining?

Mining monero with 2 workstations. Getting around 6600 khs in total with cpu/gpu combined

>6600 khs

>6.6 million Hashes
>2 workstations
I don't think so, there's no cpu or gpu that can mine that much at once

i mean mhs ofcourse. Sorry long night anons.

screenshot from 2 workstations

Thats only 6597 hashes it seems

So yea Khs, i was right after all lol

Is this bad for 2 workstations? Im not tech savvy so forgive my retarded questions

Are you sure that's not 6.6 kH/s, not 6600? Cos uh, 6600 kH/s is 1.25% of the entire mining network.

Yes it is. Been mining that for about 3 weeks now with 18x 1080s...about $75/day

Its equal to one mining rig with 6 GPUs I guess. So its up to you to say if thats fast for you

I'm going to assume it's 6.6kH/s, or 6600H/s.

That's quite exceptional, but I'm having doubts desu, list hardware. It's possible but very unlikely. You'd need dual GPUs in each probably.

How'd I get to start mining? I have a i7-7920HQ and GeForce 1060. What's the most profitable atm?

2x HP Z840. One with 48 cores and one with 32 cores. In both i have the older AMD w7100s 3 times. Work at an engineering company and we had these as spairs collecting dust.

Cores don't matter as much as L3 cache. That setup would probably do it though.

Guys, I never considered mining but since I just got a new gaming PC and my office is really cold I might as well put this to some use while I'm working on my laptop.

What's the expected monthly profit if I'm doing 700 H/sec?

I mean Monero mining by the way, just got the same software OP is using.

The difficulty has ramped hard in the last month. At 700H/s you'll only get ~0.1773 XMR a month. And that's likely to keep decreasing.

Are there any other more profitable coins that are easy to setup? I really don't have time to fiddle around with software.

I honestly haven't looked hard into mining other coins yet. But odds are there is one that's more profitable yes.

Monero isn't too bad, at least not if you have free power or want to use your PC as a heater. But it's not something you should just assume is a good idea any more.

Electroneum and Vertcoin both have one click miners.

your computer must be slow as fuck, this is what I get on my normal PC that I'm using right now. I just have it mining Monero in the background with XMR-stak.

Did you do any tweaking?

Mine is half as fast as yours, but you're has ~x6 more cores but a GPU that is half as slow as mine.

Mine LuxCoin, very profitable - ASIC resistant

in the CPU config file I only have it using the even numbered cores (so like 0,2,4,6,etc) because i guess how windows uses hyperthreading. I also overclock the shit out of my video cards because they are water cooled. Sadly they are nvidia, AMD are better, but I didnt build this computer for mining.

yeah I have a fuckload of cores and 3 nvidia cards. I built my machine for 3d rendering. The AMD cards are way better at mining.

I started mining with my gaming PC last night with NiceHash. It made 1.10 last night USD (probably changed with BTC fluctuation) and says about 3 or 4 dollars a day. What do? Should I buy a mining rig

Now that NXT is crashing I'm thinking about buying enough to start Forging. Anyone here Forging NXT right now?