>mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU
Grand Alliance Destruction
>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SjgoiNDAHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nurgle a shit

Great Corruptor 4 life

Don't need to. If the StD guys can take the Khorne tag (and basically all of them can,) they're not allies. They're Khorne, thus your Alliegence is Khorne, and thus you qualify for all Khorne benefits.

I like this because a Chaos Lord on a Daemonic Mount actually makes a nasty piece of work, as he can select from both the Khorne Mortal and Khorne Daemon gifts, meaning you can end up making his hammer -2 Rend and Damage 3, which becomes 3 mortal wounds on 6s, or if you just want silly fun, could make the hammer Damage 4.

Though no battleline juggs then, so there is an issue there. I'm bummed the Juggernaut Lord doesn't have the daemon tag.

Does anyone know a good place to still get Spire of Dawn?

Skaven get out of Chaos please

My favourite chaos god is Valhalla

>Nurgle Edition
>Picture of Nurgle's least favorite thing, Fire

More like incongruity edition.

Painted my Bretonnian Flesh Eater Courts prototype ghouls.

Very cool

Thanks, user.

It's rather fitting to have a dead faction modelled as brets.

Very noice, any chance we can get some better quality pics?

Who Oldhammer here?

Jesus Christ, I was just about to type that, but I said, "Nah."
But me me me!

Then the only logical move is to take this thread for Oldhammer

What do you collect?

Tragic undead are more compelling than death gods and their sidekicks with chronic backstabbing personality disorder.

Thanks, user. I got a pretty shitty lighting situation at the moment, so I should probably get myself one of those light boxes.

I'm not quite that Oldhammer. I started getting into the game in 5'th edition.

I started fantasy with AoS.
Yet, I collect Oldhammer.

The shear amount of variety and weirdness is amazing, they don't do that anymore.

Some stuff looks really old, but some stuff still looks cool to this day.

That's why I'm into 3'rd party miniatures and old stuff off eBay. A lot of the modern GW miniatures feels calculated and formulaic to a detriment.

I love all the old Chaos Warriors, the menacing hunched posture and their brandished weapons always struck my fancy.
I love the old style models, I recently just bought these guys, I know they're not ancient, but to me they embody everything awesome about Oldhammer (40k at least).

highlighted the scale armor

>I don't give a shit about a +1 Bravery bonus or +2 Movement for one turn, but the ability to force enemies out of melee
Then again, if you hate melee so much, go play 40k

Yes, because having ranged troops and picking fights on your terms is exclusive to 40k.

>having a army thar primarily fights at range means it must be futuristic
I don't even know where to start.

Do we nows rules of the living city?

Deep strike from within 6" of a table edge or within a Wyldwood, at least 3" from enemy models. Sylvaneth, Wanderers, SCE, Dispossessed.

youtube.com/watch?v=6SjgoiNDAHU
That looks good. I'm not a Khorne or SCE player but it's actually a good way to start the Khorne skirmish warband - I have spare models from Storm of Sigmar box so I only need a bloodsecrator now.
GW should do the same thing as the FFG for Runewars - releasing an Essentials Pack with boards and neutral cards for people willing to start playing Shadespire with orruks or skellies would be great

>>having a army thar primarily fights at range means it must be futuristic
Where I've said it, you also can play borring historical shit
Seriously, if all what you want is just running a lot of rifleman may be fantasy isn't your.

I like the green tone on the armor

Thanks user

Why did they say it was like mordheim?

It's got fuck all to do with that.

I totally agree. The old Chaos Warriors were amazing. I still haven't found the occasion to buy some of them, I want to buy a full squad in one go.
But right now, I'm happy with the Champions.

Those 4 models are so good.

I'm really happy with one of GW's latest models, Slambo. He really fills in the gap of the old scool heroic and the newschool truescale. I wish they'd do more stuff like him. as to me his new model is the best of design.

I'm actually hoping to start a business sometime in the future, and an aspect of it would be producing Models inspired by the older Citadel, Marauder, Chronicle, and Ironclaw miniatures. I planned on them being all pewter and a larger model scale in sake of it being easier for beginners and more forgiving of mistakes. Do you think it would be popular?

I don't understand this meme either. It's a skirmish spin-off of the current GW fantasy wargame, so that must mean mean 'it's Mordheim'.

People still produce oldhammer style minis and even commission some of the old modelers through crowdfunding. The community is definitely there. It's not aimed at beginners though. People want to expand their oldhammer collections.

I'll never understand why the game is set in a fucking Death city yet it's fucking Stormcast and Khorne as the base set. As if we havent seen that a million times already, fucking christ.

My friends are talking about starting Path of Glory but I'm a broke college student. Any good armies you can start for cheap in that?

Plenty of people proclaim their love for old school style and pewter. Wheter they'll actually buy enough to keep you afloat is a different question. And these guys probably want the scale to be old school as well.

Pewter is expensive. Large amounts of pewter is worse. Have fun paying the bills that way. A larger scale should also have more details to justify itself, so it isn't easier to paint, instead there's more stuff to paint. And when there isn't, you get larger smooth surfaces for poorly thinned paint and poorly blended highlights to show themselves off on.

>we want malifaux audience

The only problem with AoS is that they have good ideas but keep recycling the same stuff when it's time for box content.

It's so boring.

It's even less similar to Mailfaux than it is to Mordheim though. It obviously seems a lot like X-Wing, which isn't a bad thing.

>It's even less similar to Mailfaux
>game with a small warbands
>with shitton of cards
If they seriously wanting to compete with X-wing this game is doomed

The old models had so much life and soul, it really makes me sad to see GW going towards their new formulaic system.
I figured that could always be an issue, it not being to scale for some of the collectors. As for the larger scale I see your point.

Pretty much. Literally all they'd have to do is just let Stormcast lie alone. Just fucking don't touch them and let some other Order faction, or god forbid another Grand Alliance be in an event or be in a new game or box set.

But no, every damn city has to have Stormcast in the box, every event has to be Stormcast VS X. I don't even hate their designs or anything as much as some grognards here and around but fuck am I tired of this shit. Why have four Grand Alliances and why have so many factions within them if a single faction will ALWAYS be the focal point and always get at least one new model while most other factions languish two years on? Going from the website, Stormcast currently have more models than the next two largest Order factions combined. They nearly have more than half of all of Destruction combined. They're only seven away from having more than ALL of Death COMBINED.

Just split it into Stormcast VS everyone else and be done with it.

Have you even seen the video? There are 3 decks in the box and the cards are very similar to x-wing cards. Which obviously is hard to avoid since the system is rather simplistic. Also there are enough differences.
Since you play on a fixed board it's more like the board/wargame hybrids that recently were successful on KS. And all in all, I see the most similarities with Krosmaster.
ALSO
>small warbands must mean it's malifaux
So Infinity, Necromunda, SBH, Frostgrave, 5Men in Normandy all have the same audiences....

GW is still dense as fuck, when it comes to the wishes/desires of the community. Didn't the KO success actually surprise them? Just like SW:A and Bloodbowl? If it doesn't have power armor they don't expect it to sell.

>The old models had so much life and soul,
I'll take "soulless" new kit over stuff like 5th edition cold ones that required half a bag of millput to keep together.

I hope they eventually release a Deathrattle Battletome with some new units

I'd love to have some Skeleton Chariots and more cavalry options

They've been hinting at Nagash gearing up for war forever now, I really hope 2018 is the year of death

They did showcase a Night Haunt unit, so I think that Death Rattle will be second in line after the Night Haunt Battle Tome.

This has been a meme since the 4'th edition. Nagash is the king of procrastination.

Yeah that shit drives me up the wall, because it means the person has no clue what mordheim was

Yeah the new models just have no soul. GWs newest sculpt is a perfect example of their new trend of bland, characterless, and worst of all no fun or spirit.

>KO success a surprise
>if it doesn't have power armor they don't expect it to sell
user, I don't know how to break it to you but...

Are you shitting me? That model is goofy. If it was made 20 years ago with the same aesthetic you would tout it as an example of how oldhammer was good. But because it's new and plastic, suddenly it's the downfall of miniature design. This is what I don't like about you oldhammersfags, you don't even see the bullshit in your words.

>Inb4 the new archaon model

I think he was sarcastic...

Hashut is the best

Then that would make more sense

How hard is it to find skirmish games /support?
Is there a place to buy single figures other than eBay?
Seems like a fun way to try a new faction without committing to an army, but it's not really worth it if I have to buy a whole unit for 2 figures.

>Oy vey, look at all da soul goyim, here, buy a blightwar box, oh, lookie 'ere, now you can start Stormcast Eternals!

Fuck off Stormkike

I am hoping they do more modern recreations of old models/art.

I would kill for a Primaris Brother Craig model (or, "Johnny" as /wip/ know him).

As for pewter models, I have no shortage of the things. Most my Wood Elves are metal, so I am in a hard spot if I want to get more eternal guard since now they will look mismatched.
Waywatchers can just be fancy Glade Guard though, so I am lucky there.

>"come see our play through video by clicking on the link below!"
>really hyped for the game and wanna see how it plays.
>click on link and be sent to a page saying I can't watch unless I got subscription.
>apart from this pack opening video never watched war gaming and probably won't watch again after.
>also a poorfag atm.

If GW presents a model that looks ugly a lot of the time it's typically because they painted it like ass.

God, that would be sweet, heh heh heh. Heck it would be cool if they re released the entire model line with modern flair to it.
Honestly I love pewter models that require minimal or no assembly, and am especially fond of how forgiving it is to work with. Shitty paint job? Paint Stripper to the rescue.

>BCR nerfed fuckin hard with the GHB17
>Really hard to collect if you don't want to play 2000pts games
>Warscroll cards just released so no chance for new models in the near future
>Just 3 really bad finecast kits and two plastic ones - one kit works for 6 different units
>Not taking part in the Stoneklaw's Gutstompas
I'm not a BCR player but I'm looking for a new army and noticed that raiders are in a really bad shape right now. No new stuff since the launch, they seem to be a "let's try to sell our old stuff and make a room for new factions" army

Dude, the AoS Development team is a joke. Unless you play Stormcast or Chaos your faction is fucked.

Please go away and die. You guys are a pathetic lot of cancerous retards.

Related to this

Is it a good idea to make a Khorne warband for Skirmish only with heroes?

Imo it could be fun, but I don't know if at least a bit viable

user speaks to my heart as the WiP bcr guy here.

We're sorry mixed destruction took our one best model and made waac lists out of spamming it, but did you have to kill pure bcr along with the cheese? We were barely midtier before the 5 way nerf...

Depends. No for campaign but yes for point games. You need to use three different warscrolls per warband so you can pick two heroes and one reaver (they cost only 1 renown per model). In 75 renown and more games you can run an only-heroes warband legally. Find heroes with multi-target abilities, slap a bloodsecrator and have fun

They should do that, and call him Brother Crajo. Have him in Primaris armour with a veteran'd Corvus helm, explaining that he's a veteran that's been given the Primaris treatment.

I think the thematic links are there, if not the "spirit" or structural content. Skirmish level bands fighting in a ruined city over a magical resource

Brethren, dost thou think thine insult burrow deep? Ha, ye lot and ye faggotry ought to make way, less more cancer spread from thine tumor of a head.

The saving grave is how fun they are to kitbash, greenstuff up, and paint!

today's wip are my stonehorn beastriders who decided to wield leadbelcher cannons instead of lame ass crossbows, like a couple of geniuses. Just about to go outside and give them some primer.

Check out knightmare miniatures. Dude had run several crowdfunding campaigns and made some great Oldhammer style stuff in pewter. As othe folks mentioned though it is pretty niche, and his prices are necessarily high (check the website)

Having watched your progression from your first Chaos dwarf to this has been a treat.

Keep it up!

Mein Gott! user, you're my favorite person right now.

Ignore this asshole

GW dropped the ball by not having a world-wide campaign for the Season of Firestorm.

For once they had a chance of generating some hype for their new lore, and they fucked it up.

Ignore this trickster. He just wants you to buy soon to be discontinued models.

Slavfag please
He is an idiot but I'm really not sure if the BCR has any future tho. Yeah, they have battletome, allegiance abilities and even accessories like cards but at the end of the day they are in the same place as nighthaunts or wanderers. I mean they were in the same place - Wanderers got new abilities with free cities and nighthaunts can be pirates now iirc

Hey, AoS, want to convert thirster. So quick question. How i can use thirsty on foot and with pair of axes? Only as a bookholder on shelf, cause no rules?

Buy some wood, make it into a book end, make a round incision that will house the base of the Bloodthirster and base the area around him.

realms of shadow and or light when?

Try again, in English this time, if possible.

Nyet.

it's still on GW's website unless you live in some shithole

>ignore that guy but he's right

you're better off buying the whole box

>No spire of dawn on german, french and UK site
So I tried all real countries

It's in NA, Australia, New Zealand, so it looks like it's been pulled out of Europe

So you mean that it's still on GW's website IF you live in some shithole

>EU
>collection of 27 countries
>rapidly fraying apart with UK leaving
>greece
>1 euro equals 1.20 USD

Europe is the biggest collection of white trash, remove slavs

Yeah yeah. Here's your (you). Have fun with it mate and have a nice day

>Europeans taking pride in things they didn't do

have fun with your spire of dawn

it's about twice as expensive buying the pieces individually

Heh, nice try kiddo, but I know Spire of Dawn is a webstore exclusive for $80. You think it be easy to trick me? Think again, I have an IQ of 238. Like some troglodyte could get one over me, heh.

I bought two boxes 6 months ago so I'm fine - I have everything I need for a 1000pts skryre army and nice amount of clanrats for future Verminus army if we will see any related releases. That was a good decision