I don't love a single MTG character

I don't love a single MTG character.

Is this my failing, or WotC's?

yours

Don't lie, you are probably gay for Urza you faggot.

MTG is shit so it's your fault for caring in the first place

worse than games workshop

Not necessarily either one's, back in the good old days when everything was right (early 90's) you weren't expected to give a shit about any "characters" in the game because none of them were in any way important. Even Urza was a faceless background figure that you never saw on a card.

Currently though WotC is obsessed with creating a set of marketable mascots for the game and they've been completely failing, only one who's even slightly popular is Jace and only because he's a blatant self-insert for nerds. Magic just has shit characters, and it becomes a problem when the company wants you to grow attached to those.

Yours.

It's never the audience responsibility to fall in love with any aspect of a franchise, story, movie, or game. It's always the sole responsibility of the creator to make the audience fall in love with their work.

It's almost like a card game isn't conductive to telling a chronological story, and WotC are retarded for trying.

You know when you think back to previous standards or old decks, and you can't very well remember much of anything except that ONE card?

That is true love.

I like Xantcha a lot, but I can't say I care about any mtg characters after the dominaria/phyrexia/brother's war/weatherlite mega story finished. I couldn't give 2 shits about the gatewatch.

I only remember how bad precious standard formats were.

>you weren't expected to give a shit about any "characters" in the game because none of them were in any way important. Even Urza was a faceless background figure that you never saw on a card.
I love how hard shitposters rag on MtG, makes it that much funnier when they show they have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

I love Thalia

Void.
Machine Head all day every day. MM / INV standard. A close second to Flametongue Kavu.

>Urza was a faceless background figure that you never saw on a card
ice age, homelands, mirage.. all had strong character focuses and a shit load of additional background texts as well

I'd say old magic did have more of its own identity, though. Possibly just because it was more niche and less concerned with mass market appeal.

Yes, but does she love you?

Na, we've never met or interacted.

But I like to think she would approve of me if we did, since I would be a good friend and a good soldier and I would be helpful to her and her quest.

>grizzly bears
Am i a faggot?

The purple prose and bad characters keep me from enjoying the game with my own imagination.

Dominus of Fealty. Flying around, taking shit and not giving a fuck. Better than Jace or Chandra any day.

>Is this my failing, or WotC's?

It's impossible for something to be a player's fault. We're blameless when it comes to content creation. If there's content you don't like, it's the content creator's fault, every time.

Therefore, it's the failing of WOTC to provide a complete entertainment product for you.

Who doesn't!

You don't have to love a character. People can love the game for different reasons.

I don't think a card game is a very good medium for telling a continuous story, and I always find it a little silly when a set has a card that just says something like "GIDEON IS SAD." Its hard to be genuinley invested characters who's dialogue mostly come from snarky flavor-text quotes.

I think a "well-written" magic character is something more like pic related, small little one-shot stories/characters that can fit on a single card. There's no real expanded lore to it, and there doesn't really need to be. Some cards grab your attention, some don't.

>Her face when she catches you trying to cast a noncreature spell

dude c'mon at least be the strapping young buck who takes a werewolf fang for her

Of course I would. I would jump in front of Griselbrand himself for her.