There are no "pure" human adventurers

>there are no "pure" human adventurers
>all adventuring humans have at least 5% of elf, dwarf, celestial, demon, fey, etc. in their genetics
>"pure" humans are ordinary commoners/NPCs, no different than the base limits of regular, non-fictional humans, with no innate magical talents or exceptional abilities

How would this make you feel?

Sounds like a prelude to some sort of wanky "heroic fantasy" schtick.

statistically unlikely.
A lot of the 5% group would STILL be peasant shits because the adventuring market is highly competitive.

>"Dare you enter my magical realm of Eugenics?"

Not if the vast majority of commoners was human, and elves/dwarves etc. were also rather rare.

I dunno, I think that elf dick could go far with a very small amount of elves.
I mean, shit, a SINGLE GUY was able to be in almost everyone's genetics. Fucking ghengis khan, best rapist in all history.

Anything that makes you better simply by being born with it is a pretty cringe power fantasy that appeals to the desire of being a cool guy without needing to put hard work into it. See shonen anime like Naruto and Bleach.

It's weird that you associate it with anime when THE CHOSEN ONE is fucking universal and in almost every cultural background possible.

A dwarf fortress without humans?

Would be good

It's because his primary source of media is anime, and he doesn't realize that shit is lousy in other media.
It is the literal only explanation that doesn't require he be a philistine or a troll.

Pretty sure I saw this exact setting on Sadpanda

I dunno, I think if you're cringing at this you're not really suitable for being outside of your hugbox.
I mean shit, the epic of gilgamesh is based around two characters who are better than everyone else because the gods made them that way.

Oh, like Greek mythology?

Hey, that's only like, 80% of greek mythology.

What OP said is not much different from reality. He's not saying adventurers don't have to work hard, just that only some people have the natural aptitude to reach the highest peaks of ability. A person with the right genes who doesn't work hard is still going to be a random commoner.

>picking a common example that makes sense on an anime image board founded to discuss Japanese culture means that my primary source of media is anime
Not a fantastic argument, but nice assumptions my room temperature IQ friends.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is a primitive story meant to encourage the reader to work for the common good of his people so that his deeds will live on past his own mortality, not really an impressive piece of world building. Congratulations.

Actually, it's funny you should mention this, because in my setting almost nobody actually knows that most of the setting's 'humans' aren't traditional Forgotten Realms humans, they're descendants of a race of shapeshifting giants that shapeshifted to better relate to most of the other races.
Most of their powers got taken away in the past, forcing them to generalize, but it at least explains how somehow humans are able to interbreed with everyone and have unusual adaptability.

That actually isn't funny at all.

>badmouthing the original tale of the finite nature of man
Man check out this pleb

>cringing from a huge portion of influential legends
Society has declined.

Ok, keep up working on your setting.

>nobody answers the question

pretty neutral so long as i can pick whatever my bloodline is

I'm cool with that. I always like when my magical power to gain levels and become superhumanly swole is acknowledged and justified in the fiction.

>How would this make you feel?
Depends, if it is akin to Greek mythology with snowflake races in place of gods I'm cool with it. Its its just "LEL humans are crap look at this elf village which can conquer an entire human empire but choose not to" than fuck off.

Or, from another perspective, one could say that society has matured.

Pretty alright

Heroes, monarchs and other notable men were said to have some sort of weird ancestry pretty often.

I like to at least have the choice to not be someone who's just using some superpower they're born with.

>How would this make you feel?

If your setting is like Warcraft where there's no such things as genetics and any Humanoid can fuck and conceive with any other Humanoid (provided they survive both) then no one, but, like, the most isolated groups or ethnicities are going to be "pure".

It'll be like modern day times where very few white people are actually 100% European, but are like 75% European and a smattering of Native American, Black, Azanacan Jew, or whatever else. You'd just have a bunch of ye olde peasants who're like 75% Human and then 25% Orc, Elf, or Dwarf or something depending on their history and whoever species is neighboring them. Barbarian tribes, especially, would be constantly marrying into Orcish tribes or something to prevent inbreeding or just to momentarily stop infighting.

I HATE that sort of thing mind you because it's farts and dumb, but I'm just saying how it'd go down.

Well get some superpowers, then.

Sounds like most of mythology

Declined seems much more accurate.

Sounds stupid and unrealistic

Humans straight up do heroic things all the time. There would be at least 1 dude with clean blood out kicking butt and taking names.

This adds nothing to the setting, and the amount of shit you'd have to retcon when you realize it doesnt make sense is insane.

Martial classes don't use magic and arent magically enhanced to do what they do.

Magic items still exist, why don't they put on a belt of might +8 and keep doing what theyre doing?

Divine magic is not an innate power, it's granted through the deity. Why would humans be unable to use it?

Since when the hell were dwarves so adept at magic that 5% of their genes would give you an edge?

How does have a negligible amount of ancestry change the setting aside from the never ending overuse of the "Boo hoo we have no super humans in our village and now the kobolds are bullying us" trope?

It makes me 'feel' like OP thinks that every dumbass homebrew stretch he thinks of needs to be its own setting.

I know you want to be an edgelord and force one of your players to be a 'normal' human because you 'rolled' for it (Read: Decided ahead of time and rolled a D20 for show) in order to make a 'cool' (Read: Shallow) dynamic between party members. But you will literally be the only one having fun and then wonder why theyre on their phone all session.

>This would require so many retcons to the D&D setting which is obviously what we are talking about
>And by that I mean forgotten realms specifically

>elf, dwarf, celestial, demon, fey, etc.
>LUL forgotten realmz hurrr.

You going to address anything said or are you just saying to handwave it away as "MY setting everything makes sense and works"

The ideas shit. Any system you put it in you're saying humans are just the shit race because having peasants in general just wasn't enough for you. The only purpose for the 5% thing is so you can throw in a bunch of 'le epic' gmpcs in there to taunt however you stick with the low roll on capabilities.

You were so caught up in shitposting you forgot to actually make a point with it.
And you don't really need much of a response, since you're obviously having some personal trauma over rolled races over there and no such things were mentioned.

You obviously forgot that humans actually don't need "special blood" to do anything.

King Author comes to mind.

>all adventuring humans have at least 50% celestial

So Ancient Greek adventures?

We're not doing england, we're doing greece.
Human heroes are small potatoes tier. Looking at you, odysseus.

Sounds like where heroes and magicians and the like came from originally. The vast majority of older myths aren't about regular soldiers or scholars, it's all half gods, demons, fey and spirits.

Isn't King Author that guy who wrote the kiddie sex in the sewers scene?

Remember, in D&D, literally everyone has enough Dragon in them to become a Sorcerer. So it's already canon, in the slightest principle.
Less so for celestials, fiends, and genies, however. Those are called Planetouched, and they're very visible even dozens of generations distant.

>literally everyone has enough Dragon in them to become a Sorcerer
Where the fuck in any document does it say that? Just because draconic sorcerers exist doesn’t mean everyone can be one.

Character who are born with power are kind of passive

Whereas characters who gain their own power are active.

Generally speaking active characters have reasons to be a part of an adventure and make more interesting characters

I feel as though this is a horrible idea.

I get that you're drawing purely from mechanical considerations, but that's a pretty questionable interpretation of sorcerers considering every edition doesn't freely let people multiclass like that, and not all sorcerers have dragon blood as the source of their power (some sort of event/magical exposure has always been a valid reason)

Bored. It’s a boring idea with little room for experimentation or an actual STORY to happen.

All human adventurers having a bit of non-human ancestry provides a bit of flavor to each character and an explanation for how they manage to break the "human barrier" like adventurers do. It adds diversity even to an all human party, or helps provide connections and linkages between party members.

So you're lazy

kek

like OP is a faggot.

>provides a bit of flavor to each character and an explanation for how they manage to break the "human barrier" like adventurers do.
So does good, thoughtful writing, and that at least doesn’t reduce the entire setting to a gimmick.