Good feels thread

My usual IRL game went on hiatus cuz a guy moved and won't be back for some time: one of the other players, however, took up the mantle, invited another of our common buddies who was interested in RPGs and got us all together for a nice game of the Dark Eye (Das Schwarze Auge)

So I sat there for a while, thinking of what character to do and everything, when I decided what I would want to play, made the sheet and then wrote up a few things on his backstory. A simple thing, really, nothing fancy or out of the ordinary.

But my GM was intrigued by my character's history and when we met he told me that he liked my backstory best because it gave him a way to get us so many hooks it wasn't funny.

And after we played together, I can honestly say that I really like where our game is going: this time it's less about
>eat
>smash monster
>sleep
>repeat
instead it's more nuanced and curious conversations as our characters start to get to know each other some more, about where they come from and what they want to do at the place that we were going to together. Lots of fun all around!

So...
>how was your session, Veeky Forums?

>How was your session
Party doesnt seem to agree with my plan of world domination

>how was your session
didn't happen because 2 guys have decided not to show up anymore and another guy lives a good distance away and I was hoping someone else would take a turn at picking him up since I have been doing it and the last guy has to be at work early in the morning and couldn't play past 10 and since no one else is coming and didn't bother telling us they weren't coming until an hour after we we're planning to start in one case and still hasn't said anything on the other.
I'm just really fucking pissed.

I fucking died.

My (married) character is being forced to fake a wedding with a choice of three different women

wasn't this supposed to be a good feels thread?

You know when nothing goes well in a session and you kinda just lose all your steam as a DM?

Just had that last week and was already doubting my plot and world I was creating for my players. But I dug in extra hard and planned, created and tried new things.

Just had an amazing session last night, one of the best I have ever run! Feels good.

People don't know how tough it is for DMs. The self doubt, the criticism. But, man, when it comes together. It is all worth it.

Now how am I going to top it next week? Back to work.

>my players start actually using the resource they've been sitting on for a dozen sessions
>my players take the bait I so carefully laid out
>one of my players thanks me after the session
>my players get genuinely excited when I tell them the ancient ruins they discovered are actually an airship, and it's theirs now

My character got engaged, the wizard failed miserably trying to teach the blind NPC brail, the elf ranger tried promoting communism while investigating a curse that everyone had, the cleric used all of his spell slots to feed the poor and the human ranger bullied a lvl 1 adventuring party who got cursed

My dm has just been trying to screw me at every chance, literally all new threats to the part are starting by some wild coincidence related to me.

>How was your last session
Cancelled due to DM having "unforeseeble problems". As was the session before it. And the session before that one too. We've had only one game in last three months, and it actually got me desperate enough to start a game of my own.

Drop them. All of them. If someone has to get up early it's their own fault for choosing a shitty job. I made sure to pick a field of employment that gave me enough time off. When I add people to the game and they miss more than one session per year due to work, it's time for them to fuck off. We are adults here, if you are still at the kind of job where you get called in randomly cause you still work at Wal-Mart like a worthless loser, then you need to fuck off. If you have kids, don't expect us to cancel our session cause you're "watching the little guy." Drown it in a bucket, you'll be happier. Jesus Christ. The amount of thirsty beta males who have kids with some fat baggy whale is just hilarious, by it pisses me off when they try to fuck up my game by joining then having a retarded schedule. They don't realize that I am doing a favor for them, by adding them to my campaign? I've got a good core group of players and we try to do the community a favor by bringing new people into our games, but they are worthless flakes for the most part and so many of them are shit roleplayers.

(cont.) It seems I have finally become the parties butt monkey

I know this feel. Our foreverDM decided to put together a TRPG Dream Team for our latest campaign and it has honestly been amazing. The first session, we exclusively talked to each other in character and had great and interesting conversations as we began to learn about the world and each other.

>smash monster

Players seemed to really enjoy the latest session.

>Fallen knight accused of murder and cowardice by his own order
>Players represent him in formal trial.
>Do some searching and find the man who was murdered beat his wife.
>Players convince wife now widow to testify at trial.
>Players move the jury of knights to their favor.
>But driving a wedge between the knights and the townsfolk as they acquit the knight.

The town becomes a hotbed and skirmishes break out in the streets Townsfolk vs. Knights. Players skip town with Fallen Knight and widow. Pretty neat to be honest.

Had a nice conversation with a blind man and convinced a chef to bring the deathbattle down to fisticuffs. Playing by text is a bit of a pain as far as time management goes.

>PCs murder a wandering priest because he had the temerity to tell them to not go into a certain city if they were feeling ill: There was a plague in said city and things were quite bad.
>Never get a chance to identify where the cleric was from, but I did describe his apparel and holy symbol.
>Note down the murder.
>Eventually they run into the holy order said cleric was from, on a mission from another party entirely to try to garner their support for procuring certain herbs with alchemical properties.
>They go to the head church, try to be charming.
>Everyone is icily polite, watchful, sullenly hostile, but not quite ready to break ranks. Ultimately, they fail to convince Aoahnar, the leader, to help them.
>Never explicitly mention murdered cleric was from said holy order.
>On their way out, trying to figure out what to do next, Steven exclaims OOC, "Wait, they're mad because we killed their guy. We should apologize or something or at least offer to make amends."

Maybe my bar is too low, but this is the first time any of them have ever actually connected a consequence to their murderhoboing idiocy. Usually it's a cycle of attack people, mug/kill them, loot their stuff, get attacked by adventurers/bounty hunters/the army/whatever, get slaughtered by overwhelming odds, proclaim it a lot of fun, and then roll up new characters while cheerfully ignoring that they're all colossal failures at being the heroes they supposedly want to play.

>LMoP with some fresh faces.
>Going after orcs at Wyvern Tor, party decide to try two plans.
>One is to send in the resident bard in a stolen orc uniform and greenface to try and convince them to come out and get killed one at a time
>plan b is default murderhobo solution alpha but with maybe a modicum of forethought and trapsetting

>bard goes in all stealthlike, trying to be a relatively sneaky guy, but is still eventually spotted
its then that the dm turns to him with a smirk
>"So, do you speak orkish?"
>of course he doesn't
>PLAN B PLAN B PLAN B

all orcs, one ogre and one pc were killed in the ensuing mayhem

as said DM, good end in my book

>Too burned to try and make an original setting atm
>Fuck it, Megaman X Homebrew campaign up in this bitch
>3 members never heard of it, explain it as Ghost in the Shell crossed with Dragon Ball androids in a John Wick-Style setting
>They get hooked

This was during this week
>Party got stranded in the Sahara
>Chased by Mavericks
>Evading ambushes and setting up scouts for the night
>At least half the party is keeping the Hacker and Medic alive at all costs since they aren’t specced for combat
>Next day, throw an encounter at them
>Guardroids and Mettaur’s
>The Mettaurs roll really well and proceeded to block everything thrown at them
>Party’s all-rounder goes fuck it and rolls well on two melee attacks to try and kill the one Mettaur who didn’t hide in its hat
>It rolls to block and lands 20s on both attempts
>Pic related, all-rounder’s response
>Our hacker tries to hack the same Mettaur 3 Rounds later
>Another fucking 20!
>Fluff it so she now has 4 of the little bastards at her beck and call

This was yesterday night
>On a train loaded with weapons in the middle of bumfuck, Texas
>Sniper, Heavy Weapons, Scout and Strategist are set to blow the whole thing up
>Roll for encounters
>3 straight rooms of loot
>MFW
>Party was flat broke when they took this job, now they’re stinking rich.

I haven’t laughed so damn hard in a while, but Jesus Christ...

Last session I played was with some elegan/tg/entlemen!

First off, we managed to convince the GM to avoid killing a character that had to face a monster who was supposed to be an even match for him but was actually really strong. We had to use our own fate points in order to do so... but I mantain that those were points well spent.

Then a lot of things happenedand we had to run from not!conquistadors who were trying to take us prisoner so that was also fun.

I had a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next session!

Damn that feels good!

You're the worst.

Every time I finish a session I feel like I fucked up somewhere, and I always find out people think Im a great DM. Its little things that I know could have been better, and it never ends up overshadowing the work I put in. Im glad people appreciate that shit on some level.

Thank you for doing what you do, GM!

Find a new group.

>Every time I finish a session I feel like I fucked up somewhere, and I always find out people think Im a great DM.
That's because peoples expectations are so low. You have to keep in mind that the average DM is a droning, railroading fuck with an OC donut steel setting who wanks lore in your face. Or sits there and reads the published adventure out loud. Which I'd honestly prefer over most homebrew campaigns. I always wondered why I was considered such a good GM when I honestly consider myself mediocre at best. Then i caught a glimpse of the average GM and realized the middle line wasn't where I thought it was. Youre probably ok at it, user. Flawed, but ok. If I had the time I'd listen to one of your sessions and give you some actual feedback. But you're never going to get that from players cause most of them don't understand shit.

I never had a bad game since I started tabletop gaming. No that guy or no magical realm, all the player I Gm'd were good people and the same thing goes for the GM that ran game where I was a player
The worst experience was the first ttrpg I played it was a one shot of Numenera that was just boring but it could have been worst and I still had some fun

My last session went pretty bad though, I gm'd for a game and when we started I forgot most of the basics rules and it really destroyed the fluidity and rythm of the session, It was better on the second half but I feel bad for it

bump