Level two knight wants to battle, how will your character fare?

Level two knight wants to battle, how will your character fare?

Armor is going to be an issue. I would say die horribly

Level three Goliath Barbearian, let's do this

Like shit. I've got a godawful blackpowder pistol and not a lot of skill with it, a crash kit, and cheap, kit-bashed armor. So far, my contribution to fights have been accidentally winging a different zombie than the one I was aiming for and pissing another zombie off enough that he attacked me rather than the even-less-armored techie.

I'm really good at patching everyone up after the fight, though. Can I sell my services as a medic to the knight?

Either I heat his armor with magic or teleport him in front of the sun.

Depends on how spiteful he's feeling

She's got a pair of wheel-lock pistols and a rifled musket.

I'd say she's got a pretty good chance. The odds of missing thrice in a row are pretty slim.

Level 5 Fighter, I whoop his ass.

oh shit im just a level one knight

>PL 10 Super-Soldier Agent
Yeah, I'm pretty good unless level 2 knights are crazy powerful.

We fight. It's fun. The fight lasts until the knight gets tired in a few hours. My character invites him back to spar again the next day.
We finished the campaign with the power of lesser gods. The others ventured off together on a yet more glorious quest while my character left to live in the woods near a small town. He took his child, a juvenile dragon which he hatched, and the son of the primary antagonist who he adopted to live a peaceful life and mentor them.
The challenge of a young knight would be welcome. There's so much to teach him.

I win. His armor isn't going to stop a Buick.

>Dark Eldar former pirate working as the second in command for a rogue trader who specializes in melee combat and has a vast armoury of melee weapons
Fight would be a tad one-sided

> Unlimited fall distance
> Never tires from swinging sword if not in combo
> Jumps 4-5 times his own height

Level 1 my ass.

I tempt him with my feminine penis and before you know it, the knight is the one being ridden.

My half-orc fighter gladly takes the challenge and power attacks him for well over five-times his hit points. The knight spends the rest of eternity trapped inside my soul-stealing blade, watching his own head bounce on my belt until I take a new trophy.

>lvl 2 knight
I could take his sword away from him, bend him over my knee, and spank him with it before he could say peasant.

bump

level 5 rogue.... i think id do ok, but it depends on if i get my feints off

Level 2 antipaladin

We likely don't fight, as I do good deeds for the community for selfish reasons and he does evil things to protect others.

We might bang. Might.

>tfw you are challenged to combat but you're just a thief
Run and hide and steal his money. In this order.

Or
>ask my slave if he feels like slaughtering a knight championing for me

The season after the first abdication of Napoleon, and more particularly after the battle of Waterloo, was, it is well known, very fruitful in quarrels between French and English officers. That pleasant gossip, Captain Gronow, has furnished many incidents illustrative of this spirit. It is a fact, that the French spent days and nights practicing fencing; and even resorted to the device of dressing up fencing-masters in officers' clothes, and setting them to pick quarrels with the English. It became impossible for these latter to avoid a conflict with men burning with rage and mortification, and determined to insult their conquerors

When the British Army occupied the South of France especially on Bordeaux, the French officer used to come across the Garonne for the sole purpose of insulting and picking a quarrel with the English who were in many instances absurd enough to grant their wishes; and as the challenge usually came from the English, the French had the choice of weapons, and invariably selected their favorite small-sword. Strange to say, the result was usually in favor of our countrymen, who, being utterly helpless at carte, and tierce, and all the niceties of the exercise, unconsciously reproduced the scene in Moliere's Bourgeois, rushed on, in defiance of guards and passes, and cut down their enemy at once. In vain the Frenchmen protested that this was "brutal" and "unchivalrous," that it was a crying outrage against "lee regles d'escrime." Stalwart Englishmen stood by their friend, and, producing loaded pistols, threatened to shoot any who attempted to interfere. This system gradually produced a more wholesome state of feeling.

Cutting words, vicious mockery, greater invisibility if things get dicey but he should get humiliated and just give up rather quickly.

How would a rapier and saber interact with heavy armor IRL? How does a duelist slay this shit? Also, would 17 century pistol penetrate the normal plate?

9th level archetyped unchained monk. Omae wa mo shindeiru

I don't know. What's his sword made of?

>PF inquisitor lvl 4
He'd just IMW him, then turn into Iomedae's faith
>Knight in Savage Worlds
Lv 2 knight is converted to serve a King, I think
>teacher in UA
I'm confused, honestly
>old cleric of war in dnd 5, lv 20
He'd just ask knight to join him.

How does the dagger that penetrates armor look?

Very pointy. Generally, the better the armor evolves, the and straighter and more focused on thruster and less slashing swords and daggers become to get into the gaps. On the other hand, blunt weapons and axes become more popular.

>IMW

I make walrus?

>Winged human rouge2/swashbuckler1
Be a pretty close fight but he'd just take off and wouldn't stick around to fight in the first place

That rapier is for armorless combat, not for plate armor, wtf are you on about

Assuming equal levels
Lvl 2 knight vs Lvl 2 Half-Orc Fighter/Barbarian ( 5e,TWF)
Gonna be a difficult fight on equal footing, but I'd probably win due to volume of attacks and damage reduction. Armor's going to be a bitch though.

Actual level at this point in the campaign though, he gets spanked.

dnd is shit cus you can't just wrestle this idiot with your superior physique and kill him on the ground

No idea. I doubt that it'll perish, though. Reputation's to good to make knights want to kill me.

my current character is a level 5 fighter so probably spare his life but demand his superior armor in return.

My current char has a warhammer and can dodge, so I guess it's rather even.

Armor and plate was very much a thing during the years that the rapier was used in combat. In fact, plate armor did not exist until the late medieval and it achieved its zenith when guns were everywhere.

>Level 10 Immortal Mystic
>Mystic's face when

But you can.
Grapple>Shove Prone>rip 'em up with Advantage.

When a Barb is raging they have advantage on the Grapple and Shove checks.

Assuming both are in initiative if you're level 2, the most you're doing is knocking them on the ground a bunch if it's a fair, one on one fight and just seeing how long it takes him to get frustrated at constantly standing up.

He would have to use a full action to get ungrappled.

So it's
>Turn 1- Grapple (With Advantage)
>Turn 1 - (knight) Attack or attempt to break grapple (Which Barb has advantage to hold on to)
>Turn 2- Shove prone (With advantage)
>Turn 2 Fighter- Enemy now cannot stand up because they have a speed of 0 until they break the grapple, has disadvantage on attacks against you

For some reason, the banging part excluded, I pictured fantasy paladin versions of Crowley and Aziraphale, there.

Translation: Its going to take a long time but you can totally wrestle him to the ground and beat him to death/ choke hime out/ripp him limb from limb if ypur dm allows

Very good but we're high level. Even then, my character would probably just fly away. Or stand in the air above the knight trying to explain to him that he really ought to fight the team's minotaur instead if he wants a challenge.

Charge him before he puts his armor on.

My character can fly and shoot lightning.

Right, noble gentleman, so you want a duel. Since you have made the challenge, I, as the one being challenged, have the right to choose the weapons and duel. Therefore, I chose: poetry.

Pretty good man, I have level 7 weapons on the phantom pain

Pretty badly. My most recent character is a 55 year old ex military mechanic. Left his job with a pretty nasty gauss pistol. Mr knight might like to try his luck elsewhere.

Similar to how my petty lord ex-adventurer would react.

He would beat the knight senseless then tell him to meet him at 5am the next day to work on the fundamentals. The knight would do well to listen, this man has slain a Lich but has since retired to a nice life ruling a small region and spending his days hunting and raising his kids.

You're alright.

I can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure plate acts like a Faraday cage.

- Level 5 -
Lighting Spear
Amulet of Blasting
Grandfathers Claymore +1
AC 17

Bring it on.

Metal that gives a clear path to ground will be preferentially followed by electricity over moving over skin or though flesh. The idea that metal armor = instant lightning death is absurd.

>level 6 not-warforged fighter in 13th Age
>merged with fire elemental
>wields an entire fucking door as a bludgeon/shield, with a flame khopesh
Pretty good. The knight probably gets a bemused look, closely followed by a concussion.

Poorly and no. You need to be able to stab him through the gaps in his armour. Full plate armour makes you essentially immune to weapons up until muskets came around, maybe a lance being carried by a knight charging full tilt could penetrate it but swords are useless and even maces and hammers are unlikely to hurt them beneath the padding they wear underneath.

This could not be more wrong.

#1. Knocking someone over and going at them with a dagger is well documented as a way for a common man at arms or knight to take out an enemy knight

#2 Half-swording with narrow pointed longswords was an effective way to deal with enemy knights, this is also well documented in multiple manuals.

#3 Maces are fucking amazing at hurting people through armour, they had many designs specifically made to catch on armour because they were so effective. Put a metal helmet on over leather padding and then have someone smack you in the head with a 5kg ball of metal and tell me how immune you are.

Polearms, poleaxes in particular.

ALSO

#4 War picks were a thing

#5 Muskets only INCREASED the demand for armour as they could not penetrate breastplates till the advent of rifling and shaped charges.

so is your class a bear pun or just horrendous spelling?

not him but Barbarian has Bear Totem as option so

Probably a totem barbarian going the only totem worth a damn.

>laughingSicilian.gif

>Maces weigh 5 kg
>Padding was made out of leather
>I know shit

Choose one.

Armour was proofed against pistols. You would have better luck poking at gaps with the rapier.

I have no combat spells and get upset when I have to kill people, so fine because my body guard will shit on the gaijin for me.

The most satisfying part of any Sharpe episode was seeing him do this to the Twelfth Earl of Whoever or the Marquis de Whatever

A murderstrike is going to inflict enough stun to allow me to grapple him and then work a dagger into his visor.

So pretty well all things considered.

>Level 10 Ranger
>guy's luck repeatedly hinges on a coin flip rather than a d20
Most likely it would be a minor curbstomping, assuming he bothers casting spells, but there is the chance he spontaneously dislocates his shoulder with the first swing of his sword and falls onto his blade. An exaggeration of course, but it's really not that far off as his luck goes.

Despite being unarmored and barely a threat, being way higher level means she could sponge his hits and probably kick his ass, eventually

Human Barbarian 14
I try to learn something from his approach because I haven't actually fought a knight before, but I get bored pretty quickly and grapple/subdue his punkass.

monk 3/psion 6
from a psionic heavy setting
using a spear
>poor fucking tin can

We'll see. I got the pokes, he's got the armor.

>going 3 into monk
You dun fucked. You go 2 at most, and I hope you have tashalatorra.

My character would win a battle of attrition assuming the knight has no significant ability score bonuses to speak of.

I sit him down and explain to him that this is a terrible idea.

>orc barbarian with 30 str
Knocks him out with a casual backhand then loots his unconscious body.

>monk
Disarms and trips him with a flick of her wrist then offers to teach him in the ways of Ki and ancient martial arts folded a thousand times.

>Shifter Barbarian/Warshaper/Weretouched Master/Rageclaw with 45 Str WITHOUT magic items
I lift a house to prove my might and scare him?

Or
>Tao/Tecnician/Warrior Mentalist with Physical stats at 17
I punch the ground and create a 9.0 earthquake? or just clap and send him flying away?

Forgot lesser used PCs of mine

>halfling rogue who pretends to be a wizard
Fares terribly in a straight up fight, as she relies on sneak attacks and control spells secretly cast from scrolls and wands. Will bullshit her way out of the challenge, failing that, throws magical glitter in his eyes and runs away.

>evil dwarf cleric
Breaks his legs with a magical warhammer, summons a swarm of vermin and leaves him to die unless he accepts Kostchtchie as his lord and savior.

Padding under a helmet was a leather arming cap

I respect his dedication to the blade. I take off my robe and wizard hat, then pick up my sword (how appropriate that I had exactly two levels in fighter).

op posted the wrong image
THIS is a Level 2 Knight

He's an insect. They're all resistant to falls and nimble for their size because they're so small

Shit, I've been stuck on episode 15 for so long. I should actually get to watching it again.

>#1. Knocking someone over and going at them with a dagger is well documented as a way for a common man at arms or knight to take out an enemy knight
Which is not going through their armour is my point.
>#2 Half-swording with narrow pointed longswords was an effective way to deal with enemy knights, this is also well documented in multiple manuals.
I specifically mentioned going for gaps
>#3 Maces are fucking amazing at hurting people through armour, they had many designs specifically made to catch on armour because they were so effective. Put a metal helmet on over leather padding and then have someone smack you in the head with a 5kg ball of metal and tell me how immune you are.
Mace heads weren't that heavy and most helmets had a degree of distance between the helmet, the padding, meaning you have to cave in the helmet fairly significantly to harm their skull as opposed to just jolting them or delivering the shock around their helmet as opposed to directly into their head. Beyond that padding would rarely be made of leather it would be made of layers of linen or wool, less a leather arming cap and more the hood of a parka.

>#4 War picks were a thing
Even assuming you can get a solid hit, a hit even to the skull doesn't guarantee an instant kill and a pick embedded deep into armour is relatively difficult to remove leaving you open to potential attacks.

>#5 Muskets only INCREASED the demand for armour as they could not penetrate breastplates till the advent of rifling and shaped charges
Fucking what? Shaped charges to penetrate a breastplate? Are you literally retarded?

Well, my hellspawn voidmaster has a gun, but if he misses then things get interesting. He has surprisingly good luck when making enemies roll for fear at -10 Will test with his mutilated metal warp-forged face, so maybe I can scare him unconcious or force him to run away.

If that fails, well, it was a good run.

>Full plate armour makes you essentially immune to weapons

I'm the GM, but there's a primary NPC the PCs deal with, so we'll assume he's my character for this.

That knight does not survive round one

Laugh
Laugh as I full auto with APDS
Laugh even more

Level 16 swashbuckler. Your shit is weak.

Knight gets two lasbolts to the chest and dies.

Rep 4 noble with a 1 handed weapon and a shield.

Show me examples of people actually causing damage beyond the rigid plates and padding of a suit of full plate armour. You can't slice through plate armour, a thrust is at best going to penetrate a fraction of an inch, and not enough to get through the padded armour underneath, while blunt force trauma is greatly decreased by the rigid plates and further decreased by the padding underneath. There is a reason people wore full plate armour, because it made you pretty much a tank, and unless you were stabbed in the joints or something you probably weren't going down.

Henry V is described as taking an axe blow to the head during the battle of Agincourt, but he wasn't killed or had his skull caved in, it simply knocked off some helmet decorations (and probably jarred him a good bit), meanwhile his brother was wounded not from a lance to the chest or a mace to the head, but in the groin, you know where knights of the period didn't have plate armour protecting them.

Just spam down-air slash and bounce him over and over again. He's only level 2, so it's not like your fighting Hornet or something. If anything, I'd imagine he'd be like the shielded carrying bugs from the Crossroads

This man is right, we all need to get to our cars and apply the horsepower method. Eat it all, buddy. Crusader vs Pt Cruiser, I win.

>He's an insect.
Eh, not quite. He's really more of a void construct wrapped in a chitin shell.

lvl 5 gnoll ranger, survivor architype 3.5 d&d
he gets blankly stared at for a few moments before the big gnoll bitch clarifies in bad common if he wants to play fight or real fight. if play fight she doesnt draw the ten foot long oversized greatsword on her back (monkeygrip is a hell of a drug) if a real fight to the death she just shrugs, draws steel and remarks what a strange bandit he is. either way the fight is hardly fair, she has 3 times his hp, 22 str AND a fuckmothering dire honey badger for her animal companion at the same power a druid would for her lvl. even if it's just a sparring match and the badger stays out of it he's gonna get his ass handed to him. in a real fight... he's already dead.

Noah?