The dungeon is flooded with water

>The dungeon is flooded with water

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-nine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_IX
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Marshes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>There's skeletons in the water, but it's too murky so you can't see them.

>I cast Major Creation
>'What are you creating?'
>Ice-nine

Let's do this

>GM pulls up Google
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-nine
>Ice-nine is a fictional material that appears in Kurt Vonnegut's novel Cat's Cradle
>Fictional substance. Ignored without comment.
>Hits disambiguation.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_IX
>That is a real thing. GM uses it

Can I stick my Lightning Dagger+5 into the water

Okay then, I cast lightning bolt on the water until everything is dead

How pure do you think the water is ?

Because pure water isn't conductive.

It's filling up a dungeon, presumably old, ill-maintained to the point of crumbling. It's full of monsters, sea life, and some dead cave-divers. It might even be part of a larger body of water.

it's impossible to get water pure enough to not be conductive in an environment that would be worth exploring.

would that give my bottled sword an advantage to-hit since it'd be basically invisible?

Good answer. Corpses of various aquatic creatures float to the surface within 20 meters of you.

Just to confirm: Are you in the water at all ?

That sword seems awkward to hold.

Do you really assume the charge you release won't spread and separate until it's useless?

It's a chucklefucking lightning bolt, there's plenty of energy to go around

Yeah, I waded up to waist depth before firing lightning into the fucking water

Just hurl stun grenades about 30 feet in front of us constantly and wear rubber leggings.

Remind me, how much damage does this spell it do again? Doesn't sound like 1.21 jiggawatts of power to me

just imagine that the top part is actually large enough to be a viable handle.

Also, I am about 90% certain that my group would end up setting up a really large explosion to kill everything in the dungeon with the pressure wave.

>Can I get a healing potion over here
>'Sure'
>'Actually wait that's no- OH CHRIST'

crit failed the healing check,

>Perform (Sword-swallowing)
Good thing I went to bard school!

Why don't you ask Iran?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Marshes

>isn't conductive

Everything conducts with enough volts.

>magic makes water behave strangely, like flow upwards in places and such.

wrote "and suck" on first attempt

The Lightning spell does not simply summon a bolt of regular lightning which would kill its caster just as much as it would the targets it hit, if it were cast in water (and air incidentally). In any condition except a highly controlled spell from, the lightning bolt should kill both the caster and his target due to the spell originating at his fingertips and emanating from his outstretched hand. Since it does not we can be assured it is in fact a guided and controlled gout of elemental air excited to a high energy state (that's what lightning is in a D&D world) and directed down a specific path from the caster's fingertips. This means that the electrical energy contained within does not disperse along it path except in a single direction away from the caster. It summons magical electricity in spectacular fashion to hurt a single target.

This is true of every lightning spell save Call Lightning and Call Lightning Storm, as those summon localized conditions conducive to normal lightning strikes. You will note, that those two spells are not castable underwater.

A good thing I started with a Water Genasi as new character fives seconds ago

We know. We flooded this dungeon 5 levels ago.

ยด>roll Knowledge(Modern Chemistry)

You should use a spear instead.

>I'll have no fictional substances in my game of make believe, no put on your orichalcum armor and kill monsters with mithril weapons

Not true about the water purity shit. I would imagine magically-created water could be as pure as possible, because magic, and also pure water is probably easier to create, unless you're "creating" it by getting it out of a different plane or whatever.

ergo, if the dungeon is artificially flooded, the water could be non-conductive.

The sword would disolve in the water

What if everyone turned into mermaids during the dungeon?

Even the boys.

Except it doesn't say the water is magically created, far more likely the dugeon is flooded due to structural failure allowing water in from the outside, either through rain, from a nearby body of water, or just the local water table itself.

Or, the whole dungeon becomes the sword.

>Your dagger begins to rust

But what if he doesn't have polearm proficiency?.

I cast alter self and become a Water Genasi.

>But what if he doesn't have polearm proficiency?.

If your warrior doesn't know how to use a spear, then you should consider getting a new warrior.

>electrified swamps
Fucking Iraqis.

Then I'd be happy that the players came up with a sane plan for once.

Magic daggers don't rust dummy.

>I let players introduce new substances to my setting when they feel like it. Even world ending ones.

What kind of flooding are we talking about here? Ankle deep, waist deep, or completely submerged?

Hoping for completely submerged, since we've gotta adapt to a new environment. Ankle and waist just means we're moving slower and are getting blisters/chafing.

>It's not water

>Ankle and waist just means we're moving slower and are getting blisters/chafing

If your GM is cruel and creative enough, there are hazards he can use: Carnivorous fish, leeches, parasites, and other little bastards that can't wait to gobble up some adventurer flesh.

And then you could have stuff like bats, ghosts, ranged attackers, and wall-climbing enemies which are not impeded by the water and are all too happy to abuse that fact when facing the PCs.

It can also mask traps other hazards you'd otherwise be able to avoid.

Yes, and?

what sorta fucking knight dosent know how to handle a nice long hard rod

I create a block of ice and push it onto the red pad where the clay pot with the rupee in it was. Then I play my gay flute and the drains open and the water runs out. Then I explore and fight monsters who were apparently holding their breath the whole time, and hopefully obtain a quarter heart piece.

>"YOU ALL LAUGHED WHEN I SAID I WANTED TO BE A MANFISH!"

>The dungeon is flooded with kittens

>The dungeon is covered in the powerful musky negro cock seed the most valuable and powerful sustance in ALL universes

How simply fucking ep*c would this be Veeky Forums????
I'd say from GURPS (AKA DUMBS) to D&D (The utimate epicness of epic, so hella fr*cking epic is the best game) i'd say it is a 5e.... SImply epic for the win...

especially the boys

Coalaca orgy, obs.

As an animal shelter volunteer, this would actually fucking suck. Kittens poop a LOT, and with a room full of them they wouldn't have anywhere to do it in. The smell would be undescribably bad.

>only exists below 140 Kelvin
Yeah okay I'll take it, something fun is bound to happen.

Hush, you. Imagine Snuggles.

I think I've just found a new assassination technique for a future use, thanks.

haha how embarrassing

>they're faster than you and suffer less penalties because their bodies are dense and have less drag than yours, but they can't swim

>most doors are rusted or swollen shut, and you simply can't apply force like you could out of water
>there are magic spell traps around the dungeon that cast dispel magic when triggered

Raiden? I like your new head

Okay
1: The reaction is endothermic. It will freeze some, but not all water.
2: It can only exist in a pressurized container, once it escapes into normal pressure, it dissapates into nothing.

Seems like the perfect glass bauble a wizard would use to summon a ice storm, a regular tempest in a teakettle.

We once had issues with an angry dunkleosteus god in a similar situation. It was not fun. I lost a fucking arm.

For the linguist nerds, what is the opposite of maid for men?

I know maid is similar for maiden, so what can we work with here?

Mer-men is perfectly serviceable.

Alternatively
Mer-
Lad.
Dude.
Chap.
Bloke.
Lin.