Forever DMs / players with no friends, what are characters you've been wanting to play?

My current ones are an Oath of the Crown paladin who acts very similar to the Good Soldier Schweik, a blind ranger who distrusts nature, Mad Jack Churchill the Drow Bard, a cowardly Druid, and an Illusionist Wizard Charlatan.

Finally! I have so many of these.

The first one is a human rogue named Tsera. I put all the points I could into her INT and WIS and gave her the linguist feat. She has no weapons and I want to try and play her as a character who has no combat abilities. She's a scholar who came from a small religious town. She loved her home and family, but fell in love with a travelling researcher. Against her parents wishes, they eloped and set out to explore a cold uncharted area known as The Bitter North. After about 5 years of happy marriage and research, her husband is killed in a scirmish between a Northern tribe and an orc tribe. She wanted to try and stop the fighting, but realized that despite her passion for language, she'd never even tried to learn orcish. With her husband and dreams dead, she decides to return home. She'll need to join someone else's travelling party for protection. She can't fight, but she knows a lot about religion, history, and languages (so she could help decipher stuff). She is currently studying orcish in hopes of breaking down language and cultural barriers.

>Foever DMs
>what are characters you've been wanting to play?

Any.

The next one is a Pixie named Amaryllis. I had to make a homebrew race and class for her. She's just a typical Pixie who one day met another character of mine who was a halfling nature cleric. These two characters become best friends (the Pixies had an unrequited love for the halfling), but Amaryllis was kind of heartbroken because she knew that she'd outlive the halfling (Pixies don't age). The halfling comforted her by teaching her that their time together meant that much more because it wasn't going to be forever. He also told her that he would live on so long as she remembered him and kept her in his heart. Eventually he either has to leave or he dies, and she only has his memory now. However, one day AMaryllis comes across a sadistic sorceress who, just for the hell of it, steals Amaryllis' memories of the halfling. Amaryllis knows that something important was stolen from her and decides to join a party in hopes of finding it. She's far more serious than her Pixie kin now, but she's still a nature loving, playful, little girl.

Seconded.

The third character I have is gonna be a human ranger from an Amazon city in the desert. Her name is Jarei and she comes from a warrior culture that values their combat abilities and sisterhood above all else. In her society, the worst crime you ccan commit is treason or desertion. Jarei is head of a scouting unit and also the top tracker in her city. Off duty she is a normal, if a little prideful and uptght, but on duty she is an emotionless machine that does not stop until her task is complete. Though she hardens herself on the battle or hunting fields, in her home she often cries in private in order to relieve stress. She is by no means sadistic or evil, but she does not concern herslef with the affairs of men and non Amazon women. She doesn't hate men, she just hates weak people and has a very high standard for strength. She gets an assignment to track down a deserter who left for the outside world to find an illegitimate child.

It's nice to finally get all my ideas out in the open. I can't wait for nobody to read them because they're not in greentext.

I've always wanted to play something where I get to just randomly generate my character. I'd be fine with running it, but most games like that are OSR and it's a dying fad.

Plus I'm not big on playing with randos on the internet, especially not for a campaign long enough for characters to matter.

I wanted a pixie too and have her befriend a young swordsman or dragon

I've been living my character dreams through npc and guest PC. I did start running into character tropes so I made some with different stat balances and built my character around its stats. That was a lot more fun than I thought

Rolling for stats is cool, but I'd rather have something with actual backstory tables to roll on and shit. I think that stuff is the best.

how would you play her class and race? I kinda just went off the monster manual when making my stats.

Not that user, but I personally would just not use DnD. Characters with involved backstories are better off in systems where the GMs are less likely to have bad habits (like not letting you play a pixie because they're not in the book as a PC race)

Your resident OP has read them dear user

Me too! It's just that I've been developing potential guest characters and plot starters with story in mind first. It was getting late and I needed one more but my creativity was starting to tire. That's how I made a bard character who's just really bad at most things except charisma checks.

I wouldn't do it all the time but it's an interesting take. Almost like they were born with those stats. I was lenient with the numbers. I rolled 6 number values and assigned them as I built the character. S P I C Y , I know

I'm that user and I agree with I switched off of that for more storytelling and less crunch. It would be like an Elve with less physical stats and higher charisma. Depends on what you're running

me when I get to play as a PC:

>always come up with a solid character and flesh it out a little bit, try to give it a quirk/recognizable feature/catchphrase
>first session I try to interact meaningfully with the whole party and establish the type of relationships we have early on
>outside of game, try to come up with ways to progress/evolve those relationships

party when I get to play as a PC:

>interested in shiny things, killing shit, and their individual success, nothing else
>routinely attempts to fight/poison/rape quest givers and important NPCs
>rolls to cast magic missile at the darkness

>First encounter of the campaign.

Fellow player:
>rolls without prompting
>"I roll to seduce the goblins. I got a 17."

>GM goes with it
>never even make it to the plot hook

Thank you, OP

>Happy go lucky Necromancer.
>Denied because Necromancers "are broken".
>Changling
>GM doesn't want to deal with shapeshifters.
>Werewolf
>See above.
>Lawful Evil monk.
>Playing a Monk would just bring the party down.
>GM wants someone in party to play Cleric.
>Can I be a Cleric of this god?
>No we need a healer.
>Want to play a Ranger
>Animal companions are to complicated.

Holy shit user find a new party

Nobody should ever be forced to play cleric.

I've wanted to make an arms dealer type. But instead of it being a business, closer to a religion. Basically, a paladin of /k/.

'A person without a weapon is not capable of being self-sufficient' would basically be their motto, and anywhere they went, they would leave a trail of weapons in their wake. If they make money in the process, that's all the better.

They delve into dungeons, slay monsters, pick the weapons out of a pile of gold in a treasure horde and leave the rest for others.

I've always wanted to play in a fantasy game with modern guns. Go into a dungeon with some shotguns, stock up on rifles, that sort of thing. We play in systems that would support it, but everyone just wants swords.

because I'm a fan of over the top bards and modern music, i want to get the chance to play my Matt Bellamy-inspired bard for the insane riffs and over the top stage spectacle.

probably not likely to get a chance

Ive never ever played as pc. Always as a dm.

If i could, i would play the shit out of lore bards

I know it's snowflake meme-tier shit but goddammit, I just wanna play as a talking dog.

/thread

Also - this

Do you really want to fight against kobolds that have guns?

What a lazy DM. If the necromancer on your system is broken, just make the game more of a challenge. Companions are less complicated than a new PC.

REEEEEEEEEEE

Hell yeah! I'd love to duck behind cover and have a shoot out with dual pistol wielding kobolds. I don't care if that increases likelihood for my character to die, even. It just sounds like a fun change to the normal fantasy formula.

Yes.

I've always wanted a rogue band of them living in a sewer system under a large city. Not with guns but throwing knives and stuff.

>>routinely attempts to fight/poison/rape quest givers and important NPCs
"Yes, I have one last thing for you.... There is an untrustworthy... UGGGHHH MY HEART" Bob Questington falls over and dies as he succumbs to the poison. On his corpse is a letter. Inside is an invitation to a banquet.
Should they choose to go they'll meet with Lord Viper. Eating the food causes them to be poisoned. The poison is slow acting but not cureable by "remove/cure poison" Only Lord viper has the cure and he is surrounded by guards most of the time. Should they kill him anyway they never get the cure and die of whatever poison he gave them

>Ork who is obsessed with magic
>Too stupid to learn magic
>No natural affinity for magic
>Instead collects magic items and uses them so he can be a "propa wuzzart"

>Kobold cleric of a chaotic-evil deity that can't think on a grand enough scale so he harasses farmers with undead rats
>A half-orc gladiator who finally bought his freedom, and is just excited to just explore beyond his tiny little arena
>An impoverished knight looking to further his family while following the five knightly virtues from Witcher 3

I just play my all my characters as I DM. That's why I like DMing so much.

Something simple, for a change. Just a farmer who got sick of [ork] raids and gov't doing nothing about it, so he decided to take up arms and deal with them himself. Along the way, he rallies other farmers to join him and renounce the rule of the useless king.

He's a very uncomplicated character, a bit surly and with little patience when things need to be done. He's not a leader type of person, but can be quite a warmonger and rabble-rouser. He's not the greatest swordsman ever either, but he makes up for it in his small band of followers.
Doesn't particularly hate the [orcs], but is adamant about putting an end to their raids, and holds a bigger grudge against the gov't.
His biggest goal is to have his region independent, as he doesn't believe that corruption and king's negligence can be fixed.

It's not very exciting, but I'm kinda sick of high fantasy, exotic characters and snowflakes and such shit. I just want something simple.

>player with no friends
Anything. I've only done CoC solo before and MnM test scenarios.

Usually I just stat out the build I wanted to use and chuck it at the players. what they do behind the scenes is stuck in my imagination but gosh darn it they still act on it even if the players don't know whats going on.

I just want some inspired players.
People who have ready character concepts.
People who know what they wanna play.
People who are reliable, and show up on time

Maybe even players who remember location names, and are willing to read the book, but know I have to limit my desires

I feel in love with the Grippli race and have wanted to play a grippli in literally any role for two years.

I want to play a brown bear looking to grow large enough to reach the top of the food chain, no ERP. It might be jarring to take complex actions not normally handled by creatures of animal intelligence, but I plan to justify this by saying I'm smarter than the av-er-age bear

>Dwarven Druid hailing from a far-away land, dedicating his life to finding and documenting exotic flora and fauna
>Keeps journals of all his findings, periodically sending them to the nearest publisher/university royalty free to spread the knowledge of how to find and deal with these fascinating creatures
>Speaks with an excellently pronounced English accent
Basically imagine David Attenborough with a gnarly beard who likes to fuck shit up in melee and transforms into all the new animals he's learned of.

>having characters in mind
>not rolling for everything
baka desu senpai

A Muun Entrepreneur in SWRPG with a rare genetic disorder associated with an overdeveloped adrenal gland. He's been known to take long walks in direct sunlight, participate in competitions of marksmanship, and occasionally even play a hand or two of sabacc - only betting a maximum of fifteen credits, of course. He might love excitement, but he's not insane.

I don't agree with you, but I also don't disagree with you.

Guys, listen. Guys, like, wow, listen to this, guys.
How about, guys, listen, how about, listen, how about you will, like, guys, DM for each other? Like, listen guys, listen, start a campaign, right, with other DMs as players, right, and then, like, listen, you will start another campaign, with one of the players from first campaign DMing.

assian mifl with big tits and ass

You're too young to be on Veeky Forums, aren't you.

Nah. It's just that my players are all into "roleplaying not rollplaying" shit, characters with fucktons of backstory, getting engaged in the world. That's boring for me, I just want asian mifl fiwht big tits and ass and to roll some damn dice.

If you're not into roleplaying then maybe roleplaying games, like tabletops are not something you should concentrate on for now? I mean, if it's just random diceroll while being a sexed up girl, MMOs are what you should go for.

>I want to pretend that I'm a man with pointy ears fighting angry green people, it's srs bussines!
are you 12?

>GM doesn't want to deal with shapeshifters
>try werewolf anyway
no user you were that guy

No, are you? Or you honestly believe I am and will get baited by a flimsy strawman?

You'd be surprised how many people just lurk and read without commenting user

Me and a friend prepared a pair of characters, Kain and Grant from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, for 5e. Respectively, a Sun Soul Monk and an Immortal Mystic. I'll end up DM'ing with him in the group and make Grant a NPC, which will make an interesting character get resumed to side heals and carrying stuff.

>I've been eyeing the starwars rpg
>want to play a male popstar wookie with a spiky collar that auto translates into basic in a bad robot voice with matching wrist cuffs
>wears a leopard print speedo with a big belt that holds all my stuff and a sonic pistol
>has a power droid thats been turned into a walking amp and karaoke machine
>sings wookie love songs that people seem to love

A reanimated skeleton of a long dead hero from a long forgotten kingdom. He is brought back against his will, and must come to terms with his kingdom, people, friends, and beloved princess all long gone. He is an abomination and relic of a forgone time. His trusty enchanted sword and armor are rusty and without magic, but he will come to learn that evil never rests and although he is dust and bones, there is good he can still do.

...and an anthro-character. Whether that's a minotaur, centaur, or some other nonhuman character, but damn I always get weird looks when I want to run those kind of campaigns.

I actually had the chance to play one character for two sessions before the whole thing was called off for good. The other is just one that I've wanted to play.
His name was Stag Rider! He was an ally of justice who would never give up! He spent his time riding on his stag beetle shaped motorcycle while giving things such as blankets; pillows; food; and water to the impoverished. He had no weapons, other than his mighty fists! He had no armor, other than his rider suit and his unbreakable will! He had many special attacks, such as Stag Kick, Stag Punch, and Stag Rush. He put everything he had into every fight, willing to risk his life to protect any and everyone he could.

Another character was a simple man.
He wore protective armor, a shield that was large enough to protect him well but small enough to not be cumbersome, and a sword for being able to slash, stab, and bludgeon.
He never changed his equipment.
He was a simple man.
The party comes across a Flaming Greatsword +7? He walks past it.
He receives an offer to enchant his sword? He refuses.
His shield rusts? He'll still block with it.
His sword breaks? He'll still fight with it.
His armor is cracked and battered? He'll keep wearing it.
The party finds a dragon impervious to normal attacks? He'll charge right in, ready to fight it with his dilapidated equipment.
A simple man.
Perhaps when his days are over, someone would explore and find a rusted shield, a broken sword, and battered armor. Perhaps they will pick up the equipment and use it themselves to learn the basics.
A simple man. A simple, but fearless man.