The Best Ideas are Stolen

What's the best thing you've ever nabbed from someone else to put into your campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILQaZC24kiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The villain of my campaign, a kraken priest, is literally Euron Greyjoy from ASOIAF. Everyone in the group is well aware of my obsession with the series and some of them watched Game of Thrones, but none of them actually read the books, so I'm good.

Took the idea of a kind of sports-tournament that consists of crazy wizards making gauntlet dungeons right here from this very Veeky Forums!

They pop up seasonally, some emerging after 5 years, some 1, and there are special teams sponsored to run them that're famous across the realm and whose exploits are widely spread about.

I've run Silverado as a pretty lenghty campaign, almost scene-by-scene. Since my players are movie-illiterate, nobody noticed.

>every NPC is actually a 2hu, a shipgirl, an iM@S, a Granblue waifu, or a Servant waifu based on their ultra-basic personality profiles

Would you play under this GM?

I stole gameplay concepts from dead mmorpgs to implement into my custom 5e system.

It takes only the mechanical simplicity of 5e to make way for complex roleplaying

Yeah, but I'm pretty weebish.

Took an idea I heard here once of a drow as a weird immigrant with a silly accent, think the Bellics from GTA IV. I used it with friends who aren't super experienced (Would never dream of trying that bullshit with someone who cares about the setting to a serious degree)
He was a really fun character to play,and everyone else liked him too.

I...guess? What kind of game is it?

I'm usually pulling shit like this as an opening scenario for new party. If they figure out what I'm using, then I know I'm playing with the right people for me. If they can't, it means I will need to put extra effort to telegraph clues and other things, as they not only don't watch too many movies, but are also convention-blind.

In Veeky Forums's archives, is there a system to pick out the coolest/best threads for concepts? Or do ya just have to get lucky?

>I will not put a character from a loli hentai into my game

And then my players thought she was pretty okay. God help me.

That's tolerable. Putting real characters into your loli hentai would be over the line though.

You know there's second Yupiel, right?

Like an OC hentai character? Or just from a goujin and actually fom something else?

>Yupiel

My dude

Thant's cool and all, but can your party defeat STOPMAN: The iron fist of justice?

It's ok, user. As long as it doesn't turn into magical realm, it's fine.

I'd play literally anything, even FATAL, so long as the GM is competent and fun.

You are only saying that because you never played a horrible game with a competent GM. I remember all the trouble caused by just running/playing 3.PF, despite our GM being absolutely great with his job, both with scenarios and crunch part.
While the game itself is not as important as skills of your GM, it does affect thing anyway, since that's your set of rules and basis for rulings.

Hold on, I literally just made that crop yesterday.

Got any more of these for other characters, please?

How's that supposed to work? In order to rip their personalities they'd need to have personalities in the first place.

My players are all different incarnations of the Nameless One, brought together by a combination of DarkSouls-style time-convolution, memory fuckery, and the power of belief. My players have never played Planescape, so they have no idea.

I'm saying this because I've scarcely with a competent GM. I've actually had some stupid fun with 3.PF, but I won't count that since that was my mostly fault that I had fun.

>Lolidom
Is there a more garbage fetish? The answer is yes, but aside from non-shit, piss, mutilation, or death fetishes Lolidom is pretty high on the list of garbage fetishes.

Got a few. Meereen plot is my personal pet peeve.

There's Jaime plot too.

I stole the idea of how most starports in my SWN game treat spacers from a game I play/am playtesting.

I legitimately cannot tell if he is evil or not.

most granblue characters are actually well written and fun, using them as NPC has been success for me. my players have 0 idea that half the NPC they encounter are from anime waifu mobile game.

Any examples? Or a whole list?

What's this from?

That's pretty cool. Have you given any hints in-story?

I took the plague side quest of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, added a few details of my own and turned it into a campaign. I blatantly stole some of the npcs names too.

My players are new to VtM, so I can get away with it.

Sounds neat! Seems to be a lot to steal from videogames.

I've stolen more shit from Dune than I can keep track of.

I've got an Orog antagonist who completely stole the social darwinist philosophy from Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin

Santa's Workshop.

Why specifically from that character?

I stole this gag. Went over pretty well.
youtube.com/watch?v=ILQaZC24kiw

That was a fantastic twist on an old gag. Thank you for linking that.

Basically all my adventures and everything within is stolen, every couple of weeks I go to my library with a notebook and read those choose your own adventures for kids and steal literally every idea, from traps to creepy lighthouses to puzzles you name it

>One of my characters was heavily inspired (plagiarized) from Izumi Sakurazawa's take on Sakuya's backstory. Then was changed into an "identity" more than a single person, meaning there are actually multiple versions of her who have taken on her name.

>Powerful wizard gets resurrected via some forbidden spell cast by one of his followers
>Resurrects other powerful figures from history, including past PCs, under his control
>All the kingdoms have to band together to fight this army of nigh unstoppable undead legends
>Players fight with legendary heroes who don't want to fight but physically can't stop themselves

his both

Stealing this from you. It tickles my dungeon run love affair, explains the existence of these seemingly pointless caverns all over the land, and still has some strong RP potential

Seems there's a dangerous amount of hentai making its way into Veeky Forums's games...

This.

Professionally made CYOA books are probably the best possible source of ideas, period. And your players will be always left with the impression it wasn't a massive railroad, but instead a series of free choices and decisions. They easily beat modules, which always have a linear, one-way-with-almost-no-branches scenario.

Fighting Fantasy is also a good source, but much more obvious to notice as a scenario tailored for an RPG session.

You need to learn how to use search engine. Other than that - blind chance

Entire plot of and missions structure from ace combat 5

Smugpire is best pire.

He's not. His justice spiel is little more than a convenient excuse to rape people. This is pretty obvious in some of his internal monologueing.

I'm pretty sure there's a spell that satisfies the characters' hunger and thirst. Does anyone know how is it called?

Cause that character was not only strong, but also charismatic and influential enough to be both memorable and intimidating. Everyone kinda saw him as a force of nature

Only things I can think of are rings of sustenance, and the 3e Elan racial ability that lets them go without food or water. As for directly and instantly fulfilling one's needs however, I have no idea.

Man madara was so cool

I stole pic related but as a villain

I swear to fucking god, if your name is Marcus

This handsome and trustworthy motherfucker

This guy as the poison master of a Thieves Guild.

It was...DELIGHTFUL!

you are pathetic and you like shit shows and shit books

I'm running an Elder Scrolls game with a scrapped story mod as its plot destination.

I mixed dorian gray with my half finished BBEG and it went swimmingly.

does this turn into a rape hentai?

I have him as a mad necromancer hidden away in a demi-plane under a lake. He reffered to the coming apocalypse as "The Final Deletion" and now the players are referring to it as that and want him to make another appearance in the game.

None of them watch pro-wrestling.

jesus christ how horrifying

tell more

Wrasslin's good for a lot. Had an old man act like a senile Ric Flair dring some festival games, it was a riot.

WOO!

What an abomination.

I haven't stolen it yet, but I think the concept of Primals from FFXIV is very stealable.

The long and the short is that godlike beings called Primals can be summons by using a shitload of magic crystals, ritualistically sacrificing souls, or items of bullshit magic power like dragon eyes (which are a big deal in the setting). Most are beastmen gods, but later on you find out even things like legends can be summoned with enough belief and energy is used. Summoned Primals are immensely strong even if summoned with the bare minimum of energy, though they will drain away into nothing if they run out of juice. They're also extremely dangerous to fight in person because they can Temper people into becoming fanatic worshipers in close proximity to them.

One of the plotlines early on is that beastmen like kobolds and lizardmen keep summoning their primals to deal with humans since they lack the tech or power to deal with humanity, which is basically a potential catastrophe each time. Both the humanoid and monster races run the gamut from nice guys to dicks, so sometimes you can sorta justify the summoning while other times they're doing it to be bastards.

FFXIV also has several flavors of ancient civilizations chock full of pick related, several of which decided to do fun things like stick Primals inside of giant machines for fuel or sticking the queen of hell inside of an airship.

The final battles from Earthbound and Final Fantasy 4, when the fight seems hopeless against an impossibly strong enemy, but then the characters see everyone they've helped on their journey praying for their safety, giving them the strength to stand up and fight back.

Why would I give them hints, retard? They've never played the game

the fandom gives them personality, the consensus is suprisingly thight

I dont really steal but all my ideas end up having been done before, human imagination is really limited