Connected to CCNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Z-Zone_Plan.mapsft
>Mom_and_Pop_Stores__Do_they_still_exist?.trid
>The_Shiawase_Decision.trid
>In_The_Shadow_Of_A_Fractured_Corp__Fuchi.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 100 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, have a run against an A-Corp. Ready for a Milk-Run?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Sociopathy.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Corp Edition
What A- and AA-Rated corps have you introduced in your games?

Wulfrik-Amazon&Frisk
AA corp
originally a rival to Amazon and Wulfrik&Frisk, they purchased it during the second crash as the CEO of amazon "accidentally" died and the stock prices changed enough to allow for an easy acquisition and merge.

(forgot to add this onto last post)
They boast that 1. any product commercially available you can buy from them, and 2, they can deliver what you purchase to anywhere in the world, no matter the danger level. Whether or not either of these claims is accurate still waits to be seen

Why would a rival to the two companies merge the two names to create a whole new name while completely ditching their old name?
What was this rival before this?

Is IR3 so superior to IR2 for a combat adept that I need it, or can I stick with 2 and put that extra stuff in combat sense and improved gun abilities?

Where can I find this? Sounds great.

Bang for your buck?

IR Level 3 and Combat Sense Level 1 is much better.

Alright sweet.

So, Beast spirits are basically garbage at Combat? I can see exactly no reason to ever show up to a fight with one instead of a something else. Fire, Guardian, even Plant all seem better at the job. Am I missing something, or are they just shit?

For someone without an Internal Router, is it worth going for the Stealth Dongle and a Program Carrier with Smoke and Mirrors and just slaving everything to it?

I'm not playing a Rigger and don't really understand the rules for drones. If I get a Saeder-Krupp Direktionssekretar what programs do I need to buy for it to manage my schedules, pay my taxes and cook my food. Can it also fire a gun I give it or does that require another program?

Speaking of, the finalized sheet that I'll be taking tonight. Grabbed a Combat Knife / Tomahawk for tossing to a Guardian Spirit as a quick and dirty weapon. A Winchester rifle'll come later when I can afford the license.

If you can't afford a magic weapon, high powered gun, or even APDS ammo, what's your next best option for beating a spirit in combat?

Geek the mage.

Karpov Industries
AA corp partly owned by the Russian government.

They got built from a consortium of smaller russian corp in the 30s. They used to mostly make weapons and knockoffs but since Crash 2.0 they've acquired some pretty sizeable industry allowing them to produce high quality anthro milspec drones.

They almost don't exist outside of Russian and the Balkans.

>Loffy is a total lurker that makes throwaway accounts to shitpost before deleting them off the matrix
It's rather fitting.

The old shadowrun books are fucking fun to read
Like this piece or the whole Cybertechnology book
Cybertechnology is fucking amazing

Stun Baton.

As a beginner, i see this kind of effort (you even made a pdf on their whole armory) and it's so admirable. Love the precision of the business description.

What do you use for houserules, /srg/?

Was there ever anymore wage slave quest, or just the six on suptg?

It's usually faster to just agree that people in an enclosed space die when the bomb goes off, rather than waste the time figuring out exactly how much damage they took, unless they've got some special resistance

Fashion armour from Run and Gun has its armour halved. Sleeping Tiger and Second Skin are Electrochromatic, not Ruthenium. Melee is a Simple Action.

If you just want it to do house chores just get a Shiawase I-Doll for half the price and less restriction, but i think for it to fire guns you'll need a targeting autosoft

I've read the description, it comes with a built in knowsoft that does most of the things I listed. Targeting Autosoft is separate though.

man if people did this reading thing more

Consider this: A magical tradition that summons spirits in the form of weapons. The weapons have a DV of Force + Str of the wielder (+ the effects of elemental aura) and an AP and accuracy of of Force

Is this broken? How would you do it?

Just do Manablade/Powerblade. Less fking hassle.

yes sir I would also like to have that STR+8 and -8AP flaming sword at my command
Also my secret bound STR+12 -12AP katana that I hide in my trench coat
Its not like the biggest melee weapon hits for STR+4
Master the system first, homebrew later you giant weeb

I'm the same guy. I just pored over the book and googled for similar questions in that two hours.

>Loffy being Reddit tier shitposter on NotReddit Jackpoint.
Makes sense. Now I want to see him get into a flame war (pic related) and it was revealed Harley and Hestaby were double teaming him for shits and giggles.

I just wanted a loli with a giant thunder hammer, geez.

Alright, I'll have to adjust a few things but this works too

Innate Spell: Manablade.

A paedophile and an idiot, what a shock.

What's the best cheapest way for a rigger to set up a ghetto guerilla surveillance network? Just bundling single sensors together like microphone-directional microphone-camera-vision magnification together into some sort of housing, with a cheap commlink to connect them to a network and bolting them to walls? Or is there a better way of going about doing this on the cheap?

I imagine in the world of Shadowrun, most people wouldn't even bat an eye at new cameras or listening devices turning up randomly around town.

Can we not?

>I imagine in the world of Shadowrun, most people wouldn't even bat an eye at new cameras or listening devices turning up randomly around town.

Yep. They'd be too busy stealing them to bat an eye.

Sensor tags with Ultrasound, networked to a regular-ass Comlink with a Trid Projector. For 2020 Nuyen, you can get 10 sensor tags with Ultrasound R2, which can give you a full 3D map of a decent sized area. Plus, they so small that you can hide them fucking anywhere, and if you've got that one thing that lets you change icons, you can change their icons to be random advertisements and sell space on them. Boom, free money, which lets you upgrade your surveillance network, which gets you more free money, and so on.

How big a news is it in Seattle if in the Puget Sound a garbage barge sank?

Fuck off, pedophile.

Sensor tags, for sure.

Melee simple
Firearm skills merged together, same for blades and clubs
The more rounds you try to fire, the further you have to split your dice pool. Simple burst = divide in three (unless you only want to hit with one round)
Integral heavy weapons such as grenade launchers don't use heavy weapons skill, only the skill of firearm they're attached to

Some off the top of my head, there are probably others

Bottom of the news feed for 4 or 5 hours, just under an ad for an Ares Alpha body pillow and the story of some ork Granny's fight against racism on soy-caf boxes.

What's wrong with being pedo anyway?

For you.

>The more rounds you try to fire, the further you have to split your dice pool
Oh, I remember you single-shot faggot

Here attach this to your barrel, it helps with the bullet spread!

I remember you too, you're the shitposter right?

Do you just not deal with blast damage to solid objects like walls?

How much for one? Asking for a friend, naturally. He's a pedo too.

Sensor tags with ultrasound aren't worth it. You get way more coverage with cameras for way cheaper. As long as you're smart about placement you can minimize blind spots too.

Ehh, I can kind of understand it
With a camera you can darken the area and sneak through, you can don a Chameleon Suit, get yourself some Imp.Invis, etc.
With ultrasound you basically only have the silence spell to get through, which will also alarm them if suddenly they detect no Ultrasound at all

>captcha: road ahead
thanks for the heads up

Is mixing face and infiltrator viable?

Social infiltrators are a thing.

If you mean Face and Stealth Infiltrator? Ehh, spreading yourself kinda thin

You can't be a good dedicated face, but you can pick up some competence in social skills (mostly through high charisma). There was a discussion on face/sam hybrids the previous thread, you can apply the same ideas to building a face/infiltrator.

Quick, someone give me pictures of good IRL, or at least film quality concept art, images that I can use as stand ins for the generally atrocious canon gun pictures.

Is that the new LMT meme rifle?

I strongly agree when you're talking about professional-grade sensor setups. But when you're taking about ghetto-rigging a security system out of sensor tags, it's all about quantity and affordability.

Which fucking guns?

Don't just ask that and not give details on which you want.

Yep. I just saw the video and was surprised by how well it could fit, with some cyberpunk gubbins, as a Raiden.

Have another meme gun.

Is that a CZ75 in some obscure meme cartridge?

Non specifically, just any gun you think might have a suitable/improved stand in.

Perfect Time and Overclocker are a match made in heaven, but what if my GM is running the matrix as just skill checks and not it's own subsystem to keep the game flowing?

Internally it's mostly a CZ-75 yeah, though it has some other stuff going on like a counterweight system.

It's not an obscure meme cartridge, it's even better. It's a proprietary meme cartridge.

Ignore the word Beretta on this one.

Alright, thanks a lot for the help chums, i'll make sure to check what you mentioned.

bad wording, they were originally Wulfrik&Frisk, a rival to amazon. They acquired Amazon and merged the names

upon recommedation of here I'm only using the automatics firearms skill, which should I use: a submachine gun or an assault rifle

Depends on purpose

Character's going to be a Decker, hopefully won't be in the direct line of fire

>colt manhunter
>beretta stamped on receiver

Really activates my almonds.

Hey chummers. I'm kinda noobish to the system and I only played it for a few sessions in 4e where I had a Bioware-modified Gunslinger that, frankly, was a one trick pony.

Now a friend throws together a new group for 5e and I'm trying to come up with a char. After browsing the web and reading about awful runs and the situational nature of it, I dismissed my first draft of a "demo-boy". He would have been an explosives expert as a major theme and everything else would have been secondary. Doesn't really make sense in a small group.

Since I don't want to be a Decker or Rigger, I started to look into Magic. I get the gist of it and I see the many possibilities to play it out. I have a rough picture in my mind of a Combat/Support Mage that follows the Hermetic tradition. Can any of you guys give me some tips on a good skillset and secondary gear? What to avoid because it's shit? How do I max the potential of a hermetic vs a shaman?

We already have a Face so should I skip all the mind-reading/controlling and analysing stuff? I like the idea of using Healing Spells and maybe being able to summon.

Concealable submachine gun/machine pistol for personal protection, assault rifle when concealability is not an issue

No, as in, it depends on what scenario he's in. He should have at least one of each.

That makes more sense than what I was thinking of
defenitly going to get both

SBD-44 waste of nuyen or a fine weapon?

Accuracy 3
Damage rating 10pv-1
Modes: SA/BF/FA
Ammo Capacity: 32
Range: assault rifle
Device Rating 2

Shit accuracy, worse damage than AA. Why would you ever use that?

I considered it because it was only 500 nuyen, the search for an AR continues

What can an agent run off of again? I know commlinks aren't one of them

Ares Alpha is the standard, AK for the budget.

wow, all of those (except melee = simple action) are retarded as fuck.

>the search for an AR continues
I was told that the AR in the SR universe is Colt M23.

Why?

or more specifically is it possible to make one run inside a sensor housing/connected to one to serve as a smart hub type thing?

Makes every High-Agi Character even more of an expert in fucking all weapons than it was before, extends this problem to melee weapons and nerfs burstfire so deep into some sort of "why would anybody use this ever?" limbo that you can just as well remove it entirely from the system.

You could use it as a throw-away weapon if you have some spare external smartgun lying around.
Cheap enough to replace it often.
Alternatively, use it if your gunskill sucks

because it means that with a normal dice pool (12 dice) you are basically forced to just fire one bullet. Since even firing two bullets gives you a pretty good chance to miss a normal person with both (you have a 62% chance to miss with each bullet, which gives you a ~40% chance to miss with both when your enemy is a REA 3 INT 3 guy)

>>Makes every High-Agi Character even more of an expert in fucking all weapons than it was before
As opposed to what, Strength characters being forced to stick with That One Weapon for all eternity, because they wouldn't ever want to gimp themselves by using a weapon they can't use?

Because a master assault rifle user being unable to snipe makes perfect sense? And a pistoleer being incompetent with a machine pistol is completely fair?

Every weapon user already uses agility for dice pools, forcing all characters to just stick to one category of weapons "because reasons" is as retarded as you, dipshit.

>and nerfs burstfire so deep into some sort of "why would anybody use this ever?" limbo that you can just as well remove it entirely from the system.
Yeah, that's the entire point. It's there if you want to hurt someone who's easy to hit, but otherwise, you never want to use it. Unless you like missing a lot.

And why exactly is that any worse than being forced to burst and spray everywhere all the time like a fucking retard?

because that means that with a reasonable defense dice pool you are doing this either way
With 12 dice to shoot, if you enemy has 9 dice to dodge (which is piss easy to get) you only have a 60% chance of hitting
If they have 12 dice to dodge that sinks to 41%
We are still talking about a situation where you have only a 50% chance to hit an enemy combatant
And that isn't fun.
Spraying and praying is.

Also: Unless you aren't a Hyper-optimized sammy that basically means that combat for you is sitting behind a wall and waiting till eventually they've hit each other and one of them has died (from the bullets or from boredom)

>inb4 "but that's realistic"
It doesn't matter what's realistic, only what's fun to play

Stop feeding the troll.

>Every weapon user already uses agility for dice pools, forcing all characters to just stick to one category of weapons "because reasons" is as retarded as you, dipshit.

>forcing

nobody is forcing you, you terminal retard.
Just raise the different skills

>Because a master assault rifle user being unable to snipe makes perfect sense? And a pistoleer being incompetent with a machine pistol is completely fair?

read the fucking rulesbooks.
It says right in the corebook that the GM can let you throw a skill with a penalty if you want to do something but don't have the right one.

>Yeah, that's the entire point. It's there if you want to hurt someone who's easy to hit, but otherwise, you never want to use it

Oh boy, its you again.
I remember you from before i took a several month break from SR.
You are that faggot arguing about "nobody uses automatic fire" who never did serve on a tour of duty.

>durr, i want all character sheets of a given archetype to basically look the same

Kill yourself and fuck of to the FATE threads to stink them up.

>With 12 dice to shoot, if you enemy has 9 dice to dodge (which is piss easy to get) you only have a 60% chance of hitting
After factoring in modifiers for aim, smartlink, etc., your chances of hitting are significantly higher than you make it seem.

Besides, this also makes dodge-heavy builds far more viable than before, where you could simply negate a whole build by making tard noises and holding the trigger down. Still vulnerable to explosives and focus fire (dat cumulative penalty), but not completely worthless.

>And that isn't fun.
>Spraying and praying is.
Wrong and wrong.

>It doesn't matter what's realistic, only what's fun to play
Realistic IS fun to play.

>dodge-heavy
>supposedly arguing pro realism

idiot

>Absence of burst/FA
>realistic

idiot2

>>nobody is forcing you, you terminal retard.
>Just raise the different skills
Why do you think it's acceptable to punish the player for wanting to diversify? There is absolutely no mechanical reason to ever use more than one weapon category. Ever.

>read the fucking rulesbooks.
>It says right in the corebook that the GM can let you throw a skill with a penalty if you want to do something but don't have the right one.
Substituting, yes. And it also says that the penalty is GM determined and OPTIONAL. So basically, I'm just simplifying the system by getting rid of redundant skills.

>You are that faggot arguing about "nobody uses automatic fire"
And that faggot is still correct.

>dodge-heavy
>supposedly arguing pro realism
Entirely tied to how you play the scene. Dodge for me means moving into cover/concealment, and keeping out of sight. What, you think I won't be giving characters any penalties to dodge for staying in the open like idiots?

>Absence of burst/FA
>realistic
It's not absent, it is there. You just almost never want to use is unless you're suppressing.

>And that faggot is still correct

t. fat neckbeard civilian who never served and maybe is samefagging

And no, he isn't.
He is as wrong as one can be.

Proof that even idiots ought to understand without going into lengthy discussions about combat:
Every fucking army in the world issuing weapons capable of at least burstfire as their main service rifle instead of reserving those for a few selected roles.

>Why do you think it's acceptable to punish the player for wanting to diversify? There is absolutely no mechanical reason to ever use more than one weapon category. Ever.

Sure there is: being able to use different types of weaponry for different Scenarios

>optional
irrelevant, tons of rules in SR are

>I'm just simplifying the system by getting rid of redundant skills.

If you want an oversimplified and/or narrative System, go and play FATE

>What, you think I won't be giving characters any penalties to dodge for staying in the open like idiots?
>Wants to support dodge focused characters
>hinders dodge heavy characters

Whatever. Use whatever houserules you want. Most of us thankfully don't have to play with them

EVERYONE ELSE
DON'T FEED HIM
IGNORE HIM
JUST DON'T REPLY
NO, NOT EVEN WITHOUT DIRECTLY LINKING
JUST DON'T REPLY TO WHAT HE SAYS

Addendum:
Its well after midnight here, I'm off.

For someone without an Internal Router, is it worth going for the Stealth Dongle and a Program Carrier with Smoke and Mirrors and just slaving everything to it? For a non-augmented ninja character.